Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 14, 2014 9:00 AM

Feb 2014
I just watched the movies and i felt amazed. Yes i have not read the manga, and i have watched only 5 episodes of the original anime series, so there isn't anything for me to compare them too.And i was able to take them at face value as a stand alone piece and i love them.
And yes I know the CG looks really bad I just never cared for it.
May 14, 2014 9:02 AM

Nov 2010
Maybe it's because you had nothing to compare them to.

And the CG is the most common complaint I've heard. Skipping some things too(though the original series did so too).
May 14, 2014 9:02 AM

Jan 2012
EndritVA said:
And yes I know the CG looks really bad I just never cared for it.

Well you answered yourself it because CG is bad - i prefer anime version

May 14, 2014 9:08 AM

Jun 2011
Because of the CG.

May 14, 2014 9:17 AM
Dec 2013
Apparently the CG, and it's somewhat rushed. I don't remember how bad the CG looked, so I can probably look past that. Neither the anime nor movies showed the Wyald arc, but it would've been X-rated territory if it did because it's very gruesome. Neither showed Princess Charlotte
either. I think the movies are more faithful than the anime, though.
May 14, 2014 9:35 AM

Feb 2010
Yep, it's the CG. Because Berserk is all about the eyecandy and not about the story or characters, apparently.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 14, 2014 9:46 AM

Mar 2009
Topic moved.

OT: I can just agree with what's been said before. The CG (especially in the first movie) made a lot of people not even watch the rest, thus hating it because "CG so bad".
The CG in the first movie was indeed not the best imo, but got a lot better in the later 2, especially because you grew accustomed to it.
May 15, 2014 10:03 AM

Sep 2011
For me it's a multitude of things, yes the CG is one of the reasons but not the biggest reason. I wasn't expecting much out of this trilogy since there was no way they could adapt the Golden Age in just 3 movies. That said I at least expected them to do a decent job showing Guts childhood, the court scheming (burning of the queen) and other parts that where completely ignored. They left out some very important bits out of the arc and then went ahead and added some cameo (filler) dancing scene with characters that weren't introduced till much later in the manga. Another thing that really annoyed me, though a bit minor, was the change in art style for the characters. The 97 anime by Madhouse adapted Miura's art style much better than this version. The characters in the movies looked much cleaner, it lacked the grittier feel of the manga. Then there's the crappy CG which was laughably bad and quite honestly an unnecessary distraction.

All that said the last 40 min of the last movie was overall a huge improvement.

If they ever plan on doing another adaptation again, which after these movies I highly doubt it. I hope they do a series of OVA films like Hellsing Ultimate. Squeezing the Golden Age arc into one movie was their first mistake it was never going to work. It would also be nice if Madhouse worked on it again instead of Studio 4c they clearly aren't cut out for this sort of thing.
Mar 26, 2015 9:01 AM

Jan 2015
I just watched the movies and I found them amazing. I've read the manga, and I don't think the movies are rushed, ofc they skipped some parts but still, most of them were dispensable.

The only bad thing I can say about these movies is the horrible use of CG and Guts flashback being almost cut-out. Everything else was perfect imo.
Jul 17, 2015 1:51 PM

Nov 2014
CG is trash, rest is good.

Aug 23, 2015 5:03 PM

Apr 2008
Well there's CG, pacing and stuff (fitting such large content into 3 movies) + OST, I believe there wasn't any memorable OST in the movies but in TV series Susumu Hirasawa with his soundtrack captured world of Berserk pretty damn good so there's that too, for me at least. TV series got better atmosphere because of it imho, even if it wasn't going entirely with manga and had bad ending but that's my opinion.
Jan 3, 2016 5:42 AM

May 2015
Because there a bad adaptation, they skip far too much crucial character development making the characters and story a hollow Shell of what they should be, key scenes are changed to make them less effective than the manga for no apparent reason. Some things should just not be messed with. The eclipse for example scenes were changed which just made no sense and lessened it's impact. It was nice to see some scenes that were missing from the original series, but too much was changed for the worse that the original series got spot on. Overall the original series is much more faiful to the manga and captures it's spirit and covers most of the important character development which is where Berserk as a story really shines. So yeah they failed big time with the movie adaptation.
Dec 28, 2017 8:31 PM
Feb 2014
I really like the movies. I think people were way to picky with the CGI. It wasn't good but it wasn't terrible. I really thought it did decent. Thought it did skip some part it really isn't as bad as people say it is. It still did good movie wise.
Dokia
Dec 29, 2017 9:21 AM

Apr 2017
Strange how so many point at the CG when the main problem is the short run-time and shallowness of these movies. Yeah, they are visually ugly, but they are also so shallow they should best be described as a bad and ugly summary of the Golden Age Arc rather than an actual adaptation...

On top of that it takes way too many idiotic liberties in the way the characters act.
Dec 29, 2017 9:22 AM

Sep 2017
Because the 1997 adapdation is better and The CGI is cancer.
Mar 5, 2018 5:42 PM
Jan 2016
FullmetalCarrot said:
For me it's a multitude of things, yes the CG is one of the reasons but not the biggest reason. I wasn't expecting much out of this trilogy since there was no way they could adapt the Golden Age in just 3 movies. That said I at least expected them to do a decent job showing Guts childhood, the court scheming (burning of the queen) and other parts that where completely ignored. They left out some very important bits out of the arc and then went ahead and added some cameo (filler) dancing scene with characters that weren't introduced till much later in the manga. Another thing that really annoyed me, though a bit minor, was the change in art style for the characters. The 97 anime by Madhouse adapted Miura's art style much better than this version. The characters in the movies looked much cleaner, it lacked the grittier feel of the manga. Then there's the crappy CG which was laughably bad and quite honestly an unnecessary distraction.

All that said the last 40 min of the last movie was overall a huge improvement.

If they ever plan on doing another adaptation again, which after these movies I highly doubt it. I hope they do a series of OVA films like Hellsing Ultimate. Squeezing the Golden Age arc into one movie was their first mistake it was never going to work. It would also be nice if Madhouse worked on it again instead of Studio 4c they clearly aren't cut out for this sort of thing.

Umm can u do your research its was OLM studio ( the people who did pokemon) i mean u went to the berserk page inmyanimelist and did not see it? however, i think that's a compliment if you are comparing it Madhouse. However next time just look at the page and see the studio. However Madhouse probably only ones who could adapt this entire series OLM did a great job with the limited resources they had.
May 31, 2021 9:58 PM
May 2021
I thought the demon rape scene was kind of not needed and dragged out. But other than that it wasn't terrible.
Jun 11, 2021 12:39 PM
Aug 2020
Peaople usually dont apreciate when something is GOOD.

https://youtu.be/zEW8c5MQ7io
Jun 30, 2021 8:28 AM
Apr 2020
Honestly i dont get it, i just watched them and they were pretty good. Ive read the series a couple of times before and the only complaint i have would be the pacing and skipping stuff over. the cg is fine, theres a handful of scenes that are wonky in the first one but other than that its more than acceptable. people who say it looks like a ps2 game or whatever are just bitching
Jul 28, 2022 12:33 PM

Jun 2016
gntyh said:
Honestly i dont get it, i just watched them and they were pretty good. Ive read the series a couple of times before and the only complaint i have would be the pacing and skipping stuff over. the cg is fine, theres a handful of scenes that are wonky in the first one but other than that its more than acceptable. people who say it looks like a ps2 game or whatever are just bitching

I don't understand it either. Honestly, I find the character designs much better than the ones captured in the manga, really. The CGI isn't the best, but it's not lousy either. And it also has a memorable OST:

Where the best part of this song is collected for the new anime trailer:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Ougon Jidaihen III: Kourin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Mich666 - May 12, 2013

210 by BorednSpicy »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:50 PM

» Guts and Jaime Lannister

Deeboy - Dec 10, 2018

2 by Dannyr22 »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:17 AM

» Berserk Ougon Jidai-hen III kourin l what chapters are in the movie?

NAYANAYANAYA - Mar 14, 2023

1 by AndroidLB »»
Mar 14, 2023 10:35 AM

» I know why this movie exists

WhyIsGutsSoAweso - May 15, 2021

7 by WhyIsGutsSoAweso »»
May 16, 2021 9:22 AM

» Why do people say the soundtrack for the movies weren't good?

HarryRambod22 - Oct 9, 2017

1 by Zoldra0 »»
Oct 11, 2017 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.