Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 10, 2014 10:29 PM
Oct 2010
The dialogue in this episode was ridiculously cheesy, wtf? Also that guy from the OP reminds me of Suzaku.
May 10, 2014 10:57 PM

Sep 2011
It seem the terrorists got their training from cobra, I love the action in this ep but still i don't feel sorry for mibu at all(dumb biych).
May 10, 2014 11:15 PM

Mar 2012
That was probably one of the most awkwardly paced anime episodes I've ever seen.

Well, we've long since passed the three episode rule and the season is halfway done so I think it's pretty safe to say that this show's just going to stay bad from beginning to end. And even if it does by some odd coincidence stop being shit at some point the damage has already been well and truly done.

Also Tatsuya is still the biggest faggot in the universe.
May 10, 2014 11:18 PM
Oct 2013
millie10468 said:
So which episode should I look forward to... in order to see a thread that focuses on the plot as it related to the MC's world and how it is presented in the anime, and not what people have decided should be the plot or how much they're disappointed that the plot doesn't suit their taste.

It's been 6 episodes now. 6 Weeks. And regardless of whether or not you've been told the arc after this one is awesome (which I personally think is a matter of taste anyway), shouldn't a discussion thread be less filled with things like "how retarded the discrimination storyline is" or "how Gary Stu the MC is" or "how the author and plot sucks", and the many varieties of those lines? At this point, it should be a little clear if you like it enough to overlook the flaws it has in your eyes.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying critics aren't allowed to point out the flaws of the anime/LN or have their opinions. It's just that after a while, they tend to repeat the same things and criticize the same flaws in the same way. Every. Single. Time. I would think after a while they would get tired of watching something they don't seem to be enjoying at all.

I know a lot of this has to do with the hype being claimed this anime had pre-airing (which I don't get either) but it's not nearly as bad as these threads are making it seem. I don't know what these people were expecting and aren't getting but some people are content (though not terribly ecstatic) about the adaptation.

This past week, I got into Gokukoku no Brynhildr, Chaika, and Black Bullet and visited their weekly threads. To my amazement, even though all three are adaptations and with the exception of a few minor criticisms, the vast majority of the comments were about the plot and in-universe of the anime. Obviously, the some of the critics there have managed to either get over any flaws or have dropped the anime. Why can't that happen here?

I know right? It's really sad thing to see

That's what I'm trying to tell all the people who watch the anime, both the LN readers and non-reader
May 10, 2014 11:28 PM

Jan 2009
So mibu misunderstood watanabe this whole time. This ep was meh…

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 10, 2014 11:44 PM

Jul 2013
Loved Erika vs Mibu
Erika is too awesome.
Just one more episode before the 9SC arc. >.<
May 10, 2014 11:44 PM

May 2010
Pain_is_love said:
Am I missing something? I thought this episode was disappointing considering the build-up in the last one..

Whoever told me to continue with this series just trolled me

yep this is show seems more and more like a waste to me aswell.
May 10, 2014 11:47 PM

Jan 2011
Yea, nothing special, but Miyuki didnt get much of a chance to be annoying. That made me increase the score to 7/10. Too bad there isnt any hope she dies so I doubt it will keep it :/
May 10, 2014 11:50 PM

Jul 2013
Holy shit the terrorists are so fucking inept (or just terribly unprepared?). They have a ring to jam magic but why were the students still able to use magic? It sure didn't take long to finish them. The supposed leader got taken down by one hit. Where the hell are course 1 students? the weeds are supposed to be weaker yet they are the one who thwart the attack. Why is Erika even in course 2? she's so fucking strong! She's even stronger than that senpai who's a course 1 student. What's Mibu's magic? why didn't she use her ability when facing Erika? They really need to re-evaluate how they judge which student is in course 1 or course 2.

That frame where Tatsuya and Miyuki were naked was so disturbing. I don't know which one is grosser, that one or the one where Tatsuya imagined himself and that muscular senpai naked.

millie10468 said:

This past week, I got into Gokukoku no Brynhildr, Chaika, and Black Bullet and visited their weekly threads. To my amazement, even though all three are adaptations and with the exception of a few minor criticisms, the vast majority of the comments were about the plot and in-universe of the anime. Obviously, the some of the critics there have managed to either get over any flaws or have dropped the anime. Why can't that happen here?]

Maybe because those anime aren't nearly as hyped? another thing is it also doesn't try too hard to look smart or deep like this anime. That's also why it's easier to point out the flaws.

I also don't know which thread you've been visiting, I saw a lot of people pointing flaws at Brynhildr and BB. Imo these two shows are just a little bit better than Mahouka but still terrible. Of course I believe it's mostly adaption problem as many things were left out in the anime. Mahouka probably suffered the most because of this and thus receive the most hate. Chaika is very simple yet quite entertaining and so far I only see people complaining about Chaika's speech but even that one seems to be getting its own explanation soon.
May 10, 2014 11:58 PM

Nov 2013
4/10 because the characters are pretty good looking
May 11, 2014 12:02 AM
Oct 2013
This is already episode 6 and some people still cannot got over "Onii-sama" in this anime? I really think they should make themselves a favor and drop this show because clearly in every episode discussion thread they will whine about the same thing..

The action pretty nice overall.. And they showed abilities of another characters which I'm really glad they did.. Some more abilities of Tatsuya there, wow, he's really a human weapon... Erika and Leo fighting scene is also quite good, seems fast paced but I didn't felt rushed as many of the LN and Manga readers mentioned.. Overall, the best episode of Mahouka to date..

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
NiyawaMay 15, 2014 9:42 PM
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
May 11, 2014 12:13 AM
Jan 2010
millie10468: Can't handle the heat? Get out of the fire.
It's also the fault of the fans of the light novels for excessively hyping the series.
May 11, 2014 12:15 AM

Mar 2013
I actually liked this episode, but it proved what I was worried about - this is a great concept with wonderful fight scenes, but the characters and infodump are bland and sort of unbearable, the MC and his sister especially. The only decent characters are the ones outside of the main four. Frankly this show would've been good if the characters were given a huge overhaul, and someone informed the original author that sibling love is in fact a thing, and doesn't involve wanting to rub your breasts all over your ~*~precious onii-chan~*~.
May 11, 2014 12:16 AM
Oct 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:
Holy shit the terrorists are so fucking inept (or just terribly unprepared?). They have a ring to jam magic but why were the students still able to use magic? It sure didn't take long to finish them. The supposed leader got taken down by one hit. Where the hell are course 1 students? the weeds are supposed to be weaker yet they are the one who thwart the attack. Why is Erika even in course 2? she's so fucking strong! She's even stronger than that senpai who's a course 1 student. What's Mibu's magic? why didn't she use her ability when facing Erika? They really need to re-evaluate how they judge which student is in course 1 or course 2.

Well, I believe they only use their physical abilities, they are not really dependent on magic because when they use cast jamming -the ring- (on-screen only) I didn't see anyone even Tatsuya or Erika use magic.. And I also believe based on the information I got from the anime, Mibu is not a Course 1 student, she is a WEED.. And clearly Erika is great at swordsmanship and she's better than Mibu, based on this alone I don't think they need to re-evaluate anything.. I strongly suggest you re-watch this episode and try to understand and grasp the information in it and what exactly they trying to deliver..
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
May 11, 2014 12:38 AM

Jul 2013
niknasr said:

Well, I believe they only use their physical abilities, they are not really dependent on magic because when they use cast jamming -the ring- (on-screen only) I didn't see anyone even Tatsuya or Erika use magic.. And I also believe based on the information I got from the anime, Mibu is not a Course 1 student, she is a WEED.. And clearly Erika is great at swordsmanship and she's better than Mibu, based on this alone I don't think they need to re-evaluate anything.. I strongly suggest you re-watch this episode and try to understand and grasp the information in it and what exactly they trying to deliver..

Erika used that self-acceleration magic and that big guy used some fortification magic. The ring seems to be only useful to thwart a long range magic, pretty useless and quite reckless to charge into a magic school just relying on that. I said it's the senpai who was a course one student. I was referring to Mari (I forgot her name) not Mibu. And yes they need to re-evaluate it because so far it seems that these course 2 students would have no problem defeating the course 1 students. The difference in magic ability doesn't seem to factor much into battle since physical ability has been much more prominent.
May 11, 2014 1:01 AM
Jul 2011
All this because she misheard her?........ok.....:/
May 11, 2014 1:01 AM

Dec 2011
jiraiya_sensei said:
niknasr said:

Erika used that self-acceleration magic and that big guy used some fortification magic. The ring seems to be only useful to thwart a long range magic, pretty useless and quite reckless to charge into a magic school just relying on that. I said it's the senpai who was a course one student. I was referring to Mari (I forgot her name) not Mibu. And yes they need to re-evaluate it because so far it seems that these course 2 students would have no problem defeating the course 1 students. The difference in magic ability doesn't seem to factor much into battle since physical ability has been much more prominent.

We didn't see it yet, but Mari is truly one of the strongest students in the school. If purely by magic, Erika and Leo wouldn't stand a chance. Sadly

By the way, in the fight, most of the students fighting were Course 1.

In Mahouka world, self-acceleration magic is quite standard. Meaning nearly everyone can use it, it's not that special. And I believe, the terrorists in front of the library didn't use the Antinite ring, only the ones inside the building were.

As for Mibu

You can say that so far, Course 2 students seem to be stronger than Course 1 students, but that's because we haven't seen them in battle yet.
May 11, 2014 1:09 AM
Apr 2014
Just a heads up; if you have high expectation on this show then drop it. As a LN reader this adaption is pretty much fail but I still watch it as a fan of the series so when Iam watching the anime I throw away my LN thinking and just focus on the anime; and its not bad if you think that way.

As for Erika b3ing a w3ed>she is pretty much a civillian 2yrs prior to the series. Meaning she may have a good heredity but if you only practice it for 2yrs of course you would be weak at magic, unlike Tatsuya and Miyuki who has practice magic when they were children.
May 11, 2014 1:23 AM
Oct 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:
niknasr said:

Cast jamming of the ring from what I can understand (correct me if I'm wrong) it cancelled the active sequence of the magic and it render the magic unusable at that time.. It's the same as Tatsuya's cast jamming.. I think it's in ep 3/4 when Tatsuya explained about it, in case of Erika after Mibu point that ring towards her, she seem cannot use her self-acceleration magic at that point.. So, more/less the magic is render useless so at that point in the match it's purely skills and abilities of swordsmen.. So, cast jamming is applied to all magic not just long range magic type.. As for Mari, yes I think she is weaker than Erika in terms of pure skills alone heck, she even said in terms of swordplay she's also weaker than Mibu but her magic make up for it.. If you look at previous episode, Tatsuya explained all about why he need to rewrite the sequence to Mizuki because in this First Mahouka Koukou the abilities to perform highly complex and the speed along with it is essential, and automatically denied the importance or priority of the strength although the better you are casting complex spell with faster speed the stronger you are.. In this case Erika and Tatsuya both only have talent for simple spell, if they want to do a complex spell they have to invest too much time writing active sequence which will hinder for instance magic formation or so when he is in the military.. So, in terms of that alone, the school has no need to re-evaluate it.. But they have the skills to back their lack of magic but you cannot say the same to all Course 2 students, so this cannot be use as an argument.. That's why a set evaluation have been establish to divide the students.. So, in simple terms it is talented vs not-talented, that's what I can get from the anime..
May 11, 2014 1:24 AM
Sep 2011
Nilfheim wasnt as i expected, from what i remember is she completely freezes all the people, almost killing them. In this all she did was give the dude frost bite on his hand...
May 11, 2014 1:43 AM
Apr 2014
pacify said:
Nilfheim wasnt as i expected, from what i remember is she completely freezes all the people, almost killing them. In this all she did was give the dude frost bite on his hand...

Maybe because Nilfheim wasn't used?
May 11, 2014 1:49 AM

Dec 2011
Vocah said:
pacify said:

Yes, it wasn't Niflheim. We will get to see it though
May 11, 2014 2:05 AM

Jul 2013
niknasr said:

Cast jamming of the ring from what I can understand (correct me if I'm wrong) it cancelled the active sequence of the magic and it render the magic unusable at that time.. It's the same as Tatsuya's cast jamming.. I think it's in ep 3/4 when Tatsuya explained about it, in case of Erika after Mibu point that ring towards her, she seem cannot use her self-acceleration magic at that point.. So, more/less the magic is render useless so at that point in the match it's purely skills and abilities of swordsmen.. So, cast jamming is applied to all magic not just long range magic type.. As for Mari, yes I think she is weaker than Erika in terms of pure skills alone heck, she even said in terms of swordplay she's also weaker than Mibu but her magic make up for it.. If you look at previous episode, Tatsuya explained all about why he need to rewrite the sequence to Mizuki because in this First Mahouka Koukou the abilities to perform highly complex and the speed along with it is essential, and automatically denied the importance or priority of the strength although the better you are casting complex spell with faster speed the stronger you are.. In this case Erika and Tatsuya both only have talent for simple spell, if they want to do a complex spell they have to invest too much time writing active sequence which will hinder for instance magic formation or so when he is in the military.. So, in terms of that alone, the school has no need to re-evaluate it.. But they have the skills to back their lack of magic but you cannot say the same to all Course 2 students, so this cannot be use as an argument.. That's why a set evaluation have been establish to divide the students.. So, in simple terms it is talented vs not-talented, that's what I can get from the anime..

Having the ability to cast complex magic doesn't seem to be that advantageous to me. Hattori was supposedly a top magic combatant but he mostly lost because can't keep up with Tatsuya's speed. Even if Tatsuya didn't knocked him out using magic, he could easily defeat him with physical attack. Same with Mari, even though as Alcowry said her magic is a lot stronger than Erika it remains to be seen if that's enough to overcome Erika's physical & sword-skill superiority. Mari aside, it's also possible that she can defeat most course 1 students even if she's just using simple magic.

In the end of the day, it all comes back to the purpose of Magic High School. The impression that I got is magicians are mostly used as soldiers and thus overall combat ability should be the priority. Instead of dividing based on who can use write magic sequence faster (which doesn't necessarily make the magician stronger), it's probably better to divide them based on their specialties. It's just ridiculous to have course 1 students discriminating course 2 students while once in a while you get some special cases like Tatsuya, Leo, or Erika who can easily trump most course 1 students. Perhaps they could even make a special class where all the specialized magicians gather. The problem with these people are they don't exactly belong to course 1 but also can't be considered untalented that they end up in course 2.
MoeGodMay 11, 2014 2:13 AM
May 11, 2014 2:19 AM

Jul 2013
alcrowry said:
Vocah said:
pacify said:

Yes, it wasn't Niflheim. We will get to see it though

Yes, the one in this episode is simple freezing magic, kinda like her usual icy aura. Nilfheim will have some kind of powerful surge of ice coming out of her, like the one shown in the OP.

May 11, 2014 2:20 AM

Dec 2011
jiraiya_sensei said:

Having the ability to cast complex magic doesn't seem to be that advantageous to me. Hattori was supposedly a top magic combatant but he mostly lost because can't keep up with Tatsuya's speed. Even if Tatsuya didn't knocked him out using magic, he could easily defeat him with physical attack. Same with Mari, even though as Alcowry said her magic is a lot stronger than Erika it remains to be seen if that's enough to overcome Erika's physical & sword-skill superiority. Mari aside, it's also possible that she can defeat most course 1 students even if she's just using simple magic.

In the end of the day, it all comes back to the purpose of Magic High School. The impression that I got is magicians are mostly used as soldiers and thus overall combat ability should be the priority. Instead of dividing based on who can use write magic sequence faster (which doesn't necessarily make the magician stronger), it's probably better to divide them based on their specialties. It's just ridiculous to have course 1 students discriminating course 2 students while once in a while you get some special cases like Tatsuya, Leo, or Erika who can easily trump most course 1 students.

Hattori lost because he underestimated Tatsuya, and he didn't know what he could do. If he knew, he might come up with some strategies to beat him. But then again, like you said, Tatsuya would probably come out on top, based on his other abilities.
Mari basically answered your question here, if with magic, there's no way she would lose a battle. But if it's pure sword battle, Sayaka and Erika would own her. If it's strictly a battle of magic, then both Sayaka and Erika would be wiped out in no time, not only by Mari but also by most of the students in Course 1.

It's true that overall combat ability should be the priority. But since this is a magic school, it's no wonder that they put the students based on their magic ability. After all, they're here to improve their magic ability firsthand. Would be different if this was a military school.
And for Tatsuya, Erika, and Leo cases, they're special cases, like you said. Doesn't mean that everyone in the Course 2 is the same.

Still, I get where your confusion came from. But I would say that's because we haven't seen any Course 1 students in action yet (aside from Hattori, but I wouldn't say that we truly saw his abilities back then).
May 11, 2014 2:21 AM

Apr 2012
LOL people are still defending this show...
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
May 11, 2014 3:10 AM
Jun 2010
the ironic part is, you require magic to use Antinite to prevent the use of magic. Just wanted to added, Antinite does not nullify magic but rather causes interference. It's very similar to the way wifi and interferences/noises work. If there is no interference, your wifi works just fine, but when there are so much interference, your wifi will have trouble and just can't establish a connection properly.

I haven't watch all the anime release this season nor will I try, but of all the anime out this season, I personally like Baby Step and No Game No Life better. I do download more anime than I have watched though, lol XD
LazyLuongMay 11, 2014 3:24 AM
May 11, 2014 3:12 AM

Jul 2012
BloodRequiem said:
LOL people are still defending this show...

Well they're fans. What'd you expect? I'm one too. But I see the futility of trying to convince people that hate these types of series cuz they just don't fit their tastes or the ones who jump on the bandwagon and bash every popular show so I don't react that much anymore. I'm not saying you're the latter btw. I'm not attempting to start a fight w/ those who dislike this series.

People are free to like/dislike shows so that's that. People are also free to be "opinionated" so fire away. In the end fans (true fans) will still like the show regardless of popular opinion and those who dislike it will probably continue to dislike it in the foreseeable future. No skin of either our backs really.

If there are no low blows like insulting someone else's tastes (Cuz, really, what's the point?) I think we can at least reach a compromise. There's always something to criticize so let's just all move on. Some might find this hypocritical but that's ok. Anyway that's it for my little rant. You're free to throw some flak but at least let me put on a safety helm kay.
swordstriker21May 11, 2014 3:26 AM
May 11, 2014 3:21 AM

May 2013
Mibu is an idiot for misunderstanding and not clearing it up for the past year I think. Tatsuya being cool as usual. Miyuki praising his brother. Mibu vs Erika. Easy fight for Erika.

Normal episode.
May 11, 2014 4:02 AM
Aug 2012
CreamZi said:
Mibu is an idiot for misunderstanding and not clearing it up for the past year I think. Tatsuya being cool as usual. Miyuki praising his brother. Mibu vs Erika. Easy fight for Erika.

Normal episode.

Well it's not entirely her fault.........you will find out next episode.

May 11, 2014 4:38 AM

Jul 2013
I kind of had an idea that 'car' wasn't going to be your everyday car xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
May 11, 2014 4:53 AM

May 2013
Eh, without Tatsuya show really would be much better. Some fans may say that he's awesome, but for me he is just annoying Gary Stu.

And those terrorists. Who is leading them? Because the one, which is doing that, definitely is an idiot. They have firearms, they have antinite (antimagic) rings... So what do they do? Turn off the rings and go fighting melee with military students. Seriously?
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
May 11, 2014 5:36 AM
Jan 2014
jakkubus said:
Eh, without Tatsuya show really would be much better. Some fans may say that he's awesome, but for me he is just annoying Gary Stu.

And those terrorists. Who is leading them? Because the one, which is doing that, definitely is an idiot. They have firearms, they have antinite (antimagic) rings... So what do they do? Turn off the rings and go fighting melee with military students. Seriously?
Not everyone had a ring lol, but yeah this arc tries too hard to make the main cast look cool by throwing them in the perfect situation so they can wreck.
May 11, 2014 5:55 AM
Aug 2012
jakkubus said:

When they use antinite rings, they can't use magic either. So it's either melee or firearms combat. Not everyone had a ring and firearm users were taken out. So melee is a pretty normal choice. The whole point of the fight was to create distractions and steal important research data.

Tatsuya makes this series awesome, i get it you are jealous of his badassery but no need to show it off.Learn the meaning of "Gary Stu" and don't use cheap words like that just because "He is OP" or "I don't like the characters".
Dragon_Slayer_XMay 11, 2014 6:05 AM

May 11, 2014 6:08 AM

Sep 2013
I really cracked up watching this episode. Some of those lines were so hilarious, my sister thought I had gone mad seeing how i was laughing like an evil overlord who just carried out his extremely sadistic plan.

But seriously, 'thats a good enough reason to risk your manhood'? Thats just too much. I'm waiting for a 'real men' quote from the elfman clone.
- My creativity is plummeting. -
May 11, 2014 6:32 AM

May 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
jakkubus said:

When they use antinite rings, they can't use magic either. So it's either melee or firearms combat. Not everyone had a ring and firearm users were taken out. So melee is a pretty normal choice. The whole point of the fight was to create distractions and steal important research data.

Tatsuya makes this series awesome, i get it you are jealous of his badassery but no need to show it off.Learn the meaning of "Gary Stu" and don't use cheap words like that just because "He is OP" or "I don't like the characters".

They have enough rings to give them to students and they rather aren't high class magicians, so there is no point in engaging in magic battles. I can understand fighting hand to hand in narrow corridors, but doing it outside? It's just stupid, especially when they can use guns.

Tatsuya isn't just OP. He is the world's smartest person and strongest magician. Also he is the most skillful HtH combatant shown in series. He's flaws? They are insignificant. The lack of emotions he exhibits cannot be really considered as hindrance. It doesn't backfire on him in social life, combat or studying.

It's not that I hate Mahouka, but it really isn't perfect and has some flaws (the biggest is MC).
May 11, 2014 6:35 AM

Sep 2013
jakkubus said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
jakkubus said:

They have enough rings to give them to students and they rather aren't high class magicians, so there is no point in engaging in magic battles. I can understand fighting hand to hand in narrow corridors, but doing it outside? It's just stupid, especially when they can use guns.

Tatsuya isn't just OP. He is the world's smartest person and strongest magician. Also he is the most skillful HtH combatant shown in series. He's flaws? They are insignificant. The lack of emotions he exhibits cannot be really considered as hindrance. It doesn't backfire on him in social life, combat or studying.

It's not that I hate Mahouka, but it really isn't perfect and has some flaws (the biggest is MC).
Not to mention, his lack of emotions seem to be something there just for the heck of it. As far as anime is concerned, in 6 eps, he's shown more emotions than some other main characters who aren't as handicapped as him have shown in the entire course of their shows.
May 11, 2014 6:42 AM

Sep 2012
LOL, Mibu is such an idiot, how is it even possible to misunderstand such a simple sentence? What's even more hilarious is how Mari just said "No, no... I've never said that." and Mibu believed her just like that after being so sure of what she heard during that much time and even joining a terrorist organization because of that. Really!?

Also, I really disliked how this discrimination problem is dealt with. One of the first thing we saw was some course 1 students that would prevent Miyuki to walk home with her brother because he was a course 2 students, and now we're supposed to believe that most discrimination only happened inside the course 2 students' head, and that they're mostly manipulated. Fuck that!
May 11, 2014 6:47 AM

May 2013
SetsukoHara said:
LOL, Mibu is such an idiot, how is it even possible to misunderstand such a simple sentence? What's even more hilarious is how Mari just said "No, no... I've never said that." and Mibu believed her just like that after being so sure of what she heard during that much time and even joining a terrorist organization because of that. Really!?

Also, I really disliked how this discrimination problem is dealt with. One of the first thing we saw was some course 1 students that would prevent Miyuki to walk home with her brother because he was a course 2 students, and now we're supposed to believe that most discrimination only happened inside the course 2 students' head, and that they're mostly manipulated. Fuck that!

It wasn't misunderstanding.

About discrimination: You've got a point there.
May 11, 2014 6:51 AM
Aug 2012
jakkubus said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
jakkubus said:

I believe some of us explained that normal guns don't work on magicians and special caliber weapons doesn't always have 100% chance to penetrate the data fortification naturally present on magicians (previous episode thread). Also the ring part is exaggerated in the anime, there weren't that many rings in the LN or manga, just a few. But hey whatever floats your boat man, i mean you guys live to complain rather than enjoying a show right?

And you made that statement just after watching six episodes? He isn't the smartest but one of the smartest people. Neither he is the strongest, because he has a lot of handicaps and there are people he can't defeat as he himself admitted. He hasn't won against his sensei yet in hand-to-hand combat, he actually got beaten up in the first episode.

He is OP but not as much as you are thinking him to be. As for his lack of emotions which some people think is there just for the heck of it(?), it's going to be explained in episode 8 or 9. I don't have a problem with someone hating it, but using cheap words like "Gary Stu" when you aren't even given a character's background or just because you "dislike" him is something i find pathetic.

May 11, 2014 6:55 AM

Feb 2014
Deiger1111 said:
Not to mention, his lack of emotions seem to be something there just for the heck of it. As far as anime is concerned, in 6 eps, he's shown more emotions than some other main characters who aren't as handicapped as him have shown in the entire course of their shows.

No. His lack of emotions are not 'there just for the heck of it'.
May 11, 2014 7:06 AM
Apr 2012
6th fantastic episode in a row. Some great action this episode, Erika and Leo were badass with the former having a nice albeit short clash with Mibu. Miyuki and Tatsuya bossed it again. Mibu's misunderstanding was logical. Into Blanches hideout now.
May 11, 2014 7:16 AM

May 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
jakkubus said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
jakkubus said:

I believe some of us explained that normal guns don't work on magicians and special caliber weapons doesn't always have 100% chance to penetrate the data fortification naturally present on magicians (previous episode thread). Also the ring part is exaggerated in the anime, there weren't that many rings in the LN or manga, just a few. But hey whatever floats your boat man, i mean you guys live to complain rather than enjoying a show right?

And you made that statement just after watching six episodes? He isn't the smartest but one of the smartest people. Neither he is the strongest, because he has a lot of handicaps and there are people he can't defeat as he himself admitted. He hasn't won against his sensei yet in hand-to-hand combat, he actually got beaten up in the first episode.

He is OP but not as much as you are thinking him to be. As for his lack of emotions which some people think is there just for the heck of it(?), it's going to be explained in episode 8 or 9. I don't have a problem with someone hating it, but using cheap words like "Gary Stu" when you aren't even given a character's background or just because you "dislike" him is something i find pathetic.

So guns don't work but bare hands or sword yes? You know it sounds stupid?
That's why they have antinite. To prevent from casting spells and dispel them (Leo's Data Fortification included). They just need one or two ring and some firearms to stomp most of fighting students outside.

How he isn't smartest?

How he isn't strongest?

I already know explanation of his emotional problem, but it really can't be considered as hindrance. He isn't OP, he is just poorly developed character.
May 11, 2014 7:23 AM
Aug 2012
jakkubus said:
How he isn't strongest?

jakkubus said:

I already know explanation of his emotional problem, but it really can't be considered as hindrance. He isn't OP, he is just poorly developed character.

Poorly developed? Seriously? Are you going to say the OP characters can't have development next?

Dude that's your personal opinion not a fact. I like how is character is developing in the LN. I am pretty sure many LN readers would agree.
Dragon_Slayer_XMay 11, 2014 7:30 AM

May 11, 2014 7:31 AM

May 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
jakkubus said:

Poorly developed? Seriously? Are you going to say the OP characters can't have development next?

Dude that's your personal opinion not a fact. I like how is character is developing in the LN. I am pretty sure many LN readers would agree.

Of course OP characters can be well developed too (e.g. Gilgamesh from Fate). But sadly Tatsuya isn't. I don't know, maybe Tatsuya in LN is different person, but this one from anime or manga is nothing special.

And if you insist, that he is not Gary Stu, maybe elaborate a bit and tell why you think so?

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

jakkubusMay 11, 2014 7:40 AM
May 11, 2014 7:35 AM
Aug 2012
jakkubus said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
jakkubus said:

Of course OP characters can be well developed too (e.g. Gilgamesh from Fate). But sadly Tatsuya isn't. I don't know, maybe Tatsuya in LN is different person, but this one from anime or manga is nothing special.

And if you insist, that he is not Gary Stu, maybe elaborate a bit and tell why you think so?

I am curious. How many manga chapters did you actually read? Upto the first few chapters of the 9SC arc. That is only the start of volume 3? You know there are 13 volumes right? Your assumption of Tatsuya being a "Gary Stu" or "Poorly developed character" is only based on that? Sigh............

May 11, 2014 7:38 AM

Sep 2013
stealthdasher said:
Deiger1111 said:

No. His lack of emotions are not 'there just for the heck of it'.
That statement was based solely on what was shown in the anime so far.
May 11, 2014 7:42 AM

May 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
I am curious. How many manga chapters did you actually read? Upto the first few chapters of the 9SC arc. That is only the start of volume 3? You know there are 13 volumes right? Your assumption of Tatsuya being a "Gary Stu" or "Poorly developed character" is only based on that? Sigh............

Well you can check it yourself.
Also I mentioned that I am talking mostly about anime&manga. He is really that different in LN version?
jakkubusMay 11, 2014 7:46 AM
May 11, 2014 7:45 AM

Oct 2013
jakkubus said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
jakkubus said:

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Anime is now 6 out of 26 episodes, manga is barely 6 out of 13 volumes scanlated currently, LN is 13 out of a planned 26 volumes. Whichever way you look at it, I feel it's too early to be complaining that the MC is underdeveloped or that
May 11, 2014 8:02 AM

Dec 2011
jakkubus said:

How he isn't strongest?

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.