Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 11, 2014 5:22 PM

Apr 2012
Praland said:
DerpHole said:
Thebigofan said:
people should not be discriminated against.

What about pedophiles?

Are you putting homosexuality and pedophilia in the same level?

Biologically speaking its probably the same thing, the difference is one of consent, and that is what makes pedophilism worse. But from a biological standpoint both are anormal as both dont serve the purpose of reproduction.
May 11, 2014 5:25 PM

Dec 2013
baki502 said:
Praland said:
DerpHole said:
Thebigofan said:

What about pedophiles?

Biologically speaking its probably the same thing, the difference is one of consent, and that is what makes pedophilism worse. But from a biological standpoint both are anormal as both dont serve the purpose of reproduction.

Pedophilism doesn't serve the purpose of reproduction? Sure it does. it would be too graphic to describe it tho
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
May 11, 2014 5:26 PM
Nov 2008
Praland said:
DerpHole said:
Thebigofan said:

What about pedophiles?

some people would like paedophilia to be considered a sexual orientation.
May 11, 2014 5:27 PM

Mar 2013
baki502 said:

IIRC, I believe the youngest pregnancy that's ever occurred did so in a 9 year old girl..
TyrelMay 11, 2014 10:03 PM
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
May 11, 2014 5:28 PM

Aug 2013
Fiction-S said:
Prochy said:
I thought that Japanese were one of the more tolerant people towards gays, since they have all those yaoi and yuri manga/anime.
Far from the truth.

Kidding. Homosexual samurais were quite common back in the day.
Samurai were indeed, super gay

But Japan still has a lot of homophobia
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
May 11, 2014 5:28 PM

Apr 2012
Bicurious_Keys said:

Its not a normal natural instinct tough. The normal animalistic instinct would be to go for well developed women as they ensure a high percentage of fertilization AND a healthy birth. So any attraction to girls under the age of 14/15 (depending on the level of maturity) is unnormal.

Mod Edit: Added spoilers for quote tower
TyrelMay 11, 2014 10:04 PM
May 11, 2014 5:29 PM

Oct 2012
DerpHole said:
baki502 said:

IIRC, I believe the youngest pregnancy that's ever occurred did so in a 9 year old girl.

I'm guessing it wasn't a successful birth.
May 11, 2014 5:30 PM

Nov 2008
Malaria said:
DerpHole said:
baki502 said:

IIRC, I believe the youngest pregnancy that's ever occurred did so in a 9 year old girl.

The youngest was actually 5 and was from rape.

May 2014
baki502 said:

Its not a normal natural instinct tough. The normal animalistic instinct would be to go for well developed women as they ensure a high percentage of fertilization AND a healthy birth. So any attraction to girls under the age of 14/15 (depending on the level of maturity) is unnormal.

actually most girls of that age and under were often married off by that point, its only in the last couple hundred years where that it has been looked down upon. girls reproducing at the age of of 13 - 14 has been going on for the majority of human history.

Sep 2012
Reverb_Shock said:
Red_Keys said:
Why wouldn't you be?

I don't get the people saying "neither for or against it".. what the fuck does that mean? I assume that means you're against it, because you obviously feel no sense of urgency or discontent with the way things are now.

Or maybe you want to support it, but you just want to appear straight to everybody, so saying "I don't care" just kind of puts you in a "safe zone" where you can't be accused of being a bigot or a fag yourself.

Well quit pussying out. Nobody cares about how straight you want everybody to think you are
Or they really just don't care. As people have said, it has nothing to do with them. Some people's whole argument for gay marriage is that it doesn't affect them in any way which means we don't need to be opposed to it, so there's no need for them to care.

I couldn't care less about gay issues. If they get their marriage, cool. If they don't, I don't care.
If you literally don't care, than that is the same level as being against. Because you don't feel that there is any reason to change the current situation. In fact, it's probably worse.

And if you legitimately didn't care, at all, then you wouldn't reply to this thread. There are threads that I don't give a shit about, for example: Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou episode 6 discussion. Front page. I don't care about that show. So guess what I did.

The fact that you felt the need to state something proves that you don't "not care". You care about you having your opinion on the matter heard.
May 11, 2014 5:33 PM

Mar 2013
Malaria said:
DerpHole said:
baki502 said:

nvm, just found this list on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers

Seems like a 5 year old gave birth and it survived. Freaky.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
May 11, 2014 5:35 PM

Apr 2012
Red_Keys said:
If you literally don't care, than that is the same level as being against. Because you don't feel that there is any reason to change the current situation. In fact, it's probably worse.

And if you legitimately didn't care, at all, then you wouldn't reply to this thread. There are threads that I don't give a shit about, for example: Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou episode 6 discussion. Front page. I don't care about that show. So guess what I did.

The fact that you felt the need to state something proves that you don't "not care". You care about you having your opinion on the matter heard.

Or we just like to wast some time? Dont tell me everything you do in your life is meaningful and has a deeper purpose. Most of us are probably just here to waste some time and socialize and dont particularly care too much about the topics at hand.

And I still dont get whats so hard about understanding that some dont give a shit? Yes its not the best attitude to have since they are basically saying they dont care about other people in general, but it doesnt mean they are against it. That is such a bullshit argument. They just dont care what happens, they are fine with either outcome as it doesnt concern them.

Mod Edit: Modified quote tower; please spoiler or remove old quotes.
MellowJelloMay 12, 2014 12:33 AM
May 11, 2014 5:37 PM

Sep 2012
What he said.
May 11, 2014 5:40 PM
Nov 2008
Red_Keys said:

oops.

anyway, i enjoyed you vilifying people who don't care much. fun thread, good times. some of us here just like to reply to 95% of threads in passing, because sharing opinions is fun (even if it's just to show that your stance is no stance, 'cos at least then people know in the future).

MellowJelloMay 12, 2014 12:32 AM
May 11, 2014 5:46 PM

Jul 2011
Labeling it as a "right" gives some government the power to take it away, so maybe it might be more fruitful to consider it as some intrinsic, fundamental "right" that everyone should have. So then your opinion on the issue is meaningless. It's like asking what is your opinion on people's right to life?
May 11, 2014 5:47 PM

Apr 2012
in said:
Labeling it as a "right" gives some government the power to take it away, so maybe it might be more fruitful to consider it as some intrinsic, fundamental "right" that everyone should have. So then your opinion on the issue is meaningless. It's like asking what is your opinion on people's right to life?

Except that being able to marry isnt a human right.
May 11, 2014 5:48 PM
Apr 2010
I don't really care. If two dudes want to play with each others asses, then who am I to get offended and shun them for doing so? Live and let live.
May 11, 2014 5:56 PM

Apr 2013
Red_Keys said:
Why wouldn't you be?

I don't get the people saying "neither for or against it".. what the fuck does that mean? I assume that means you're against it, because you obviously feel no sense of urgency or discontent with the way things are now.

Or maybe you want to support it, but you just want to appear straight to everybody, so saying "I don't care" just kind of puts you in a "safe zone" where you can't be accused of being a bigot or a fag yourself.

Well quit pussying out. Nobody cares about how straight you want everybody to think you are
So in your opinion it's
"If you're not with me, you're against me."
That's a little silly, don't you think? If gays are allowed to marry, then hooray, if not then well that sucks.
It's not the best attitude but it's valid. Gay marriage has no affect on my life. Actually, I live in Canada so it's already legalized. Other countries gay marriage laws have no bearing on my life, therefore I don't care.
an egomaniac and a fool

May 11, 2014 5:58 PM

Nov 2012
Let the gays get married so we can move on to the 21st century already.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
May 11, 2014 5:59 PM

Apr 2012
MiniSiets said:

Wed have to abolish marriage altogether to move to the 21st century already. That system is just so outdated and stupid.
May 11, 2014 6:00 PM

Nov 2012
Gays can get married in a lot of countries (including my own).

OT: I support human rights. Which is what gay people happen to fall under.
May 11, 2014 6:01 PM

Sep 2012
baki502 said:
Or we just like to wast some time? Dont tell me everything you do in your life is meaningful and has a deeper purpose. Most of us are probably just here to waste some time and socialize and dont particularly care too much about the topics at hand.
Then you just literally admitted to shitposting and your comments can legitimately be classified as spam.

Thank you for deliberately making this community a worse place.

baki502 said:
And I still dont get whats so hard about understanding that some dont give a shit? Yes its not the best attitude to have since they are basically saying they dont care about other people in general, but it doesnt mean they are against it. That is such a bullshit argument. They just dont care what happens, they are fine with either outcome as it doesnt concern them.
I never said it's impossible for people to not care. I said that they posted in this thread, so them "not caring" is a farce.

I also never said that not caring is the same as being against it, I said it's just as bad.

If you want to put words into my mouth, at least make it funny or something.

Heredity said:
oops.
That's not the same thing at all. I didn't say that I didn't care, I said that I wanted none erased. It's the difference between saying "I don't care where we eat out tonight" and saying "I don't want to eat out tonight".
May 11, 2014 6:03 PM

Oct 2013
baki502 said:
MiniSiets said:

Wed have to abolish marriage altogether to move to the 21st century already. That system is just so outdated and stupid.
So don't partake in it... Why would you care what other people do with their lives? If you are against marriage, then don't get married and shut up about it.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
May 11, 2014 6:03 PM

Oct 2013
Not caring about what you eat is as bad as not eating.
May 11, 2014 6:04 PM

Jan 2013
Kimono_Kitsune said:

Joke topics aside legalized homosexuality on the global scale is the exception, not the norm.
May 11, 2014 6:07 PM

Jul 2011
UnoPuntoCinco said:

Why people should care about what we eat or what we don't eat?
May 11, 2014 6:10 PM

Nov 2012
Praland said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:

Why people should care about what we eat or what we don't eat?

Well, there are legit reasons...
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
May 11, 2014 6:11 PM

Aug 2009
The LGBT community seems to be better at keeping relationships better than us dirty straights. But then again, that's most likely my cynicism and borderline misogyny talking.

But yeah. I'm for gay rights, and not only because I hate Republicans, but because they're awesome people. ...better than us dirty straights.

May 11, 2014 6:11 PM
Nov 2008
Red_Keys said:

Heredity said:
oops.
That's not the same thing at all. I didn't say that I didn't care, I said that I wanted none erased. It's the difference between saying "I don't care where we eat out tonight" and saying "I don't want to eat out tonight".
well no, the line 'write any story you want, I encourage you. And I will write whatever criticism I want' is basically 'i don't care what anime is made, i'll critic it anyway.' your post put across that you didn't want any anime erased because you don't care what anime is made because if it's shit you can ridicule it. therefore, you don't care enough to actually want to erase an anime. so, yeah, pretty same-y just on a different topic. if you cared enough about shitty anime you'd have one you wanted erased, yeah?

while 'i don't want any anime erased' is fair legit, the reasoning behind it seemed to be that you don't care if shit anime is made in the first place.

I never said it's impossible for people to not care. I said that they posted in this thread, so them "not caring" is a farce.
the only thing i care about is people forcing a side on me. the gay marriage issue itself doesn't matter at all in regards to my life outside of that.
May 11, 2014 6:12 PM

Apr 2012
Link_of_Hyrule said:
baki502 said:
MiniSiets said:

So don't partake in it... Why would you care what other people do with their lives? If you are against marriage, then don't get married and shut up about it.

I do not care what people do in private but I do care about the legal stuff and what my money is being spent on, or in this case whose money is not being asked. I find it ridiculous that married couples get a taxes bonus when theire living expenses go down, since sharing an apartment saves you a buttload of money. That is tax money the country could get instead of asking more from single people. I think tax bonuses should not occur until a child is born there is not reason before that.

Red_Keys said:
baki502 said:
Then you just literally admitted to shitposting and your comments can legitimately be classified as spam.

Thank you for deliberately making this community a worse place.

I prefer the term funposting. Its not like our discussions here are going to change anything at all. My motivation for coming here is to have some fun and waste some time, if you are incapable of having fun and think this forum is all srz bsnz, well not my problem.
May 11, 2014 6:12 PM

Dec 2012
I believe in rights for people regardless of orientation. What I am against, however, is the notion of gay privilege which is paraded by extremists who think anyone that doesn't 100% support the gay pride movement is a homophobe.
May 11, 2014 6:22 PM

Oct 2013
baki502 said:

Then the thing you should be arguing against is the tax break on marriage in your country; not people's right to get married in the first place

MellowJelloMay 12, 2014 12:33 AM
May 11, 2014 6:28 PM

Apr 2012
Link_of_Hyrule said:

Well that was one of the things. Others would be that people are expecting you to be married at some point in life otherwise your kinda looked down upon, and also the fact that trough marriage comes dicorce and other legal issues that again costs the state alot of money that has to be raised from the citizens, aka me.

Basically marriage costs the state money, money from the tax payers, money that could be used way better, instead of wasting it on pointless custom.

Mod Edit: Added spoilers for quote towers
TyrelMay 11, 2014 10:06 PM
May 11, 2014 6:30 PM

Nov 2012
RedArmyShogun said:
Kimono_Kitsune said:

Joke topics aside, legalized homosexuality on the global scale is the exception, not the norm.

Yes, but it's still legal in a lot of countries: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/World_marriage-equality_laws.svg
Legends: http://s16.postimg.org/kq94inwwl/screenshot_117.png

Moving to another country just to get married looks just like a big hassle though.
May 11, 2014 6:31 PM

Oct 2013
baki502 said:

Well that was one of the things. Others would be that people are expecting you to be married at some point in life otherwise your kinda looked down upon, and also the fact that trough marriage comes dicorce and other legal issues that again costs the state alot of money that has to be raised from the citizens, aka me.

Basically marriage costs the state money, money from the tax payers, money that could be used way better, instead of wasting it on pointless custom.
I assume that the point of the tax break is to keep married couples with children together to improve the overall stability and mental health of your nation's youth; hardly a waste of money if you ask me...

Mod Edit: Added spoilers for quote towers
TyrelMay 11, 2014 10:06 PM
May 11, 2014 6:32 PM

Jun 2011
I honestly don't care about sexual orientation as long as the person is happy.
While I myself am heterosexual, I've got no problems with those of other orientations as they are just as human as the rest of us.

May 11, 2014 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
Kimono_Kitsune said:

The US overall isn't, that was a snub by the federal government at the states. Many states outlaw it, but the Federal government reconizes it...for Federal Employees.

But in all those Grey Areas its "No" "Lol go to jail." or "I'M GONNA KILL YAH!" Also moving to another country to marry isn't generally something looked on highly by most immigration officals no matter the country. Though of note France and Regions of Spain may be making it Illegal again soon.

MellowJelloMay 12, 2014 12:34 AM
May 11, 2014 6:47 PM

Feb 2012
Well, they're people, so I think they should have the same rights as people.

Marriage is a little tricky if you want to get into a discussion of what marriage is, but in general my opinion is that gay people should be allowed to get married and enjoy the same dumb benefits as anyone else. I do however think that any religious institution should have the right to refuse to marry a gay couple if they somehow think it goes against their religion.
May 11, 2014 7:45 PM

Jul 2012
i do not support it but at the same time i do not see anything wrong with it.
May 11, 2014 8:33 PM

Jan 2014
I do not support it, but then again I am against quite a lot in marriage which has pretty much lost its value in society.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 11, 2014 8:37 PM

Jan 2013
I don't really care. If two guys like each other and get married, good for them. If not, oh well. I'm not gonna judge people if they're gay or not, but I don't care either way anyways.
May 11, 2014 10:08 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned
Deleted pointless statements with just "Yes, no, etc." Off-topic discussion cleaned and quote towers have been fixed.
TyrelMay 11, 2014 10:15 PM
May 11, 2014 10:25 PM

Sep 2010
Definitely for as I am bisexual. And for the people saying "marriage should only be between a man and a woman" or "why do they want to get married" are forgetting the bonuses a married couple get and some people just want to get married, just like straight people do.
May 11, 2014 10:36 PM

Feb 2010
If only answering yes to this question would actually mean people are not homphobic anymore :(

I'm all for it, though I personally don't see any value in the institution of marriage anyway, if we're only talking about that.
AlcoholicideMay 11, 2014 10:40 PM
I probably regret this post by now.
May 11, 2014 10:42 PM

Dec 2012
No I do not. Fortunately I don't have to deal with this anyway, where I live.
May 11, 2014 10:49 PM

Apr 2008
Doesn't bother me in the least bit. Live and let live.

May 11, 2014 10:54 PM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:

Yeah it's so fortunate that innocent people are killed or imprisoned just so that you don't have to see two guys kiss.
May 11, 2014 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
I support gay rights. However the more vocal, hypocritical individuals at the forefront of the movement irk me. It's not my concern who other people marry, nor should it be anyone else's except the two people in question.
May 11, 2014 11:02 PM

Dec 2012
Narmy said:
tsudecimo said:

Yeah it's so fortunate that innocent people are killed or imprisoned just so that you don't have to see two guys kiss.

They don't get killed, just imprisonment and punishment. It's not that hard to follow a law or try to not get caught.

What I mean by fortunate, is that I don't have to deal with big controversies like Gay Marriage, or even remember the word ''gay'' unless I open these forums, which are so obsessed with gay threads for whatever reasons.
May 11, 2014 11:08 PM

Jan 2009
let them get married but i prefer if marriage will be abolish altogether since its outdated in modern times where there are too much sexual distraction and economic problems
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 16 minutes ago

2 by Theo1899 »»
45 seconds ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

52 by Meusnier »»
7 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

53 by Lost_Viking »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

24 by Theo1899 »»
26 minutes ago

» If you are going to Dubai and need a car, enter here

cotetowemixx - Apr 9

7 by Theo1899 »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.