Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jul 22, 2016 2:16 PM

Jan 2015
Omni_slash95 said:
John6977 said:

Lol so that makes me salty for calling out your hilarious comment?

Nobody said Luffy has to be complex, but that doesn't mean he stil isn't a stupid and annoying character. And both Gon and Luffy's designs are bad.
Also OP isn't just a light hearted and fun series, I've SEEN OP try to get dark and serious it just does a shitty job of it. Neither show is pretending to be something else, HXH is better at switching between the funny and serious moments cause it's better written.
HXH is shorter and already has more development with its characters then OP, at the end of the show they just feel so different from when they started.
And I'm not trying to get you to like HXH if you don't like it that's fine I just found it funny that you think OP is better.
Back on topic it's subjective, I thought the arc was a masterpiece.

Luffy's is a bit generic but not bad at all, the SH gives him an iconic look, Gon looks like a joke (and is a joke too) & is ugly. Dude's an annoying brat. Luffy may be stupid (just like every Shounen protagonist) but he is never annoying.

Of course OP still has darker elements but it doesn't try to be all mature & deep like HxH (which fails at it hard, see Chimera Ant arc especially).

OP has a much better & more interesting story, better worldbuilding and more awesome characters even if the SH's especially could use more development.

The only funny thing here is how overrated HxH is on this website and the anime subreddit. People can't stop circlejerking over it and at the end its nothing special.

Also whats not funny is people thinking their opinion is somehow a fact. Yeah pretty hilarious that people have different opinions, WTF is this sorcery?

I just read the last part, you were the one literally stating how bad HXH is like it was a fact. I'm not acting like what I'm saying is fact I understand everything I have been saying is my opinion just like what you have said is your opinion and that's fine idc that you think OP is better I said before I wasn't trying to get you to like HXH.
Jul 22, 2016 2:34 PM

Jan 2015
Oh ok my bad, I just didn't want you to think I was shoving my opinion down your throat like it was a fact lol.
Jul 25, 2016 5:32 PM

Nov 2013
It's complete shit. I don't know how anyone looked at the pacing and said "Yeah, this is a perfect masterpiece! Teh feelz!"

I started laughing during the arc because I thought I got got. I thought that people were recommending it ironically like Boku no Pico and I totally got fooled. Have to give props to those people.
Jul 25, 2016 10:38 PM

May 2011
Only two Deus ex Machina sucked IMO, Gon taking stereoids and Netero's 'nuclear'... rose. Pacing was perfectly suitable for death-or-life moments, how can they otherwise explain subjective time slowing down...
Jul 26, 2016 12:58 AM

Jan 2016
You sucks.

Characterlimitcharacterlimit
Jul 26, 2016 1:18 AM

Mar 2014
*Answering the title, 'cause I cbf checking out the OP.

Nah man, the Chimera Ant Arc is irrefutably one of the best arc in anime, it shares the label of 'GOAT arc' with the likes of other masterpieces, such as Chunin Exams, Shogun Assassination, Soul Society, even it's fellow Yorknew City.
Jul 27, 2016 8:00 PM

Feb 2011
I found the arc pretty decent. I liked others more though and would probably rate them:

1) Greed Island
2) Hunter Exam
3) Yorknew City
4) Heaven's Arena/Chimera Ant
5) Zoldyeck Home/Election Arc

I think HxH excelled in different ways in each of its arcs, and CA was very different from previous ones but still worthwhile in its own ways. It was truly Killua's arc in my opinion, and the most pivotal moments of his character occurs in this arc IMO. It also had some really interesting ideas about monsters and humans as others have said, and the fight is a much grander and more high stakes fight than almost all the previous arcs.

I still enjoyed other arcs more, but as a piece of work, I'd say Yorknew is the best overall arc but Chimera Ant may be second to it as a piece of work. I see CA to Killua as what Yorknew was to Kurapika to some regard, so it helps too that Killua is my favorite character (and he's the most beloved character in the show so the fanbase likes the arc for that too).
Sep 6, 2016 1:14 PM

Mar 2016
I agree this arc was unsatisfying.
So many characters that I did not feel any attachment to. Characters I didn't care if they lived or died, and they all had super long backstories that I especially did not care for. I understand it was all painting the bigger picture but the only ants that were interesting were pitou & Meruem. (Although Ikalgo is too cute to not like hehe)
I would have preferred it instead if they had spent the same amount of time with the backstories of the phantom troupe and building up the Yorknew city arc even more than this Ant arc. I would have loved to see that!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2013

found this recently for those still confused
Sep 10, 2016 9:49 PM
Mar 2014
And also Another big foreshadowing is Gon`s Conservation with melereon about lying and trust in episode 101 Starting at the 2m23s Mark of the episode.

https://youtu.be/CStU_fH0KSQ?t=2m23s
Oct 28, 2016 4:02 AM

Nov 2014
While Chimera Ant Arc does have some problem and flaws (like the pacing, uninteresting villains, and the narrator esp in episode 112-113), it still one of the best story arc in HxH (2011), which means it's far from suck IMO..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Feb 4, 2017 3:40 AM
Feb 2017
Chimera Arc = The biggest mistake of my anime watching career. How can something so bad be consider so good? This thread is the only reason I finished watching it, and I have never been so annoyed in my life. If someone can explain me why this is considered good please do.

When I first saw that big ant queen, I thought this would be some small kind of a filler arc to get Kite some screen time. Oh boy was I wrong. It didn’t take long for me to be seriously annoyed with the arc. Ants were just too overpowered even if there is an explanation for this it still doesn’t feel right. The hunters spent years training and then some ants that were born yesterday are 10 times stronger. This kept annoying me till the end.

The thing that killed this Arc for me is attempt to give some deeper meaning to it in order to separate it from other Shounen Anime. Majority of people are now calling it the best arc because of “character development” and “great philosophical questions” that this arc provides. What a joke! Gon was annoying character to begin with but in this arc he passed all the boundaries. First of all Kite’s introduction was not that greatly done I didn’t see them sharing that strong of a connection so Gon’s behavior after his death was totally unreasonable. More so because of his behavior before this arc. After meeting that Rabbit ant, it made absolutely zero sense for them to continue pursuit without backup. That was just lazy writing trying to kill of Kite without much reason to give Gon reason to go berserk. Also it made zero sense that they sent only couple of hunters to deal with the Ant threat, given how big of a threat they were. They were certainly hunters more qualified than Gon and Killua. The whole arc made zero sense.

What was the deal with Gyro? That was so badly done.

I cannot write all the things that were wrong with this arc, but Meruem death is certainly the one. Was he really killed by a poison? I cannot even try to explain how stupid that is. He was the only ant I actually liked, but everything around him was so boring. Gon’s transformation? Is that really a good writing? The Ants were made so overpowered that in order to defeat them, the writer had to make some really idiotic stuff.

This really looks like another monkey does what monkey sees syndrome. People have heard that this arc has some deeper meaning and that if they say that they like it they will sound smart. No explanation is provided except “great char dev”, ”great writing” and my favorite “Everyone is already agreed that this is the best arc, you are just not smart enough to understand”. To be fair there are some who will phrase this better and mask it in order to sound like they really know what they are talking about. But the whole “this arc is about discovering who the real monster is and what makes them do what they do” charade is just that, a charade. I can understand if someone likes this, I like many things that I know are bad, but to say that this is the best arc is a blasphemy.

Now if this arc was made differently, for example if they ditched the idea of trying to deepen the content and just made it about fighting. There was room for some great fights and this arc could have been epic if we neglect the fact that the Ants came out of nowhere and were so unreasonably overpowered.
Feb 4, 2017 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
ShizuoSan said:
The hunters spent years training and then some ants that were born yesterday are 10 times stronger. This kept annoying me till the end.
That's because they're from the Dark Continent, just like Alluka, who also have extraordinary Nen abilities.

ShizuoSan said:
First of all Kite’s introduction was not that greatly done I didn’t see them sharing that strong of a connection so Gon’s behavior after his death was totally unreasonable. More so because of his behavior before this arc. That was just lazy writing trying to kill of Kite without much reason to give Gon reason to go berserk.
Kite saved Gon from a Foxbear attack as a child. He also told him about Hunters and his father. Kite is pretty much the reason why Gon wants to find his father in the first place. He was always fundamental to the story, long before the Chimera Ant arc.

Feb 4, 2017 4:56 AM
Feb 2017
GreenSoap said:
ShizuoSan said:
The hunters spent years training and then some ants that were born yesterday are 10 times stronger. This kept annoying me till the end.
That's because they're from the Dark Continent, just like Alluka, who also have extraordinary Nen abilities.

ShizuoSan said:
First of all Kite’s introduction was not that greatly done I didn’t see them sharing that strong of a connection so Gon’s behavior after his death was totally unreasonable. More so because of his behavior before this arc. That was just lazy writing trying to kill of Kite without much reason to give Gon reason to go berserk.
Kite saved Gon from a Foxbear attack as a child. He also told him about Hunters and his father. Kite is pretty much the reason why Gon wants to find his father in the first place. He was always fundamental to the story, long before the Chimera Ant arc.

Origin of Ants was explained much later, bad move if you ask me. And still Ants were made super ovepowered so every way of defeating them sounds illogical.

That part about Kite wasn't in 2011 adaptation. Now that i think about it maybe only 2011 adaptation was bad. Maybe arc in the manga really is good. I believe in 2011 they barely recognized eachother.
Feb 4, 2017 4:59 AM

Apr 2016
I loved that they made 50+ episodes set within 1 hour, all for the build up for Gon to 1 punch her.
Feb 5, 2017 8:00 AM
Jun 2008
It does suck. I had to drop the rating from 9 to 7 because of it. There were like one or two good episodes during the whole overly long arc.

None of the ants ever managed to interest me one bit as characters and needless to say the pacing was horrible.
Feb 5, 2017 8:20 AM

Oct 2014
what the hell hunter x hunter main story being deviated in this arc?
hunter x hunter has no main story it consisted basically of a range of very different arcs that have as the only linking force the fact our main characters participate on them most of the arcs are not even focusing on the main objective of the series
the chimera ant arc marks the peak of the series where the psychological approach is heightened and the thematic exploration of the man vs monster concept and our differences in mentality is great
Feb 11, 2017 6:45 PM

Sep 2015
ShizuoSan said:

The thing that killed this Arc for me is attempt to give some deeper meaning to it in order to separate it from other Shounen Anime. Majority of people are now calling it the best arc because of “character development” and “great philosophical questions” that this arc provides. What a joke! Gon was annoying character to begin with but in this arc he passed all the boundaries.

I agree with especially this point. It does nothing for the overall story as Merum dies anyway. And people who say this is the best of all time try to make you seem stupid by saying that you don't understand the were presented or "you only watch for action".

If people want to watch real development, check out "Monster".
troylawFeb 11, 2017 6:55 PM
Feb 11, 2017 9:00 PM

Jul 2013
troylaw said:
ShizuoSan said:

The thing that killed this Arc for me is attempt to give some deeper meaning to it in order to separate it from other Shounen Anime. Majority of people are now calling it the best arc because of “character development” and “great philosophical questions” that this arc provides. What a joke! Gon was annoying character to begin with but in this arc he passed all the boundaries.

I agree with especially this point. It does nothing for the overall story as Merum dies anyway. And people who say this is the best of all time try to make you seem stupid by saying that you don't understand the were presented or "you only watch for action".

you're both idiots and you couldn't understand even though you watched it
educate yourselves before you spout retarded shit
here's your entry into educating yourselves http://wrongeverytime.com/2014/08/04/imperfect-beings-hunter-x-hunter-and-the-chimera-ant/
Feb 12, 2017 3:49 AM

Sep 2015
StefanHere said:

here's your entry into educating yourselves http://wrongeverytime.com/2014/08/04/imperfect-beings-hunter-x-hunter-and-the-chimera-ant/

Once again, people assume I'm stupid. What you just linked is a thematic study.
I have already said that this arc is excellent thematically. What do you want now?

I have many problems with CA. One, I feel it didn't do much for the plotline. It was essentially a glorified way to make Gon lose his nen. We finally met his father who turns out to be a dead beat. Now what? There was no world building or anything. Just fancy plot devices.

We are introduced to Alluka, the biggest asspull I've seen who revives Gon who really should have died.

ShizuoSan already touched on my other issues. If this was a one shot, it would go down as the greatest of all time however, this arc is a continuation of a story. Its not suppose to build upon itself, but rather what has previously been established.

Togashi tried to pull on our heart strings and it worked for most, but not for me. This is simply because I don't care for Gon and his prepubescent rage. As far as I can I see, Gon is fine. This traumatic experience did nothing to him.
Feb 12, 2017 10:00 AM

Jul 2015
troylaw said:
StefanHere said:

Once again, people assume I'm stupid. What you just linked is a thematic study.
I have already said that this arc is excellent thematically. What do you want now?

I have many problems with CA. One, I feel it didn't do much for the plotline. It was essentially a glorified way to make Gon lose his nen. We finally met his father who turns out to be a dead beat. Now what? There was no world building or anything. Just fancy plot devices.

We are introduced to Alluka, the biggest asspull I've seen who revives Gon who really should have died.

ShizuoSan already touched on my other issues. If this was a one shot, it would go down as the greatest of all time however, this arc is a continuation of a story. Its not suppose to build upon itself, but rather what has previously been established.

Togashi tried to pull on our heart strings and it worked for most, but not for me. This is simply because I don't care for Gon and his prepubescent rage. As far as I can I see, Gon is fine. This traumatic experience did nothing to him.
https://www.reddit.com/r/HunterXHunter/comments/5tjlf6/lets_talk_asspull/Read this Fam
Sup...
Feb 12, 2017 10:03 AM

Jul 2015
StefanHere said:
troylaw said:

I have watched Monster and Read 20th Century Boys, and Hunter x Hunter still is on that tier with developed characters and storytelling
Sup...
Feb 12, 2017 10:16 AM

Jul 2015
The only problems I had with the Chimera ant arc, was the slow start(until episode 80), and the pacing in episodes 113-115, everything else was God tier, 2nd Best arc in anime/manga(1st being the Golden Age Arc, and 3rd being the Shogun Assassination Arc)
Sup...
Feb 12, 2017 11:03 AM
May 2015
Ppl consider CA the worst arc of HxH bc them only care for action, and not for actual story.
/enough said
Feb 12, 2017 12:08 PM

Aug 2014
Gon was such a little shit in this arc <.<
Feb 12, 2017 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
The pacing was what ruined the arc itself. However, despite the criticism, I enjoyed the arc overall. There was a lot of action and tension compared to the past arc, yet it was so stretched out that I stopped giving a damn about the characters in general. Nevertheless, it's still a good arc, which provides some important issues about humanity as a whole, but glosses through them with a pseudo-intellectual slideshow based on images of the Tet Offensive, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the Tiananmen Square massacre.
Feb 12, 2017 5:41 PM

Jul 2016
I didn't care for it either. I'm not a huge fan of long running shonen in the first place, but everyone assured me it was a masterpiece and change my mind. The rest of the series had solid pacing (besides Greed Island) and thats my biggest issue with the genre. CA was horrendously slow and I couldn't enjoy it. It had some good moments but overall the narrator and excessive secondary characters dragged it down further for me. I can't help but feel everyone likes this so much just because the villain has a mawkish romance. Also, the show is smarter than its peers and is probably a breath of fresh air compared to One Piece and Fairy Tail, but not as smart as the reviews lead you to believe
Feb 12, 2017 6:30 PM

Sep 2015

The way Togashi wrote the story, a Gon transformation was inevitable. I didn't enjoy watching it, but it is what it is. However, Gon effectively became the strongest person in the verse. I don't buy that whole "power of nen vowel" business. Kurapika did it, but he didn't become extraordinarily OP. Are we suppose to believe a 12 year old is the only one in history to attain such a feat because by all accounts he is the only one.

I said to myself during the transformation that if he died afterwards, I would be Ok with how this went down. I may be wrong, but didn't the narrator even say he should have died or was going to die? Well, he survived and I need someone to explain to me how that's possible because after such exertion, he should have been dead. The kid even survived long enough for Killua to go and fetch Alluka. Seriously?

Gon is the MC so of course he had to live, which brings me to Alluka. What you just linked me is largely another thematic study or in this case damage control. HxH fans like to use themes in order to justify power schemes and such. If something is said be wrong they say "oh this relates to human spirit blah blah... Humanity parallels blah blah...". I about those things if it doesn't make sense to elements of the story.

To quote the post: "Let us get this straight: "foreshadowing" any of Alluka's abilities would ruin the story." This is what a plot hole is. If an event occurs that brings a text into disrepute as a result of lack of foreshadowing or explanation, it is a plot hole. Its not my problem if it would ruin the story. Maybe next time write it differently. Now we have a character who Killua said could probably grant any wish. Do you not see the problem here?

Also HxH on par with 20CB and Monster in terms of character development? Nah. I'll say it once more. What Togashi did with Mereum is genius, but it does nothing at all for the story apart from give people something to cry over. Gon is fine. No signs of trauma or anything.
troylawFeb 12, 2017 6:34 PM
Feb 12, 2017 6:52 PM

Jul 2015
troylaw said:

The way Togashi wrote the story, a Gon transformation was inevitable. I didn't enjoy watching it, but it is what it is. However, Gon effectively became the strongest person in the verse. I don't buy that whole "power of nen vowel" business. Kurapika did it, but he didn't become extraordinarily OP. Are we suppose to believe a 12 year old is the only one in history to attain such a feat because by all accounts he is the only one.

I said to myself during the transformation that if he died afterwards, I would be Ok with how this went down. I may be wrong, but didn't the narrator even say he should have died or was going to die? Well, he survived and I need someone to explain to me how that's possible because after such exertion, he should have been dead. The kid even survived long enough for Killua to go and fetch Alluka. Seriously?

Gon is the MC so of course he had to live, which brings me to Alluka. What you just linked me is largely another thematic study or in this case damage control. HxH fans like to use themes in order to justify power schemes and such. If something is said be wrong they say "oh this relates to human spirit blah blah... Humanity parallels blah blah...". I about those things if it doesn't make sense to elements of the story.

To quote the post: "Let us get this straight: "foreshadowing" any of Alluka's abilities would ruin the story." This is what a plot hole is. If an event occurs that brings a text into disrepute as a result of lack of foreshadowing or explanation, it is a plot hole. Its not my problem if it would ruin the story. Maybe next time write it differently. Now we have a character who Killua said could probably grant any wish. Do you not see the problem here?

Also HxH on par with 20CB and Monster in terms of character development? Nah. I'll say it once more. What Togashi did with Mereum is genius, but it does nothing at all for the story apart from give people something to cry over. Gon is fine. No signs of trauma or anything.
He Lost all his Nen, Lost Killua as someone who stays by his side, and dude...Gon is NO where Near the strength of the Strongest chracters in the srries...if he walked on the Dark Continent he would die...that's Why Kurapika, Ging, and Leorio are the Main Characters of the Dark Continent Arc...not Gon and Killua
SenpaiJay98Feb 12, 2017 7:02 PM
Sup...
Feb 13, 2017 2:08 AM
Feb 2017
StefanHere said:
troylaw said:

You perfectly proved my point. I’ll quote myself: “Monkey does what monkey sees”. I believe you heard how magnificent HxH is, read some articles about it and decided to watch it. Doing that your opinion was already formed and you had no chance to change it, given how weak-minded person you are. I believe that you are weak-minded because of “Idiot” word you used and the whole composition of your sentence. With that one sentence you revealed a whole lot about yourself. I won’t bother reading that article you linked. I believe I stated my arguments, if you really understood everything try providing some logical explanation if you can. I don’t think that it is possible. Thank you for perfectly proving my point here.

SenpaiJay98 said:
He Lost all his Nen, Lost Killua as someone who stays by his side, and dude...Gon is NO where Near the strength of the Strongest chracters in the srries...if he walked on the Dark Continent he would die...that's Why Kurapika, Ging, and Leorio are the Main Characters of the Dark Continent Arc...not Gon and Killua

I might have missed it, but where in the Anime is stated that Gon couldn’t use his Nen anymore? I would think a little more about HxH if he really lost his Nen forever. He is a terrible main character by far the worst from all the other Shounen main characters. Constantly doing idiotic, reckless and selfish things and constantly getting rewarded. I believe at the time of Gon fight with Pitou he really became the strongest character in HxH. Netero stated that Pitou would destroyed him if they fought, but Gon killed her instantly.

Where is it stated that Leorio and Kurapika are stronger than Gon and Killua? I got the impression that it is other way around.

Also we are moving away from the topic. If we are talking about everything that is wrong about HxH i could write for days. Now if the Anime is only till the CA then I would have significantly less to write about. Same goes if the CA was the standalone Anime.
Feb 13, 2017 7:29 AM

Jul 2015
ShizuoSan said:
StefanHere said:

You perfectly proved my point. I’ll quote myself: “Monkey does what monkey sees”. I believe you heard how magnificent HxH is, read some articles about it and decided to watch it. Doing that your opinion was already formed and you had no chance to change it, given how weak-minded person you are. I believe that you are weak-minded because of “Idiot” word you used and the whole composition of your sentence. With that one sentence you revealed a whole lot about yourself. I won’t bother reading that article you linked. I believe I stated my arguments, if you really understood everything try providing some logical explanation if you can. I don’t think that it is possible. Thank you for perfectly proving my point here.

SenpaiJay98 said:

I might have missed it, but where in the Anime is stated that Gon couldn’t use his Nen anymore? I would think a little more about HxH if he really lost his Nen forever. He is a terrible main character by far the worst from all the other Shounen main characters. Constantly doing idiotic, reckless and selfish things and constantly getting rewarded. I believe at the time of Gon fight with Pitou he really became the strongest character in HxH. Netero stated that Pitou would destroyed him if they fought, but Gon killed her instantly.

Where is it stated that Leorio and Kurapika are stronger than Gon and Killua? I got the impression that it is other way around.

Also we are moving away from the topic. If we are talking about everything that is wrong about HxH i could write for days. Now if the Anime is only till the CA then I would have significantly less to write about. Same goes if the CA was the standalone Anime.
They're stronger than him(right now, because Gon doesn't have his powers, and Leorio is going to be more with the Zodiacs while Kurapika is hunting for eyes and Ging is looking out for Beyond Netero), 5 chapters after the anime ended says that Gon is reset back to his previous self and now he's taking a break at Whale Island(and Killua is out somewhere with Alluka
Sup...
Feb 13, 2017 9:52 AM
Feb 2017
troylaw said:

And people who say this is the best of all time try to make you seem stupid by saying that you don't understand the were presented or "you only watch for action".

Amanda-san said:
Ppl consider CA the worst arc of HxH bc them only care for action, and not for actual story.
/enough said

I am amazed how even after reading your comment someone will come and say the exact thing you said they will say.

"This arc is a continuation of a story. Its not suppose to build upon itself, but rather what has previously been established."
Perfectly said! Couldn't agree more.
Feb 18, 2017 5:48 AM

Feb 2017
As you should know in the world of HxH the land is filled with many different types of dangerous and powerful monsters. It'd be almost crazy to not add an arc that pertains to fighting one of those over-powered species. This arc helps with and supports the fact that the world of HxH is filled with danger and caution.

I see why you think it was a random arc though, randomly a queen ant walks out the ocean. In my opinion though they could've introduced the queen a lot worse.

I loved this arc cause you got to see how non-human creatures on earth can gain nen, and how dangerous they can be. It also opened up the fact the main protagonists need to make their powers stronger for the new threat and with that, the main protagonists became more badass. It also gave a purpose to uncover the Phatom Troupe members abilities which I really liked.

One thing I hated about this arc is how long they stretched it. Like going close to the climax they would stretch one small task for one entire episode and it aggravated me.

Nonetheless it's a really good arc.
Feb 18, 2017 11:26 AM
Feb 2017
ShizuoSan said:
Chimera Arc = The biggest mistake of my anime watching career. How can something so bad be consider so good? This thread is the only reason I finished watching it, and I have never been so annoyed in my life. If someone can explain me why this is considered good please do.

When I first saw that big ant queen, I thought this would be some small kind of a filler arc to get Kite some screen time. Oh boy was I wrong. It didn’t take long for me to be seriously annoyed with the arc. Ants were just too overpowered even if there is an explanation for this it still doesn’t feel right. The hunters spent years training and then some ants that were born yesterday are 10 times stronger. This kept annoying me till the end.

The thing that killed this Arc for me is attempt to give some deeper meaning to it in order to separate it from other Shounen Anime. Majority of people are now calling it the best arc because of “character development” and “great philosophical questions” that this arc provides. What a joke! Gon was annoying character to begin with but in this arc he passed all the boundaries. First of all Kite’s introduction was not that greatly done I didn’t see them sharing that strong of a connection so Gon’s behavior after his death was totally unreasonable. More so because of his behavior before this arc. After meeting that Rabbit ant, it made absolutely zero sense for them to continue pursuit without backup. That was just lazy writing trying to kill of Kite without much reason to give Gon reason to go berserk. Also it made zero sense that they sent only couple of hunters to deal with the Ant threat, given how big of a threat they were. They were certainly hunters more qualified than Gon and Killua. The whole arc made zero sense.

I cannot write all the things that were wrong with this arc, but Meruem death is certainly the one. Was he really killed by a poison? I cannot even try to explain how stupid that is. He was the only ant I actually liked, but everything around him was so boring. Gon’s transformation? Is that really a good writing? The Ants were made so overpowered that in order to defeat them, the writer had to make some really idiotic stuff.

This really looks like another monkey does what monkey sees syndrome. People have heard that this arc has some deeper meaning and that if they say that they like it they will sound smart. No explanation is provided except “great char dev”, ”great writing” and my favorite “Everyone is already agreed that this is the best arc, you are just not smart enough to understand”. To be fair there are some who will phrase this better and mask it in order to sound like they really know what they are talking about. But the whole “this arc is about discovering who the real monster is and what makes them do what they do” charade is just that, a charade. I can understand if someone likes this, I like many things that I know are bad, but to say that this is the best arc is a blasphemy.

Now if this arc was made differently, for example if they ditched the idea of trying to deepen the content and just made it about fighting. There was room for some great fights and this arc could have been epic if we neglect the fact that the Ants came out of nowhere and were so unreasonably overpowered.

Exactly my thoughts! I read this arc when it was still being written, which lasted like 3,000 years with all the hiatus Togashi took. It was honestly the WEAKEST arc of any manga I've ever seen!

I'll list my grievances below. This arc was just a badly written and poor direction for the story for many many reasons.

a) Where did the queen come from? The "dark continent" isn't an answer. We SAW Chimera Ants being small and comparable to the size of a regular ant at the beginning of the arc. How did a King manage to mate with a human? Because that's how queens are born. The Kings mate with other species and THEY birth the new queens. This queen had clear human features (walking upright, teeth and language). How did she come to be? No explanation. The queen is just the first asspull in a series of many!

b) Anything that has to do with basic biology failed 100% in that arc. The ants were born with non-genetic traits. They were born with language and the ability to read even though these are not passed through genes. Kaito had an interpreter with him so she could translate the NGL language, but the ants had no problem speaking with anyone. Most were born with CLOTHES! They could've easily raided a clothes shop and chose their own outfits as part of their individualism, but no. They're BORN with clothes...

c) The series is built on "smart usage of Nen". Before this arc, most Nen users were distinguished by their Hatsu and how they utilized their aura. Even someone like Uvo was killed easily by Kurapica because he knew how to counter him. Hisoka, someone whose entire ability was being a sticky perv, was considered one of the deadliest Nen users in the series. This all was thrown out of the window in this arc! No more smart usage, just overpowered villains who make a little too much usage of "this ain't even my final form yet!". The whole arc just threw off balancing for the sake of flashiness.

d) The fights were great but the payoff was ABYSMAL! I loved all the fights, but NONE of them had a satisfying payoff. Not a single satisfying win. Morel lost despite his strategy, Knuckle gave up seconds before he could win, Kite lost too easily and Netero died without scratching the King. The only winners in this scenario were actually the Spiders. They were the only ones who "won" because they faced reasonably powered ants.

e) Gon had ZERO development. Each arc he and Killua had visible improvement, but in this arc he achieves Mereum-level power (once-and-done) by sacrificing a few years of his life; a Nen user typically lives much longer than a regular human. Zeno said that Netero was an old geezer when he was still a child. So we can assume that proficient Nen users can live up to 150+ years. Gon sacrificed 10 years, that's nothing! How did he gain power that matched the King?! Are you telling me that Netero, perhaps the strongest hunter to ever live, was outmatched by a child who just sacrificed a few years? Netero, the man whose punches exceeded the speed of sound, the man who made Maha Zoldyck GIVE UP on a job, the man who survived the dark continent TWICE, the man who was praised by Zeno as a beast and who could move literally in an instant, didn't have the strength that Gon did when he sacrificed a few years of his long long looooong life?! You realize Netero sacrificed his WHOLE LIFE to blow Mereum, but apparently Gon's 10 years are more valuable than Netero's life.

f) The King was too overpowered. People will refer again to the dark continent argument, but that's not enough. The dark continent is a whole other can of worms and its introduction did the series no favors. How did they come to be, we don't know. But we've seen the power of Ai (Naniki, i.e. Alluka's transformation) and we know that its power is extremely powerful and has restrictions at the same time. It's not like Ai was granting wishes freely, there were severe condition that resulted in death if not met. The King's power was simply out of this anime, it was Perfect Cell imported from DBZ at the same power level. Of course no one stood a chance, and of course it makes no sense.

g) The ending...perhaps the worst part...a man who cornered himself with the power of his villains, Togashi chose the easy-way-out. "Oh they died of...sickness!". How was that satisfying? Everyone suffered a TOTAL LOSS and in the end the ants killed themselves. Very very handy. Makes great storytelling sense!

h) Power balancing. This series was about efficient and smart usage of one's Nen. In this arc and in the arcs after it, it just became "who's Togashi's favourite character? They get a power boost for free!". I mean, Chrollo literally removes one of his restrictions (holding the book) and his power IMPROVES! Ging is straight up Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho. Just on steroids. Because at this point, Togashi ignored completely the smart utilization of Hatsu in favor of just pure power and energy shots...

i) Everything after. The dark continent makes the world feel so insignificant. Humans really don't matter. Their entire world is in a LAKE of the real continent. Their power is so low that they have a survival rate of 0.04% in the dark continent. Everything they do is just trivial. They faced a very limited amount of calamities and failed against ALL of them. The Chimera Ants aren't even considered a calamity and they failed against them. Why would we ever be interested in such losers? It's like watching frogs in a puddle of water.

HxH manga started going downhill with the Greed Island arc. Many hiatus, low quality of story and art, and the writer forgot the rules he himself set.

Chimera Ant arc takes a 3/10 for the fights, nothing else.

LONG EDIT:
ShizuoSan said:
If we are talking about everything that is wrong about HxH i could write for days.

For me, it's mainly three points: Gon and Gin, the fact that most characters are evil, and power balancing.

a) Am I the only one who hates both Gon and Ging?

Ging keeps being shown bragging and talking about Gon, but he has spent NO TIME with his son. He made finding himself extra hard and showed no interest in his son's friends. He even instructed Razor (a murder) not to go easy on Gon, when Razor asked if he could kill him, Ging just says "Don't get cocky, he's my son." Really? You don't even know what he looks like! He wins worst father in all anime.

And Gon...when was the last time you saw an orphan who was abandoned by his father, told that his father didn't want to see him and that he'll actively avoid him? Was that orphan anywhere near as attached to his father as Gon? No wonder Gon is selfish, it's not that he's a good or charitable character, he's just selfish and puts himself before others because of severe abandonment. Remember the fight with Gunthru? How he insisted on doing what he wanted, not what the plan was. It's a pattern with him.

b) Who's the good guy in this anime? The Hunter association accepts all manner of evil people in it. They let in Hisoka and Illumi, Netero himself wasn't a good guy, Zeno had more moral fiber than he did in the Chimera Ant arc.

You'd think that a proficient Nen user would approach the law-keepers and offer them his services, but we don't see that. Nen is restricted to Hunters and those who unlocked it on their own. Why do they keep Nen a well-guarded secret? Because "it's too dangerous in the wrong hands" is the justification given, but really whose hands are the right ones? When the Spiders butchered thousands in Yorknew city, no hunters interfered. They just let them die. "They were mafia goons, they didn't deserve protection" is not true. The majority of deaths were those of the police force.

Even when teaching Nen, they've almost never taught the full thing. Gon and Killua were taught the basics, but they didn't even know about anything beyond them. Leorio simply learned Ten and thought that was it. And Kurapica would've never learned restrictions if he didn't ignore his trainer and cause him to tell him just to keep him around. How many people are lucky enough to have someone like Bisky train them?

Ging and his friends made Greed Island. A lawless "game" set in the real world with absolutely no governance or consequences. Killing, raping, maiming and all crimes are fair conduct in it. He even employed a psychotic killer (Razor) to be a game master. The game was moderated by a number of Nen users as we saw at the end, yet none of them thought to adjust the rules to prevent or even lessen the kill count of people like the Bomber.

Nen users see themselves above the law because so few in the world have the ability to use Nen, and even fewer have the full realization of how Nen operates. It's not in their best interest to teach it to law-keepers or people in general. Those with power want to monopolize it. There are no good people in that anime. No wonder so many Nen users are kinda trashy. They never found guidance because the real powerful Nen users didn't want competition!

c) I've spoken about power balancing previously, I just watched the anime over the past week and it's really clear that Togashi likes to play favourites.

Lastly, I just had some things I needed to say about this anime / manga. Don't get me wrong, it's one of my favourites. I put it as my favourite anime and 2nd favourite manga of all time. I just needed to get these points off of my chest.
KaoshoshFeb 18, 2017 4:09 PM
Feb 21, 2017 2:26 AM

Nov 2015
Chimera Ant arc is the reason HxH is so well regarded in the community. The reason it has that 9+ rating.
Of course, if you're looking for a high octane action romp, then it's likely to disappoint. It's definitely alot more slow and mellow than prior arcs, which IMO works in it's favour, since it's largely a character study.
✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び交うEmpty gun cartridges
紅いヒールに見惚れて うっかり風穴欲しいヤツは 挙手をしな

・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Mar 14, 2017 5:23 PM

Mar 2013
That's my favourite arc, the darkness, the concept of "monsters", the character development, the music, the intensity, the sadness... just an outstanding arc, an outstanding anime. Oh, how i miss HxH :(
"I believe in panties" ~ Shiina Mashiro
Apr 7, 2017 4:19 AM

Sep 2010
robis798 said:
Allwynd said:

I completely agree with you - Hunter and Hunter 2011 is amazing and in some ways surpassing the old one, what I don't like are Yorknew and Chimera and arcs, they are horrible and boring. What I did was watch one of three episodes while skipping every 10 seconds, so I watched those two shitty arcs within 5 minutes each. And then I proceded watching the Chairman Election, which is a lot cooler.

Can you stop? People really like to share this stuff don't they.

It's only your opinion and weird taste that you find those arcs boring and ''horrible''. HxH is so well received because of those arcs, because without them it would be another generic battle shonen, but with those arcs it surpases them by quite a lot.

Also, skipping arcs? This is the stupidest thing I have heard in a while.

Can you stop? People really like to share this stuff don't they. It's only your opinion and weird taste that you find those boring arcs so amazing that they , according to you, ''surpass '' other shonen series.

Also not skipping arcs you would not enjoy watching? This is the stupidest thing I have heard in a while.

..See what I did there? I find your reply to be on the slightly hypocritic side. To be clear, the above is not actually my opinion. I was just mirroring your comment to make a point. Your entiteld to your own opinions about the hunter x hunter arcs. So is everybody else.

Fact is, you attacked somebody for sharing their opinion, by countering with an opinion of your own. This is pointless. We all have our own opinions and tastes, and neither is more true or superior then the other.

I loved Yorknew, but found CA a bit dissapointing (perhaps I expected to much after all the hype it got.) I don't think it's bad, but I don't think it's great either. I expected more I guess.

I can see why people would love or hate either of those arcs though. And thats fine.

Also there is no shonen thats better then all others. Just like there is no fruit that tastes better then all others, or a car thats better then all others, or a music style thats better then all others. Etc. We all have our own tastes and preferences, and of course seek that out which fits those tastes and preferences. Hunter x Hunter never is and never will be the best shonen as universal fact. At best it can be your personal favorite, and others their personal favorite. And among all those who love HXH there can be those who love CA arc, and those who hate it. That doesn't make either's love for HXH more or less then the other.

It just makes it different.

Apr 7, 2017 8:24 AM

Oct 2013
Eranime90 said:
robis798 said:

Can you stop? People really like to share this stuff don't they.

It's only your opinion and weird taste that you find those arcs boring and ''horrible''. HxH is so well received because of those arcs, because without them it would be another generic battle shonen, but with those arcs it surpases them by quite a lot.

Also, skipping arcs? This is the stupidest thing I have heard in a while.

Can you stop? People really like to share this stuff don't they. It's only your opinion and weird taste that you find those boring arcs so amazing that they , according to you, ''surpass '' other shonen series.

Also not skipping arcs you would not enjoy watching? This is the stupidest thing I have heard in a while.

..See what I did there? I find your reply to be on the slightly hypocritic side. To be clear, the above is not actually my opinion. I was just mirroring your comment to make a point. Your entiteld to your own opinions about the hunter x hunter arcs. So is everybody else.

Fact is, you attacked somebody for sharing their opinion, by countering with an opinion of your own. This is pointless. We all have our own opinions and tastes, and neither is more true or superior then the other.

I loved Yorknew, but found CA a bit dissapointing (perhaps I expected to much after all the hype it got.) I don't think it's bad, but I don't think it's great either. I expected more I guess.

I can see why people would love or hate either of those arcs though. And thats fine.

Also there is no shonen thats better then all others. Just like there is no fruit that tastes better then all others, or a car thats better then all others, or a music style thats better then all others. Etc. We all have our own tastes and preferences, and of course seek that out which fits those tastes and preferences. Hunter x Hunter never is and never will be the best shonen as universal fact. At best it can be your personal favorite, and others their personal favorite. And among all those who love HXH there can be those who love CA arc, and those who hate it. That doesn't make either's love for HXH more or less then the other.

It just makes it different.

Completely agree with your opinion. I just got curious, have you watched CA arc? Or you are just on episode 110?
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Apr 7, 2017 8:48 AM

Jan 2017
People who says this shit is better than any of the FMA versions probably suffer from brain damage.
It's hardly better than OP or Nardo and is just lucky that it got a proper adaptation unlike others of it's kind.

Chimera Ant Arc was draggy but epic though......
Apr 8, 2017 12:48 PM

Aug 2015
zumac said:
People who says this shit is better than any of the FMA versions probably suffer from brain damage.
It's hardly better than OP or Nardo and is just lucky that it got a proper adaptation unlike others of it's kind.

Chimera Ant Arc was draggy but epic though......

What you said is just retarded. I think you're the one with brain damage here.
Apr 17, 2017 7:58 PM

May 2008
Crimefridge said:
Chimera Ant arc may have been completely awful from the inside-out, but the show and manga already had signs of wear to begin with.

The thing is... you're not wrong.

The quality starts tanking with each arc which is a shame because the arcs are not bad ideas, just bad executions. For me, biggest problem with HxH is how convenience becomes a major thing more and more until the CA arc was basically built on top of it. No amount of "character development", "themes", and "plot" changed that knowledge in my brain, especially when it's the foundation of why these three things exist. Why should I care about anything when things feel like they're happening conveniently and when the anime/mangaka needs them to? Heck, even CA arc's themes and outcomes aren't anything new (for storytelling, at least).

Then, to make it worse, it's the power scale. It goes off the freaking charts in the CA arc as if Yorknew wasn't bad enough. And it's not even done naturally; it's just so Togashi can take the easy route with his writing. The power scale in HxH would make Dragon Ball Super proud.

All of this makes me question if the CA arc (and by extension the Yorknew arc since they're the same in purpose) a masterpiece because it appears in a shounen? Would people still like it if it was in a seinen or regular book?

Yet people have to compare HxH to other shounen as if it's only a "masterpiece" because of its' not-genre not because it's actually good as a story. Not saying it is or isn't, but if HxH is actually a masterpiece, it being a shounen shouldn't matter.
Apr 21, 2017 12:41 PM

Mar 2016
Greed Island is awful... OMG! That arc sucks so much -.-
I haven't finished HxH until know, but that as been the worst 'til now...
Apr 22, 2017 4:31 PM
Mar 2017
Chimera Ant is what I would call "cool story bro but tell it better next time." The ideas and themes behind Chimera Ant are solid. The characters introduced in Chimera Ant (Pouf, Welfin and Rammot withstanding) are solid.

I'll tell you what though. None of that matters when I have to skip episodes and realize that nothing had changed in that time. There was NO reason that this had to be over 60 episodes. 40-45 was all you needed. I get that it's this epic saga. I get that it's this grand narrative, I get all that. It doesn't matter though when the act of watching it becomes boring and tedious.

Overall, I couldn't say more than a 6.5/10. The bullet point features i.e characters, plot and themes are great. Enough to make it an above average story but the way they they are mixed and implemented felt like a Dragon Ball Z arc.
Apr 23, 2017 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
Kaoshosh said:
ShizuoSan said:

Exactly my thoughts! I read this arc when it was still being written, which lasted like 3,000 years with all the hiatus Togashi took. It was honestly the WEAKEST arc of any manga I've ever seen!

I'll list my grievances below. This arc was just a badly written and poor direction for the story for many many reasons.

a) Where did the queen come from? The "dark continent" isn't an answer. We SAW Chimera Ants being small and comparable to the size of a regular ant at the beginning of the arc. How did a King manage to mate with a human? Because that's how queens are born. The Kings mate with other species and THEY birth the new queens. This queen had clear human features (walking upright, teeth and language). How did she come to be? No explanation. The queen is just the first asspull in a series of many!

b) Anything that has to do with basic biology failed 100% in that arc. The ants were born with non-genetic traits. They were born with language and the ability to read even though these are not passed through genes. Kaito had an interpreter with him so she could translate the NGL language, but the ants had no problem speaking with anyone. Most were born with CLOTHES! They could've easily raided a clothes shop and chose their own outfits as part of their individualism, but no. They're BORN with clothes...

c) The series is built on "smart usage of Nen". Before this arc, most Nen users were distinguished by their Hatsu and how they utilized their aura. Even someone like Uvo was killed easily by Kurapica because he knew how to counter him. Hisoka, someone whose entire ability was being a sticky perv, was considered one of the deadliest Nen users in the series. This all was thrown out of the window in this arc! No more smart usage, just overpowered villains who make a little too much usage of "this ain't even my final form yet!". The whole arc just threw off balancing for the sake of flashiness.

d) The fights were great but the payoff was ABYSMAL! I loved all the fights, but NONE of them had a satisfying payoff. Not a single satisfying win. Morel lost despite his strategy, Knuckle gave up seconds before he could win, Kite lost too easily and Netero died without scratching the King. The only winners in this scenario were actually the Spiders. They were the only ones who "won" because they faced reasonably powered ants.

e) Gon had ZERO development. Each arc he and Killua had visible improvement, but in this arc he achieves Mereum-level power (once-and-done) by sacrificing a few years of his life; a Nen user typically lives much longer than a regular human. Zeno said that Netero was an old geezer when he was still a child. So we can assume that proficient Nen users can live up to 150+ years. Gon sacrificed 10 years, that's nothing! How did he gain power that matched the King?! Are you telling me that Netero, perhaps the strongest hunter to ever live, was outmatched by a child who just sacrificed a few years? Netero, the man whose punches exceeded the speed of sound, the man who made Maha Zoldyck GIVE UP on a job, the man who survived the dark continent TWICE, the man who was praised by Zeno as a beast and who could move literally in an instant, didn't have the strength that Gon did when he sacrificed a few years of his long long looooong life?! You realize Netero sacrificed his WHOLE LIFE to blow Mereum, but apparently Gon's 10 years are more valuable than Netero's life.

f) The King was too overpowered. People will refer again to the dark continent argument, but that's not enough. The dark continent is a whole other can of worms and its introduction did the series no favors. How did they come to be, we don't know. But we've seen the power of Ai (Naniki, i.e. Alluka's transformation) and we know that its power is extremely powerful and has restrictions at the same time. It's not like Ai was granting wishes freely, there were severe condition that resulted in death if not met. The King's power was simply out of this anime, it was Perfect Cell imported from DBZ at the same power level. Of course no one stood a chance, and of course it makes no sense.

g) The ending...perhaps the worst part...a man who cornered himself with the power of his villains, Togashi chose the easy-way-out. "Oh they died of...sickness!". How was that satisfying? Everyone suffered a TOTAL LOSS and in the end the ants killed themselves. Very very handy. Makes great storytelling sense!

h) Power balancing. This series was about efficient and smart usage of one's Nen. In this arc and in the arcs after it, it just became "who's Togashi's favourite character? They get a power boost for free!". I mean, Chrollo literally removes one of his restrictions (holding the book) and his power IMPROVES! Ging is straight up Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho. Just on steroids. Because at this point, Togashi ignored completely the smart utilization of Hatsu in favor of just pure power and energy shots...

i) Everything after. The dark continent makes the world feel so insignificant. Humans really don't matter. Their entire world is in a LAKE of the real continent. Their power is so low that they have a survival rate of 0.04% in the dark continent. Everything they do is just trivial. They faced a very limited amount of calamities and failed against ALL of them. The Chimera Ants aren't even considered a calamity and they failed against them. Why would we ever be interested in such losers? It's like watching frogs in a puddle of water.

HxH manga started going downhill with the Greed Island arc. Many hiatus, low quality of story and art, and the writer forgot the rules he himself set.

Chimera Ant arc takes a 3/10 for the fights, nothing else.

LONG EDIT:
ShizuoSan said:
If we are talking about everything that is wrong about HxH i could write for days.

For me, it's mainly three points: Gon and Gin, the fact that most characters are evil, and power balancing.

a) Am I the only one who hates both Gon and Ging?

Ging keeps being shown bragging and talking about Gon, but he has spent NO TIME with his son. He made finding himself extra hard and showed no interest in his son's friends. He even instructed Razor (a murder) not to go easy on Gon, when Razor asked if he could kill him, Ging just says "Don't get cocky, he's my son." Really? You don't even know what he looks like! He wins worst father in all anime.

And Gon...when was the last time you saw an orphan who was abandoned by his father, told that his father didn't want to see him and that he'll actively avoid him? Was that orphan anywhere near as attached to his father as Gon? No wonder Gon is selfish, it's not that he's a good or charitable character, he's just selfish and puts himself before others because of severe abandonment. Remember the fight with Gunthru? How he insisted on doing what he wanted, not what the plan was. It's a pattern with him.

b) Who's the good guy in this anime? The Hunter association accepts all manner of evil people in it. They let in Hisoka and Illumi, Netero himself wasn't a good guy, Zeno had more moral fiber than he did in the Chimera Ant arc.

You'd think that a proficient Nen user would approach the law-keepers and offer them his services, but we don't see that. Nen is restricted to Hunters and those who unlocked it on their own. Why do they keep Nen a well-guarded secret? Because "it's too dangerous in the wrong hands" is the justification given, but really whose hands are the right ones? When the Spiders butchered thousands in Yorknew city, no hunters interfered. They just let them die. "They were mafia goons, they didn't deserve protection" is not true. The majority of deaths were those of the police force.

Even when teaching Nen, they've almost never taught the full thing. Gon and Killua were taught the basics, but they didn't even know about anything beyond them. Leorio simply learned Ten and thought that was it. And Kurapica would've never learned restrictions if he didn't ignore his trainer and cause him to tell him just to keep him around. How many people are lucky enough to have someone like Bisky train them?

Ging and his friends made Greed Island. A lawless "game" set in the real world with absolutely no governance or consequences. Killing, raping, maiming and all crimes are fair conduct in it. He even employed a psychotic killer (Razor) to be a game master. The game was moderated by a number of Nen users as we saw at the end, yet none of them thought to adjust the rules to prevent or even lessen the kill count of people like the Bomber.

Nen users see themselves above the law because so few in the world have the ability to use Nen, and even fewer have the full realization of how Nen operates. It's not in their best interest to teach it to law-keepers or people in general. Those with power want to monopolize it. There are no good people in that anime. No wonder so many Nen users are kinda trashy. They never found guidance because the real powerful Nen users didn't want competition!

c) I've spoken about power balancing previously, I just watched the anime over the past week and it's really clear that Togashi likes to play favourites.

Lastly, I just had some things I needed to say about this anime / manga. Don't get me wrong, it's one of my favourites. I put it as my favourite anime and 2nd favourite manga of all time. I just needed to get these points off of my chest.

Ouch so much text. But I'll answer it some.

A] Ye we saw those but were also shown that they had potential with that 'Phagogenesis', inheriting and passing on traits. So those we saw were simply from a different colony--that hadn't developed as much as one the Queen could've come from.

She came from the Dark Continent and hadn't we heard later that humans tried exploring it before? In the manga at least so, and I read that many died. So humans would've been provided.

B] They were also born adult. Think of it as, they were remade. The Queen was able to pass on even their ability to read and speak. Unlike it was possible to her... for her parents not having been as developed.

Dude, the clothes were simply for convenience because nudity wouldn't be accepted. And it'd be awkward to write the characters embarrassed and having to go and steal clothes... y'know? This is pretty insignificant, but yeah it' be nice to see them having been written not born with those clothes. But it's the same thing as characters not ever/rarely changing clothes in anime--everything just accepts that, right? And this.

C] ... Hmm. Dude, but wasn't it pretty seeing those lesser CA using their traits in fight? The ones Gon and Killua fought. Wasn't there smart-usage of Nen for CA that actually knew how to use it? The darts couple, for example. There was also a couple others. (It seems like you're being unfair, then.) ... Dude, it's just the nature of how the CA are created; they're born stronger. And the most common 'strength' is physical-derived. (So going in accordance with this, most CAs aren't 'intellectuals'.) And the RGs are the strongest.

D] Morel wasn't in his best, as he said. Knuckle's simple and kind-hearted and young. It was a surprise even so what he did, but reasonable. ... (And you're not paying much attention to the previous fights before these, huh? Not fair, yo.) I think you, like many other viewers should've appreciated more the beauty that was in the conclusion of Knuckle's fight. It was something unexpected that tells that in reality things don't go the way we expect them to (with all the variables that should be present, and that writers struggle with reproducing). Like, no one could predict it. If it were only Knuckle's side, but the situation was also dependent on Youpi's change of mind.
Yeah it's reality striking, when Kite is taken by surprise like that. And Netero to be fair, did a good amount of damage to Meruem with his Zero Hand--when before, he had been already 'scratching' him.

E] What was said about Nen-users living longer isn't absolute. We were told that Enhancers had better regenerative capabilities and all that. And Netero was primarily one--that devoted his life to the improvement of his body. Not every Nen user goes as far as him, and not every one of them is an Enhancer. There should be Nen-abilities that strain the body more than usual and might end up shortening the users' lifespan.
Netero's age is actually 110, I saw somewhere. And it's not only because of Nen, but factors we don't know about, like in our world. I just checked and there are like between 150-1,000 people of age 110 and older. Let's just say that someone that'd live up to 80 could live up to 100 if they were Nen users (preferably Enhancers) concerned with the health of their bodies.
Um, aren't you forgetting something? Netero was old. He was way past his prime. When even playing with Gon in the airship he said he was concerned that he'd hurt himself. ... Gon could've possessed strength matching the Meruem, but like not his toughness. And not his intellect. And perhaps not his speed. What Pitou observed was the strength of his aura, only... And what does having sacrificed years (after having been healed) has to do with this? What boosted his strength is both taking his adult form and making the agreement of sacrificing his life--his entire life, for a power that'd last only a day.
He having survived the Dark Continent and all that had to do with other factors too, dude. But yeah you know this.
Are you really ignoring the context? Restriction and Covenant gave Gon power, eh. And what's with Netero having blown Meruem? That power came from the bomb, not from Netero.

F] Overpowered as he should've been. Just think that he doesn't have the thin skin we humans have. This already makes him a little stronger for providing him a little more toughness. Nen then strengthens it even more, widening the gap.(As we heard about Conjured objects being weaker than real ones, the material also matters, not only Nen.) ... And it does makes sense. Man, dude, remember: can humans achieve a Tiger's strength? Putting it simply, Meruem is a Tiger that's capable of using Nen. He's simply anatomically superior (and more) to humans.

G] He died to poison from the bomb that they had no time to adapt/find a cure to. It was reasonable (and fitting, for those that care about this). To add, he had been heavily exposed to that poison, but even so lasted a long while before dying. If he were instead lightly-exposed, it'd make sense to see him adapting to it, I think. You know? By now you should realize that his body is superior. It's like our 'stats' are capped at 100, but his goes to 150 plus.
And that's how the bomb was designed; It'd kill those that were injured but that could survive.

H] Yeah and how did he do it? So you disagree with the explanation given? Alright. And Ging? He hadn't even used his Nen abilities yet. The trait he has enables him to copy simple abilities, isn't it? Eh. (Although one could argue that what Leorio used wasn't simple/very simple).

I] xD Because these losers have the most potential, perhaps. Evolution and all that... (but often for malicious ends... like development of nuclear bombs).

Nice opinion. But yeah the hiatuses and art. But there's more than only the art--the related. Those who're more into manga know better, but you know--how the scenes are presented and all that. And rules? I talked with someone that criticized the show and he considered these rules forgotten during the GE Arc. And yeah, this person here disagreed. I just told him how it was Nen abilities in those cards, and they were all possibilities of Nen and that weren't shown before, because obviously, a limited amount of characters (even if relatively many).

A] Ging did all that but (which is what any father could do) but also did what very few can: become a source of unbiased admiration. Ging is one of the greatest persons alive. Because of this his son will follow his steps and strive to even surpass him.
Gon is afraid of disappointing his (great) father he admires so much before even meeting him. So with this in mind he goes beyond what he thinks would be someone else's limit. He carries much pride because he wants to consider himself worthy.

B] Dude, you forget that Nen is basically martial art? Gun? But with infinite possibilities. But to use Nen well one has to dedicate themselves to it. This'd require much time invested and continued investment. But people work. Those that spend most of their time doing something other than improving their skills will always be weaker. Martial arts aren't deadly like Nen. Someone fit that can handle a knife could take on a veteran fighter. And in case of guns, not as much skill is needed, and the limit to how proficient you can become is pretty close. But Nen... you can practically create nukes with it, like Gon and similarly, Uvogin did. Now we can regularize bombs, but can we regularize someone's training in their own home? Or people making bomb suits out of their own skin...

Good people? We call 'good people' those that aren't too selfish, isn't it? But if those people had the power to take more, by not having to ask nearly as much, then...? Would they remain...sheep? If they can become wolves? Unless depending on the situation, remaining a sheep actually contributes more to their survival (instincts gotta be taken into consideration like always), most would naturally want more. The problem is simply that power is attained too easily with Nen. Even some kid can break rocks with their bare hands. Another kid will be able to make explosions the level of grenades. It's just something too delicate... that their world isn't prepared for, yet... It's much easier to destroy, y'know. (Again, just imagine some kid going around destroying buildings.)

But eh, what these examples I gave are too simple... There's so much more involved with how their world would change if everyone knew about Nen... Perhaps--or probably, the author wouldn't be capable of writing a story like that. ...Or maintain it serious (so we can forgive).

ShizuoSan said:
After meeting that Rabbit ant, it made absolutely zero sense for them to continue pursuit without backup. That was just lazy writing trying to kill of Kite without much reason to give Gon reason to go berserk. Also it made zero sense that they sent only couple of hunters to deal with the Ant threat, given how big of a threat they were. They were certainly hunters more qualified than Gon and Killua. The whole arc made zero sense.

What backup? The pro hunters that were brought there were the only ones best fit for that environment and available at the moment (because of their unique abilities). We heard Morel complaining about how a less suitable hunter was sent to deal with some CA (Cheetu) against his wishes, and I think ended up dying.

There aren't many strong hunters over the world, it's that simple. And even less that'd fit their team composition, like I said above. Kite was strong enough to deal with the Ants they had met. It was unexpected for everyone for the Royal Guards to be as strong as they revealed themselves to be. It's like they were a bunch of Neteros. Bringing less suitable and strong hunters wouldn't help. And even though Gon and Killua were young, they were still pretty strong. We know that their strength surpassed that of practically every average, adult hunter. (How many ordinary people are given Killua's training? And how many have Gon's Nen capacity?) But Kite said they could be sent back if things became too dangerous for them to accompany him. But the CAs were underestimated.

'Badly done'? I had the impression that it wasn't supposed to be done in the first place. And in fact it wasn't.

It wasn't stupid, yo. The bomb was designed to kill with poison those that'd survive the explosion. The poison would travel through the air but also farther by contaminating beings and their surroundings. The CAs were heavily exposed to the poison and had not enough time to adapt/develop a cure for it.

Yeah I think Gon's transformation was superb. The beautiful thing about it was that he became his adult self, which was mainly what made him stronger--but else I think was the Restriction and Covenant that boosted his strength more (besides making the transformation possible).

What I don't like seeing is teenagers reaching maximum level of strength in a universe. C'mon, is that how it happens in reality? That's just wish-granting for the target audience (which is a shame, y'know).
removed-userApr 24, 2017 8:22 AM
May 10, 2017 2:52 AM
Feb 2017
Rehls said:

What backup? The pro hunters that were brought there were the only ones best fit for that environment and available at the moment (because of their unique abilities). We heard Morel complaining about how a less suitable hunter was sent to deal with some CA (Cheetu) against his wishes, and I think ended up dying.

There aren't many strong hunters over the world, it's that simple. And even less that'd fit their team composition, like I said above. Kite was strong enough to deal with the Ants they had met. It was unexpected for everyone for the Royal Guards to be as strong as they revealed themselves to be. It's like they were a bunch of Neteros. Bringing less suitable and strong hunters wouldn't help. And even though Gon and Killua were young, they were still pretty strong. We know that their strength surpassed that of practically every average, adult hunter. (How many ordinary people are given Killua's training? And how many have Gon's Nen capacity?) But Kite said they could be sent back if things became too dangerous for them to accompany him. But the CAs were underestimated.

'Badly done'? I had the impression that it wasn't supposed to be done in the first place. And in fact it wasn't.

It wasn't stupid, yo. The bomb was designed to kill with poison those that'd survive the explosion. The poison would travel through the air but also farther by contaminating beings and their surroundings. The CAs were heavily exposed to the poison and had not enough time to adapt/develop a cure for it.

Yeah I think Gon's transformation was superb. The beautiful thing about it was that he became his adult self, which was mainly what made him stronger--but else I think was the Restriction and Covenant that boosted his strength more (besides making the transformation possible).

What I don't like seeing is teenagers reaching maximum level of strength in a universe. C'mon, is that how it happens in reality? That's just wish-granting for the target audience (which is a shame, y'know).

First of all I have to commend you for writing such a passionate answer. But unfortunately you are fighting a battle that was lost long ago.

I am talking about Anime adaptation not stuff that was in manga. I’ll try to reply to your reply and will add some more stuff that I didn’t say in my previous replies.

Let’s talk about Power topic. How is the Power scaling done in this Anime? I would say terribly done, through the whole anime we had no idea who is how strong. And the only time they tried to give us same clue was when Killua was explaining to Gon the difference between Hisoka, that Ninja guy, Killua and Gon. That shows to me 2 things. First the Anime didn’t go how writer expected, second Nen was not planned at the beginning of the anime. I mean he put Ninja guy really close to Hisoka, and Ninja didn’t know Nen at the time and we now know that Hisoka is one of the strongest guy in the world.(Don’t you dare saying how this was to show how little Killua knew about the world at that time, this was a clear MISTAKE).

Now there is a question of why no one knew about Nen at the beginning? Killua should have known about it given his lineage. And Kurapika should have known also. This is not a One Piece world where news are brought to you by birds. And even One Piece did a better job at this, of course you can say that they should have heard about Haki, but they really had no reason to. Whereas here the only plausible reason of why they didn’t hear is that it was only though of later on.

What about Phantom Troupe? The ruthless assassins who after you killed their 2 members and banished their leader say “Thank you”. Really? I understand that they were supposed to be cool bad guys but if we neglect the fact that they slaughtered the whole Kurapika’s clan, they would not be good guys, they would be BEST guys. Now for Shounen this is Ok, it is not supposed to be about good writing , it’s about entertainment, but you cannot try to make it more serious after this and many other Shounen-like stuff.

Now I can start replying :)

I admit that we didn’t see stronger Hunters till that point, but it is highly unlikely that there aren’t any. What about the Zodiacs? This was the biggest threat that humanity ever faced, I am pretty sure that saving the world comes first for everyone. After Kite was defeated, they sent pretty pathetic team if you exclude Netero. Now after they did Phantom Troupe how they did, they could’ve called them, and made this arc really entertaining. But because this is supposed to be something other than Shounen they couldn’t do this. Send two kids instead. :/

Now I am really confused why everyone is talking like Gon and Killua are equals. Killua is or should be at least twice as strong as Gon. He is as talented, but physically stronger and better trained.

I believe that Morel was complaining after Queens death, I am talking about before. People are trying to make some who is the real monster argument, but it is pretty clear who the monster was. If this was real life and some overpowered creatures show and start killing everyone would you ask yourself that? No you would nuke them immediately. You yourself said:” C’mon is that how it happens in reality?” Now if this was a reality we would all be eaten. So why not nuke them in the first place?

I’ve already wrote a lot about this in my previous posts so no need to repeat myself, but you do realize that this arc is continuation of previous 60 episodes? It is not a standalone arc. You cannot so drastically change and neglect the things you’ve built. Don’t get me wrong even if it was standalone arc I would still consider it poor written and boring.
May 10, 2017 11:24 PM
Jul 2018
ShizuoSan said:
Rehls said:

First of all I have to commend you for writing such a passionate answer. But unfortunately you are fighting a battle that was lost long ago.

I am talking about Anime adaptation not stuff that was in manga. I’ll try to reply to your reply and will add some more stuff that I didn’t say in my previous replies.

Let’s talk about Power topic. How is the Power scaling done in this Anime? I would say terribly done, through the whole anime we had no idea who is how strong. And the only time they tried to give us same clue was when Killua was explaining to Gon the difference between Hisoka, that Ninja guy, Killua and Gon. That shows to me 2 things. First the Anime didn’t go how writer expected, second Nen was not planned at the beginning of the anime. I mean he put Ninja guy really close to Hisoka, and Ninja didn’t know Nen at the time and we now know that Hisoka is one of the strongest guy in the world.(Don’t you dare saying how this was to show how little Killua knew about the world at that time, this was a clear MISTAKE).

Now there is a question of why no one knew about Nen at the beginning? Killua should have known about it given his lineage. And Kurapika should have known also. This is not a One Piece world where news are brought to you by birds. And even One Piece did a better job at this, of course you can say that they should have heard about Haki, but they really had no reason to. Whereas here the only plausible reason of why they didn’t hear is that it was only though of later on.

What about Phantom Troupe? The ruthless assassins who after you killed their 2 members and banished their leader say “Thank you”. Really? I understand that they were supposed to be cool bad guys but if we neglect the fact that they slaughtered the whole Kurapika’s clan, they would not be good guys, they would be BEST guys. Now for Shounen this is Ok, it is not supposed to be about good writing , it’s about entertainment, but you cannot try to make it more serious after this and many other Shounen-like stuff.

Now I can start replying :)

I admit that we didn’t see stronger Hunters till that point, but it is highly unlikely that there aren’t any. What about the Zodiacs? This was the biggest threat that humanity ever faced, I am pretty sure that saving the world comes first for everyone. After Kite was defeated, they sent pretty pathetic team if you exclude Netero. Now after they did Phantom Troupe how they did, they could’ve called them, and made this arc really entertaining. But because this is supposed to be something other than Shounen they couldn’t do this. Send two kids instead. :/

Now I am really confused why everyone is talking like Gon and Killua are equals. Killua is or should be at least twice as strong as Gon. He is as talented, but physically stronger and better trained.

I believe that Morel was complaining after Queens death, I am talking about before. People are trying to make some who is the real monster argument, but it is pretty clear who the monster was. If this was real life and some overpowered creatures show and start killing everyone would you ask yourself that? No you would nuke them immediately. You yourself said:” C’mon is that how it happens in reality?” Now if this was a reality we would all be eaten. So why not nuke them in the first place?

I’ve already wrote a lot about this in my previous posts so no need to repeat myself, but you do realize that this arc is continuation of previous 60 episodes? It is not a standalone arc. You cannot so drastically change and neglect the things you’ve built. Don’t get me wrong even if it was standalone arc I would still consider it poor written and boring.

Eh. ... I'll try being less passionate now actually.

It's such an overstatement to say that we had no idea during the whole show. ... I'll just tell that in the Hunter Exam...we had Hisoka. In the part where he confronts Gon, Leorio and Kurapika, he makes himself disappear before Gon's eyes. When I saw that I wondered if he had some kind of ability but thinking very late about it, he was just that fast... We didn't know much else about him besides he being very skilled.
... In the conversation Killua had with Gon in that episode, he said how Gon shouldn't rely in that method he used. That's the author telling that we aren't supposed to. Killua also said that the stronger the person is, the better they are at hiding this strength. And that experience is needed in order to accurately evaluate someone's 'strength'.
So you know? That's the whole idea: things aren't (supposed) to be certain. Throughout the show we've seen multiple cases where characters surprise themselves finding out that their opponents are stronger/weaker than expected (more often stronger). We saw in the Exam the Bees Girl condemn herself to death in the trap set by Snake Charmer. This shows very early on how something unexpected can happen and result in your demise, even if you so certainly considered yourself stronger than your opponent (and it repeats).
And you say all this is a failure in the writing, when it was all intended?
Did you forget that when Killua compared the two, he hadn't yet even learned about Nen? Dude... you were just not getting it. It's actually your own mistake. Eh.

>_< Like is said in the wiki: "A student learning Nen trains to manually open and close their aura nodes so that they can control the flow of their aura. One typically learns this process slowly and gradually through meditation."
Killua's parents kept Nen a secret from him. They didn't teach him the specific training to do what's written above. ... -_- Kurapika should've known? Nen is about controlling one's own life force and such, and Kurapika couldn't even control well his emotions. xD The guy was a mess. He was far from some...monk.
Dude, you anger me with what you say, I gotta say. I'd not mind if I acknowledged you as being correct in what you're saying, but you're not and is even arrogant. xD You're criticizing the work of someone who I'm sure is more intelligent than you, no offense.

Ahahahah. Oh sht, this is entertaining.
You don't get those characters at all. ... Everything's told in episode 58, minute 21:00. The why she wanted to thank them.
... They're just...not simple. Not shallow. They've their own morals. And Gon moved Phinks in that scene. But it'd probably not be the case if it were Feitan--he appears to be colder (towards others)--someone that'd just not bother.

xd Ye.

They were busy and Netero knew of their abilities (I suppose) and judged them not very fit for the mission. You say they're pathetic? You ignore how unique was Knov's ability? And Knuckle's? What was their intention? They were supposed to disable the CAs, given those kinds of abilities. They must've judged the CAs to be strong too strong for a fist-fight--except for Netero (even so his body was hinted to be too frail and he had to make use of his ability only). Knuckle also surprised himself seeing how his punch had no lasting effect on Youpi. And Meruem was even stronger. They were really thinking they'd be capable of harming Meruem significantly with a sneak attack--when even Netero's ability could only scratch him.
The Troupe doesn't works for anyone (aren't for hire--unlike Killua's family of assassins), and the Hunter Association had no connection to them.
Sure Killua is more skilled but it's pretty certain by now that he's less aura capacity than Gon--and he's a Transmutter, not an Enhancer. This means Gon must be physically stronger than him (and they've trained together hard in GI). And the power chart.
Those kids were still more capable than most adults. And dude, the mission wasn't as simple as engaging and fighting the enemy with martial arts, lol. Gon and Killua helped with else. And they were stronger than soldier-level CAs, still. Eh.

...Could they nuke them? They actually didn't have access to nukes except for Netero's that he bought with money from the Hunter Association, it seems. The government of that world was hostile towards the HA. But this alone preventing the access and nukes would be hard to swallow... Well they were still unsure whether using nukes was even necessary. Else is that I think the population was hostage to the CAs? They'd have to sacrifice them, I think. And it'd be after--if the mission failed, that they'd resort to it. I don't remember well but I think that Netero convinced the government to let the HA take care of the situation, so yeah.

Sure, eh. Lol F*** you and your opinion. xD I laughed. *Ahem*
removed-userMay 10, 2017 11:27 PM
May 11, 2017 5:57 AM
Feb 2017
Rehls said:

It's such an overstatement to say that we had no idea during the whole show. ... I'll just tell that in the Hunter Exam...we had Hisoka. In the part where he confronts Gon, Leorio and Kurapika, he makes himself disappear before Gon's eyes. When I saw that I wondered if he had some kind of ability but thinking very late about it, he was just that fast... We didn't know much else about him besides he being very skilled.
... In the conversation Killua had with Gon in that episode, he said how Gon shouldn't rely in that method he used. That's the author telling that we aren't supposed to. Killua also said that the stronger the person is, the better they are at hiding this strength. And that experience is needed in order to accurately evaluate someone's 'strength'.
So you know? That's the whole idea: things aren't (supposed) to be certain. Throughout the show we've seen multiple cases where characters surprise themselves finding out that their opponents are stronger/weaker than expected (more often stronger). We saw in the Exam the Bees Girl condemn herself to death in the trap set by Snake Charmer. This shows very early on how something unexpected can happen and result in your demise, even if you so certainly considered yourself stronger than your opponent (and it repeats).
Did you forget that when Killua compared the two, he hadn't yet even learned about Nen? Dude... you were just not getting it. It's actually your own mistake. Eh.

>_< Like is said in the wiki: "A student learning Nen trains to manually open and close their aura nodes so that they can control the flow of their aura. One typically learns this process slowly and gradually through meditation."
Killua's parents kept Nen a secret from him. They didn't teach him the specific training to do what's written above. ... -_- Kurapika should've known? Nen is about controlling one's own life force and such, and Kurapika couldn't even control well his emotions. xD The guy was a mess. He was far from some...monk.
Dude, you anger me with what you say, I gotta say. I'd not mind if I acknowledged you as being correct in what you're saying, but you're not and is even arrogant. xD You're criticizing the work of someone who I'm sure is more intelligent than you, no offense.

You don't get those characters at all. ... Everything's told in episode 58, minute 21:00. The why she wanted to thank them.
... They're just...not simple. Not shallow. They've their own morals. And Gon moved Phinks in that scene. But it'd probably not be the case if it were Feitan--he appears to be colder (towards others)--someone that'd just not bother.

xd Ye.

They were busy and Netero knew of their abilities (I suppose) and judged them not very fit for the mission. You say they're pathetic? You ignore how unique was Knov's ability? And Knuckle's? What was their intention? They were supposed to disable the CAs, given those kinds of abilities. They must've judged the CAs to be strong too strong for a fist-fight--except for Netero (even so his body was hinted to be too frail and he had to make use of his ability only). Knuckle also surprised himself seeing how his punch had no lasting effect on Youpi. And Meruem was even stronger. They were really thinking they'd be capable of harming Meruem significantly with a sneak attack--when even Netero's ability could only scratch him.
The Troupe doesn't works for anyone (aren't for hire--unlike Killua's family of assassins), and the Hunter Association had no connection to them.
Sure Killua is more skilled but it's pretty certain by now that he's less aura capacity than Gon--and he's a Transmutter, not an Enhancer. This means Gon must be physically stronger than him (and they've trained together hard in GI). And the power chart.
Those kids were still more capable than most adults. And dude, the mission wasn't as simple as engaging and fighting the enemy with martial arts, lol. Gon and Killua helped with else. And they were stronger than soldier-level CAs, still. Eh.

...Could they nuke them? They actually didn't have access to nukes except for Netero's that he bought with money from the Hunter Association, it seems. The government of that world was hostile towards the HA. But this alone preventing the access and nukes would be hard to swallow... Well they were still unsure whether using nukes was even necessary. Else is that I think the population was hostage to the CAs? They'd have to sacrifice them, I think. And it'd be after--if the mission failed, that they'd resort to it. I don't remember well but I think that Netero convinced the government to let the HA take care of the situation, so yeah.

This was supposed to be civil conversation not playground for you to insult people. It is perfectly fine for you to like this Anime, but if you think that you are smarter than us because of it than I have some bad news to tell you. I am sorry but your explanation doesn’t make any sense to me and you are purposely dropping the things I said in order to make some point.

1) If you look at my previous post, right after I wrote that about Killua comparison, I asked why he didn’t know about Nen. So as you can see “Did you forget that when Killua compared the two, he hadn't yet even learned about Nen?” makes zero sense. Also I predicted that you will try to defend it with some nonsense, but my dares mean nothing to you :) I see that as how it was supposed to be, in my mind Hisoka was not supposed to be that strong but because of his cool looks and popularity the Author made him one of the strongest.

2) Again I wasn’t talking about knowing how to use Nen, I was talking about knowing ABOUT Nen. Again your whole passage doesn’t make any sense. I’ve even gave you an example about One Piece so I do not see how you could have missed that. You can give me excuses all day, but the truth is that Nen was only thought of later on.

3) “What about Phantom Troupe? The ruthless assassins who after you killed their 2 members and banished their leader say “Thank you”. Really?” You didn’t really explain this did you? “You do not understand” is not an explanation. No worries, I’ll explain to you why this was a terrible play.

Phantom troupe was introduced as a terrible group of people. Killing everyone who gets in their way and even if you don’t they will kill you. From the start you get the feeling that they would be one of the main antagonists of the show. Now you said they have their own moral which is great. I am not sure if you know what moral is but it is great that you mentioned it. Their moral doesn’t stop them from killing innocent people, doesn’t prevent from killing at all.
But they were extremely loyal to one another. Their bond was extraordinary the strongest we’ve ever seen. And now someone comes and kills 2 of their Family and banishes their “Dad”. What is the correct response from them given how they were described in the first place? Thank you? Of course not! This was typical Shounen shenanigan, they were simply too strong for protagonist to defeat at that point, so let’s make them a good guys for now.
Look at how Gon reacted when Kite was killed. Who was Kite to Gon in the Anime?

4) I see that you are sticking to the story that Hunter Association doesn’t have any more strong fighters who are willing to abandon playing their games and participate in fight for salvation of humanity. If you are sticking to how this was an ideal team and ideal tactic for this fight, I just hope that you do not attain any power in real life. I would be very afraid if you did.
5) Now you are trying to be reasonable saying that PT isn’t for hire. I only said that because everything until now was typical Shounen stuff, it was even more childish than any other show. So no one would bat an eye if they showed and fought against CA. At that point they were cool and good dudes.
6) I thought that that pushing Gate stuff showed clear difference between Killuas and Gons strength. What is the deal with that chart?
7) Who was to say that the Ants would just stay all at the same place so you can conveniently nuke them after defeat?

I am tired of writing anything more. I watched HxH a long time ago and my strongest points were surely in my first few posts. And even after all this time I managed to find new faults to this show. Try to disapprove them if you can. I doubt that you can, even though I forgot almost everything. That is simply how badly written this show was.

Last thing: Try to think for yourself, don’t be a sheep. If people tell you that something is good and great, think first, don’t immediately accept that as a fact. Also look up “cognitive dissonance”. If you don’t it would be impossible for me to prove anything to you.

May 11, 2017 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
ShizuoSan said:
Rehls said:

xd Ye.

This was supposed to be civil conversation not playground for you to insult people. It is perfectly fine for you to like this Anime, but if you think that you are smarter than us because of it than I have some bad news to tell you. I am sorry but your explanation doesn’t make any sense to me and you are purposely dropping the things I said in order to make some point.

1) If you look at my previous post, right after I wrote that about Killua comparison, I asked why he didn’t know about Nen. So as you can see “Did you forget that when Killua compared the two, he hadn't yet even learned about Nen?” makes zero sense. Also I predicted that you will try to defend it with some nonsense, but my dares mean nothing to you :) I see that as how it was supposed to be, in my mind Hisoka was not supposed to be that strong but because of his cool looks and popularity the Author made him one of the strongest.

2) Again I wasn’t talking about knowing how to use Nen, I was talking about knowing ABOUT Nen. Again your whole passage doesn’t make any sense. I’ve even gave you an example about One Piece so I do not see how you could have missed that. You can give me excuses all day, but the truth is that Nen was only thought of later on.

3) “What about Phantom Troupe? The ruthless assassins who after you killed their 2 members and banished their leader say “Thank you”. Really?” You didn’t really explain this did you? “You do not understand” is not an explanation. No worries, I’ll explain to you why this was a terrible play.

Phantom troupe was introduced as a terrible group of people. Killing everyone who gets in their way and even if you don’t they will kill you. From the start you get the feeling that they would be one of the main antagonists of the show. Now you said they have their own moral which is great. I am not sure if you know what moral is but it is great that you mentioned it. Their moral doesn’t stop them from killing innocent people, doesn’t prevent from killing at all.
But they were extremely loyal to one another. Their bond was extraordinary the strongest we’ve ever seen. And now someone comes and kills 2 of their Family and banishes their “Dad”. What is the correct response from them given how they were described in the first place? Thank you? Of course not! This was typical Shounen shenanigan, they were simply too strong for protagonist to defeat at that point, so let’s make them a good guys for now.
Look at how Gon reacted when Kite was killed. Who was Kite to Gon in the Anime?

4) I see that you are sticking to the story that Hunter Association doesn’t have any more strong fighters who are willing to abandon playing their games and participate in fight for salvation of humanity. If you are sticking to how this was an ideal team and ideal tactic for this fight, I just hope that you do not attain any power in real life. I would be very afraid if you did.
5) Now you are trying to be reasonable saying that PT isn’t for hire. I only said that because everything until now was typical Shounen stuff, it was even more childish than any other show. So no one would bat an eye if they showed and fought against CA. At that point they were cool and good dudes.
6) I thought that that pushing Gate stuff showed clear difference between Killuas and Gons strength. What is the deal with that chart?
7) Who was to say that the Ants would just stay all at the same place so you can conveniently nuke them after defeat?

I am tired of writing anything more. I watched HxH a long time ago and my strongest points were surely in my first few posts. And even after all this time I managed to find new faults to this show. Try to disapprove them if you can. I doubt that you can, even though I forgot almost everything. That is simply how badly written this show was.

Last thing: Try to think for yourself, don’t be a sheep. If people tell you that something is good and great, think first, don’t immediately accept that as a fact. Also look up “cognitive dissonance”. If you don’t it would be impossible for me to prove anything to you.

1) How doesn't that makes sense? It's you that's not wanting to accept it as it'd disprove what you're saying, and so easily. Dude, Killua isn't supposed to be capable of evaluating the strength of someone like Hisoka accurately. It's just like I said. That's the point. He didn't have the experience. Nen isn't active all the time. It's an aura that the user brings about when they want (and by a chosen amount). What he judged was his physique and skill. If he didn't know about Nen how could he judge it? It's like telling someone untrained to do a taste test of vine like a pro, when that person hasn't ever experimented it.
It isn't cool 'cool looks' that makes Hisoka one of the strongest. How hard it is to get that he's more skilled in the use of Nen? And that he's lots of combat experience? Just as there are dumb and smart people in the world, Hisoka in the usage of Nen is the latter.

2) I meant knowing ABOUT Nen. I said 'learned about Nen'--learned about the existence of Nen. But only having heard/knowing about Nen wouldn't be enough. Even in the beginning of Netero's fight, he was surprised by the aura Meruem had put out (when he had grabbed him).
If you're too dense it won't make sense, for sure. And keep wishing. *facepalms*

3) The explanation was given in that episode, lol. You don't even get what was said? What the. I suppose I gotta paste the text here, eh. Phinks: Nen doesn't necessarily disappears after death. (...) Since the boss could no longer use Nen, he could be overwhelmed by the assault..." AND IT WAS ONLY PAKUNODA THAT WANTED TO THANK THEM. There's no plural. He meant her, and only. She thought of the Troupe more as a family- and what? Ruthless? For sure, they're professionals. But they don't work for the Troupe out of an obligation, but willingness. They follow orders but also voice their opinions (that is heard) and make decisions based on that.
So for Gon and Killua being who they are, Pakunoda felt thankful because it most likely saved Chrollo's (that she cares so much about) life. While Chrollo wanted to believe himself replaceable, it wasn't true for every member.
Phinks that was a more simple person (for being an enhancer and we learning how Nen types are related to personality), began to understand Paku's feelings only after. And due to how he behaved we can say that he agreed with those feelings. He saw things through her perspective in an unique way (with her ability).
'Bond was the strongest' <- you say this forgetting they'd not mind the replacement of their leader, if that was for the best of the organization. But as they're not all the same, this sentiment isn't shared by every one of them there. While a part of them would be the type to believe the death of a member was deserved, by how it proves them incompetent thus unfit for the organization for being more prejudicial to it, another would care for them more for their value as persons. Now Feitan and Phinks fall more in the former. But even those falling in the latter could share Paku's feelings--she herself is proof.

4) Oh my. For sure you put it in the way that fits your interests better, hah. Nah I really didn't say that strength wasn't only what mattered, yeah. Really I didn't elaborate, no.

5) Sure, your opinion is one of the best I've seen. You're such an outstanding individual, intellect-wise. You've grasped the story so well that I see you as one of the most fit to criticize it. You're really not like, a person that only sees things the way they want to see.

6) They've trained (much) more after that, that's the deal. There were over 100 episodes since Killua's mansion arc.

7) Dude, the CAs knew about Nen and knew that there were humans who knew Nen. They made TV commercials where Pitou was using her ability. They were not afraid, and were expecting an assault. Isn't it obvious by how Pitou was guarding the place with her aura? Now who's to say that they'd not see a nuke coming from milles away and escape? And unlike ordinary humans, not only they've Nen, but also carapace-like skin. We could say that from a certain distance they'd pretty much survive the strongest nuke. But yeah there's the poison. But it's possible that Pitou could cure them if she was there then.
And again, the people that'd be sacrificed--and the uncertainty if nukes were really necessary. But yeah right, let's ignore all of this and more.

How cute. If only things were as simple as your mind appears to be. But nah, don't take offense.

I think for myself, It just so happens that I've a better judgement than you do. Hard to accept, isn't it? I haven't been discussing this show with people (that most likely would most have biased views), but acknowledging the greatness of it on my own. I read reviews and the negative ones were as usual, opinionated garbage (like yours- but not to say most positive ones aren't better/much better). But that it's a consensus reached that this was quite a great show. The best-written long-running shounen for sure.

You're a new account, aren't ya? I suppose you've not been having your opinion been challenged. You just appear and believe you're all so correct. You realize how wishful that is? The thing is that most more knowledgeable people don't even bother with you. It's like me hat has not been bothering with most opinions on my favorite shows. They're just copies of what's been argued--defeated before.

And I bothered to check your (small) list of anime why do I even bother with someone that rates Code Geass 10? I know of someone who calls himself a critic and has watched almost a thousand anime, and in the summary he puts for practically every anime he finishes he says that Code Geass is pretty much a 'kiddie version' of LoGH (that you haven't even watched--guess it's too mature for you? But I won't bother checking your list in full--but from what I glanced there, there were a lot of shows 'made for most', let's say). I'm not saying that my opinion is much better than yours, but I'm pretty sure it is significantly more. And I should believe that mine is worse than of that critic, even though he well expresses his bias.
But I should thank you for the entertainment, it was very.
removed-userMay 11, 2017 11:07 AM
May 11, 2017 11:21 AM

Jul 2014
Oh hell no. This was the best arc in the series as far as I'm concerned and it cemented the series as one of my favourites.

The most common complaints seem to be about the pacing, but I reckon the slower pace benefited it as it helped create tension and establish as well as develop a variety of characters, all of whom had interesting and emotionally engaging arcs.

Thematically the arc was also really interesting as it explored themes regarding human nature with wonderful poignancy.
Take care of yourself

May 11, 2017 11:27 AM

Oct 2012
The narration seemed to annoy a lot of people, but the story itself is brilliant and the new characters are amazing. I watched this arc from start to finish weekly and was always excited for a new episode, never thought it was boring
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by Gator »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.