Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 8, 2014 11:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, Angel Trumpet..

Looks like it's Chitaru's turn this week. I probably shouldn't pay attention to the OP song so much since it revealed her weapon of choice. I did like the style of the episode though and her outfit was nice. Actually, I thought the energy of this episode was decent in ways especially between Chitaru and Hitsugi's performance on stage.
May 8, 2014 4:14 PM
Feb 2013
Didn't see that coming... Too bad for Hitsugi and Chitaru....
Great ED by the way!
May 8, 2014 10:21 PM

Feb 2010
...and I thought the manga was slow-pace, and prefer the anime,
but there are not enough foreshadow about Chitaru and Hitsugi in the anime, not enough description about their character and backstory, which was more abundant in the manga, so I guess the part of Chitaru and Hitsugi will be more touching in the manga...

So there are actually some character dead, but will Shiena back?
May 9, 2014 2:35 AM
Jul 2008
I did hope for this to happen and that was amazing, beautifully executed! :D

Infighting to up the excitement, just awesome.
May 9, 2014 4:48 AM

Jan 2009
1. At least 2 week's worth of episode was saved by killing Kenmochi, namatame, & kirigaya

2. Really liked namatame x kirigaya. Their stories were told way too fast

3. The ost quite good enough for me to buy into the cliché romeo x juliet setup

4. thought that kirigaya was a guy cuz she kept refering to herself as "boku" (which means "I" in japanese, primarily used by guys)

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 9, 2014 4:49 AM
Apr 2014
i am sad, very sad about this
like literally sad ..
:/

@billybob300c - i was also wondering why she kept on using boku , xD

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisMay 9, 2014 3:30 PM
May 9, 2014 4:57 AM

Aug 2013
So 3 are out ..
But it was really sad dat ending ;__;

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
May 9, 2014 5:12 AM

Apr 2013
That was...too fast? Having 3 game overs in 1 episode.
May 9, 2014 5:43 AM

May 2012
Jesus christ, they're in a hurry to kill off the characters.

I haven't been very impressed with this show, the ending of today's episode is my favorite part right now. I was like "oh no they won't" and then "fuck they did"
May 9, 2014 5:46 AM

Nov 2013
shit. that was very depressing.

I never thought an action packed anime filled with violence and profanity will have a very tragic and depressing episode. Almost made me cry :') XD

Romeo and Juliet tragic story + real murder and real suicide onstage + sad ED = ULTRA FEELS.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2014 5:59 AM

Dec 2010
That really hit me right in the feels. Good episode. :'(
May 9, 2014 6:12 AM

Apr 2013
it is like they heard the complaints about no one dying so they just killed 3 in one episode..

great episode but kinda depressing.

while it was a fitting ending for these two i am not a fan of it. chitaru wanted to see her sensei smile again that is why she wanted to kill angel trumpet. doubt her sensei will smile when she finds out that her student killed herself..

again nice ed theme
May 9, 2014 6:33 AM

May 2013
billybob300c said:
4. thought that kirigaya was a guy cuz she kept refering to herself as "boku" (which means "I" in japanese, primarily used by guys)
Not at all, Shiena used "boku" too. And almost all of the girls are a bit boyish given the circumstances they grew up with. http://puu.sh/8Fk9Q.png
May 9, 2014 6:52 AM

May 2013
Didn't think that Chitaru would take her own life. That was a sad ending for the both of them.
May 9, 2014 6:54 AM

Mar 2014
I almost shed a tear when they both died and then laughed when the audience started clapping cheerfully lolz.
Well I guess we can see a bit development in Tokaku and Haru's relationship. Tokaku looked shy when Haru tried to feed her the food haha. I was expecting for a little kiss for this ep since it was romeo and juliet after all hmm
May 9, 2014 7:08 AM

Jul 2010
Three deaths in one episode, Chitaru and Hitsugi's death was pretty good... kinda sad that Hitsugi had to be Angel Trumpet. Really liked how they used the play so well to the very end. Hitsugi really does treasure Chitaru to tell her the truth and wanting to be with her.

Great episode, I did like this episode, kinda depressing but was done quite well for focus of two!
May 9, 2014 7:12 AM

Jan 2014
This was the nicest episode of them all.
Plot speaking it was really good, I liked it, but the way it was executed was inevitably rushed.

3/5
May 9, 2014 7:43 AM

Nov 2013
Without a doubt this was the best episode so far in Akuma no Riddle.
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

May 9, 2014 8:20 AM

Nov 2013
Meh. Lacking chara development for me to care enough.

But Romeo and Juliet done well always jerked a reaction from me q.q
May 9, 2014 9:11 AM

Dec 2013
I kinda get the feeling that if it weren't all girl assassins in this class, and if Chitaru had actually been a guy, then the story would have definitely flowed much better. I don't mind Yuri per say, but as a guy, I think it would have made it all the more sadder in the end if the two of them had actually an inkling of a possibility of a life together after all was said and done.

The abundance of back story, however quickly it was introduced in this episode, meant that Haru and Tokaku actually took a backseat in this episode, which was actually quite welcoming, as we didn't have to put up with Haru's lame "I want to be friends with everyone who wants to kill me" antics.

That said, I kinda feel sorry for Ken-Mochi. She was off'ed way too quickly, I didn't even get to grow fond of her yet, and then she was gone....

That ED was so great. I loved how the song completely reflected the last few scenes of the episode.

I wonder what the body count will be by the end of next episode XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 9, 2014 9:13 AM

Sep 2013
Kenmochi out just like that :(

The sword fight could have been better.

Tragic, but what do you expect when something has Romeo and Juliet in it?

And I hope they answer this, are the other girls dead or not?!
May 9, 2014 9:22 AM

May 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
I kinda get the feeling that if it weren't all girl assassins in this class, and if Chitaru had actually been a guy, then the story would have definitely flowed much better. I don't mind Yuri per say, but as a guy, I think it would have made it all the more sadder in the end if the two of them had actually an inkling of a possibility of a life together after all was said and done.
You're basically saying they didn't have a possibility of a life together because they were both girls? How would the story have flowed much better, what drastic change would it have made?
May 9, 2014 9:23 AM

Dec 2010
That was the best episode of the series by far. But it was also the most depressing! So many feels about characters I didn't know I cared so much for...At least we understand that they were actually a yuri couple finally!

I'm still not entirely sure that Shiena is done for, I mean she didn't get the chance to have an ending song, and that doesn't seem fitting, so I think she could come back...

As for the next character to leave, it has to be Suzu or Banba.
May 9, 2014 9:24 AM

Oct 2011
The audience has no clue that its actually real, ftw.
May 9, 2014 9:30 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, that was total BS. 3 characters written out in one episode. That ending was pretty depressing. That was a really impressive Romeo and Juliet play tbh though.

May 9, 2014 9:32 AM

Dec 2013
Seriously this episode some tears of me got shed... It was the first time, that i actually saw someone die in this Anime, which is really interesting, due to the show beeing an Anime which includes assassins.

The end of this Anime was so sad, they really played Romeo & Juliet with the ending of both dieing, this was so unexpected, I seriously thought, that both of them would come out alive. And then Kirigayas wish was also that both of them could get out of the class and live together in peace, such a cruel episode, Soooo cruel this world!!! QQ

Loved it 5/5, even when I cried like a little baby, and then this ending song, sooo sad..
May 9, 2014 9:54 AM

Aug 2010
Holy Shit! They actually killed their selves in the act O_O

That's messed up as F***.

Gotta admit it was pretty awesome.

Loved the ED quite a lot too ^^
May 9, 2014 10:31 AM

Apr 2013
This was not okay. Not okay at all.
That and the beautiful ending.. I cried.
It was tragic.
May 9, 2014 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
Three people died in this episode, that's a little bit too rushed.

Chitaru and Hitsugi killed themselves in that act.
May 9, 2014 10:56 AM

Mar 2011
Fuck. That death scene totally got me.
Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
May 9, 2014 10:57 AM

Jun 2011
Wow. I gotta admit, I was surprised how devious that Hitsugi was. I knew from the moment that Chitaru said Angel Trumpet that she (Hitsugi) was the one, but it was fairly obvious to begin with, she was just too innocent throughout the show to NOT have that kind of intent behind her.

Still, the more that this show seems to go on... the less demented that these girls seem to be.

I mean, two episodes ago

Still, I would like to be able to see more on Haru''s past as well as Tokaku's, because it's getting a bit obvious from previous episodes that they have some hidden intent behind them as well.
SeerofWordsMay 9, 2014 11:01 AM
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
May 9, 2014 11:51 AM
Jan 2014
Wow, that ending was so unexpected.
3 out in one episode, big pill to swallow.
May 9, 2014 11:55 AM

May 2013
I really like this episode the best so far for me

I really like the 2 of them and they died :/
May 9, 2014 12:19 PM

Dec 2011
Damn... I feel sorry for Hitsugi and Chitaru...

Honestly now? Their homeroom teacher either is the dumbest character around or his one of the most cunning hidden assassin lol.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 9, 2014 12:56 PM

Mar 2014
Good episode even though a poison assassin becoming so attached to another female assassin so fast was kind of a letdown. Best assassin so far was Otoya( don't know how much of an assassin since she was a serial killer).Looking forward to Isuke,Sumeriko and Nio(dat girl is one craaazy one). 4/5 because it was too rushed for me
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 9, 2014 1:26 PM

Dec 2008
It was rushed, and Chitaru's death was meh, but overall the episode had feels. I'm glad Kirigaya wasn't this super monster psychotic assassin. She felt pretty human-like throughout. Chitaru shouldn't have died, but oh well. Sort of like a lovers suicide.

Isuke was hilarious with her death threat though
sarroushMay 9, 2014 1:34 PM
May 9, 2014 1:43 PM

Mar 2014
Well, they were good at incarnating Romeo et Juliette, didn't expect that.
Was a bit rushed for me but was worth waiting one week !
May 9, 2014 2:09 PM

Jan 2014
Nooo ;_; why did you do that Chitaru and why were Kirigaya 'Angel trumpet'... They were both great characters. I suspected there was something odd about Kirigaya since the start of this episode but still.
So depressing and that "for a moment, i thought they died for real" D:
May 9, 2014 2:29 PM

Mar 2014
Damn 3 assassins gone in one episode.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 9, 2014 2:30 PM

Sep 2013
2 dead and 3 out in one episode.

Even though their deaths were sad it didn't hit me to hard since we barely knew them :/

My biggest question is how are they going to explain it to te teacher...
May 9, 2014 2:34 PM

Aug 2013
R.I.P to whatever their names are, Da last scene
May 9, 2014 3:05 PM

Nov 2012
Figured they'd both commit suicide once it was reveal Kirigaya's identity was revealed.

May 9, 2014 3:07 PM

Nov 2008
I like how author established the storyline of this episode with close references to Romeo and Juliet. It's nice parody and rendition of Shakespare's play in itself like how Tybalt going againist Romeo with so many ironies are also included. I like these sort of witty plots a lot. That was really nice and my favorite episode so far in this series.

edit: The ending lyrics were pretty ironic and was so meaningful too. Yeah this episode gotta be my most favorite episode so far. Oh by the way what's the answer to this week's riddle: "You can find _ on pretty floıwers". Since flower might refer to Hitsugi my guess is that sweet people like Hitsugi might be "poisonous". Even though they look sweet outside just like flower but their torn might kill you. Correct me if I am wrong. That would be appricated thanks ^^/)
QpaxMay 9, 2014 3:36 PM
May 9, 2014 3:13 PM

Apr 2012
Great episode... I almost cried.

only thing I don't like, Kennmochi got kicked out, now we'll never know what's her fighting style.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 9, 2014 3:23 PM

Jun 2013
Decent but disappointing episode. That evil loli was good though.

The episode dissappointed me because they got rid of 3 assassin girls in just 1 episode especially one of the best ones, Chitaru. They gave glasses girl no time at all and just ended her life. So not cool. I knew they will eventually have to do this but come on, they should have eliminated at most 2 girls in one episode 3 is too much.
May 9, 2014 3:36 PM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned.
Removed simple one word/phrase responses. Please try to contribute to the discussion.
Refer to the Series discussion rules here.
May 9, 2014 4:16 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, they really did it.That sure was sad - and i can't believe 3 assassins are out in 1 episode...definitely too rushed.Is Kinmochi really dead and out tho? but well anyways.Can't wait to see Banba's episode.

Great ED and Nio = waifu.
May 9, 2014 4:23 PM

Feb 2014
Honestly, this is the best episode I've watched this week (besides the Saturday line up). All I keep saying is wow for 10 minutes after I watched the ending. Sometimes just an average can produce some fantastic episodes. Oh the irony.

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

May 9, 2014 4:25 PM
Mar 2014
this episode was so sad and i didnt expect hitsugi and chitaru to die
May 9, 2014 4:27 PM

Jul 2012
No~! D: The 2 girls, Chitaru and Hitsugi are gone! D: They were so cute together as well....dang. :/
It's sad to know that Chitaru joined the Black Class to kill Angel Trumpet, and later she found out that Hitsugi was Angel Trumpet!! D: No~! D: Tragic....

Chitaru was "forced" to kill Hitsugi and Chitaru killed herself by drinking poison....
Damn...tragic indeed. :(
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2014

129 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

369 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.