Forum Settings
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2014 6:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ah the mood of this chapter...

But yes, I also believe in Yato as well for his choices, especially his choice as a partner with Yukine. The same answer will be given by Yukine too. It was also nice to see hear a little more about Yato's past. The more you know.
Stark700May 9, 2014 6:36 PM
May 9, 2014 7:00 PM

Oct 2013
I knew that guy was no good...
Kinda creepy to think that an extremely old guy/sorcerer/Yato's 'father' kissed Hiyori.
May 9, 2014 7:43 PM
Jun 2013
Troll, lol, was waiting for kid Ebisu to call Bishamon "pervy-san".
May 9, 2014 7:45 PM

Jul 2008
"He will come crawling back" Lol he sounds like an ex-girlfriend whose still in love with him. xD
May 9, 2014 8:47 PM

May 2012
Dat wallpaper!

Glad that Yato talk to Yukine and Hiyori about what he been through. That ending was unexpected. So Yato's father is a high schooler. No wait I think I missed something.
May 9, 2014 9:21 PM

Jul 2010
How dare he steal Hiyori 's first Kiss !?!
I am angrier than angry dad
I loved all the parts from Yukine, the stab by stab and that Yato hand was shaking.
May 9, 2014 9:31 PM

Dec 2008
WOW such a great chapter! So many funny and sweet moments. I loved it when Yukine was beating up Yato haha! OH and I loved how Yukine and Hiyori were making fun of Yato too lol
May 9, 2014 10:15 PM

May 2013
Good chapter. Yato seems really different now.
May 10, 2014 2:29 AM
Jan 2014
Lol, that wallpaper of Bisha :D.
Yukine is so loyal to Yato now.
It's nice to see that he is able to forgive him for everything and still remain on his side.
Yukine's character developement is outstanding.
May 10, 2014 5:15 AM

Aug 2010
Great and fun chap :D

Dat wallpaper :3

Lol'd so much at Kazuma and Viina's reactions to pervey-san from Ebisu XD So innocent hahaha

Poor Yato getting brutally smashed by his broken cash bottle XD Yukine! Have mercy hahaha

Finally Yato tells them :D Lol'd so much at how Yukine made fun of how he released Hiiro, shaking and all XDXDXD

And as usual loving Yukine's development telling him he'll stay with him.

Hiyori comforting him with that smile was so cute <3 OTP <3

Shit will get real when Yato finds out about the kiss though. His dad needs to die!!!

Lol'd so much at the koma parts esp the Doujinshi with Ebisu reading it XD
May 10, 2014 12:29 PM

Mar 2012
It's a real role reversal between Yato and Yukine! At the beginning, Yato was mentor/father to the brat, Yukine. After Yukine's cleansing, continual character growth, and evolution to a blessed shinki, Yato is now relying on Yukine for guidance.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
May 10, 2014 2:56 PM

Feb 2014
Nice chapter.

Yukine's developement is incredible.

Good explanation about Yato's father.

I wonder if he kissed Hiyori before or after the possession.
SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE MONEY!
May 10, 2014 8:53 PM

Nov 2012
Surprised that Yato's dad was that one guy.And that he stole Hiyori's first kiss,which is kinda creepy when you think about it...
May 11, 2014 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
How do you guys think Yato's father is doing to keep himself alive? I can understand that he gave a name to Yato just by wishing something mean, as gods are created by people's wishes. But damn, his relationship with Hiiro and Yato is beyond me.

I can't wait to read more.
May 11, 2014 6:16 PM

Sep 2013
trillo69 said:
How do you guys think Yato's father is doing to keep himself alive? I can understand that he gave a name to Yato just by wishing something mean, as gods are created by people's wishes. But damn, his relationship with Hiiro and Yato is beyond me.

I can't wait to read more.

That was mentioned in the chapter, Yato's father is a human and also the sorcerer, so he keeps himself alive through possessing bodies (similar to divine possession)
May 12, 2014 9:53 AM

Oct 2013
Ah these lighthearted chapters are so good..

Lol'd so much when Yukine smashed that cash bottle and Yato, beating him up.

Shota Ebisu calling Bishamon pervy-san and she was herself so pissed. xD

Looks like Kazuma and Tenjin interrogating didn't help much. Well..shit's got real now that the gods are enemies with Yato's Father.

I thought Yato was a demi-god but good thing my confusion cleared up now. Looks like he was a god since birth.

And it seems that Yato's father is using some sort of divine possession (body exchange technique) to live on forever. I wonder if the real Fujisaki died in the process of exchanging souls.

Last page foreshadowing..Daddy vs Yato? Some mindfucks needs to be explained more.
May 13, 2014 2:39 AM

May 2010
Another lame lighthearted foolish idiotic chapter of yato. ugh...atleast some promise in the end.
May 15, 2014 8:25 AM
Dec 2013
So Yato's dad was the one who stole that kiss! Wtf! Yato's dad is a creep.
I'm looking forward to more YatoxHiyori moments
Aug 27, 2014 4:16 AM

Mar 2012
Old father took hiyori's first kiss. Mind blown
Nov 12, 2014 7:13 PM

Nov 2009
ninja88880 said:
Old father took hiyori's first kiss. Mind blown
Hahaha I didn't even think about that.

Anyways, I wonder if Nora is actually their "father's" real daughter, who became a Shinki after her death. That would make sense, especially if he made Yato for that purpose.
Nov 18, 2014 9:09 PM

Aug 2013
Human + God + Shinki = one big happy family.
I don't want to even remember that kiss. What was the author thinking ?
Baby Ebi calling Bisha pervy-san was the best part. XD
Nov 24, 2014 1:37 PM
Mar 2012
What...the.... ?!

Does he know about Hiyoris connection with his "son"? He must - this can't be coincidence, can it?
Feb 8, 2015 7:06 AM
Nov 2013
ItalodeM said:

I wonder if he kissed Hiyori before or after the possession.

THAT, GUYS
THAT'S THE QUESTION
Feb 25, 2015 1:55 AM

Jan 2013
I want that wallpaper too.
Oh god, that pervy-chan better be a regular thing.
And Yato's father living by using possession, as expected.
Oct 1, 2015 8:45 PM

Jul 2013
I really love how Yato made the decision to open up and tell them about himself and his situation (instead of trying to keep it a secret).It's also nice how he's trying to return the trust that Yukine has in him.
So it seems because Yato's father is a sorcerer he was able to perform a ritual that allows him to possess a body.It seems like he's planning to target Hiyori because there really is no other reason wh yhe would be at her school.

-Resident- said:

Yukine is so loyal to Yato now.
It's nice to see that he is able to forgive him for everything and still remain on his side.
Yukine's character developement is outstanding.

Yeah I really love how Yukine has grown and matured and besides Yato had pretty much stood by him as a shinki in the beginning despite the fact that he was so troublesome so I guess it's Yukine's turn to return the favor.
Jul 17, 2016 5:53 PM
Oct 2011
ahxiian said:

I don't want to even remember that kiss. What was the author thinking ?
It's probably showing us more of Father's abusive/controlling tendencies. Yato tried to gain a little freedom of his own, what does Father do? Attack Hiyori the source of his freedom.
There have been hints before but it is obvious now Yato is an abused child. And all those narcissistic tendencies of his just mask his low sense of self worth.
May 4, 2018 3:11 PM

Sep 2017
Volume 10 end.

Kazuma has been quite the horny shinki, putting sexy Bishamon as his wallpaper and also buying 18+ Bishamon doujinshi from Yato. I would wanna read one of these. And the pit sink hold sequence was funny.

Ebisu is quite spoiled, calling Bishamon pervy san(Crazy chick in the anime). Glad I finished the manga till which the anime is complete.

About Yato's father, I have a theory. Maybe since humans and spirits are connected by 'death', the line which Yato warns not to pass, and considering all Gods share the same mother, who is the god of the underworld, I think all gods were conceived by people's wishes(unwittingly) and were borne by the underworld mother god(who is invincible against other gods, because she was the one who conceived them). For instance, since Ebisu was the god of fortune, he would have been conceived maybe by a Stone Age hunter who wished for luck in hunting. That hunter would have become the father and underworld god as the mother. They gave rise to Ebisu. Similarly, all the gods were borne by human wishes, along with Ebisu(like Bishamon). The god's fathers eventually died, being mortal humans, hence they don't emphasize it that much. The gods also stopped being born a long time ago, so no one really cared for it that much.

So, in order to handle spirits which impede human wishes(because they get corrupted by humanly temptations after death), gods came to human world, and appointed shinki(newly formed uncorrupted spirits, like newborn babies ) which allowed them to navigate and understand the human world. A similar thing could have happened with Yato's dad. Maybe Yato's dad was originally the dad of Hiki when she was alive. Then suddenly, when Hiki was about to die, he could have explored the spirit world and after learning, wished for a god in order to protect Hiki and appoint her as shinki when she dies. But when she was shinki, Yato's dad became evil, having nothing to live for and decided to restrain Yato to not become a fully fledged god who won't obey him any longer. He used him for his personal vendetta, like helping other people for favors. At the same time, he used Hiki to become a stray, the Nora, so that she would become immensely powerful to that effect.

Anyway, that is just my theory. I like this manga very much.

BEST MANGA MOMENT OF ALL TIME.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Dec 7, 2020 9:11 PM

Feb 2009
Holy shit Yato's dad turned out to be NTR dude LOL

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Chapter 69 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2016

18 by Kevin_Forero »»
Apr 19, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Noragami Chapter 109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joel77 - Jan 5

63 by sweetofmilk »»
Apr 7, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Did the ending meet expectations?

Spider-Man94 - Jan 15

14 by gswelcome »»
Mar 13, 1:45 PM

» About Father

robal15 - Jan 25

2 by robal15 »»
Jan 25, 4:19 AM

» Chapter count

Veck8699 - Jan 20

2 by TheColdMayor »»
Jan 21, 1:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.