Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 2014 12:35 AM

Dec 2013
I hope the series will take an upturn soon. Everything until now seemed really mediocre.
May 14, 2014 7:44 AM
Sep 2013
Yes! Some drama :D
Emiru seems like the interesting character.
I bet everyone's past will be interesting.
I also can't wait for the next episode.
What is Heito up to?

anyway, this is something completely irrelevant I guess but I want to know who I should ship here....I hate that disappointing feeling when your ship doesn't end together.
May 14, 2014 8:31 AM
Apr 2012
Fantastic episode full of intrigue. Training on an island must be tough with Heito out there who is a complete nutter but the kind I'm very interested, more so than the others. He found Emiru taking a midnight bath and noticing the marks on her. I'm still unsure what that is going to mean in the long run as I've taken a liking to her, she had a rough childhood. This power raises more questions, as does the pairs element. 4 episodes in and this show has done everything right.
May 14, 2014 5:27 PM

Jul 2012
Definitely the best episode so far! Great suspense, build up and foreshadowing thrown in. Had intense Shinsekai Yori vibes.

Only issue was that the whole "we know each other from the past" thing was overdone. It was pretty obvious with the flashbacks but to even have the characters mention "I feel like we knew each other before" makes it turn into forced information to the watcher.

Also, another arising issue that pops up every episode, too much terminology and not enough explanation. In SSY, the information and facts were laid out yet, still had a bit of subtly/mystery to them. In this, there's too many things going on and when they try to fix gaps, they overdo it.

Emiru's getting a lot better. Reminds me of Asuka from Evangelion for sure.

I'm looking at a solid 7 or even 8 if this show keeps it up.

AnimeFan500 said:
Dat Btooom like episode : 0

Yeah I thought that too!
May 15, 2014 10:59 AM

Dec 2013
DGemu said:
Episode was interesting. And then the ending happened....

And what was wrong with the ending exactly? It was the most interesting part of the episode. Some people blow my mind.

People who are connected by magical ghost child powers wander around an island = "I love this!!!"

Actual dramatic scene = "I hate it"
sayonara_sekaiMay 15, 2014 11:02 AM
May 15, 2014 3:00 PM
Mar 2014
E_1999 said:
DGemu said:

And what was wrong with the ending exactly? It was the most interesting part of the episode. Some people blow my mind.

People who are connected by magical ghost child powers wander around an island = "I love this!!!"

People don't like the fact that Emiru was naked and Heito was rather... personal with her, even if he only cared about the black mark.
May 15, 2014 7:53 PM

Oct 2013
Yep,Emiru's still the most interesting member of the cast. Akashi will most likely turn up and save her next episode before Heito does anything(you never know with psychos like him...) but it was still a interesting scene. I'm hoping that he'll get to see her infection and ask a couple of questions so we can learn a bit about how she got it in detail.

I definitely agree that this is an underrated show. The CG mechs & battles are it's biggest problem but it's doing a good job piquing our interesting and leave us wanting for more. It's doing pretty good in the atmosphere department too and this episode is a prime example of that. As for the characters,they're so-so I guess - nothing special so far(besides Emiru)but I think I'm starting to get used them. I can even see myself getting attached to them(besides the psycho dude) eventually.

STILL,I try to remember that Okada Mari has a say in this show and you never know when it can go off the rails. I'm probably gonna keep those expectations in check for most of the show...
ManlyTearMay 16, 2014 2:50 AM
May 15, 2014 9:30 PM

Jul 2010
Naisu ending. lel
May 16, 2014 2:30 AM

Oct 2009
A definite step up from the last episode, I am liking mysterious part of the story so far. Hated Emiru from the first episode but she wasn't a bitch this time, her character is developing fairly well.

Also the art and animation was way more consistent as well. Hopefully this keeps improving as it goes.

I guess Captain Earth would be better for people with a turnip for a brain.
May 16, 2014 3:17 AM

Aug 2013
Two more episodes before I decide to go on or drop. Things are becoming more hmm...I can't really say interesting but let's just say things are becoming better now so I'm looking forward to how this shapes up.

Also, why do I feel like Heito's out of place. I just feel like they're trying so hard with "look pyscho character! This is dark!" *shrugs*...yeah maybe I just don't like him. Actually I don't like any of them >__<
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 16, 2014 5:07 AM

May 2012
look guys, the pair doesnt have to be girls and boys, they might be boys and boys, or girls and girls.
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

May 16, 2014 5:10 AM

Mar 2014
Beach episode! Mizugi episode! Fanservice episode!
I really like this depressing atmosphere. And too early beach episode indicated that the story will get more dark. According to the official site, all main characters seem to have dark aspects.
May 16, 2014 9:16 AM

Oct 2013
xchee said:
Also, why do I feel like Heito's out of place. I just feel like they're trying so hard with "look pyscho character! This is dark!" *shrugs*...yeah maybe I just don't like him. Actually I don't like any of them >__<

That's Okada's mark in the series right there,the over-the-top kind that we'd rather do without and thus a constant reminder for us to be cautious & keep our expectations in check,even if the show looks promising(which I'd say it does).

I don't have a problem with the rest of them though. Even if only a few will receive proper developments I'd look forward to seeing them at least get to know & trust each other in order to survive. Besides Heito of course,which I hope they won't try to redeem or anything but since he's in the OP I assume it's gonna happen anyway..ugh...
ManlyTearMay 16, 2014 9:19 AM
May 17, 2014 3:14 AM

May 2012
ok guys, so pretty much here is what i can conclude from this episode :

1. In this episodes we were shown about Emiru past, and the psycho doctor who claim about the children of destiny and their pair. Here's the thing, we doesnt clearly know that whether the pair are between girls and girls, boys and boys or girls and boys, and if u notice closely in the end of the ED there are actually 9 Children

vlcsnap-2014-05-17-16h37m20s105

2. There are 6 person we havent actually confirm to be a pair, which are Psycho Heito, Emiru, Akashi, Sasame,Maamu and the mysterious 9 kid. Why did I said this? So practically, we know that admonitions are those people feelings who are trapped in the past( not sure if i get this right but its pretty much like that), and the mysterious 9 kid are probably an admonitions or something, Im really positive its her though, from their same eyes color. and about the pair thingy, It looks like ( im not proving anything here, this is just base on my speculations) that Akashi pair might be the mysterious 9 kid. The proof is that, remember when Emiru fell down and told him not to leave her, He suddenly recalls about a bits memory of that dialogue,

vlcsnap-2014-05-17-16h39m49s94

and when the times he heard Sasame singing the corpse song.

vlcsnap-2014-05-17-16h40m29s248

How do i know that its her? Well if u notice in the ED, the shadow had short hair, pretty much like the mysterious 9 kid.

vlcsnap-2014-05-17-16h37m51s198

vlcsnap-2014-05-17-16h43m28s244

Next, I also 'assume' that the pair also might be Sasame and the mysterious 9 kid, because somehow they look familiar, or they might had been close before. or is it Sasame attachment towards her that makes her cut her hair like that girl.As we saw in the ED, There is the part where sasame are always next the long hair girl, or it might what they call the 'CORPSE'? and Sasame and Minashi seems to remember the creepy corpse song.

vlcsnap-2014-05-17-16h44m22s25

Sasame and the mysterious kid might also be a pair, but we don't know that.

There is also some curious thing that i would like to confirm.

1. somehow i smell something fishy about minashi. I mean, if he remembers most of their past, why wont he tells them. and it looks like when he first encounter the Corpse, he looks, well, IN JOY isnt he. I think he might be the trump card. Not sure but I just get this feeling that Minashi character is more complex than we thought.

2. I'm certain that something is damn wrong with Heito. dont know why, and i want to know it. Somehow, he is drawn to terror and that admonition things. He mustve trauma from when they were together last time, and whats up with him hanging onto naked Emiru, these two might be a pair too, but hey, this is just my assumptions.

3. Doesn't it seems that that Maamu girl can predict the future?

Well this end my theory. Anyway this is just my point of view and assumptions, we can't really know much yet since there are still much more episodes to comes.
So far, the most normal character are raika and Iwato.
khonsutoraMay 17, 2014 3:23 AM
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

May 17, 2014 7:20 AM
Jan 2011
Thunderbolta said:
E_1999 said:
DGemu said:

People don't like the fact that Emiru was naked and Heito was rather... personal with her, even if he only cared about the black mark.

It was on purpose. We were suppose to be disturbed by this...
May 17, 2014 11:30 AM

Mar 2014
nyancat2506 said:
if u notice closely in the end of the ED there are actually 9 Children

The mysterious 9 kid that you said is unofficially called as Tsugumi.

http://m3-project.com/characters/character09.html

Probably, she rode on the left shoulder of Mukuro and she rescued eight children in Ep 1. And I think the ED indicates that she remained in Mumyou-Ryouiki.

In the next shot of this, only she remained.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124748082@N04/14180822776/

I think she is out of the children of destiny now. Perhaps, she would become a member of them in the 2nd half. Not now.

nyancat2506 said:
1. somehow i smell something fishy about minashi. I mean, if he remembers most of their past, why wont he tells them. and it looks like when he first encounter the Corpse, he looks, well, IN JOY isnt he. I think he might be the trump card. Not sure but I just get this feeling that Minashi character is more complex than we thought.

I guess Minashi is obviously drawn as a doubtful guy. In the radio program of M3, ...
May 17, 2014 1:36 PM

May 2014
nyancat2506 said:

If you watched the episode closely, it was shown that he reached the locker before it was opened.
I'm slightly hoping that that scene somehow implies that he was the one who searched through it.
May 19, 2014 2:35 AM

Aug 2009
I'm out, can't deal with this show, everything is just 'meh' to me, it just boring..
The characters are boring, the story so far is mediocre and dull, the animations is sub-par at best, I wont be able to last 24 ep's.
Dropped.
May 19, 2014 9:14 PM

Jun 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmm... interdasting.

This show still isn't "good" yet, but like I said last week, it has potential and it looks like it might finally starting building on that potential. The problem is they didn't do a very good job of world building, the dialogue is... sketchy... and it still seems to be all questions and no answers so far.
May 25, 2014 7:50 PM
Sep 2013
More questions, and in a good way. From the what I can tell from the children scene, Izuriha and the corpse girl don't seem to be the same person but are somehow connected. A twist might happen to switch Akashi's main love interest to Emiru.

This episode makes this show more promising that it might just be one my kind of show; it'll probably keep building up questions and then answer it all with twists and turns at the end. As proof of its potential, its driving all the simpletons away, definitely a good sign, like how it was with "From the New World."

Oh, oh, and gloomy girl was so cute in this episode. Girls who have weaknesses and strengths are the best; especially those who seem to be so weak and helpless but still find the strength to stand up and push through, it stirs my protective instincts and makes me want to hug them.
MrNTRMay 25, 2014 7:59 PM
May 27, 2014 3:05 PM
Aug 2011
This is so bad it's good! Right now i'm compelled to keep going especially after that ending.

The dialogue is the worst part oh and thanks for reminding me that I need to go catch up on Captain Earth.
May 28, 2014 11:34 AM

Dec 2011
Jumping off an heli sure can be scary and wtf was that weird voice just now O.o

So Heito is with them also... yeah... great news...

Akashi and Emiru bonding moments.

Emiru had a tough childhood it seems.

That ending.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 2, 2014 3:48 PM

Apr 2012
nut jobs are the most entertaining everybody else in this show just seem 2 be full of them selves
Jul 6, 2014 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
I can kind of see where things are heading...but dang.. pick up the pace... this really should be only 12 episodes instead of this slow half-filler.

Yea yea, kids met in the past (in the lightness realm?)... we already knew that.
Sep 20, 2014 4:25 AM

Jun 2008
After two disappointing episodes this one seems more decent. Emiru clearly is the character that keeps the show going until now so lets see now what will happen with her and the crazy guy who seems to be crazy because something happen to him when they were all kids in that phantom zone or whatever.
Dec 17, 2018 3:41 PM

Aug 2007
I really did not like the first couple episodes. This one at least kept my attention for the most part, but I'm still not meshing with the characters.

Jul 28, 2023 11:20 PM

Dec 2022
Isaku has a fetish for the Corpse infection or something, I have no idea.

The rest of the pilots seem to be getting along with each other better than they were previously, which should make their interactions more constructive.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2014

76 by Erdgeist »»
Mar 21, 8:23 PM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2014

45 by Phobossus »»
Mar 17, 7:41 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

27 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

25 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2014

25 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.