MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

The end of Cowboy Bebop - SPOILER ALERT - do not read if you haven't finished watching the show
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Cowboy Bebop »» The end of Cowboy Bebop - SPOILER ALERT - do not read if you haven't finished watching the show

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
01-22-08, 5:24 PM

Simple question: would you have preferred a different ending?
A sort of happily ever after, or are you satisfied with how it ended?

This doesn't want to be an evangelion-style "the ending sucked" kind of topic, i'm just curious as to how you reacted. Also, if you could decide the end the show, what would your ending be like?

personally i was in tears at the end (yeah i know, i suck :P) but i don't think i'd change the ending for a "happier" one.

01-22-08, 9:13 PM

Nah...I mean, of course it's sad when you spend 20-some episodes with the hero and then he goes off and dies, but the ending was too epic to mess with. I can't imagine it ending another way and still being as good.

02-01-08, 6:11 PM

I don't think there are much people who didn't like the ending. I was in tears too owo"

02-01-08, 6:30 PM

hounddog said:
Nah...I mean, of course it's sad when you spend 20-some episodes with the hero and then he goes off and dies, but the ending was too epic to mess with. I can't imagine it ending another way and still being as good.

QFT. It may have been a real tear-jerker, but it was still great.

02-02-08, 6:11 AM

it's nice to know we all agree :P

02-07-08, 10:39 AM

I have watched that ending about 6 times now, and every time it gets even more emotional. I'm really starting to understand that there was more to this show than just awesome fights and great music, and the ending epitomizes that.

He could have stayed with Faye and Jet and started all over again, and he probably would have been happy. But like he said, he had to find out if he was really living. For him the past three years were like watching a dream, and at some point, the dream has to end, and we must wake up.

At some point, we all have to come to terms with our pasts, whether anything good comes of it or not, just like Faye and Jet did. They had nothing to go back to, so they came back. Spike however, couldn't let Vicious get away with what he had done, he had to end it once and for all, and that was his way of coming to terms with his past.

Jet understood this, and that's why he let Spike go, but Faye, who has abandonment issues, knew that it had to be done, but was reluctant to let go of the little "family" she had left. That is why it was such a masterpiece.

It was tragic, yes, but I would have it no other way.

03-05-08, 9:30 AM

I think the ending was perfect!
Nothing more to add.

03-06-08, 7:09 AM

I agree with everyone else, it was a masterpiece of an ending. You can't just change an ending like that.

@masaba: It took me like 8 times watching the whole ending to see all that. Spike past was just to much to just keep running from, so that was the best way to take care of everything, finding revenge and truth.

03-10-08, 3:01 PM

The ending was perfect

03-12-08, 3:00 AM

the ending was perfect, it was emotional and unforgettable.

03-12-08, 11:45 AM

If Spike died then its the perfect ending.... Yeah i know thats kind of wrong. XD

03-15-08, 9:30 PM

couldnt have ended it better myself...

03-16-08, 2:39 PM

Lofoc said:
If Spike died then its the perfect ending.... Yeah i know thats kind of wrong. XD

He is dead!

03-16-08, 3:58 PM

basero said:
Lofoc said:

He is dead!
Well the official quote is: "'Ive never officially said that he's died. At this point, I can tell you that I'm not sure if he's alive or dead. I think probably rather than being yelled at for killing Spike, I think ... people are more upset that I might make a continuation." - Shinichiro Watanabe

03-21-08, 11:26 PM

there is no better ending for a show like that.

03-22-08, 5:18 AM

The ending is perfect in my opinion, don't want further continuation or some sort

Since episode 1 i think he's already "dead", during the whole series he's been dreaming, and when what happened with julia simply put spike at a point of no return

That's why this anime is a masterpiece

03-22-08, 4:36 PM

I think the ending was perfect the way it was. I cryed though. Bang

03-22-08, 7:02 PM

I loved the ending... Although a bit sad... And the Bebop is all over... but it was epic... I mean... if He lived, then it would go down as something like the main character cannot ever die.... which is boring... he gets closer and closer to death... until he touches it. and dies... which is so awesome!!!

03-31-08, 8:39 AM

Yep, I know I've seen the whole series through like maybe 7 or 8 times. I've watched the last 2 episodes like maybe 20 times. I don't want a continuation of the series, but what would be pretty dope would be a prequel of Spike and Vicious working for the syndicate together, and it leads up to a finale of vicious betraying Spike. Although I don't think I'd really even want that unless it's done in more of a retro style
Check out how a pimp blings.

04-02-08, 4:35 PM

loved the ending. i would be one of those people who would be mad at watanabe-sensei for continuing the series. it is perfect the way it is, even the ambiguity of it. couldn't have asked for anymore more.

(although i wouldn't mind for him to do another series :D samurai champloo was great too! watanabe is just a master of his work)

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices