Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2009 12:15 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wpw This was absolutly my favorite one with everone in the battle and people comming back from the dead! Awesome Dragons!!!
Sep 21, 2009 10:51 AM

Jul 2009
Firstly, Great episode.
Secondly, no one came back from the dead. Talienshin was never confirmed dead.

Also, here too it's a bit different from the game.
Sep 21, 2009 4:20 PM

Apr 2009
Good to know thanks for the info. *^,^*
Sep 22, 2009 1:52 AM

Oct 2007
Too much talking for the first half, other than that not a bad episode.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 22, 2009 10:31 AM

Jun 2009
I would like to see Taliensin in the battle field again!! and yet great episode!
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 22, 2009 11:59 AM

Aug 2008
Thanks for the info Evilin.

Great episode. Only one left though! :(
Sep 22, 2009 12:33 PM

Dec 2007
Oh wow, the dialogue was so corny. And even more LOTR similarities. >_<
Sep 22, 2009 6:15 PM

May 2008
was a fun fantasy romp this ep, with plenty of battles despite how little sense they made. Well, it was a great watch anyway.

hopefully riannon/primula's power of word (aka god mode) won't be too anticlimactic.

I am a banana.
Sep 22, 2009 9:24 PM

Apr 2008
Interesting episode ... looking forward to the last episode ..

The final episode is always something to look forward too =D

Sep 23, 2009 2:53 AM

Apr 2009
Nice.

TtT has a wonderful pace: even though some episodes are a bit slow or fast by themselves, the whole show always feels like proceeding steadily.

BY the way, the tower-monster in the end remembered me of the Tower Colossus from Shadow of the Colossus... Anyone else? :D
Sep 23, 2009 7:18 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Nice animation quality, you have to admit.

And this reminds me too much of Berserk....

Other than that, if this series was like this since the beginning, it would have been awesome....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 23, 2009 12:55 PM
Mar 2008
I feel as if I'm the only one who watches for quality of dialogue in the episode. This is the most corny shounenesque dialogue ever!
"I'm Perfect"
"Oh no he touched me, I'm going insane"
"I wont stop until I die"

Oh and anyone else notice the animation? Facial expressions are about as neutral as the people waiting for a doctor's appointment reading magazines.

Other than that, great episode. Finally some kind of giant thing to beat (Ehem, another generic shounenesque feature)

The days of badass sigs are over; you are only cool if you whore out your anime list summary.
Sep 23, 2009 1:54 PM

Aug 2008
Ugh, I'm disappointed that it's going this route, full of poorly handled cliches. The white spirit summons the skeletons to fight, and after about a minute, are totally disregarded, left to stand around. I agree with hardtoname about the villain (Why don't we have his name?) spewing ridiculous lines. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I disliked Taleisin coming back with dragons, because it undermines his "death," but since I liked him, it's alleviated a bit.

Also, they've sidestepped Riannon's power yet again.
Sep 23, 2009 7:07 PM

May 2008
Wow. That white Spirit guy is INTENSE about being perfect..he went psycho.

Sep 23, 2009 7:22 PM

Aug 2009
KayChan4U said:

o no! i'm not perfect anymore, kill me, revenge!!! ==

and that's how the perfect guy died - i thought he's going to be killed by arawn or arthur
>.<

good episode anyway ^^

Sep 25, 2009 7:16 PM

Jul 2008
looiwanlin said:
KayChan4U said:

o no! i'm not perfect anymore, kill me, revenge!!! ==

and that's how the perfect guy died - i thought he's going to be killed by arawn or arthur
>.<

good episode anyway ^^

I don't think he's dead, I think that the white spirits are indeed gods but the show try to show that even gods can be wrong. Imo his body got destroyed and he just returned to the other world watching how his plan is going.
Sep 26, 2009 5:28 AM

May 2009
noteDhero said:
Ugh, I'm disappointed that it's going this route, full of poorly handled cliches. The white spirit summons the skeletons to fight, and after about a minute, are totally disregarded, left to stand around. I agree with hardtoname about the villain (Why don't we have his name?) spewing ridiculous lines. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I disliked Taleisin coming back with dragons, because it undermines his "death," but since I liked him, it's alleviated a bit.

The villain's name is Lector. Ogam said it.

I'm also disappointed with the ending route. Sure, that huge monster is great but that was about the only part I liked. And as for Taleisin coming back.. Woohoo. O_o Yeah, I like him, but his return just somehow made his earlier sacrifice weak. I mean, Arawn's herd kills and kills but they have NO sacrifices on their side?? It's like a one sided battle for heaven's sake! I seriously prefer a game of chess to this anime now!

HardToName said:
I feel as if I'm the only one who watches for quality of dialogue in the episode. This is the most corny shounenesque dialogue ever!
"I'm Perfect"

Oh and anyone else notice the animation? Facial expressions are about as neutral as the people waiting for a doctor's appointment reading magazines.

Other than that, great episode. Finally some kind of giant thing to beat (Ehem, another generic shounenesque feature)

Oh sweets, you're not the only one. This anime's scriptwriter really needs more experience. Facial expressions.. :)) right on!

But really, I didn't like this episode.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Sep 27, 2009 11:58 AM

May 2009
Great episode. Only one more left now.
Yay, Taliesin is alive! :D
Sep 28, 2009 7:53 PM

Jun 2009
OMG 1 more episode! Taliesin is alive after using Song of Genesis?! WHO IS HE?? Merkadis is HUGE!
Sep 29, 2009 5:32 AM
Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
I disliked Taleisin coming back with dragons, because it undermines his "death," but since I liked him, it's alleviated a bit.

Actually Taliesin survival was foreshadowed since his very first appearance ;)
And it was repeated several times, too!
Remember the prophecy he feared so much?
The one that was supposed to be absolute, foretelling a fate that was impossible to avoid?

That he would became the next leader of the Brigantes
And then will sin against the gods
And so punished by fall into the depts of the abyss
To became, at last, the prey of a terrible beast

Now
We saw him became the leader of the brigantes (literal meaning here)
We saw him "Sinning against gods" (using the song of creation)
We saw him "Fall into the abyss" (him falling in the precipice and apparent death)
But we have yet to see him becoming "The prey of a terrible beast"

Hence the prophecy wasn't complete yet, hence Taliesin should have been alive or the prophecy would never be fulfilled, and we were told that there was no way to avoid it.
The prophecy as a plot element was here not to predict Taliesin death, but to foreshadow his own survival to the avalance.
Dark_KainSep 29, 2009 5:57 AM
Sep 30, 2009 4:10 PM
Dec 2007
Good episode and the next one seems like epicness will end this series.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 3, 2009 2:52 AM

Jan 2009
Now then, I'm awake, time for the last 2 eps : D

"Ordinary gardener", Yeah Right! Let's see who this guy is x)

Hmm.. Well Arthur reverts back to his old impulsive self, that's not very surprising, huh?x)

Say, is it all the Twelce White Spirits or only that crazy guy who's up to destroy the world?
Also damn, he's pretty much saying "Oh really?" on every dodge he does xD
But then he goes out of his mind when Arthur manages to land a single scratch on his cheek xD...
The guy's seriously screwed up O.o

And how cliché ain't it to be fighting a bunch of skeletons?xD

Woo, he awoke Merkadis : D Next episode will be so awesome, if my predictions go through : D

O.o Wat? Taliesin?o.O Why man , Why? Couldn't they let him be dead =.=' He's ugly : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 3, 2009 4:53 PM

Apr 2009
Well, Merkadis certainly is much more bad-ass than he was in the game....

Oct 25, 2009 2:13 AM
Feb 2009
w0oot the barb is alive!~
Dec 2, 2009 12:38 AM

Oct 2008

Just like ancient times..

Jan 31, 2014 3:51 AM

Oct 2013
Dark_Kain said:
Actually Taliesin survival was foreshadowed since his very first appearance ;)
And it was repeated several times, too!
Remember the prophecy he feared so much?
The one that was supposed to be absolute, foretelling a fate that was impossible to avoid?

That he would became the next leader of the Brigantes
And then will sin against the gods
And so punished by fall into the depts of the abyss
To became, at last, the prey of a terrible beast

Now
We saw him became the leader of the brigantes (literal meaning here)
We saw him "Sinning against gods" (using the song of creation)
We saw him "Fall into the abyss" (him falling in the precipice and apparent death)
But we have yet to see him becoming "The prey of a terrible beast"

Hence the prophecy wasn't complete yet, hence Taliesin should have been alive or the prophecy would never be fulfilled, and we were told that there was no way to avoid it.
The prophecy as a plot element was here not to predict Taliesin death, but to foreshadow his own survival to the avalance.

So next episode will be his last appearance is it? That's... nice to know, knowing next ep is last one they will kill him along with Merkadis, huh?

HardToName said:
"I'm Perfect"

And this^
Feb 3, 2014 6:06 PM

Jul 2008
Well that was a waste of a villain, I got cut so I'm no longer perfect, nice.

I will admit though, that's one big monster, though I think it should be called Godzilla instead.
Sep 1, 2014 1:05 PM

Apr 2011
trolliesin survived wtf
Oct 1, 2014 12:04 AM

Jan 2011
Yeah, it's a bit of an asspull as the way to save the heroes, and it plays that way in the game too although the fight in the tower is quite different. They amped up the Arthur role here as well, in the game he isn't that much more important than the other party members, in fact the strongest warrior is probably Rathty who is a major tank and deals double the damage with her final weapon that Arthur deals with his. In the end it requires all 8 party members to defeat the final two opponents.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 18, 2017 3:11 PM

Oct 2012
The fuck? Was there any reason why Merkadis turned to stone in the end? The game actually ends with them leaving on dragon with Taliesin, so I'm really baffled what they want to do in the last episode.
May 7, 2021 7:45 AM

Sep 2012
noteDhero said:

sometimes sacrifice cause a miracle (where its win win not win los situation), but in hes case it was dumb luck :D

May 7, 2023 1:02 PM
Dec 2021
absolute garbage trash anime (for me), should have not wasted my time on such filth (my opinion).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

japanme32 - Apr 13, 2009

81 by wildhood »»
Mar 2, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 5 Discussion

MrTerrorist - May 3, 2009

41 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Evilincarnate - Sep 27, 2009

67 by Inexplicable »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - Jul 14, 2009

55 by Sugram22 »»
May 7, 2021 6:02 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 14 Discussion

lovelylemonade - Jul 5, 2009

28 by BiggKab »»
Dec 18, 2020 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.