Forum Settings
Forums

Manga/Novels/Games that deserve anime adaptations/remakes.

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 15, 2015 9:41 PM
Jun 2014
The Silent Hill games
May 15, 2015 9:46 PM

Jun 2014
Oyasumi Punpun would be incredibly hard to pull off and I don't really want to see it butchered. But I could see a lot of experimental possibilities they could try with the animation of it. I guess there would be a lot of censorship too.
Jun 4, 2015 9:29 AM

Sep 2014
First of all, I was unsure whether to put this thread in Manga discussion or here but w/e.
I don't read a lot of manga, the only one I probably want to be animated is Horimiya.
?
Jun 4, 2015 9:39 AM

Mar 2014
And I guess that using the search function was too hard for you?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 4, 2015 10:01 AM

Sep 2013
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=625135

Mahou shoujo of the end, it will revolutionize the age of horror with plot.
Jun 4, 2015 11:22 AM

Sep 2012
A ton of shojo romance series that don't have anime.
Jun 4, 2015 11:25 AM

Jun 2014
Probably Orange but I would not watch it. (゚▽^*)
Jun 4, 2015 11:26 AM

Mar 2014
mayukachan said:
Ten Count
Too bad it probably would be censured AF or just get one or two shitty OVAs
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 4, 2015 11:27 AM

Jul 2012
Comic_Sans said:
mayukachan said:
Ten Count

better than nothing!
Jun 4, 2015 11:31 AM

Mar 2014
mayukachan said:
Comic_Sans said:

better than nothing!
Ayyyy

With my bby Shinnosuke Tachibana as Tadaomi
Nico- said:
Jun 4, 2015 11:35 AM

Jun 2015
Tokyo Ghoul and Akame Ga Kill.

I want actual adaptations, not the bullshit Studio Pierrot and White Fox released for Tokyo Ghoul and Akame Ga Kill respectively.
Jun 4, 2015 11:41 AM

Mar 2014
Silvyr said:

I want actual adaptations, not the bullshit Studio Pierrot and White Fox released for Tokyo Ghoul and Akame Ga Kill respectively.
>Calls Tokyo Ghoul a ''bullshit adaptation
>Has it in his favorites and rated it 9/10
Nico- said:
Jun 4, 2015 11:43 AM

Feb 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Silvyr said:

Lool

Doflamingo45 said:

Please no more shoujo crap :/
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jun 4, 2015 11:49 AM

Jun 2011
The nationals arc of Slam Dunk needs an adaptation.

Jun 4, 2015 11:50 AM

Sep 2013
Comic_Sans said:
Silvyr said:

As a standalone it's good ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As an adaptation it's 2/10
Jun 4, 2015 11:51 AM

Jun 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Silvyr said:

Tokyo Ghoul (the first season) wasn't the best adaptation if we're going by the source material. Judging it alone, the first season was really great. Voice acting was fantastic, music was fantastic, and the animation had its terrible moments, but it also had its great moments. Root A still had the voice acting and music, but the pacing was horrific.

You're clearly hating on Tokyo Ghoul for the sake of hating on it. Maybe it just isn't your taste, maybe you genuinely disliked it, but a '1' is far too low, especially when shows like Angel Beats and Akame ga Kill are above it. >_>
Jun 4, 2015 11:51 AM
May 2014
Doflamingo45 said:

shoujo? really -___-
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
Jun 4, 2015 11:57 AM

Apr 2015
Arachnid
Jackals
13 Club

Give me a real Tokyo Ghoul adaptation pwease.
Jun 4, 2015 12:14 PM

Dec 2012
The only thing that I have read that doesn't have an anime is Black Bird. Usually, I'm reading the manga or the novels because I already watched the anime and it lacked a conclusion.
KruszerJun 4, 2015 12:17 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 4, 2015 12:19 PM
Dec 2013
Jun 4, 2015 12:20 PM

May 2012
Sakamoto desu ga
Nobunaga no Chef
Amanchu

Top three I'd want an adaptation for the most.

I think Sakamoto desu ga has a pretty high chance someday

Jun 4, 2015 12:32 PM

Mar 2014
Silvyr said:
Tokyo Ghoul (the first season) wasn't the best adaptation if we're going by the source material. Judging it alone, the first season was really great. Voice acting was fantastic, music was fantastic, and the animation had its terrible moments, but it also had its great moments. Root A still had the voice acting and music, but the pacing was horrific.
How was it good as a standalone adaptation? The pacing was terrible, the character development was next to none, the animation was awful, voice acting was overdramatic and absolutely painful to listen to etc. I'll give you that it had its positive aspects (aka music, Hinami and, in S2, Akira), but they're completely overshadowed by its immense flaws
You're clearly hating on Tokyo Ghoul for the sake of hating on it.
Here we go again, the ''ur just hatin on it becuz its popular'' argument. Like I haven't heard that one a thousands of times before. Please stop
Maybe it just isn't your taste, maybe you genuinely disliked it, but a '1' is far too low, especially when shows like Angel Beats and Akame ga Kill are above it. >_>
Akame ga Kill and Angel Beats both had more pros and less cons than Tokyo Phoul had
Nico- said:
Jun 4, 2015 12:35 PM

Dec 2012
citrus,definitely

i'd also like horimiya to have a proper anime adaptation rather than those shitty ovas
Jun 4, 2015 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
Comic_Sans said:
The pacing was terrible, the character development was next to none, the animation was awful, voice acting was overdramatic and absolutely painful to listen to. etc.

I don't agree with the pacing issue in the slightest, but that one's harder to argue on. In the anime, the only development you really saw was Kaneki, Hinami, and Amon, with maybe hints of Touka in there. I'll give you that one. I didn't have many problems with the animation up until S2, so I'm not entirely sure as to what you're referencing there. As for the voice acting.. I simply can't agree - every member of the cast felt on point. Not once did I ever think, "Wow, this line sounded terrible!"

Comic_Sans said:
Here we go again, the ''ur just hatin on it becuz its popular'' argument. Like I haven't heard that one a thousands of times before. Please stop

Problem is, you're using aspects people would use as positives and attempting to reverse them. I have never encountered anyone who thought TG had painful voice acting. You're genuinely the only one.

Comic_Sans said:
Akame ga Kill and Angel Beats both had more pros and less cons than Tokyo Phoul had

Akame ga Kill wasn't bad up until about the halfway point, which seems to be the pattern for a lot of series. After that, it genuinely just went downhill. Angel Beats has next to no character development, which is the same exact argument you're using for Tokyo Ghoul. Only good side Angel Beats has is a pretty great OST (dat opening tho) and Yurippe. Everything else had really no build up at all, and that ending came from nowhere and made me cringe watching.
Jun 4, 2015 12:49 PM

Feb 2013
Silvyr said:

Akame ga Kill wasn't bad up until about the halfway point, which seems to be the pattern for a lot of series. After that, it genuinely just went downhill

I don't get what the discrepancy between the two halves here is. The series didn't become that much more different in it's second half. Sure it didn't follow the manga but even then what it did was probably just an abbreviated version of how the manga will end.
Jun 4, 2015 12:50 PM

Jun 2015
Like I stated in the other thread, Yotsuba&!.
Jun 4, 2015 12:55 PM

Jun 2015
gedata said:
Silvyr said:

Akame ga Kill wasn't bad up until about the halfway point, which seems to be the pattern for a lot of series. After that, it genuinely just went downhill

I don't get what the discrepancy between the two halves here is. The series didn't become that much more different in it's second half. Sure it didn't follow the manga but even then what it did was probably just an abbreviated version of how the manga will end.

It just felt a helluva lot more ecchi moments from the show. The amount of fanservice was unbelievable. I don't mind it occasionally, but it just felt like the entire show just went to shit. Tatsumi was never a likeable character to begin with, nor was Akame, really. Mine was the one character I had any liking for.

Of course, what boggled my mind the most was
Jun 4, 2015 12:58 PM

Jun 2014
I just started reading I am a Hero manga, would love to see it animated.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 4, 2015 1:02 PM

Feb 2013
Silvyr said:
gedata said:

It just felt a helluva lot more ecchi moments from the show. The amount of fanservice was unbelievable. I don't mind it occasionally, but it just felt like the entire show just went to shit. Tatsumi was never a likeable character to begin with, nor was Akame, really. Mine was the one character I had any liking for.

Of course, what boggled my mind the most was

You have a point with the fanservice I suppose, but with all the other issues the series had I wouldn't even rank that in the top 5. And yes that move at the very end was some rank bullshit.
Jun 4, 2015 1:05 PM

Feb 2015
lots of seinen manga..
for example :
Vagabond or Vinland Saga
or maybe a remake of Berserk (That'd be great !)
and for some novel-based
i want Tate no yuusha or Mushoku Tensei...

Jun 4, 2015 2:13 PM

Mar 2014
Battle Angel Alita (remake)
The Ravages of Time
Akira (remake)
Vinland Saga
Eden: It's an Endless World!
Vagabond
Berserk (remake)
Our Happy Hours
Pluto
Haisha
Gods Tell Lies
Benkei in New York
A Revolutionist in the Afternoon
Memories of Emanon
sullynathanJun 4, 2015 2:16 PM
Jun 4, 2015 2:14 PM

Jan 2013
Vagabond and nuff said.
Jun 4, 2015 2:15 PM

Jul 2012
kawaii-despair said:
citrus,definitely

i'd also like horimiya to have a proper anime adaptation rather than those shitty ovas

I'd rather have some actual decent GL rather than Citrus which is just pandering fetishization.

tragedylover said:
Doflamingo45 said:

shoujo? really -___-

You only have this prejudiced way of thinking because there aren't enough good shoujo adaptations to your liking and/or you just haven't seen enough
Jun 4, 2015 2:15 PM

Jun 2014
It's a shame that THIS never got an Anime.

Jun 4, 2015 2:18 PM

Oct 2014
Kingdom remake without CGI and without skipping the assassination arc.
Jun 4, 2015 2:20 PM

May 2013
KamiNomi Final arc please Manglobe. But now that i think it, it will be a good and bad news to the fans and starts a war again.

But on the other hand:
-Haru x Kiyo (i want another Lovely Complex)
-Namaikizakari
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 4, 2015 2:26 PM

Oct 2010
20th Century Boys
Azumi
Kiba no Tabishounin
Hoshi no Samidare
Jun 4, 2015 2:34 PM

Jan 2008
ichii_1 said:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=625135

Mahou shoujo of the end, it will revolutionize the age of horror with plot.

This was the first manga that came to mind!!!
Jun 4, 2015 3:04 PM

Jun 2014
A lot of hidden Seinen gems... but definitely Orange. Just bc I feel like it's the type of thing better animated? Idk
Jun 4, 2015 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
MyNameIsTaken said:
the only one I probably want to be animated is Horimiya.
Horimiya as an anime would be awesome indeed.
Jun 4, 2015 3:46 PM
Apr 2014
I can't believe no one has mentioned The Ancient Magus Bride. That series deserves a good and faithful adaption. It's basically a mix between Harry Potter and Studio Ghibli. The world and the characters feel so magical.
Jun 4, 2015 3:47 PM
Apr 2014
Vinland Saga would be nice, as well as a proper adaptation of Battle Angel Alita (fuck the OVAS).
Aug 2, 2015 6:40 AM
Jun 2015
Zero escape. Both games.
I also want them to continue that damn problem children anime so it can reach where the light novels get good.
Aug 2, 2015 6:42 AM
Jun 2015
JewellTH said:
Zero escape. Both games.
I also want them to continue that damn problem children anime so it can reach where the light novels get good.

I also wanna see the rpg horror games get adaptations. Games like Ib, Mad father and the mogeko games sound perfect for an anime.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 1 hour ago

2 by BitChilly »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

18 by Subarctic-Forest »»
10 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

69 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
22 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

14 by traed »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.