Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 26, 2014 12:17 PM

May 2012
Great they got rescued! Let's see what they'll do next!
Dec 6, 2014 9:52 PM

Nov 2013
Did Nagate just drink Hoshijiro's piss? Damn...

Nice episode. You could really see a growing relationship between the two of them out in space alone.

4/5

Dec 8, 2014 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
HAHAHHA... that's what happens to 2 people stranded together.
I just love their facial expression. Let's see where this is going.
Somebody is going to be to jealous.
Dec 23, 2014 11:26 AM
Jun 2014
Awwww...
They so cute together.

FYI, Hoshijiro's piss is filtered by suit system.
Jan 2, 2015 7:38 PM

Jul 2014
filtered urine.. the drink of men lol
Feb 15, 2015 2:41 PM

Jun 2014
same feel as the movie Gravity, just way better

Feb 17, 2015 10:04 AM

Oct 2014
Pretty slow, but it was a nice break after the last few hectic episodes. Nice relationship building and I liked the survival aspect of this episode.
Mar 26, 2015 4:17 PM

Jun 2014
yummy. filtered piss and lubricant.
Apr 6, 2015 5:44 AM

Apr 2014
Thought the background info on the kabi and the rescue were put together well, madefor good pacing.
Jun 12, 2015 5:49 PM

Jul 2009
Such a sweet moment with Hoshijiro and Tanikaze.

Still why didn't Sidonia came back to them? Gauna is dead and i understand their scared that there maybe more out there. Should have gone back instead of waiting for 12 days+.

Lots of skin showing :)

It's pretty convenient how Hoshijiro has photosynthesis and can even filter their own urine :O

At least their saved for now.

Can't wait for the next episode!!
Jun 28, 2015 4:01 AM

Dec 2009
The urine drinking, after filtration of course, caught me off guard for a bit but then it was actually a smart move. You gotta do what it takes to survive.

Overall I enjoyed this quite episode.
Jul 11, 2015 9:27 AM

Dec 2012
Bear Grylls strategies!

New fetish drink yer piss.

Jul 21, 2015 7:25 PM

Jul 2015
Very nice scenes between Hoshijiro and Nagate. I didn't really have a whole lot to go on with her character before, but she just scored tons of points in my book. :)

And despite this episode being on the complete opposite end of the spectrum compared to the last two action-packed episodes, it still managed to maintain the same level of quality and appeal, in my opinion. Nicely done.

Not to mention that 256 other garde pilots apparently disobeyed orders alongside Nagate. lol Who saw that coming?? :P 5/5
Jul 29, 2015 1:59 AM

Nov 2012
Silentcid said:
Photosynthesis and the best tasting pee ever. This is all.

Hoshijiro is an angel

with this show's pacing and the way characters die left and right, I hope she lives

pretty badass rescue party, a 256-bit clutch formation
pretty lighting

500 seed ships launched before the earth was split in half, surprised they built that many massive ships before sol fell
HieroglyphicsJul 29, 2015 11:24 PM

Sep 11, 2015 8:50 AM

Mar 2012
Character development. Awesome.

World-building yay!

I really hope they don't get slaughtered on their way back
End Zionazism
Oct 21, 2015 9:35 AM

Feb 2014
Barion-Zara said:

Shit man! I can't decide between Izana and Shizuka now. Former took his vomit and latter drank him her urine XD that's some deep love hehe

Since Izana is the 3rd gender, there's no need to decide! Love triangle done properly! LOL
Oct 21, 2015 10:03 AM

Feb 2014
Monad said:
Hm...i don't think that is how it works because if that is true then why to we need unmeasurable amounts of energy to reach the speed of light?
I mean if the thrusters can get you to 15000MPH and then your speed can fall then it mean if you keep them on you will constantly accelerate more and more until you overcome the speed of light and turn into energy or travel to the past or something.
So i have to assume that even though space has no air resistance there is still some kind of speed drop that does not allow you do eternally drift at certain initial speed.

Well, responding over a year later.. heh -- but if anyone reads the thread later and wants to know the answer.

There is no resistance in space that would cause your speed to drop. When you accelerate to a given speed and then cut thrust to zero, you will continue indefinitely at that speed (assuming you are far enough away from strong gravitational forces produced by a planet/sun/etc;.)

However, the reason you cannot just accelerate constantly until you pass the speed of light is because, as you approach the speed of light, your relative mass will increase. So, for example, when you reach a speed where your relative mass is double, you will need twice the thrust to produce the same acceleration. But going faster, your relative mass becomes even higher, so you will need even more thrust. Theoretically, at the speed of light, your relative mass would be infinite -- meaning that you would need infinite thrust in order to accelerate. This increase in mass occurs at any acceleration/speed, however the effect is imperceptibly small at any speeds currently producible by human technology.

True space navigation only requires fuel for changes in velocity... i.e. accelerating to leave orbit and decelerating to go into orbit (or changing from one orbit to another). The actual journey from one object/moon/planet to another is just coasting with small course corrections (if necessary).
Dec 29, 2015 5:51 PM
Dec 2014
DancingJack said:
The ring of 256 gardes frames looked so damn cool! What a neat idea visually and for the situation.<br />
<br />
I almost wish there would be anime or a game where the frames/mechas attack a planet in this formation, descending down in a halo and then dispersing to bring about destruction. ^^'<br />
<br />
<!--quote--><div class="quotetext"><strong>Darkmatterx76 said:</strong><!--quotesaid--><br>2 adults who are attracted to each other, extended periods of nudity, and stranded in a life or death situation for almost 2 weeks and no sex?<!--quote--></div><br />
<br />
That for some people everything as to end up in fanservice and sex, it's a freakin' fictonal story and even if it was real a life or death situation like that doesn't mean sex, especially in this one... It doesn't make sense for the plot and aside from that "We have to preserve air and water so we don't die before we maybe get rescued... yea, how about we waste lots of energy, air and water by having sex! Because that would make so much sense in this situation! Also contanimating the air of the cockpit with our sweat and body fluids is soo nice if you have to spend weeks in it."

Ha yeah when in the nineties the Russian space station MIR was on fire and everything went to hell the first thing the cosmonauts did was get their clothes of and have a threesome. Best course of action in any life and death situation.
Dec 30, 2015 11:31 AM

Jan 2012
It was probably first Barbarella reference in anime
Mar 5, 2016 5:13 PM

Mar 2012
Was a decent series up to this point, gotta have that one cliche romantic episode I guess

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 8, 2016 9:52 AM

Jan 2013
zat-bust said:
same feel as the movie Gravity, just way better

Yeah I got that feel from this episode aswell.
"I got lots more water for you" lmao, Nagate didnt even realize it either.
Jul 27, 2016 10:11 AM

Nov 2014
I got lots of feels this episode, I really like them as a couple!
Nov 9, 2016 4:44 AM

May 2016
I've never thought that photosynthesis and drinking piss can be this sexy~

Even with the weird yet arousing scenarios, the music just made it beautiful. I'm starting to love Hoshijiro's character now <3

The subtle skin-tight boob jiggles and latex sounds were on point.

It's great that they added a backstory to the Kabizashi. Makes the viewers less confused and more satisfied (including me~).

The defense fleet rescued them before they started to drink experimentally filtered lube. The lighting of the reverse thruster formation was simple a gorgeous sight. It's touching that all 256 gardes would go that far to save our potential ship.

Izane's gonna do something adorable in the future to counter Vice President's progress. I can feel it :3

Oct 28, 2018 6:39 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Silentcid said:
Photosynthesis and the best tasting pee ever. This is all.

LOOOOL

That photosynthesis surely looked nice!

I think someone the CG is getting better, or I m just getting more used to it, anyway, it was cool episode, this is getting better, loved the atmoshpere, they could have whoever left both of them alone for a little longer, it was going good on their part. :3

ZephSilver said:
filtered urine.. the drink of men lol

Apparently it tasted fine, not too salty, since that dude was really going crazy about drinking more. (lol)

slkrr said:
Barion-Zara said:

Shit man! I can't decide between Izana and Shizuka now. Former took his vomit and latter drank him her urine XD that's some deep love hehe

Since Izana is the 3rd gender, there's no need to decide! Love triangle done properly! LOL

True, but I would still go for the later.
Izana scene where she was fine with it and all looked just weird and gross, Shizuka had more meaning behind it.
PlaycoolOct 28, 2018 6:43 AM
Feb 23, 2021 5:29 PM

Mar 2016
Some very nice, meditative character scenes in this episode. The lighting during that photosynthesis scene was gorgeous. The rest, unnatural exposition.
Sep 13, 2021 7:14 PM

Apr 2017
This episode was kinda dumb since the whole point of them being potentially left behind was because of the threat of the gauna in the area. Since he killed it what was the point of them being stranded for 8 days without help coming?
Oct 29, 2021 2:46 PM

Nov 2016
He sureld gulped down that water.

A wholesome epsiode in shows like this tells me that it will get nasty next time.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 12, 2022 7:08 AM

Dec 2018
slow but interesting episode.
Sep 14, 2022 1:30 PM
Feb 2021
I don't know exactly what it was about this show, but i just couldn't get into it.
overall, i think i was just bored. i didn't particularly like any of the characters, and the plot was well trodden?

dunno. just didn't work for me
Oct 6, 2022 7:24 PM
Jan 2017
After the previous episode's explosive battle, it's nice watching the characters get a moment to litterally catch their breaths. Nagate and Shizuka spend some time together and get to know each other on a personal level, which is exactly what they need to do in order to endear themselves to the audience.
Oct 31, 2023 8:56 AM

Dec 2022
Best episode so far. Was funny that filtering her pee was Shizuka's first thought when Nagate was dehydrated, instead of filtering the water in the Garde's lubricant, as Nagate later suggested.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

227 by fooumies »»
Dec 21, 2023 5:12 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

135 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:33 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

117 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

163 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.