Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 8, 2014 10:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was sweet.

I liked Nagate's efforts this episode as he puts his own life in danger to save others. I also saw some cute scenes there in space :p. Nice episode again even though life is tough. Oh I also thought the music was done well that matched the mood pretty well with Hoshijiro and Nagate in space imo.
Stark700May 8, 2014 8:54 PM
May 8, 2014 3:11 PM
Apr 2014
Stark700 said:

I liked Nagate's efforts this episode as he puts his own life in danger to save others. I also saw some cute scenes there in space :p. Nice episode again even though life is tough. Oh I also thought the music was done well that matched the mood pretty well with Izana and Nagate in space imo.

Think you mean Hoshijiro and Nagate.

Edit: Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine.
deityignisMay 8, 2014 3:14 PM
May 8, 2014 8:14 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode and cute episode between Tanikaze and Hoshijiro being alone in the Tanikaze's Gardes.

Good thing, Sidonia had decided to rescue them after 10 days.
May 8, 2014 8:29 PM

Oct 2013
I say this every week, but the sound effects are so mind blowingly good it brings tears to my eyes.
RiceMay 8, 2014 8:54 PM
May 8, 2014 8:43 PM

May 2013
Those two got some alone time. Glad that they were rescued.
May 8, 2014 8:44 PM
Dec 2010
Photosynthesis and the best tasting pee ever. This is all.
May 8, 2014 8:45 PM
Mar 2012
The audio.... the animation.... story.... everything.... TOO GOOD. Definitely one of the best full CG series I have watched.
May 8, 2014 8:46 PM

Sep 2007
mmmm delicious filtered urine. Sanitary golden shower.
May 8, 2014 8:50 PM

Oct 2010
Good episode. It must be quite eerie to spend so many days adrift in space with limited food and water, without ever knowing if you're gonna be rescued or not.
May 8, 2014 8:55 PM
Jul 2011
Holy shit, the sound and thruster effects when 256 gardes fire their thrusters towards sidonia. Requesting someone to make a gif of it, just pure awesome.

Also the idea of communicating with the Gauna. In all great follow up episode.
May 8, 2014 9:09 PM

Jun 2008
This episode was so cute! This series is so good. I'm sold, I'll read the manga.

The urine recycling system was pretty icky but it was also a nice detail since that's what astronauts and cosmonauts actually do on the International Space Station.
May 8, 2014 9:13 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Nice moments between Nagate and Shizuka in the Gardes.
That's some unique way of photosynthesizing. ;)

More information about Gauna's structure and Kabizashi.
Looks like Nagate's grandfather was a part of the expedition at some point in the past.

Shizuka's talking while Nagate sleeping.. XD
Her urine probably refreshed Nagate's brain and so he figured to filter the lubricant for water. XD
Just kidding. Nagate is quite a brilliant guy regardless.

Nagate X Shizuka moments were nice. Too bad, they couldn't kiss..
Nice seeing the full squad came to rescue them!

Good episode. More Nagate and Shizuka moments next week. :)

May 8, 2014 9:16 PM

Nov 2011
deityignis said:
Stark700 said:

I liked Nagate's efforts this episode as he puts his own life in danger to save others. I also saw some cute scenes there in space :p. Nice episode again even though life is tough. Oh I also thought the music was done well that matched the mood pretty well with Izana and Nagate in space imo.

Think you mean Hoshijiro and Nagate.

Fixed~
May 8, 2014 9:18 PM

Jul 2008
Natural water. xD
May 8, 2014 9:29 PM

Jun 2013
Looks to be 2 non-violent episodes in a row judging by the preview. Hope I'm wrong and they just left out all the good stuff in the preview.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisMay 8, 2014 11:28 PM
May 8, 2014 9:50 PM

Aug 2012
ex_necross said:
Looks to be 2 non-violent episodes in a row judging by the preview. Hope I'm wrong and they just left out all the good stuff in the preview.

What is the problem with having 2 non-violent episodes in a row? If this is necessary for the sake of story and character development, I have no reason to complain.
May 8, 2014 10:03 PM
Oct 2010
I loved this ep because it said a lot without the characters needing to say a lot.
May 8, 2014 10:05 PM
Jun 2012
2 adults who are attracted to each other, extended periods of nudity, and stranded in a life or death situation for almost 2 weeks and no sex?

Shy or no shy,

never
going
to
happen.

Hell, the nudity wasn't even a factor. :)

Anyways, all fun aside, it was a good if a bit slow, episode. I'm enjoying this series quite a bit. I don't understand why they couldn't use,

a long chain of mechs where each spends its fuel to get a set ways out, and/or

a large burst or speed and then the inertia to carry them to their destination.

Also, since they can fit an energy weapon onto a mech, why don't they use them on the Sidonia to vapourize all the placenta around the core of a Gauna? It would hit the target a lot faster, and not require the massive amount of metal for a "bullet" and leave the core totally exposed. If they can't make one that big they could still do the same thing with a lot of smaller ones.
May 8, 2014 10:07 PM

Jul 2013
Pee fetish FTW

Darkmatterx76 said:
2 adults who are attracted to each other, extended periods of nudity, and stranded in a life or death situation for almost 2 weeks and no sex?

They probably did but never showed you :p
May 8, 2014 10:30 PM
Jun 2012
Ya I thought of that too, but based on their reactions even close to the end of the episode they were still acting the same as before.
May 8, 2014 10:34 PM
Apr 2011
My real concern is they left that special frame behind. Wasn't that the only one of its kind left?
May 8, 2014 10:39 PM

Mar 2008
Cute. The formation was ridiculous, but so sexy. Can't wait till next episode to see them breaking off from it.

cleer8 said:
My real concern is they left that special frame behind. Wasn't that the only one of its kind left?
It was hard to tell on-screen, but it seems more likely that they brought it along.
May 8, 2014 10:44 PM

Oct 2010
Nagate toppled all Hoshijiro's flags this episode. He did everything right from a gentleman's perspective. No wonder a meek girl like Hoshijiro was willing to filter her own oshikko for him, which I found mildly erotic but touching at the same time.

The feelz just keep coming. Feelz. Feelz. Feelz. I don't mind romance if it is done right like this.
May 8, 2014 10:55 PM

Jul 2007
Oh man we are getting to the best parts now.
May 8, 2014 10:59 PM

Oct 2013
Darkmatterx76 said:
Anyways, all fun aside, it was a good if a bit slow, episode. I'm enjoying this series quite a bit. I don't understand why they couldn't use,

I don't think distance was a problem. I believe everyone wanted to help find Nagate seeing as though they now see him as a hero.

And on that, I'm really happy he's getting noticed for his work. Too many times does a character saves the lives of hundreds/thousands, only to have nobody know that that person was the one who saved their sorry asses. I couldn't care less if he actually gets praised/rewarded/whatever, I just love that people know he was the one who did it ('cause I'm sure as hell that Kunato would have stolen the credit if not for the broadcast of Nagate's success).
May 8, 2014 11:01 PM
Jun 2012
If he had acted as a gentlemen but a little more aggressively it would have been a done deal. Boring days in space would be OVER.
May 8, 2014 11:09 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was so good it's not even funny.

Doesn't need a ton of action to be good.
"Komugi, are you there?"

May 8, 2014 11:25 PM

Aug 2010
Madara31 said:
Good episode. It must be quite eerie to spend so many days adrift in space with limited food and water, without ever knowing if you're gonna be rescued or not.

And it must be even more eerie to not be able to have sex since they can't waste energy XD
Because damn the sexual tension was friggin piercing the roof :P

Loved this ep, this show has been really great so far.

The mood between Nagate and Shizuka was really sweet. Dat photosynthesis scene was cute and to use her urine to save him. Shit man! I can't decide between Izana and Shizuka now. Former took his vomit and latter drank him her urine XD that's some deep love hehe

(for some reason it reminded me of MeruemxRoyal guards of this weeks HxH without the over exaggeration ofc XD)

Next ep seems to have more ShizukaxNagate. I feel bad for Izana not having screen time but I'm loving this couple right now. inb4 Shizuka dies hope not though <_<

Also nice to see that Nagate's gramps was a BA who was living 600 years ago O_o? Along with the commander and Kuma lady.

Good to see the ranking rising steadily. It went up 500 places since last week. It definitely deserves top200 though.
Barion-ZaraMay 8, 2014 11:34 PM
May 8, 2014 11:40 PM

Aug 2012
cleer8 said:

Ckan said:
It was hard to tell on-screen, but it seems more likely that they brought it along.

http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/Veldarth/media/Random_stuff/TSUGUMORI_zpsd67e090f.png.html

Barion-Zara said:
Also nice to see that Nagate's gramps was a BA who was living 600 years ago O_o? Along with the commander, Kuma lady and Ochiai.

Fix'd.
May 8, 2014 11:52 PM
Apr 2012
jiraiya_sensei said:
Pee fetish FTW

Darkmatterx76 said:

They probably did but never showed you :p

They never did cuz its part of the plot
May 8, 2014 11:52 PM
Sep 2011
Another great episode. Such great build up to whats coming
May 9, 2014 12:00 AM

Oct 2013
Shame it will be only 12 episodes :(
"Burn the heretics"
May 9, 2014 12:17 AM
Oct 2010
Darkmatterx76 said:

The first one is self explanatory, if each did that then how do they get back if something goes wrong? Something as simple as a rogue asteroid could end up making them lose a ton of mechs/people and failing their mission.

Like I said this episode said more without the characters needing to, the formation thing is one of the things I was referring to. The reason for them is obviously to travel large distances while saving a large amount of energy. It's quite clear from this episode that on its own a lone mech can't get very far, but it's likely that the power increase from 3 others greatly offsets the added weight and allows them to travel faster/further while using less energy.

The second one also doesn't make sense to do because they'd be travelling so slowly the gap between sidonia, them and nagate would just get larger.

Of course their option was just as risky since they practically left Sidonia defenseless but in terms of success it was definitely the best one to use imo.
May 9, 2014 12:26 AM

Nov 2011
This was a rather nice change. It went from fighting for survival against a Gauna to holding out, surviving as long as possible. It wasn't as crazy as the last episode, but it definitely held some intensity to it.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the use of technology in here though, filtering urine, using what the mech had to offer as a means to survive while just hoping that the mech could collect enoguh energy to get them back to Sidonia, etc. Then of course we get to see some photosynthesis in action. giggity
That 256 Gardes formation was insane, can't wait for the next episode. It almost makes me want to go read the manga and spoil myself just to see what happens next.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 9, 2014 2:08 AM

Dec 2011
Really nice of Nagate to decide to go and rescue Hoshijiro like that.

She blushed then then they both blushed together lol.

So she needs to be naked in order to photosynthesize... legit approval awarded.

So they encountered a huge Swiss cheese like thing... and damn that bear lady she's still weird...

I could have sworn that she give him her urine to drink and he even came back stronger than before XD.

It was a really great sight seeing all of mechas together in that formation and for some reason I think Hoshijiro will die or something lol.

Some people why they didn't have sex lol... well... probably because they were trying to conserve energy and not waste it?
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 9, 2014 2:11 AM
Feb 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Madara31 said:

And it must be even more eerie to not be able to have sex since they can't waste energy XD
Because damn the sexual tension was friggin piercing the roof :P

Loved this ep, this show has been really great so far.

The mood between Nagate and Shizuka was really sweet. Dat photosynthesis scene was cute and to use her urine to save him. Shit man! I can't decide between Izana and Shizuka now. Former took his vomit and latter drank him her urine XD that's some deep love hehe

(for some reason it reminded me of MeruemxRoyal guards of this weeks HxH without the over exaggeration ofc XD)

Next ep seems to have more ShizukaxNagate. I feel bad for Izana not having screen time but I'm loving this couple right now. inb4 Shizuka dies hope not though <_<

Also nice to see that Nagate's gramps was a BA who was living 600 years ago O_o? Along with the commander and Kuma lady.

Good to see the ranking rising steadily. It went up 500 places since last week. It definitely deserves top200 though.

The next episode will be the one to kick you in the gut.
May 9, 2014 2:42 AM

Nov 2013
Epic episode. Still disappointed that we're only getting 12 of these.
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
May 9, 2014 2:44 AM

Jan 2014
Good thing they had Hyggs particle collector.
Shizuka photosythesizing o.o

The Commander's face.. I was wondering if she was really the commander. Maybe I got too used to her mask. She's pretty.

Tanikaze's dehydrated face was priceless. xD

Ahhh, urine filtering.. Too good to be true. Well, it was great they had that kind thing.

THE SOUND EFFECTS ATTACK US ONCE AGAIN.
DAT FORMATION WAS KEWL.

"You realize that you will be punished?"
"Does Sidonia look like she has 257 prison cells to you?"

^ haha best comeback

Next episode: "Salute"
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
May 9, 2014 2:54 AM

Nov 2010
Kyaaa, this was so romantic!
The 256 gardes that came to rescue them was impressive at the end

I bet Nagate's grandpa Hikori was the previous pilot of his garde
May 9, 2014 3:01 AM

Sep 2008
Another great episode. No action but still awesome.

I am glad to see more stuff explained, spears, water filtering, heck, even food shortages and photosynthesis (spelling) are shown.

Oh, and fanservice which actually made sense, who'd have guessed in this day and age.

I really hope this show gets 2nd season one day.

People mentioned this has written form. Manga, LN? Also, is it translated? I'd love to start reading.
May 9, 2014 3:18 AM

May 2013
Romantic episode for Nagate and Shizuka! Though wikipedia confirmed something to me...

Being in space in 10 days was a tough one and so the transferring water scene... No commento.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 9, 2014 4:04 AM
Apr 2011
nina4life said:
Another great episode. No action but still awesome.

I am glad to see more stuff explained, spears, water filtering, heck, even food shortages and photosynthesis (spelling) are shown.

Oh, and fanservice which actually made sense, who'd have guessed in this day and age.

I really hope this show gets 2nd season one day.

People mentioned this has written form. Manga, LN? Also, is it translated? I'd love to start reading.

8 volumes of the manga have been released in English by Vertical with the 9th volume out in June.

Im really liking this show. it draws you in and makes the wait for the next episode painful. I really hope this gets a second season next year
May 9, 2014 4:56 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
God, this anime is so good that it even gets fanservice and romance right. Those 2 now share a bond that will be difficult to break. Nothing says I love you like pure filtered urine to your dying object of affection.

I loved the scene with the 256 gardas saving them. Nagate is now the hero of the Sidonia..

I'm not sure I understood the scene between the Captain and Mama Bear. It's clear to me that Nagate's grandpa is the previous hero of Sidonia as well as the previous pilot of his gauna. And that he disagreed with the way Sidonia was being run and that's why he went underground. But other than that I'm a bit confused about their exchange. No biggy. All will be revealed in good time.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 9, 2014 5:07 AM
Dec 2013
Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome.

256 formation? Was the director playing the 2048 game? LOL. Loved the thrusters sound effects though!

I love how Hoshijiro blushed, shes like a kitty you wanna juz grab!
And the filteration, damn, who wouldn't want that from that kind of gurl? XP

May 9, 2014 5:35 AM

Nov 2013
To be honest I want to know more about those Gauna :\
But character interaction and romance is good of course.
Sound effects are phenomenal.
Dat Bear Grylls moment XD
Not as good as last episode. 4/5
May 9, 2014 5:37 AM
Apr 2014
DemonKing97 said:
Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome.

256 formation? Was the director playing the 2048 game? LOL. Loved the thrusters sound effects though!

I love how Hoshijiro blushed, shes like a kitty you wanna juz grab!
And the filteration, damn, who wouldn't want that from that kind of gurl? XP

dont worry...
May 9, 2014 5:51 AM

Aug 2013
Maan I hope what Shizuka was saying about the aliens trying to communicate isn't foreshadowing because that would be retarded :(
May 9, 2014 6:26 AM

Oct 2011
Photosynthesis. Not having green skin. Immersion broken. Heh...
May 9, 2014 6:28 AM
Jun 2008
Darkmatterx76 said:

Shy or no shy,

never
going
to
happen.

I think you dont understand sex in space... do you really want jizz floating around in an enclosed space with you for days?

Well maybe YOU would.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
May 9, 2014 6:31 AM

Oct 2011
catullus said:
Darkmatterx76 said:

Shy or no shy,

never
going
to
happen.

I think you dont understand sex in space... do you really want jizz floating around in an enclosed space with you for days?

Well maybe YOU would.

Assuming it's even possible in the first place.
http://space.about.com/od/frequentlyaskedquestions/a/Is-Sex-In-Space-Possible.htm
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

227 by fooumies »»
Dec 21, 2023 5:12 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

135 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:33 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

117 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

163 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.