Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2009 12:31 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode is alright i guess, but it's good to see Iceman back in a BigFoot again^^ Dan is still not awake, but at least he has Rouge to take care of him XD James and Haruka actually hold hands, so they still have a good relationship with one another. I'm not sure what Miyuki was planning there, if Dan didn't open his eyes then we would have a tragedy there.
ShanaFlameSep 18, 2009 12:41 AM
Sep 19, 2009 5:36 AM
Mar 2009
A blue space butterfly. Really now, is that the best they could come up with for transportation to the moon? And it's powered by singing. How much crazier can you get.

On another note, it's really cool to see Iceman again, and it looks like he's doing all right too.
Sep 19, 2009 8:29 AM

Jun 2009
With each episode this anime is better and better. Butterfly was weird, but that is what I love in this anime, you don't exactly know what will happen next. Only one thing is annoying me: size of ball's light. Just what size is entire planet that you can see it on 1/4 planet area from moon?
Sep 20, 2009 1:02 AM

Apr 2009
hmm dan not waking was kinda lame, wanted him to at least wake up this episode, but oh well =(
More Rouge, which is good! And yes, a butterfly of all things =P

Sep 20, 2009 11:51 PM
Sep 2008
Pyrrhus said:
hmm dan not waking was kinda lame, wanted him to at least wake up this episode, but oh well =(
More Rouge, which is good! And yes, a butterfly of all things =P

Uhh, did you watch the episode? Pretty much the climax was Dan waking up...
Sep 26, 2009 12:38 AM

Sep 2008
too weird to me, but oh well its cool
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 26, 2009 1:02 AM
Jan 2009
wtf is that blue butterfly crap? i mean i understand her butterfly things and shes royal family and she can talk to the earth. but transforming into a giant butterfly and transporting to the moon??? activated by the idols singing on a whim no-less? i love the show and its a cool concept and story, but thats just too over the top for me.
Sep 26, 2009 2:07 AM

Aug 2008
warhammerkid15 said:
A blue space butterfly. Really now, is that the best they could come up with for transportation to the moon? And it's powered by singing. How much crazier can you get.
Sep 26, 2009 8:22 AM

Nov 2008
Faktek said:
With each episode this anime is better and better. Butterfly was weird, but that is what I love in this anime, you don't exactly know what will happen next. Only one thing is annoying me: size of ball's light. Just what size is entire planet that you can see it on 1/4 planet area from moon?
Sep 26, 2009 8:43 AM
Sep 2009
the butterfly thing was alittle weird,but o well.
i was soo sad for rouge cuz the first person das
spending time with is miyuki...rouge looked sad.
does anyone know what ball iceman was throwing?
it was almost like a thunderball except that his was
blue and he yelled destroy, but everything else was
same as dans thunderball
Sep 26, 2009 8:58 AM

Oct 2007
Faktek said:
you don't exactly know what will happen next.
It is more like we don't want to guess what will happen next because it would be stupid to do so.

Can they have any better idea to save the day? A moe song that could stop a war was stupid enough and now we get
warhammerkid15 said:

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 26, 2009 9:45 AM

Apr 2009
Butterfly wtf? rofl it's really weird.
Sep 26, 2009 12:59 PM

Jul 2009
Ok Episode I Guess
Sep 26, 2009 5:36 PM

May 2008
Woots Iceman pwned the crap out of that guy haha

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 26, 2009 6:11 PM

May 2009
What's with the butteflies? :P
The episode was alright I guess. It was nice to see Iceman again.
Sep 26, 2009 9:21 PM

Apr 2008
Thats some weird stuff o_olll

Sep 27, 2009 1:35 AM
Jul 2009
It was a pretty wacky episode but Basquash is a pretty wacky show. The animation quality has finally got back on track. Hopefully the last two episodes will actually have a lot of scenes with people playing Basquash.
Sep 27, 2009 6:38 AM

Aug 2008
This show hasn't done one logical thing since the very first episode? So why am I this disgusted by the giant butterfly taking everyone to the moon?

I don't know.

I also loved how the giants get revealed to the humans for the first time and no one cares.
Sep 27, 2009 9:29 AM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:
I also loved how the giants get revealed to the humans for the first time and no one cares.

THIS and

warhammerkid15 said:

THIS >.<
Sep 27, 2009 12:08 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Bring the previous director back.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 27, 2009 12:35 PM

May 2008
this episode was good until the bluebutterfly shows up and bring them to the moon... D:

though hijack another spaceship would be lame imo lol
Sep 27, 2009 5:29 PM

Feb 2009
When are they gonna realize that the only way to save the day is to get Bruce Willis to drill a hole in the moon and nuke it from the inside?
Sep 27, 2009 7:37 PM

Feb 2008
I agree, it wasn't that bad after all. The spaceship to the moon could've been less stupid, but whatever.

With Iceman back, I hope these 2 last episodes save what little this series has left.
zerojSep 28, 2009 10:23 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Sep 28, 2009 9:48 AM
Nov 2008
Oh gee golly willikers, Iceman and Falcon put aside their unresolved differences and are now the bestest of friends!

And look, not only are the giants that have been kept secret from moon society for many many years now revealed to the public with minimal (if any) response, but they also just happen to be really really good at Basquash!

Now, let's sing a cheesy song and fly to the moon on a butterfly!

Other than that, episode was ok. James as Nike made me smile, and I still enjoy their story. My heart stopped for a moment when Miyuki fell, but then anime gravity kicked in and Dan had a good minute or two to take his time with a recovery. If the final match is Dan Sela Iceman, I might actually enjoy it to some degree.
Sep 28, 2009 12:47 PM

Jun 2007
This series had so much potential at the beginning and they ruined it. :|
I hope the last episode won't be suck as this one. :[
Sep 28, 2009 5:56 PM

Nov 2008
I'm astounded that they could so easily not only make the entire story a piece of shit, but they were also able to simultaneously totally screw up the character designs. They really, really shouldn't be doing those flashbacks to the early episodes when the animation was actually acceptable, because that just reinforces the horrible lack of quality in the current episodes.

I've got a new name for this series - "Bad Squash" - as in when you have a nice looking pumpkin and open it up to carve a jack-o-lantern, but the inside is all putrid and full of moldy slime. Bad Squash started out looking pretty, with lots of potential, but now there is nothing else to do with it but throw it onto the compost pile.
dbaranyiSep 28, 2009 6:38 PM
Sep 28, 2009 8:17 PM

Dec 2007
This episode was decent, I suppose. I failed to understand why they try to make butterflies for transportation to the moon because it was very strange to do that. Moar Rouge.
Sep 28, 2009 10:31 PM

Jul 2008
well dan is back, and ready to go!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 29, 2009 1:05 PM

May 2009
All i can say is, that I've been very disappointed and I don't understand a fuck.
Oct 1, 2009 10:13 AM

Feb 2008
Faktek said:

Hey, in Macross Frontier, the aliens of outerspace can be controlled by singing. Lawl
This isn't any different. Just weirder. lawl

onone said:
the butterfly thing was alittle weird,but o well.
i was soo sad for rouge cuz the first person das
spending time with is miyuki...rouge looked sad.
does anyone know what ball iceman was throwing?
it was almost like a thunderball except that his was
blue and he yelled destroy, but everything else was
same as dans thunderball

Iceman was a "failed legend," so he can really do the thunderbolt like Dan.
Dunno why he used it only now though...bad arm perhaps? :'o

noteDhero said:
This show hasn't done one logical thing since the very first episode? So why am I this disgusted by the giant butterfly taking everyone to the moon?

I don't know.

True, that's why I'm not complaining since it's been this weird from the beginning...so I don't see the reason to be surprise by every little thing.
I can't wait for the series to get any weirder now. Lawl

Well, glad Iceman is back. ='D
Waii~ Iceman! ♥
and THIS, btw, is a weird pair...
P I C B E L O W

lawl

Oct 12, 2009 9:55 PM

Apr 2009
This episode was great. Nobody else caught the parody of Evangelion in Slash's speech? I'm a little disappointed. At least someone else here mentioned Macross, thank heavens. This is pretty much a parody / trope subversion series after all. It pretty much always has been and I suspect will continue to be (inasmuch as I haven't seen the last two episodes though they've aired already).

The art's better in this ep, too!

EDIT: Shoot, is the butterfly thing an ARIA/Boogiepop reference? That song sounds like it's supposed to be a style parody of ARIA's various OPs.

EDIT2:
thalandor46 said:
Oh gee golly willikers, Iceman and Falcon put aside their unresolved differences and are now the bestest of friends!

What the hell did you expect? Their world is about to be destroyed! They don't have the luxury of being able to take their differences and not work together!
the_muteKiOct 12, 2009 10:03 PM
Oooh Miss Alicia
It's our own secret garden
Lesbians at war
Jun 20, 2013 8:21 PM

Nov 2011
Damn that song at the end is beautiful. Wb Dan.
Mar 21, 2017 11:15 PM

Feb 2015
So glad to have Iceman back. The ending with the butterfly powered by singing made me lol tho.

Jul 10, 2021 9:35 AM

Jul 2015
So Giants existing is not a suprising fact anymore considering they revealed the Giants team and nobody batted an eye. Great to see Miyuki stealing the spotlight from Rouge and bringing Dan to some old rocks which wake him up, really wish they had developed her better.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 13 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 25, 2009

37 by mahoazuma »»
Jul 26, 2023 8:47 PM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 11 Discussion

Quickfox - Jun 11, 2009

28 by mahoazuma »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lueser - Oct 1, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 10 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jun 5, 2009

39 by Archean-Return »»
May 29, 2023 4:28 AM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 25 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Sep 25, 2009

24 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 10, 2021 9:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.