Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 10, 2014 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, this episode got weird. I mean, the scene with the running naked.

The counter trap was kinda amusing I guess. The ending kinda felt hollow. It was classic Shaft.
May 10, 2014 8:28 AM

Aug 2012
This episode was pretty good.

Love that card battle sequence
XushuMay 10, 2014 8:32 AM
May 10, 2014 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
Yup, that was good. Also LOL, That card battle!
Takane and Haruka next ep~ also Konoha was pretty cool too. Those snakes..
removed-userMay 10, 2014 1:27 PM
May 10, 2014 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Yep, that card battle was hilarious!
May 10, 2014 8:34 AM

Apr 2014
Now that is how an episode should be done.

So many random SHAFTy things; the card battle, hibiya and hiyori being kidnapped, konoha ripping a van apart? Though definitely on a much better scale than the last episode.

I really liked the short references scattered through this episode, shintaro's computer files, the flashback when shintaro looked into konoha's eyes, remembering ayaka at the graveyard, the black snakes coming out of the van. The bigger plot should be opening to all of the new viewers now.

Dialogue was meh from me, the characters still seemed to talk in the same mono-tome voice they carried with them in the previous episodes with the exception of Momo, Ene and Shintaro.

If they continue with episodes 6-12 matching with this episode then this anime can still prove to be one of the best.
May 10, 2014 8:39 AM
Nov 2012
Shaft is doing the anime as a whole instead of going arc per arc I guess, that's what I get from the pacing of the anime. And they've actually left quiet a lot for the next episode from Kaien Panzermast, this is an incomplete episode but like I said, they're going for answers in the last few episodes and by the time it's airing things will be confusing and such especially for those who don't know about the source material>

Anyway, thoughts on the episode. Art is much better than the last 4 eps, and I believe it'll keep improving. The story's a bit rushed but well we only have 12 eps to finish everything off so yea. They're finally discovering further into the past of Mekakushi Dan and oh yeah, DAT KONOHA THO.

Looking forward to more plot twists.
May 10, 2014 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
"Ayano-chan..?"
BYE

Well, this episode was waaaay better than the former. KONOHA. SHINAYA. AYANO. //YUUKEI YESTESDAY INTENSIFIES//
I'm ahgdhejdbsjhjzgedhejd-ing right now.
May 10, 2014 9:21 AM

Nov 2012
Better than last episode (which was an easy task to accomplish seeing how bad it was),but still not too impressive.

Hmm,would have thought the animated snakes would have looked better considering Shaft animated the snakes from Monogatari...

"Ayano-chan..."
VanishingKiraMay 10, 2014 2:22 PM
May 10, 2014 10:32 AM

Nov 2012
My faith in this series has been restored.

It seems odd numbered episodes are set in the "present" and even numbered episodes explore the characters' pasts.
May 10, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2013
Darkhur said:
My faith in this series has been restored.

It seems odd numbered episodes are set in the "present" and even numbered episodes explore the characters' pasts.

yeah, excited for next week :D

May 10, 2014 11:06 AM

May 2012
Okay episode.

Not exciting happened. Unless you count Konoha going super mode. This episode felt more of a bonding episode with some comic relief to it.

Next episode seems like its Headphone Actors. Wonder how this is going to turn out. I really love the story behind the song, but not going to get my hopes up. Learned that from last episode.
May 10, 2014 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
That moment when you realize that it was right to keep believing...
May 10, 2014 11:12 AM

Sep 2013
lol all the way!

even that the episode wasnt about a song i still like it :)

and konaj going super mode :P

i love it!!

and next time headphone actor, one of my favorites songs!!!
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
May 10, 2014 11:15 AM

Jul 2010
Ene too good xD Ene's summoning.
The poem was kinda cute!
Konoha with that super human strength!
So the girl in Shintaro's dream, Ayano is the founder of the group. Really curious as Kido described her as strong yet she suicides!
May 10, 2014 11:17 AM

Aug 2013
Mina-yan said:
Yep, that card battle was hilarious!

lol i agree
My Candies:
May 10, 2014 11:19 AM

Aug 2010
Finally a good ep ^^ It's all about the Mekakushi-Dan being together :)

Lol'd at how Mary just went in when Shintaro was in Dogeza pose in his underwear XD

EPIC card game XD Ene's bare leg attack and Dat Kano Mary poem >.< So KAWAII <3 I died XD

Lol'd so much at Shintaro in denial and his fantasy of running like a girl in the flower bed XD

Poor Shintaro meeting Konoha and getting involved in a kidnapping XD The guy is cursed XD Konoha action was awesomely BA! So the snake appeared :O

The ending was nice! Ene's reaction to Ayano being the founder hehe ^^

Can't wait for Takane and Haruka nxt ep >.<
Barion-ZaraMay 10, 2014 11:24 AM
May 10, 2014 11:22 AM

Jan 2014
FatefulLove said:
Ene too good xD Ene's summoning.
The poem was kinda cute!
Konoha with that super human strength!
So the girl in Shintaro's dream, Ayano is the founder of the group. Really curious as Kido described her as strong yet she suicides!

There's a good reason for it.
This episode was a huge improvement to the others. Can't wait for headphone actor next week!

May 10, 2014 11:37 AM

Aug 2012
Those Angel Beats homages.
May 10, 2014 11:44 AM

Dec 2013
i have a feeling this "ayano" from city actors is the reason that main guy became a NEET 2 years ago because, she died two years ago and Ene knew who she was just looking at her. Since shes the closest to the main guy she would know if the have some kind of past together also
May 10, 2014 11:45 AM

Jun 2013
I really liked this episode. Especially the Konoha scene! /blush/ I can't help it, I just really love him. Also, I wonder why his eyes turned red even though he didn't use his ability? Unless they changed his ability for the anime, idk.. cause his ability isn't being super strong.

And ah, I can't wait till we see Haruka and Takane next week! Really excited for that..
May 10, 2014 11:52 AM

May 2013
I noticed that Shintaro's eye turns red when Konoha leaps towards him. o_o
May 10, 2014 11:53 AM

Apr 2012
For a hardcore SHAFT fan like me to give 1/5 on this episode, I wonder if that means something.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 10, 2014 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
The card battle was interesting and dat poem...
Pretty good episode,I would say that it was better than the previous one.
So far,my favourite character is definitely Kido.
May 10, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2010
Well, that was actually not that bad! I was worried that after previous episode (second part of it to be exact) everything is going to be on similiar level = really average.They are taking way different route than manga or novel did tho, i wonder if it's going to work out.Next episode (Headphone Actor) is going to be kinda important, hopefully they won't ruin it.Waiting.

Konoha :D
May 10, 2014 12:04 PM

Nov 2011
its now getting interesting
Hate Keeps me warm
May 10, 2014 12:11 PM

Oct 2007
lol I love how people have been saying this show is getting better and more interesting for like a month now and then it just slides back into chaotic attempts at symbolism over what amounts to a teen angst novella the very next episode and honestly never really moves beyond the awkward pacing of the first half and the sort of goings on of the second half with usually botched goofy looking attempts at symbolism over nothing of real importance even at the best of times.

Don't worry guys, it wasn't THAT terrible this week, see it's getting better....honest....
May 10, 2014 12:16 PM

Apr 2012
Still confused .-. Still many loose ends. Show doesn't feel like it has established any stable direction as of yet. Overall average episode.

Also i like Kido's hoodie.

May 10, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
Ene makes my day. So glad she's finally in the episodes! I can't wait to find out more about Ayano.
May 10, 2014 12:33 PM

Dec 2013
This is what I've been waiting for, since the first episode. Ene arcs are the best arcs. I haven't paid too much attention on the story, so Ayano was Shintaro's former classmate whose death made him go neet and from her death she sends Ene to Shintaro's PC. That's the image I've got about the story.

The last minutes of story telling, what a waste of time . . .
May 10, 2014 12:35 PM
Jan 2014
Its funny how air-headed Konoha can be while in a regular conversation, but when things get serious he doesn't dissapoint.
ResidentMay 10, 2014 12:41 PM
May 10, 2014 12:38 PM

Jan 2014
The series is finally getting interesting. Although this episode focused way to much on it's Shaft-ish animation, with the weird yet awesome transitions.
The mekakushi dan is getting bigger, they are like modern day power rangers XD
With the colorful jackets and what not....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2014 12:41 PM

Apr 2014
Frankly I thought this episode was fantastic.

I love all the hints they dropped for later on in the series, like Konoha being 'a character from a game'. X)

And it really is best when the whole Dan are together. Makes it so much more fun!

Konoha action scene was awesome, and I'm really looking forward to Headphone Actor next week!!!!!! Though for some reason I imagined Takane's voice to be more like IA's and Haruka's to be more boyish, but as long as the episode's good, eh?
May 10, 2014 12:43 PM

Jun 2013
Next episode is Headphone Actor

Then the official anime site revealed that
after Headphone Actor, we get Konoha's State of the World
and then, Lost Time Memory

[breathing intensifies]

====

Finally, we get another good-quality episode of MCA *u*
Ohh, ohh, hinted foreshadowing!

I lol-ed at Shintaro's "I made friends!" scene xD
Ene is definitely troublesome. And the contents of Shintaro's secret folder - revealed!

Best scene in the episode is definitely Konoha's rescue. Damn truck, why do you keep getting in the way.
UitchouMay 10, 2014 1:55 PM
May 10, 2014 12:43 PM

Apr 2014
Although... Shintaro should be skinny, pale and flabby when topless, not the opposite. XD
May 10, 2014 12:58 PM

Jul 2010
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:
Next episode is Headphone Actor

Then the official anime site revealed that
after Headphone Actor, we get Konoha's State of the World
and then, Lost Time Memory

[breathing intensifies]
I can already see people wtf'ing all over place after they see Lost Time Memory.Well, Konoha's State of the World as well...looking forward to see comments lolol.
May 10, 2014 1:12 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was much better, made me laugh a lot. So much Ene.
They better not mess up Headphone Actor.
wow gay
May 10, 2014 1:14 PM

Nov 2013
Great episode, in my opinion. Much better artwork then the previous ones. Is Shaft doing this on purpose, or is Shaft just being Shaft?

And that card battle. Nothing can be said at its epic randomness. I shall never look at sunfishes the same way again.

So if they do Headphone Actor, Konoha's State of the World, then Lost Time Memory...that still leaves 4 episodes. I don't know what all of them will be, but hopefully we'll get Outer Science and Summertime Record.
Everything's gonna be daijoubu.
May 10, 2014 1:18 PM

Sep 2013
Shintaro became a NEET 2 years ago. Ayano, exleader of Mekakushi-Dan, died 2 years ago. Ene knows Ayano.

A lot of evidences.
GelatinaMay 10, 2014 1:36 PM
May 10, 2014 1:37 PM

Sep 2013
This was somewhat better; I didn't like seeing Shintaro getting beat up because of Ene but that's forgivable since the rest was kind of cool. Ene vs Kano: a battle decided by who's the bigger asshole XD Sucks that it was interrupted, I would've wanted to know the winner of such a battle.

Beyond that, the backgrounds still piss me off; the cemetery that they went to looks almost nothing like a cemetery. If anything, only the graves make it look like one but they look more like tablets than anything else.

Welp, the architecture of Edgia is too futuristic for me to appreaciate its beauty I guess.

Putting that aside, Konoha might be the best thing in the entire anime. The most interesting parts of this episode were all of Konoha's parts that I wanted to see instead of the Mekakushi Dan going to see Ayano's grave. Because of that, I'll stick around only for Konoha since I'm not that hyped for Headphone Actor but that's not really because of the anime so yeah...

At least this episode was better than the others which was quite surprising since I thought that this was going to be shitty filler like with Kyoukai no Kanata. I guess I won't give this a 3 for now...
May 10, 2014 1:42 PM

Apr 2014
best episode so far, so many hilarious moments, card fight, poem and Ene in general :D this show needs more Ene... just saying
May 10, 2014 2:02 PM

Nov 2012
What the hell, that guy is so strong.
May 10, 2014 2:03 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was so hilarious and emotional my heart hurts a little...
"Ayano-chan?"

Finally, things are connecting~ IS2G when Konoha activated his powers I thought
Oh god I was so scared...
May 10, 2014 2:19 PM

Dec 2011
At last, a rather interesting episode.

It's great to see that Hibiya is alright, but him and Asahina were being abducted and Konoha had to save them.

So the founder of Mekakushi-dan is someone Ene knew before.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 10, 2014 2:46 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Headphone Actor \o/
Excited for next episode, thought I thought they would do Yuukei Yesterday first.

This was a great episode, laughed a lot.
MARY GOT SCREEN TIME, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
SetoMary moments
Ayano's Theory Of Happiness looks to be promising now because of this episode.
A bit confused with Konoha's part, the power of hebi and what not.
May 10, 2014 2:56 PM

Oct 2012
After last week left me slightly disappointed this week brought me right back on board. Ene and Shintaro really are great and made this episode so much funnier, of course with help from Mary and the others too.

The card fight was hilarious, I hope though next week is good too because I've felt a trend where episode 1,3,5 have been quite good but 2 and 4 were a little lacking (so every second episode). Either way I'm looking forward to it!
May 10, 2014 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
It was a pretty good episode.

Lol at Marry just went in and saw Shintaro in his boxer.

That's Marry's Secret Poem Stash part was so funny.

Lol at how Shintaro's fantasy of how he ran like a girl in the flower bed.
May 10, 2014 4:27 PM

May 2013
Shintaro really likes dem thighs. I wonder why Ayano killed herself and how Shintaro knows her. Charaters aren't really growing on me and the show seems kinda dull so far. My favorite episode is still the third one.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
May 10, 2014 4:42 PM
Jul 2010
So, if I had to make a timeline from episode 1 - 5, it'll be like:

Episode 2: Momo is a super-popular idol who is troubled with her "Captivating" abilities. After she made her escape along with Hibiya, who is separated from her later on, she is found by Kido, Mekakushi Dan's leader, and then is brought to the Dan.

Episode 1 and 3: They go to a supermarket, but it was hijacked. They helped Shintaro, who is "coincidentally" inside the market too.

Episode 4.1: Branching from episode 2 starts Hibiya's story. Currently he is in the big city with Hiyori who stays in Kenjirou's place.

Episode 5.1: Hibiya and Hiyori go out during a summer day. Since they are not coming back, Konoha becomes worried and then go out to search for them. With Shintaro's help, who is running away from the Dan, they found him but the kids were about to be kidnapped. Konoha jumps in and saved the two, but a van drifted off and hit the three. Thus they were brought into Kagerou Days.

Episode 4.2: Hibiya and Hiyori were trapped in the loop while Konoha tried to save them (Probably will be explained in episode 7: Konoha's State of World)

Episode 5.2: Meanwhile, the rest of the Dan went to previous Dan's leader's grave. When Kido showed a photo, Ene was shocked.

I think this should do so far...
May 10, 2014 4:52 PM

Sep 2013
CAN'T WAIT FOR HEADPHONE ACTOR

May 10, 2014 4:53 PM
Oct 2012
gilayans said:
Shaft is doing the anime as a whole instead of going arc per arc I guess, that's what I get from the pacing of the anime.

Haven't seen or read the original, but that was the feeling I got from the first episode, that is why I haven't been complaining about this being weird or not making sense. What you have, I believe are a bunch of lines that seem separate but are starting to converge as they approach the horizon, thus things are starting to come into focus.

Isn't the creator of the work involved with the project? If so people should have more faith in such things. It shows that the rest of the production crew is in it for the long haul.

If this proves to be the case, then I hope all the complainers will come here to apologize to Shaft for having the guts to do this as a series instead of a bunch of fan pleasing crap. I am curious to see where this is going, and of course Shaft animation makes it fun to watch while waiting through all the exposition.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.