Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2009 6:18 PM

Jan 2008
It's now become my favourite series of all time. I'd like to watch it as a movie too. If it ever gets licensed for distribution in North America, I'd so totally get the DVD and BD just because it's so awesome.
Sep 20, 2009 10:55 PM

Sep 2008
I lol'd so hard when TEX couldn't make it up the stairs. I'm glad to see that they are leaving this open for more episodes. I would really like to see how the relationship between Sammy and what's his face develops. Overall, I give this series an 8 because it seems like it is just an intro to a larger story. If we ever get the rest of the story, I'll probably go back and change it to the 9 it deserves.
Sep 20, 2009 11:35 PM

Oct 2008
I've been waiting for this for months and months and well, now that it's over, it's sad. That was great, and they really could have expanded on it. Maybe, if we're lucky, it'll have a second go. Even though the installments might be slow coming sometimes, they are always the best when it comes to quality and story. I'll miss the series.
Sep 21, 2009 4:21 AM
May 2008
I'm a bit sad that it's over now but I think it ended fairly well, so I'm satisfied with the series. There was a decent amount of immediate closure, while leaving the "behind the scenes" story wide open for a second season.

9/10
Dead Account
Please Delete
Sep 21, 2009 4:28 AM

Sep 2007
Eng sub torrent?
Sep 21, 2009 4:36 AM

Dec 2008
This was the most touching episode of this series. I loved the history of Masakazu and Tex.
Eve no Jikan sure is an outstanding anime, not only because it's animation quality is great, but it's also touches quite an important issue (relationships between humans and robots)

It would be great if there were a second season, but I think that ending was good and it would be a shame if they had somehow spoiled such a great anime.

9/10 from me:)
Sep 21, 2009 9:03 AM

Jul 2008
It was an ok series. Though the characters weren't very memorable and they didn't go into nearly enough detail in ANY of the stories(especially Sammy and Rikou) for this kind of overall plot imo. Those two things really held me back from rating it any higher than a 7.
Sep 21, 2009 11:12 AM
Dec 2008
Great ep. The 'How did it got down the stairs'-part was very funny. I hope there will be another season with more Sammy <3 Rikuo. They would make a great couple.
Sep 21, 2009 5:00 PM

May 2009
I wish for another season too...
My favorite things during this anime were the Nagi-san's winks ;) and that bitch-slap in ep 3 XD It was hilarious!
Very good series, if only there was more.
Sep 21, 2009 8:53 PM

Sep 2007
Great show!
Made me think alot about the future of AI and the robot industry.. Is this what we will see in the future?

Next season please

Sep 21, 2009 10:39 PM

Sep 2008
damn that was a touching last episode, easily the best of the lot. The whole thing was great though. I wonder if they will make anymore. Well I give it a 9/10 :)
Sep 21, 2009 11:46 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
MagicWookie said:
I lol'd so hard when TEX couldn't make it up the stairs.
:D i did too. that was so funny!!

I really commend the director and animators for making this such a beautiful anime. I really enjoyed it. i'm probably going to end up giving it a 10/10.
p r o f i l e 👀
Sep 22, 2009 5:50 AM

Jul 2007
Masaki ended up the most interesting character, I was rather surprised.
Enjoyed this series, I hope there will be more, especially regarding the scene near the end....
Sep 22, 2009 7:31 PM
Mar 2008
Now to install a hole in that THX.

Great series, would love more.
Sep 23, 2009 12:51 AM

Jan 2008
Susan said:
This was a masterpiece, even by the series standards. The ending when they go to leave was a brilliant move.

I would definitely like to see this series continue. For the sake of Sammy alone, this series must continue!

But the sub-plot they introduced involving the mystery behind the cafe's, and that incident with the child... Sheesh. I want to know what it was all about!

Hmmm... a movie perhaps? =D

i think the kid on the newspaper was Nagi. Yes I'm positive.
Sep 23, 2009 1:12 PM

May 2009
Loved this. Best bit was probably when the heartfelt music started after Masaki talked with Tex, and then he bumped on the stairs.

The Nagi thing was quite interesting as well.

The series posed quite a few decent moral questions about AI, which interested me a bit, since i'm an AI student right now. It was definitely a good watch, but i'd have liked a bit more, although i'm not sure if that would actually have been a good thing. The conciseness is part of the charm, i think.
krjmiismSep 23, 2009 1:15 PM
Sep 23, 2009 1:23 PM

Jan 2009
Great episode but not so great ending. I really need explanation about Negi's past and i also want to see the ending between Rikuo and Sammy. Hope its going to be settled in the movie.

I am enjoyed My Time of EVE
Sep 23, 2009 2:08 PM

Dec 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
Did you enjoy your time of EVE?

Very much so, this was one of the best short series I have ever seen. This last episode was extremely emotional, I really felt a connection with Masaki where before he was really more of a background character. I thought it was great when the broke the heavy emotional tension when bringing up how TEX was able to get in, which I was wondering myself.

This series did a great job of exploring many possible social situations if androids ever become prominent in society. Having "The End?" was a nice touch because I really want to see more of this. 9/10, possibly masterpiece if once I think about it more.

#NBHNC
Sep 24, 2009 6:31 AM
Jul 2008
The best episode. It was very touching! Funny when there was this great background music and touching moment, on their way out and Tex stops before the stairs. So funny xD
Sep 24, 2009 12:23 PM

Feb 2008
Touching episode. Definitely worth the wait.
But I'm still wanting for more. I mean, emotionally, I still am. My heart breaks that I won't see anymore.
Even though they announced that there's a movie coming out later. I want more! lawl

Just when I've finally found myself getting attached to Sammy. Lawl
I also like the part when Rikuo's sister was "sleeping" on the couch and Sammy started talking normally and they both end up conversing about Masakazu. It makes you wonder what she was thinking at the time. Since, at the end of the episode, she seems to become a lot friendlier at Sammy by giving her a flower and putting it on her hair.
tsubasalover said:
I thought Masato's anteroid is Chex because the credit it's チェクス, and not TEX.

You prolly misread wrong, coz it IS TEX. As in テックス 'TEX.' ='o
Nitre said:
Loved this. Best bit was probably when the heartfelt music started after Masaki talked with Tex, and then he bumped on the stairs.

So true...
I totally lawl'd, especially when I re-watched it again a few minutes later. Haha~♪

Sep 24, 2009 2:21 PM
Dec 2007
Very good episode, too bad there are very few developments over the course of the series, it feels really rough as it is. Still a good experience, that didn't miss a lot of things to be an excellent show. 8/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 26, 2009 5:27 PM

Jun 2008
Excellent conclusion to a great series. I hope a second season will be made!
Sep 27, 2009 2:34 PM

Feb 2009
Loved it. A simple and touching ending. While a lot remains untouched, I think it's best left as is.
Sep 28, 2009 6:21 AM
Jul 2008
Jacut said:
Very good episode, too bad there are very few developments over the course of the series, it feels really rough as it is. Still a good experience, that didn't miss a lot of things to be an excellent show. 8/10

im afraid im 10/10.. since im an optomist... why does being an optomist infulence that? coz im optimistic that there'll be a season 2! =D=D
Sep 28, 2009 8:54 AM
Nov 2008
I'm torn over a 9 or a 10. The show was fantastic, loved every episode, but it really felt like the story was just starting. There's some holes left, especially those introduced in this episode, and I really hope they make more.

Just as I was coming to this conclusion, I saw "The End?" :P
Sep 28, 2009 6:21 PM

Jun 2007
Susan said:
But the sub-plot they introduced involving the mystery behind the cafe's, and that incident with the child... Sheesh. I want to know what it was all about!

Hmmm... a movie perhaps? =D

The little girl victim was the women that runs the cafe. I'm actually surprised the creator didn't make his

For those of you that didn't understand the subplot here's how I understand it.
The anti-robot group was once a radical group and like most radical groups they do anything they can to prove a point. In their case it was how robots cant be trusted. Apparently their radicalness led to an injury. Throughout the episode we're led to believe that a human was injured by a robot but at the end we find out that the anti-robot group where the ones that hurt a little girl and the matter was covered up. Their leader was forced to step down as a result of this and the group's activity's stayed silent.

What's more interesting is that rule #1138 may actually mean that Time of Eve (equality between humans and robots)might be a requirement for all robots.
Sep 30, 2009 3:29 AM
Jun 2009
I really enjoyed this series, the animation, story and music were gorgeous. Almost shed a tear on the scene with Masaki and Tex (and I've never ever been close to tearing from anything I've watched). I guess the music and the way it was delivered hit my heart. =P

Looks like they have a lot more story to go, which would explain the "plot holes." Hopefully there will be a second season, I will be sure to watch it. =)
Sep 30, 2009 3:26 PM

May 2009
Loved the series, and final ep didnt disapoint me. I found really beautiful when rikou was holding his little speech, that you sawed sammy crying hidden (although I found it strange that an android could cry).

I hope that there well be an sequel, and maybe a tv serie?
Sep 30, 2009 10:03 PM

Oct 2007
a nice series.... more would be nice, maybe like a few more ova or a 12 ep one shot but all in all it ended fairly well
Oct 1, 2009 2:00 PM

Feb 2009
Awesome anime but so short well maybe if it was longer I would lose some of his charm.
Oct 2, 2009 1:22 PM

Jun 2008
meh sammy...i rly liked this ep and it was so touching, and i wish i had android like tex, its so cute ^o^
Oct 3, 2009 12:23 PM
Jun 2008
I still don't quite get this show. The main reason people think that associating with robots is bad is that robots are programmed to have no emotions. And yet, the robots in the show clearly have emotions. So how did those emotions magically come into existence?
Oct 3, 2009 7:33 PM

Feb 2009
Beautiful ending for a brilliant show.

When Masaki was gonna take Tex home with that touching music and all I was like "hey wait, are they gonna just pretend stairs don't exist?" What happened next made me smile. :)

This show lacks neither form or substance with great themes surrounding AIs. Every episode makes you think and reflect on your personal prejudices, without making it feel artificial or forced (what I'd call "intellectual masturbation"), rather keeping everything light hearted but not insignificant thanks to intelligent directing.

It can be funny without being mindless stupid, it can be touching without being melodramatic, and it can be serious without being suffocating.

This is truly a great piece of work among an ocean of mediocrity. 7/10 because I enjoyed my Time of Eve, thank you very much. 1 more as a tip, that makes it 8/10. :)
Oct 4, 2009 12:44 AM

Jul 2008
Loved it. Wish there was more. I enjoyed the time of EVE. What more can I say?

oh.

season two! season two!!
Oct 6, 2009 9:50 AM
Oct 2008
darkmac said:
I still don't quite get this show. The main reason people think that associating with robots is bad is that robots are programmed to have no emotions. And yet, the robots in the show clearly have emotions. So how did those emotions magically come into existence?

Advanced Computing Abilities + Prolonged Interaction with Humans = Development of Genuine Emotions

It's hardly a new concept in the realm of the science fiction.
Oct 7, 2009 3:42 AM

Jan 2008
best episode of the series!

and how they ended it was fantastic.
*starts wondering* wonder how they'll continue Time of Eve.
hope they make a full season's worth. XD
Oct 9, 2009 11:36 PM

Oct 2007
darkmac said:
The main reason people think that associating with robots is bad is that robots are programmed to have no emotions. And yet, the robots in the show clearly have emotions. So how did those emotions magically come into existence?

What GreatRumbler said.

I assume that the ability to at least "fake" emotion would be a design feature of AI. But the anti-robot crowd might remain skeptical that even a sophisticated AI could ever have real emotions.

(There are certainly plenty of philosophers today who think a computer couldn't ever have conscious experience, and it's not clear any amount of Turing-test-passing would qualify as a compelling counter-argument from their point of view.)
Oct 10, 2009 12:11 PM

May 2009
l33tminion said:
darkmac said:
The main reason people think that associating with robots is bad is that robots are programmed to have no emotions. And yet, the robots in the show clearly have emotions. So how did those emotions magically come into existence?

What GreatRumbler said.

I assume that the ability to at least "fake" emotion would be a design feature of AI. But the anti-robot crowd might remain skeptical that even a sophisticated AI could ever have real emotions.

(There are certainly plenty of philosophers today who think a computer couldn't ever have conscious experience, and it's not clear any amount of Turing-test-passing would qualify as a compelling counter-argument from their point of view.)

Couldnt it be somethign more simple like law one, protect humans, and that becomes dont hurt humans in anyway, and bam things fall into order. the rule of the cafe is to treat humans and androids equaly and if a android was to not follow that rule it would hurt nagi, so in order to prevent hurting nagi they over ride rules like having the status rings over there heads and obeying orders..
Oct 18, 2009 8:35 PM
Aug 2007
I wanted to see more Sammy.
Oct 19, 2009 11:53 PM

Jun 2009
Definitely a very good series, but I wouldn't count it as one of the best i've ever seen. If we are ever fortunate enough to see a actual full length series, and it's as good as this final episode, then I would probably consider it one of the best anime i've seen.

As it is, though, it is just very good and out performs the very similar Chobits in so many ways; despite it's much shorter length.

I'll give this series an 8/10.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 23, 2009 7:42 AM
Feb 2009
i glad i watch this anime... my favorite part is the development between rikou n sammy (somehow i feel it is cute n pure) too bad it was short n unable to cover everything...

only one thing piss me off in this anime n it is the advertisement of anti-androids comity like the one "love between androids n human? it just doesnt work" blah blah blah...
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 23, 2009 8:39 PM

Nov 2007
Am I the only one geeky enough to catch the George Lucas references? Lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THX_1138

the number 1138 has also become an easter egg in Lucas' movies
Oct 25, 2009 5:43 AM

Jan 2008
This show is fantastic, but too bad it's so short. Just when it felt like something was starting it ends, hope for sequel of some sort in the future.
Looking forward to the blue-ray movie :D
Oct 26, 2009 2:47 PM

Jul 2008
I was lucky enough to see this in the cinema yesterday at Sci-Fi London's Anime All-Nighter, and it was definitely the best anime of the night. It had the entire cinema in hysterics most of the time, and the end was very touching. The best OVA ever made in my opinion.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Oct 29, 2009 6:14 PM

Nov 2007
Enjoyable ending.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 30, 2009 7:01 PM

May 2008
This is unreal. This episode. This series. It stirs up so many emotions so well.
Even single episode just makes me feel more and more sorry for the poor oppressed robots.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 2, 2009 3:44 AM

Jan 2008
It was a good episode compared to the others but I guess it's tough to end the series in a satisfactoy way, it kind of felt like a forced ending to me I guess. The part where they were trying to figure out why the android initially spoke was pretty good. I guess I expected a lot of the plot to centre around the plot in the first ep but it kind of switched directions.
Nov 8, 2009 12:58 AM

May 2008
Ok... enjoyable show but the whole Nagi thing really confused me.
Shiotsuki is the previous leader of the Robotics Ethics Committee?
Setoro works for the white haired lady who sits at the desk and is apparently watching over Eve no Jikan which means there is some connection going on such as an experiment to see if humans and androids can really cohabitate without discrimination?
Nagi is the girl who was previously injured in the Tokisaka incident so she's a human... she's not "able to bring anyone [there]", is she part of the experiment, just an observer of sorts?
Eve no Jikan is apparently rule #1138 also there were 1408 places to be checked by the Robotics Ethics Committee...could this be a large experiment where the androids are built with like a program with the locations of places that vary in the degree of acceptance or whatever it is that they seek and are led by the program to the area that best suits their wishes... where as Eve no Jikan is the complete acceptance and equality place? The Sammy not knowing how she found the place incident is what led me to this assumption... plus it was kind of strange how some androids just seemed to know where it was... like the nameless one.
I'm just very confused to say the least and grasping at straws to get any clues as to what's going on, any insight would be greatly appreciated.
In the End, was it worth it?
Nov 13, 2009 1:18 PM

Nov 2007
chryseis said:
Am I the only one geeky enough to catch the George Lucas references? Lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THX_1138

the number 1138 has also become an easter egg in Lucas' movies

Huh, I did not know that! Thanks for keeping the rest of us informed with your insightful geekyness. ^_~

Loved this series to death. There MUST be more to it or I'll just have to weep out a flood worthy of the Old Testament. They definitely opened up tons of possible directions and plot lines at the end, so I'm very hopeful. The artwork and cinematic psuedo-camerawork in this is groundbreaking. And this show follows my dramatic creed: Just because something is touching and dramatic doesn't mean it shouldn't have humor.

I applaud this show firmly!
Nov 15, 2009 7:39 PM

Jun 2009
Kozooo said:
Meh.. nice final ep.

But they could have done better especially during ep 3-4.

Like some of you viewers out there.. I wanted to see more of "Sammy".

I wanted to see how the protagonist would struggle with his 'dorei-kei' behaviour towards Sammy. And whether he could see Sammy as a 'person' or whatever..

The last ep was quite 'touching', but they should have presented something like that involved Sammi + Rikuo. Without letting it slide into shit like for example with Chobits..

Nice show.. but they could have done better.. meh..

I think the same way. The story involving sammi and rikuo was left entirely opened and I hope they tell us what happens on a next season.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Canopus - Dec 2, 2008

77 by Randomega »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:52 AM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nx6 - Oct 2, 2008

84 by FanthyLord »»
Jul 2, 2023 7:47 PM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Aug 3, 2008

119 by FanthyLord »»
Jul 2, 2023 7:23 PM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Canopus - Jul 2, 2009

67 by removed-user »»
Feb 17, 2023 9:37 AM

Poll: » Eve no Jikan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KillthisAccount - May 2, 2009

94 by removed-user »»
Feb 17, 2023 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.