Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 16, 2014 4:34 AM

Nov 2013
Akira's wish had probably something to do about her looks, that would explain why she isn't pretty anymore. What is weird is that she seems to still have her memories.
May 16, 2014 4:50 AM
May 2014
I wonder why Iona's lrig kept asking Tama if she wanted to keep battling for eternity..

If Ru and Iona is anything to go by, the "infected" part of the title might just make some sense somehow.
Everyone keeps battling even when they know they really shouldn't, and even when knowing the consequences of losing.

Ru and (apparently) Iona don't even have a special wish of any kind, they just want to keep battling, so that apparently became their wish.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 16, 2014 6:15 AM

Jun 2012
I wish I could join in on that battle.

And what happened to akira's face? Also why does she remember ruko and yuzuki?
May 16, 2014 6:38 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
WHOAH
SO HYPED FOR NEXT EPISODE

This is such a good series! The battle was great, paired up with great music.
Akira... kowai.
Iona, I want to like her, but I feel like she has a dark agenda at play...
Please be the mentoring type and not the evil type ;-;
May 16, 2014 6:45 AM

Feb 2007
tingy said:
Still can't get over the annoying voices, so many. I found it interesting that Iona just let's her LRIG talk the whole time, though it's very like her since she seems to be the quite type. I wonder what she means by, "found you." Was she waiting for someone who enjoyed battling as much as she does, or someone who is as good as she is, someone who is exciting to battle against? I wonder what Ruuko's wish that she herself don't know is, and I wonder how the heck Iona and her LRIG knows.

I wouldn't count on Iona and her LRIG knowing Ruuko's wish, even if they think they do. Although considering her thoughts before this battle, ending Selector battles once and for all seems to be a possible wish for her. Of course, finding a way to do this without beating every other Selector is another matter entirely...

As for Iona's "found you", the first thought that went through my head was that she wanted someone to give her her third loss. We'll see, I guess...
May 16, 2014 6:49 AM
Apr 2012
Good episode. The battle with Iona was great, Ruko really getting into it now. Yuzuki winning more is nice, hope she can get her wish but I have a really bad feeling about that since this show ain't kind. That face of Akira at the end.
May 16, 2014 7:20 AM
May 2014
luinthoron said:
I wouldn't count on Iona and her LRIG knowing Ruuko's wish, even if they think they do. Although considering her thoughts before this battle, ending Selector battles once and for all seems to be a possible wish for her. Of course, finding a way to do this without beating every other Selector is another matter entirely...

As for Iona's "found you", the first thought that went through my head was that she wanted someone to give her her third loss. We'll see, I guess...

Iona was very much spot on when she said Ru didn't have a wish, and now she (and the lrig) claims
that Iona and Ru has the same wish, to keep battling (forever?). Seeing Ru's reaction it seemed like
she recognized the things Iona told her when she talked about herself.

Her inner speech says she has to stop the battles, but she barely can contain herself when she has
the chance for a battle. It probably wouldn't be far off to think that her inner speech is due to society
rules or similar, and what she actually wants is something else.

It hasn't been said, but it seems to be sort of implied that Iona is very strong and probably don't have
any losses. Ru has no losses at all, and she seemed to be close to winning both of the matches that
were interrupted (Yuzuki, Iona).

It has also been said that a wish can't change the state of another's wish, whether that wish was
fulfilled or reversed. I'm not sure if it's true, but there you go.
konatachan80May 16, 2014 7:28 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 16, 2014 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
Someone please go count how many BATORU were spoken.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 16, 2014 8:32 AM

Dec 2013
So Akira still remembering everything? Interesting ... I can understand the thinking of Ruuku not want to make anyone lose three times, but this indecision of her made ​​me nervous, if she does not want to battle so burn the cards, throw away etc.. Just don't keep playing the victim.

Sometimes i think Tama and Ruuko are two psychos :p
May 16, 2014 9:39 AM

Jan 2008
I'm guessing Akira didn't lose. She intentionally interrupted the match, and her new found face is the severe penalty mentioned in episode 2.
May 16, 2014 9:42 AM

Mar 2014
The conversation between Ruuko and Iona was very lewd. lol
And I got happy that Akira didn't disappear. Her vulgar, disgusting behavior refreshes the gloomy atmosphere of this show.
May 16, 2014 9:46 AM
May 2014
DmonHiro said:
I'm guessing Akira didn't lose. She intentionally interrupted the match, and her new found face is the severe penalty mentioned in episode 2.

I don't see how because the lrig said that both Ru and Iona crushed her.

If it really is punishment for interrupting her own battle then she has some additional "fun" to look forward to.
-- Lord fifth
May 16, 2014 9:58 AM
Jul 2013
I'm starting to think that the lrigs are a reflection of the Selector's inner personality. It makes quite a bit of sense. Ruuko and Tama seem to be the most obvious.
Akira may make a better example. She's a total bitch, but the out going personality is probably a façade she puts on in front of others. It may be that her real personality is like that of Iona's outer one, like her lrig.
May 16, 2014 10:17 AM
Nov 2013
She's aki-lucky. Luck is on her side. I love that bitch. She's best grill.

Who cares about Hitoe? No one but her oh so innocent mother.

Kazuki can just confess to her dear brother before she loses her third match if it happens. At least that way, Yuzuki knows her sister loves him.

Ru can go battle and enjoy it as much as she can. It is not her fault her "friends" are losing their way in fulfilling their own selfish wishes.

All of the character excepts Ru are selfish.
May 16, 2014 10:43 AM

Apr 2013
Aaaah! An episode I ACTUALLY enjoyed. It was slightly better.
"Ruko is madly in love with battles"... And soon with Iona eheh. /FLIES AWAY
May 16, 2014 10:59 AM

Feb 2007
konatachan80 said:
Iona was very much spot on when she said Ru didn't have a wish, and now she (and the lrig) claims
that Iona and Ru has the same wish, to keep battling (forever?). Seeing Ru's reaction it seemed like
she recognized the things Iona told her when she talked about herself.

Her inner speech says she has to stop the battles, but she barely can contain herself when she has
the chance for a battle. It probably wouldn't be far off to think that her inner speech is due to society
rules or similar, and what she actually wants is something else.

It hasn't been said, but it seems to be sort of implied that Iona is very strong and probably don't have
any losses. Ru has no losses at all, and she seemed to be close to winning both of the matches that
were interrupted (Yuzuki, Iona).

It has also been said that a wish can't change the state of another's wish, whether that wish was
fulfilled or reversed. I'm not sure if it's true, but there you go.

You make very good points and it's impossible to really argue either way without knowing more. What we do know is that Ruuko did definitely not have a wish yet during her battle with Akira. Whether and how exactly her innermost thoughts have changed after that is something she doesn't even realize herself, seeing how she still claims that she does not have a wish. Yes, she enjoys the battles immensely once she's able to let go, but so do other Selectors without making this their wish.

I can see Ruuko coming to terms with her desire to battle, though, this seems to be at least part of the story for the first season, along with her finding her wish. With the general darkness of this story, there seems to be something more behind all these games, and I get the feeling that finding out more about that is the other goal of this first part, with whatever Ruuko's actual wish will be becoming the key to solving this larger problem.
May 16, 2014 11:31 AM

Mar 2014
YTk said:
I'm starting to think that the lrigs are a reflection of the Selector's inner personality. It makes quite a bit of sense.

I agree. In the OP, every pairs of the selectors and the lrigs are shown as the existence of the two sides of the same coin. They are separated into the reality and the inside of mirrors. But I wonder why only Yuzuki is shown in the mirror and not in the reality, when faces of Yuzuki and Hanayo are taken a close-up.
May 16, 2014 11:44 AM
May 2014
luinthoron said:
You make very good points and it's impossible to really argue either way without knowing more. What we do know is that Ruuko did definitely not have a wish yet during her battle with Akira. Whether and how exactly her innermost thoughts have changed after that is something she doesn't even realize herself, seeing how she still claims that she does not have a wish. Yes, she enjoys the battles immensely once she's able to let go, but so do other Selectors without making this their wish.

Yes, she didn't have a wish back then, but it was probably the same battle that triggered it.
I think it was the first battle where she really let go, and basically roflstomped Akira.

I guess the reason might be that Ru didn't have a wish to begin with, something everyone else had.
You apparently can't manipulate wishes as you want, and it doesn't literally ask you, it seems to just
take whatever wish you have that is the strongest at some point. They haven't said anything about
being able to change your wish (if you already have one), so that might also be impossible.
konatachan80May 16, 2014 12:08 PM
-- Lord fifth
May 16, 2014 1:11 PM

Sep 2013
BEST EPISODE SO FAR
May 16, 2014 1:53 PM

Jun 2013
Meh, I don't like Akira very much :/
May 16, 2014 2:03 PM

Jul 2012
5chan said:

Well, Ru-ru has been fighting just because she gets excitement out of it while destroying other peoples' wishes. That's a bit selfish.
May 16, 2014 2:31 PM

Mar 2014
Joshua1207 said:
5chan said:

Well, Ru-ru has been fighting just because she gets excitement out of it while destroying other peoples' wishes. That's a bit selfish.

I completely have the same thought as yours, Joshua1207.
But ... When I saw your avatar, I couldn't help saying, "Look who's talking?" lol
May 16, 2014 4:13 PM

Jul 2012
"I found you."

Find what?! The Ultimate player in SELECTOR?! Or what!? D:
Dang it! I want to know so bad!!

Well, another epic battle between Ruuko and Iona. Awesome! Tama kicked but! xD Urisu looked like she wasn't trying though....
Hmm.....

That ending though, Akira's face! D:
Can't wait for the next episode. :3
May 16, 2014 8:14 PM

Jul 2012
dmrch said:
Joshua1207 said:
5chan said:

I completely have the same thought as yours, Joshua1207.
But ... When I saw your avatar, I couldn't help saying, "Look who's talking?" lol

Hey, I'm just feeling Aki-lucky!
May 16, 2014 8:27 PM

Feb 2013
I didin't like how episode 6 skimped on the actual BATTORU between Aki-lucky and Ruko, but that may have been for the better since this week's showdown was just mindless beam-spam. Kinda wish the show would try at least half as much on the card game aspect as they do on the psychological drama.
May 17, 2014 12:24 AM

Dec 2010
Good episode! The battle between Tama and Uris was really intense. Its about time people realize why the show doesn't explain the card game. It's not about a card game, sure the game drives the plot forward, but its mostly how people deal with the effects of the game. Which I think this show does a good job of portraying.

So Ruko has become addicted to battles, even though she knows she's causing people pain...

Also, at the end...that was the creepiest Aki-lucky yet...

But shouldn't she have lost her memories of the game?
May 17, 2014 10:23 AM

Apr 2008
Kayro said:
If you change the word battle to fuck, you get some pretty hilarious dialog.
Had enough pointer of these from the audience in Nosub.
They kept repeating dialogues and changed Wixoss into sex

With such thing pointed out, the scenario writer is really good at giving R18 doujinshi material :D
May 17, 2014 12:04 PM

Apr 2013
The atmosphere in this show is turning darker and darker with each episode. I want to see some blood or death ^_^
May 17, 2014 12:08 PM

Mar 2014
nseika said:
Kayro said:

With such thing pointed out, the scenario writer is really good at giving R18 doujinshi material :D

Even if you don't change the word battle to fuck, it is enough.
If without the animation, only the sentences of JP language could show:

Iona: I want to have sex with you.
Ruu: N-No...
Iona: I know you want, too.
Ruu: B-But...

After the sex the battle

Iona: Felt so good, did you?
Ruu: ...
dmrchMay 17, 2014 12:35 PM
May 17, 2014 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
And so begins Yuzuki's transformation from comparatively level-headed character to person who beats up random selectors on the street... This is gonna get good.
I expect there'll be some sort of self-destruction moment for Yuzuki at some point - ignoring her brother's phone calls, becoming much more of an jerk about their forbidden one-sided love... If this really is going to be a two parter, then maybe Yuzuki's breakdown will be the cliffhanger?
May 18, 2014 1:56 AM

Dec 2010
Man, those Ruuko x Iona Doujinshi NEED to happen.
May 18, 2014 2:09 AM

Jul 2012
Wildflame said:

More like some Aki x Aki. It'd be titled "Aki getting Aki-lucky!" or something of the sort.
May 18, 2014 2:49 AM

Apr 2009
Joshua1207 said:
Wildflame said:

More like some Aki x Aki. It'd be titled "Aki getting Aki-lucky!" or something of the sort.

11/10 would read.
May 18, 2014 3:46 AM

Aug 2013
nseika said:
Kayro said:

Nooo! What have you two done?!! Now every time I hear them say battle, I'll be thinking of something else. Especially when Tama starts yelling battle! Battle! Omg lmao!

Ru: Why am I enjoying battles sex so much? Even when I know horrible things will happen if I continue to battlehave sex...and still...
Tama: Don't cry Ru. Tama likes to see Ru having fun having battle sex. So don't cry, we can have plenty of battlesex.

I hate you.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 18, 2014 4:20 AM

Mar 2014
xchee said:
Nooo! What have you two done?!! Now every time I hear them say battle, I'll be thinking of something else. Especially when Tama starts yelling battle! Battle! Omg lmao!

Ru: Why am I enjoying battles sex so much? Even when I know horrible things will happen if I continue to battlehave sex...and still...
Tama: Don't cry Ru. Tama likes to see Ru having fun having battle sex. So don't cry, we can have plenty of battlesex.

I hate you.

To tell the truth, the characters is using the words that hide sexual meanings in JP language from Ep 1. This is completely the intention of the script.

And ... the title of the next episode, "Sono Chigiri wa Soragoto" is probably translated to "That promise is fake" or the like. But "Chigiri" (promise) also means sex itself. The title implies that the promise of marriage between Yuzuki and Kazuki would never turn into reality. And it also implies obviously that Yuzuki want to have sex with Kazuki but it would never carried out. WIXOSS is going on like that.
May 18, 2014 11:28 AM

Feb 2014
If the card game is just one huge sex metaphor then that really changes that whole battle between Ruuko and Iona.
May 18, 2014 1:58 PM

Oct 2009
Now that was great! The battle was pretty fun and exciting. Wonder what Iona means by that she found "it"?

Oh boi that "Aki-Lucky~" ending :S

At first I thought Ruuko's wish would be to stop all WIXOSS battles but since Iona said her wish was the same as her's I am guessing that her wish is to keep battling??

Wildflame said:

OH YES PLEASE!
May 18, 2014 3:37 PM

Sep 2013
Amazing episode. This anime caught me by surprise. Absolutely great so far.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
May 19, 2014 5:05 AM
Oct 2013
The heck is wrong with the sudden discussion on sex metaphor? 2deep4me
May 19, 2014 9:13 AM

Mar 2009
did ruuko win? or it got interrupted?
May 19, 2014 10:22 AM
May 2014
LiLSatan said:

Interrupted, and it was most likely what Iona intended.
She knew she had a job to do, and she knew someone would come and get her when it was time.
-- Lord fifth
May 19, 2014 9:46 PM

Oct 2010
Akira best girl. Yuzuki might be too if she throws away her doubts and moves foward.

Then it just leaves Ruuko. How long do I have to wait before Ruuko gets wrecked for her sickening compassionate attitude?
May 20, 2014 12:39 AM

Feb 2007
konatachan80 said:
LiLSatan said:

Interrupted, and it was most likely what Iona intended.
She knew she had a job to do, and she knew someone would come and get her when it was time.

It's hard to predict the length of a battle, though, so I'm not sure she intended this. Especially since we know (or at least have been told) that intentionally interrupting a battle will be punished, although I wouldn't put it past Iona to figure out a way to do this anyway. She and her LRIG were clearly manipulating Ruuko and Tama first into accepting the battle and then into wanting to battle more. On the other hand, this is also why I really can't be sure Iona actually knows Ruuko's wish - it may be true, but it all may also just be part of her manipulation.
May 20, 2014 4:56 AM
May 2014
luinthoron said:
It's hard to predict the length of a battle, though, so I'm not sure she intended this. Especially since we know (or at least have been told) that intentionally interrupting a battle will be punished, although I wouldn't put it past Iona to figure out a way to do this anyway. She and her LRIG were clearly manipulating Ruuko and Tama first into accepting the battle and then into wanting to battle more. On the other hand, this is also why I really can't be sure Iona actually knows Ruuko's wish - it may be true, but it all may also just be part of her manipulation.

True, it would be hard if she didn't have experience with battles.
She also knew that someone would come to get her within a certain timeframe because of her job.
She could also assume that the battle with Ru probably would be harder or equal to her previous
battles, so she only needed to consider how long the battles usually takes.

If a participant in the battle intentionally disrupts it she'll get punished, but nobody gets punished
if some outsider interrupts your battle by simply following their own schedule (teacher/staff).

They did manipulate her a bit, but most of it looked like it was to get Ru to see what she tries to
deny, her own battlelust. It was Iona's lrig that questioned Tama if she wanted to battle forever.
konatachan80May 20, 2014 5:06 AM
-- Lord fifth
May 20, 2014 7:18 AM

Feb 2007
I guess I just don't trust Iona that much, she certainly is hiding things as well.
May 20, 2014 9:04 AM
May 2014
luinthoron said:
I guess I just don't trust Iona that much, she certainly is hiding things as well.

Neither do I, and I wouldn't be surprised if Iona is the final opponent for this season.
-- Lord fifth
May 21, 2014 10:38 AM

Dec 2013
Epic battle between Iona and Ruko.
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
May 21, 2014 4:09 PM

Aug 2013
That ending confused the fuck out of me. As Akira really lost against Iona. If yes, why hasn't she forgotten about the selector situation like Yuzuki card said?

Tama want more batoru! Tama love crushing little girl dream, as do Ruuko.

I thought Iona would be a weird wannabe-vigilante, but she's more of a psycopath than an anti-hero...

Anyway, I have the feeling that next episode is Yuzuki fall.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 21, 2014 9:35 PM

Aug 2009
Psychological aspect is not bad but game aspect is very very weak, most of the time just keep on shooting fireball, nth much explained -.-
May 21, 2014 11:13 PM
May 2014
Zheng1991 said:
Psychological aspect is not bad but game aspect is very very weak, most of the time just keep on shooting fireball, nth much explained -.-

It was never intended to be an anime adapation of the game, but an original story "high targets" would enjoy.
Considering this, why should they explain the gamerules of the actual cardgame when it isn't really needed for the story?

I prefer this rather than pure advertising/tuturial of a cardgame.
That kind is in my opinion boring to watch when I don't care for buying/playing the cardgame.
-- Lord fifth
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.