Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 15, 2014 3:45 PM

Nov 2012
The ending with Akira was creepy (way better than her previous annoying persona though).

So Yuzuki is going to lose next episode?
May 15, 2014 4:19 PM

Jul 2012
So Aki-lucky somehow remembers Wixoss despite losing three times? Interesting. This show is very good at leaving us with a cliffhanger. Really looking forward to how she remembers Wixoss and what happened to her face. Glad shes still in the show though, I love her.

The match between Iona and Ru-ru was good. They both share a passion for fighting but Iona embraces it while Ru-ru feels guilty for it. Yuzuki feels guilty for fighting as well but is continuing with it regardless.

Good episode and as always, excited for next week already.
May 15, 2014 4:24 PM

Aug 2012
Creepiest Aki-lucky yet. I'd assume her face is scarred so that she can't use her modeling career to cause any disturbances to Iona's life. I'd have expected something more serious though, considering Hitoe's hard fall, but I guess it matches her superficial personality and wish. Biggest question is why she still has her selector memories.
May 15, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2012
Ruuko VS Iona was cool! Enjoyed the battle, maybe because of that background music :)

And what's up with Akira? She lost three times already, but she still remembers everything.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 15, 2014 4:49 PM
May 2014
LunamariaHawke said:
Ruuko VS Iona was cool! Enjoyed the battle, maybe because of that background music :)

And what's up with Akira? She lost three times already, but she still remembers everything.

I guess the reason for that is related to whatever her wish became when it was reversed.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 15, 2014 4:53 PM
Jan 2012
The show has gotten darker and more enjoyable with each episode lately. I guess they don't intend to get into the nitty-gritty details of the card battling, although I may like that. It made the battle this episode flow fast.
May 15, 2014 5:23 PM

Jun 2011
As more and more episodes come out, I keep thinking that Ruko will probably put out a Madoka or maybe even a Day Break Illusion.
May 15, 2014 5:49 PM

Sep 2013
I'm guessing Ruko vs Iona ended in a draw.

I wonder why Aki still has her Selector memories?
May 15, 2014 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
The battle between Ruko and Iona was pretty good.

Ruko really loves to battle.
May 15, 2014 6:46 PM

May 2012
Pretty good episode.

The battle between Ruuko and Iona was was very enjoyable. The soundtrack was amazing during the battle also. Kinda wonder what Ruuko wish really is. Is it to battle forever? I guess we will find out when we find out Iona's wish is. WTF is up with Akira. I thought she was suppose to forget being a Selector. And what's up with that scar? Really excited for next episode.
May 15, 2014 6:47 PM

Dec 2012
Ruuko's 'annoyingness ' was ok at first, but now its just plain annoying...

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
May 15, 2014 7:01 PM

Aug 2013
This was probably the best episode so far for me. I like how dark this is, and I was actually genuinely interested for the first time. This anime is similar to Black Rock Shooter in every way I can think of... but it isn't as dreadful since the characters actually have a reason to be overdramatic.
May 15, 2014 7:22 PM

Nov 2013
A better episode only because of the battle. Still don't know whats so dark about this.

We finally get more focus with them, but the first moments with the soundtrack playing was kinda annoying. Enjoyed the battle overall since they finally give it more screen time.

Still not caring for any character. Except Akira, but only a little becus of her first "Aki-lucky" that didn't sound annoying, kind of cool, and that red scar thing.
May 15, 2014 7:38 PM

Jul 2013
This is actually a pretty good episode, the card battle scene was somewhat amusing. TBH I thought Akira took down Hitoe last wish, until it was revealed by Iona.

I think I can describe Iona, Uris, Ruko, and Tama, as bloodthirsty girls who like to battle a lot during a match. Though still Ruko is indecisive if she wants to keep going or not.

Iona: I found you...
Ruko: *gasp*
Me: Yuri alert! Yuri alert!

Oh damn Akira has a new look, this is not looking good.

May 15, 2014 8:15 PM

Mar 2014
SrachcII said:
Ruuko is the least heroic main in a situation that would makes sense for her to be heroic. She doesn't want to wish to help her friends(or all affected by losing three times) because her guilty pleasure of battle is too strong. Though she didn't make a wish, while battling Iona she pretty much told her what Ruuko herself was thinking.

As a side note when Akira came out from the shadows I was doing a Jim Ross impression "Baw Gawd, thats gotta be a demon from hell."

Alright episode as a whole.

why don't you just pay attention to the plot and realize they already stated that a corrupted wish in this battle cannot be changed by a wish? Ruuko doesn't want to battle because she DOESN'T want to make any1's wishes turn on them. she is fighting her urges
AzuStarMay 15, 2014 8:46 PM
May 15, 2014 8:22 PM

May 2013
With a mask on or not, Akira's face was creepy and a little uncomfortable. Tama can keep on battling forever. Iona said that Ruko is the one she's looking for. I wonder what she meant.
May 15, 2014 8:34 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, creepy ending. Too bad the battle was cut short.
May 15, 2014 8:35 PM
Apr 2014
Akira wished for Iona's downfall, so when she lost she caused her own downfall. With that red mark on her face she can no longer be a model.
May 15, 2014 9:38 PM

Dec 2012
I'm not sure of how they worded it when they explained that Hitoe had lost her memories, but it could be that she only lost them so that she couldn't remember her friends. Akira's reverse wish (assuming it brings her life/career to ruin) wouldn't require her to lose any memories. That is, IF Akira really remembers about the Selectors' battles (we could be misinterpreting).

a_cloud said:
[...]
the plot with win=wish comes true and losex3=the reverse wish is intriguing,not so much because those girls have any actual worthy wishes( like world domination,immortality,time control or generally stuff that are by no means achievable) rather than the fact that the anti-wish can shatter their lives. Enjoying the fights and having fun while not giving a crap about any kind of concequences is the most honest reason to fight so far.
[...]

That's easier when you can choose and say your wish, like in PMMM, or when using a jeannie's lamp. From what the show tells us, though, they get what they wish deep down. There's no "choice", so to speak.

Yuzuki loves her brother, so her wish is that they can love each other.
Akira hates Iona's success, and from what we see, she dedicated everything to bring her career down.
Ruuko loves WIXOSS battles, despite not wanting to. So that's her wish, whether she likes it or not.

Not many real people have a true wish as grandiose as ruling the universe, immortality, or world peace. Real people usually have mundane wishes like being together with somebody, having a successful life, or seeing a dead relative again, and this show wants its characters to feel real (as the director Takuya Sato explained in the translated interview konatachan80 linked last page: http://heart.okwave.com/campaign/selector-wixoss).

At least that's how I understand it.
May 15, 2014 9:41 PM

May 2013
Ruko pissed me this time. Sorry folks, its like she knew now the consequences of losing 3 times, got a friend that forgot her and Yuzuki, makes Akira suffered in her third loss (that girl deserve it) yet she enjoyed battling Iona and Urisu. Tch.

Anyways, freaking good episode with Tama and again, it goes more darker.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 15, 2014 11:25 PM

Nov 2012
lol ruuko is a battoru addict

how does akira remember the selectors though?
and i kind of thought her tainted wish would be more than just a scar in her face.
May 15, 2014 11:52 PM
Jul 2013
silverwalls said:
lol ruuko is a battoru addict

how does akira remember the selectors though?
and i kind of thought her tainted wish would be more than just a scar in her face.

Akria's tainted wish is probably that:

1) she can never win against Iona

2) she can never forget her losses against Iona ( which means, she can remember the selector battles)

3) the scar is a mark to intensify 2)
limeliarMay 16, 2014 1:24 AM
May 15, 2014 11:55 PM

Mar 2014
Holy crap Akira! What happened to her? Ruko looked cute this episode maybe it was just her outfit. Another cliffhanger. Next episode looks interesting though.
Zanos1May 16, 2014 12:07 AM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 16, 2014 12:06 AM

Feb 2008
If you change the word battle to fuck, you get some pretty hilarious dialog.
May 16, 2014 12:35 AM

Nov 2012
limeliar said:

Akria's tainted wish is probably that:

1) she can never win against Iona

2) she can never forget her losses ( which means, she can remember the selector battles)

3) the scar is a mark to intensify 2)

but 2) doesn't really have to do with akira's wish, does it?
ahh well i guess they will explain it in the next episode
May 16, 2014 3:14 AM

Jan 2008
Kayro said:
If you change the word battle to fuck, you get some pretty hilarious dialog.

:D

Solid Ruko this episode, but she didn't put enough point in Box ability, thus she sucks at infiltrating.
Uris is even more annoying than Aki-lucky, they could at least give her a deeper voice. Or just let Iona talk more. After watching opening for the seventh time, I kinda think that LRIG can become real (as in "living in their masters' world") and that's why they don't say the truth. Wonder if I'm right.
Yeah, next week Yuzuki's conclusion. Probably loses to Iona, as she and Uris seem to enjoy "leveling the field". Yuzuki, believe in the Heart Of The Cards.
CiaraMay 16, 2014 3:20 AM
May 16, 2014 3:16 AM

Sep 2012
oOoOo!

next episode is juicy! I can't wait.

this episode! wow
May 16, 2014 3:21 AM

Apr 2013
Creepy Akira is best Akira. I like her. Ruuko is still annoying as usual.

I'm glad they went with the focus on the story instead of the card game itself and basically fast forward through the battles. It is fun to see Tama battle though.

I am also curious on how Akira still retained her memory. I'm glad she did so she can continue on being a character.
May 16, 2014 3:28 AM

Jan 2011
Aki-lucky became Aki-creepy. This show might not be particularly good but sure knows how to keep you interested.
May 16, 2014 3:38 AM
Oct 2013
I don't want a happy ending for this show.
May 16, 2014 4:34 AM

Nov 2013
Akira's wish had probably something to do about her looks, that would explain why she isn't pretty anymore. What is weird is that she seems to still have her memories.
May 16, 2014 4:50 AM
May 2014
I wonder why Iona's lrig kept asking Tama if she wanted to keep battling for eternity..

If Ru and Iona is anything to go by, the "infected" part of the title might just make some sense somehow.
Everyone keeps battling even when they know they really shouldn't, and even when knowing the consequences of losing.

Ru and (apparently) Iona don't even have a special wish of any kind, they just want to keep battling, so that apparently became their wish.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 16, 2014 6:15 AM

Jun 2012
I wish I could join in on that battle.

And what happened to akira's face? Also why does she remember ruko and yuzuki?
May 16, 2014 6:38 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
WHOAH
SO HYPED FOR NEXT EPISODE

This is such a good series! The battle was great, paired up with great music.
Akira... kowai.
Iona, I want to like her, but I feel like she has a dark agenda at play...
Please be the mentoring type and not the evil type ;-;
May 16, 2014 6:45 AM

Feb 2007
tingy said:
Still can't get over the annoying voices, so many. I found it interesting that Iona just let's her LRIG talk the whole time, though it's very like her since she seems to be the quite type. I wonder what she means by, "found you." Was she waiting for someone who enjoyed battling as much as she does, or someone who is as good as she is, someone who is exciting to battle against? I wonder what Ruuko's wish that she herself don't know is, and I wonder how the heck Iona and her LRIG knows.

I wouldn't count on Iona and her LRIG knowing Ruuko's wish, even if they think they do. Although considering her thoughts before this battle, ending Selector battles once and for all seems to be a possible wish for her. Of course, finding a way to do this without beating every other Selector is another matter entirely...

As for Iona's "found you", the first thought that went through my head was that she wanted someone to give her her third loss. We'll see, I guess...
May 16, 2014 6:49 AM
Apr 2012
Good episode. The battle with Iona was great, Ruko really getting into it now. Yuzuki winning more is nice, hope she can get her wish but I have a really bad feeling about that since this show ain't kind. That face of Akira at the end.
May 16, 2014 7:20 AM
May 2014
luinthoron said:
I wouldn't count on Iona and her LRIG knowing Ruuko's wish, even if they think they do. Although considering her thoughts before this battle, ending Selector battles once and for all seems to be a possible wish for her. Of course, finding a way to do this without beating every other Selector is another matter entirely...

As for Iona's "found you", the first thought that went through my head was that she wanted someone to give her her third loss. We'll see, I guess...

Iona was very much spot on when she said Ru didn't have a wish, and now she (and the lrig) claims
that Iona and Ru has the same wish, to keep battling (forever?). Seeing Ru's reaction it seemed like
she recognized the things Iona told her when she talked about herself.

Her inner speech says she has to stop the battles, but she barely can contain herself when she has
the chance for a battle. It probably wouldn't be far off to think that her inner speech is due to society
rules or similar, and what she actually wants is something else.

It hasn't been said, but it seems to be sort of implied that Iona is very strong and probably don't have
any losses. Ru has no losses at all, and she seemed to be close to winning both of the matches that
were interrupted (Yuzuki, Iona).

It has also been said that a wish can't change the state of another's wish, whether that wish was
fulfilled or reversed. I'm not sure if it's true, but there you go.
konatachan80May 16, 2014 7:28 AM
-- Lord fifth
May 16, 2014 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
Someone please go count how many BATORU were spoken.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 16, 2014 8:32 AM

Dec 2013
So Akira still remembering everything? Interesting ... I can understand the thinking of Ruuku not want to make anyone lose three times, but this indecision of her made ​​me nervous, if she does not want to battle so burn the cards, throw away etc.. Just don't keep playing the victim.

Sometimes i think Tama and Ruuko are two psychos :p
May 16, 2014 9:39 AM

Jan 2008
I'm guessing Akira didn't lose. She intentionally interrupted the match, and her new found face is the severe penalty mentioned in episode 2.
May 16, 2014 9:42 AM

Mar 2014
The conversation between Ruuko and Iona was very lewd. lol
And I got happy that Akira didn't disappear. Her vulgar, disgusting behavior refreshes the gloomy atmosphere of this show.
May 16, 2014 9:46 AM
May 2014
DmonHiro said:
I'm guessing Akira didn't lose. She intentionally interrupted the match, and her new found face is the severe penalty mentioned in episode 2.

I don't see how because the lrig said that both Ru and Iona crushed her.

If it really is punishment for interrupting her own battle then she has some additional "fun" to look forward to.
-- Lord fifth
May 16, 2014 9:58 AM
Jul 2013
I'm starting to think that the lrigs are a reflection of the Selector's inner personality. It makes quite a bit of sense. Ruuko and Tama seem to be the most obvious.
Akira may make a better example. She's a total bitch, but the out going personality is probably a façade she puts on in front of others. It may be that her real personality is like that of Iona's outer one, like her lrig.
May 16, 2014 10:17 AM
Nov 2013
She's aki-lucky. Luck is on her side. I love that bitch. She's best grill.

Who cares about Hitoe? No one but her oh so innocent mother.

Kazuki can just confess to her dear brother before she loses her third match if it happens. At least that way, Yuzuki knows her sister loves him.

Ru can go battle and enjoy it as much as she can. It is not her fault her "friends" are losing their way in fulfilling their own selfish wishes.

All of the character excepts Ru are selfish.
May 16, 2014 10:43 AM

Apr 2013
Aaaah! An episode I ACTUALLY enjoyed. It was slightly better.
"Ruko is madly in love with battles"... And soon with Iona eheh. /FLIES AWAY
May 16, 2014 10:59 AM

Feb 2007
konatachan80 said:
Iona was very much spot on when she said Ru didn't have a wish, and now she (and the lrig) claims
that Iona and Ru has the same wish, to keep battling (forever?). Seeing Ru's reaction it seemed like
she recognized the things Iona told her when she talked about herself.

Her inner speech says she has to stop the battles, but she barely can contain herself when she has
the chance for a battle. It probably wouldn't be far off to think that her inner speech is due to society
rules or similar, and what she actually wants is something else.

It hasn't been said, but it seems to be sort of implied that Iona is very strong and probably don't have
any losses. Ru has no losses at all, and she seemed to be close to winning both of the matches that
were interrupted (Yuzuki, Iona).

It has also been said that a wish can't change the state of another's wish, whether that wish was
fulfilled or reversed. I'm not sure if it's true, but there you go.

You make very good points and it's impossible to really argue either way without knowing more. What we do know is that Ruuko did definitely not have a wish yet during her battle with Akira. Whether and how exactly her innermost thoughts have changed after that is something she doesn't even realize herself, seeing how she still claims that she does not have a wish. Yes, she enjoys the battles immensely once she's able to let go, but so do other Selectors without making this their wish.

I can see Ruuko coming to terms with her desire to battle, though, this seems to be at least part of the story for the first season, along with her finding her wish. With the general darkness of this story, there seems to be something more behind all these games, and I get the feeling that finding out more about that is the other goal of this first part, with whatever Ruuko's actual wish will be becoming the key to solving this larger problem.
May 16, 2014 11:31 AM

Mar 2014
YTk said:
I'm starting to think that the lrigs are a reflection of the Selector's inner personality. It makes quite a bit of sense.

I agree. In the OP, every pairs of the selectors and the lrigs are shown as the existence of the two sides of the same coin. They are separated into the reality and the inside of mirrors. But I wonder why only Yuzuki is shown in the mirror and not in the reality, when faces of Yuzuki and Hanayo are taken a close-up.
May 16, 2014 11:44 AM
May 2014
luinthoron said:
You make very good points and it's impossible to really argue either way without knowing more. What we do know is that Ruuko did definitely not have a wish yet during her battle with Akira. Whether and how exactly her innermost thoughts have changed after that is something she doesn't even realize herself, seeing how she still claims that she does not have a wish. Yes, she enjoys the battles immensely once she's able to let go, but so do other Selectors without making this their wish.

Yes, she didn't have a wish back then, but it was probably the same battle that triggered it.
I think it was the first battle where she really let go, and basically roflstomped Akira.

I guess the reason might be that Ru didn't have a wish to begin with, something everyone else had.
You apparently can't manipulate wishes as you want, and it doesn't literally ask you, it seems to just
take whatever wish you have that is the strongest at some point. They haven't said anything about
being able to change your wish (if you already have one), so that might also be impossible.
konatachan80May 16, 2014 12:08 PM
-- Lord fifth
May 16, 2014 1:11 PM

Sep 2013
BEST EPISODE SO FAR
May 16, 2014 1:53 PM

Jun 2013
Meh, I don't like Akira very much :/
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.