New
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 21, 2014 12:00 PM

Oct 2013
insan3priest said:
RedRoseFring said:

That's not always a good thing.

In this case I would argue it is.

Argue you may, but this is not a discussion to see another point of view and maybe change an opinion. People engage in a "discussion" just to reaffirm their preconceived opinions. As do I :P
It's quite easier this way...
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 21, 2014 7:55 PM

Nov 2011
RedRoseFring said:
DragonQuest3 said:
hell at certain points it felt like a completely different anime.

I didn't say it always is but when it comes to an anime that's 100+ episodes long diversity is generally very important. I don't like being constantly spoonfed the same ideas over and over I like a bit of risks. I hate anime like Code Geass which shove the same bad and overused tropes in my face like I'm some damn child who can't handle new things.
Nov 22, 2014 8:33 PM

Jun 2009
HxH is good, but this arc is completely crap!
Nov 22, 2014 8:39 PM

Jun 2009
IZUMI64 said:

Nah.....
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 23, 2014 1:44 AM

Oct 2013
insan3priest said:
IZUMI64 said:

Nah.....

Oh come on shaddap !!! You know it's shit, ants looking like clowns from nowhere and they talk and talk and run around and talk, and talk some more, then the narrator tells us that they talk, and then he tells us that they talk in slow motion and there is like a talking octopus like wtf? Asspulls everywhere, plot holes and MOST important where did they find a koala and a penguin out there???... SEE? ITS CRAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 23, 2014 11:41 AM

Jan 2014
DragonQuest3 said:
RedRoseFring said:

I didn't say it always is but when it comes to an anime that's 100+ episodes long diversity is generally very important. I don't like being constantly spoonfed the same ideas over and over I like a bit of risks. I hate anime like Code Geass which shove the same bad and overused tropes in my face like I'm some damn child who can't handle new things.

I see. Code Geass should have had aliens invade to make it more challenging for Lelouch.
On a serious note, there is a huge difference between "diversity" and "feeling like a completely different anime".
The first is almost always agreed on being good, the second usually carries a negative connotation.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 23, 2014 4:15 PM

Aug 2014
The whole purpose of the Chimera Ant arc is not to create a plethora of fights with explosions and bombs and friendship powerups- which if that was what you were looking for, just watch some other generic shounen, but instead to dish and delve into the many cruel and indifferent aspects of humanity and analyze their impact on the world.

Here's why I like the Chimera Ant Arc. Also, take my opinion as a grain of salt, because I'm just another asshole on the internet anyway. Post is long.

EnharmonicNov 23, 2014 6:25 PM
Nov 24, 2014 3:48 AM

Oct 2013
The best arc Ive ever seen in an Anime which lasts longer than 100 episodes. Excellent storytelling, unpredictable, awesome character development, undescribable ending.
My only regret is having regrets!
Dec 1, 2014 3:12 PM

Nov 2011
RedRoseFring said:
DragonQuest3 said:

I see. Code Geass should have had aliens invade to make it more challenging for Lelouch.
On a serious note, there is a huge difference between "diversity" and "feeling like a completely different anime".
The first is almost always agreed on being good, the second usually carries a negative connotation.

Code Geass was just Otaku pandering garbage with no likable characters. HxH is one of the few modern shounen I can actually enjoy. I like that it went from a light hearted battle shounen to something darker and more serious. It took risks which worked for some and not for others.
Dec 1, 2014 3:13 PM

Nov 2011
soundscape said:
insan3priest said:

Nah.....

Oh come on shaddap !!! You know it's shit, ants looking like clowns from nowhere and they talk and talk and run around and talk, and talk some more, then the narrator tells us that they talk, and then he tells us that they talk in slow motion and there is like a talking octopus like wtf? Asspulls everywhere, plot holes and MOST important where did they find a koala and a penguin out there???... SEE? ITS CRAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!

Youre a stupid person.
Dec 1, 2014 3:56 PM

Oct 2013
DragonQuest3 said:
soundscape said:

Youre a stupid person.

Ok, I hope you are serious though cause if you didn't realize that I wasn't... Oh the irony.
Dec 4, 2014 12:08 PM

Nov 2008
Old reply is OLD. But, if it still matters to you, to me Chimera Ant arc defined Gon's character. It's only the arc where we get to explore his emotional depth. For that aspect alone, it was worth all the trouble.
Dec 4, 2014 12:12 PM

Dec 2013
theGirlisIdle said:
Old reply is OLD. But, if it still matters to you, to me Chimera Ant arc defined Gon's character. It's only the arc where we get to explore his emotional depth. For that aspect alone, it was worth all the trouble.

It also showed how much different a villain can be. At first I was expecting something like Frieza or Cell ( they look similar ), to be completely evil and maybe some hard long battle vs the villain. However it surprised me in more ways than one.
Dec 4, 2014 12:12 PM

Mar 2012
theGirlisIdle said:

Wait what?

That side of Gon was being built up all along...
End Zionazism
Dec 4, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2014
DragonQuest3 said:
RedRoseFring said:

Code Geass was just Otaku pandering garbage with no likable characters. HxH is one of the few modern shounen I can actually enjoy. I like that it went from a light hearted battle shounen to something darker and more serious. It took risks which worked for some and not for others.

Yes. Because Welfin is such a likable character. Or that ant that was wearing a frickin' G-string the entire time. I just want to cuddle them.

And HxH had always been pretty dark right from the start. I can't think of a single anime that completely changes tone without having elements of both sides.
RedRoseFringDec 4, 2014 5:35 PM
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Dec 4, 2014 2:33 PM
Dec 2013
IZUMI64 said:

It's not too bad.
Dec 13, 2014 4:13 AM

Jul 2014
It does not suck. This arc made HxH my favourite anime. It just has a slow start for about 10 episodes and the bit when Gon and Killua were trying to defeat Knuckle was shit imo.
Jan 4, 2015 1:36 AM

Jan 2014
This arc is the worst h x h arc because it is soooooo boring. I should've just skipped the entire arc and just watched the last 4 episodes of it.
It had awful characters and character designs, a confusing, boring and tedious story, terrible pacing, awful villains (apart from mereum, who is decent), no action and was a terrible concept. Also, this arc didn't feel like h x h at all.
The narration also annoyed the crap outta me.
Knuckle and shoot were terrible characters.
And kurapika and leorio were absent, so we had to watch Gon and Killua AGAIN which was boring.
I think the author just ran out of ideas.
H x h is about action and adventure, not this crap.
I mean seriously, what was this arc's purpose apart from introducing and killing a charcter we knew nothing about and turning gon straight into a ragemonster (with no foreshadowing to his rage- Gon's anger was terrible character development).
This arc could've not existed and not much would change.
DarkDawnJan 4, 2015 1:45 AM
My top anime quotes
1. I AM JUSTICE!- l/light (Death Note)
2. IT'S OVER 9000!!!!- Vegeta (dbz)
3. Almighty Push!/ Shinra Tensei!- Pain (Naruto Shippuden)
4. We stand in awe before that which cannot be seen- Rukia (Bleach)
5. I'll take a potato chip.....AND EAT IT!!!!!- Light (Death Note)
6. Art is an explosion - Deidara (Naruto)
7. Shut the fuck up Kakazu - Hidan (Naruto)
8. Bulma, you've lost your balls- Goku (dragonball)
9. "Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!"- Edward Elric (fmab)
Jan 4, 2015 1:42 AM

Oct 2013
This arc would have been 10x better without the narration. Like come on let me think for myself already. Stop telling me things I can figure out on my own.

It slowed down the pace of the show to a snail. Better put it went from Kill la kill to One Piece pacing in a matter of episodes. The ending of this arc completely saved it though because it was so deep in meaning.
Jan 4, 2015 2:20 AM

Oct 2013

You might not like the chars, but you don't provide reasons for why they are terrible. But whatever.

HxH was not about action. Never was. You think that.

"with no foreshadowing to his rage- Gon's anger was terrible character development"... Episode 95 when he first saw broken Kite after NGL. Ep 110 when Morel asks him when would Gon injure himself(trying to deduce why the King would injure himself), Gon replies "When I couldn't forgive myself..". Some other instances that I don't remember.

"I mean seriously, what was this arc's purpose apart from introducing and killing a charcter we knew nothing about and turning gon straight into a ragemonster.
This arc could've not existed and not much would change"

I can't help you with this, if you don't get it then even a bullet in the head won't fix this.
Jan 4, 2015 3:06 PM

Jun 2014
DarkDawn said:
This arc is the worst h x h arc because it is soooooo boring. I should've just skipped the entire arc and just watched the last 4 episodes of it.
It had awful characters and character designs, a confusing, boring and tedious story, terrible pacing, awful villains (apart from mereum, who is decent), no action and was a terrible concept. Also, this arc didn't feel like h x h at all.
And kurapika and leorio were absent, so we had to watch Gon and Killua AGAIN which was boring.

HxH is about Gon's adventures, if you're mad about seeing him.... well, shit.
Jan 4, 2015 3:10 PM

Mar 2012
babymimi said:
DarkDawn said:

HxH is about Gon's adventures, if you're mad about seeing him.... well, shit.

But what happened in 131 was an asspull so people can be upset about it.
End Zionazism
Jan 5, 2015 8:22 AM

Jun 2014
DarkDawn said:
This arc could've not existed and not much would change.
Everything makes sense now.
Jan 22, 2015 5:04 AM

Jun 2011
Just watched ep 85 and gotta say it was epic.

This arc is about character developement and I don't see how it deviates so much from the main plot. At least this seems more natural than the greed island arc which was kind of a strange shift from the original setting (at least in my opinion).

I don't get why do people hate on this arc so much. Enjoying the adventure so far.
Jan 22, 2015 6:23 AM

Jan 2014
yuukigami said:
Just watched ep 85 and gotta say it was epic.

This arc is about character developement and I don't see how it deviates so much from the main plot. At least this seems more natural than the greed island arc which was kind of a strange shift from the original setting (at least in my opinion).

I don't get why do people hate on this arc so much. Enjoying the adventure so far.

The haters are a vocal minority, but then again, not everyone likes the arc as much.
Greed Island has more people who hate it which is understandable.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 8, 2015 8:30 PM

Mar 2012
Just finished this arc and it has its ups and downs. Way too dragged out at times, but at others it's brilliant.

Reading through a few pages of this thread, it's kind of funny to see just how much praise people want to throw at the antagonist. I'm going to make a thread comparing all the characters, arcs, and themes to Yu Yu Hakusho. It's a shame so many people haven't watched BOTH series. If you have, then you would realize the sheer amount of connections.

Sensui and Meruem are quite alike. This arc screams of Chapter Black.
Feb 8, 2015 8:31 PM

Jan 2014
The feels tho ;-;

Mar 2, 2015 5:27 AM

Dec 2013
For the majority of it was fairly meh until they finally invaded the palace where it got insanely good. With Mureum being my favourite character of this series.

Although Gon was very annoying with all his revenge BS. It's just felt poorly done and not to mention his 12!
Mar 2, 2015 7:38 AM

Jan 2013
G_Spark233 said:
For the majority of it was fairly meh until they finally invaded the palace where it got insanely good. With Mureum being my favourite character of this series.

Although Gon was very annoying with all his revenge BS. It's just felt poorly done and not to mention his 12!

He went badass route instead of crying and moaning and stupid compassion Naruto/Bleach style.
It was great in my opinion.

Still, CA was pretty medicore between pitou introduction and castle raid.
harem and ecchi are a cancer to whole planet
bad english user
Mar 2, 2015 11:10 AM

Jan 2014
Sidholun said:
G_Spark233 said:

He went badass route instead of crying and moaning and stupid compassion Naruto/Bleach style.
It was great in my opinion.

Still, CA was pretty medicore between pitou introduction and castle raid.

I love how you don't even include anything before Pitou's introduction. It's not even worthy of getting a mention.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 4, 2015 9:27 AM

Jan 2010
RichtheLionheart said:
Just finished this arc and it has its ups and downs. Way too dragged out at times, but at others it's brilliant.

Reading through a few pages of this thread, it's kind of funny to see just how much praise people want to throw at the antagonist. I'm going to make a thread comparing all the characters, arcs, and themes to Yu Yu Hakusho. It's a shame so many people haven't watched BOTH series. If you have, then you would realize the sheer amount of connections.

Sensui and Meruem are quite alike. This arc screams of Chapter Black.

I don't see many similarities between Meruem and Sensui at all, tbh. If there's one character in HxH that really reminds me of Sensui, that's Chrollo. Mysterious VHS tape and all. Which is one of the main reasons why I want to see his character explored further. He has a lot of untapped potential.
As far as themes and tone go, I can see the similarities between the Chapter Black and CA arcs, though I'd argue the latter has a much better execution and explores its themes more thoroughly while Chapter Black kind of just scratches the surface.
I also see some surface similarities between the Makai Arc and the current arc in the manga. Granted, there's still not much to compare, but the
as of now really gives me some "what the Makai arc would have been without executive meddling" vibes.
Mar 6, 2015 5:34 AM

May 2013
So I just finished the anime and I gotta say the CA arc was easily the best part of this anime. Of course it dragged at the beginning and in the middle a little but but overall it was almost perfect. I would even go as far and say the series should have ended after ep 135 but of course that would make no sense because it is still Gon's story but whatever.
Mar 7, 2015 6:20 PM

Apr 2011
I always wondered if people were willing to drop series they've invested 100+ episodes worth of time into. This arc answered that question for me.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Mar 7, 2015 6:25 PM

May 2012
Easily best arc in the show. People just have shit taste as usual.
Mar 8, 2015 6:03 AM

Jan 2010
I didn't enjoy it at all when it first began. Probably because I'm not exactly a huge fan of insects. But I really started to enjoy it once the Royal Guard and the king came into the picture.

The only real complaint I have is that the battle at the palace took so long. When it had been like 5 episodes and then the narrator says "it's been 3 minutes since the assault started".. the pacing felt very off at times.
Mar 8, 2015 6:11 AM

Dec 2013
PoeticJustice said:
Easily best arc in the show. People just have shit taste as usual.
It's not shit taste it's just different from yours.
Mar 8, 2015 7:31 AM

Jan 2014
holypoop said:
I didn't enjoy it at all when it first began. Probably because I'm not exactly a huge fan of insects. But I really started to enjoy it once the Royal Guard and the king came into the picture.

The only real complaint I have is that the battle at the palace took so long. When it had been like 5 episodes and then the narrator says "it's been 3 minutes since the assault started".. the pacing felt very off at times.

I think it's generally agreed on that things were boring and flat before the King and RG showed up.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 8, 2015 7:33 AM

Nov 2013
I stopped enjoying it when they went to the palace. The arc is horribly long-winded. I mean that one arc itself nearly took up half the show.
Mar 8, 2015 8:14 AM

Jun 2014
Ineptia said:
I always wondered if people were willing to drop series they've invested 100+ episodes worth of time into. This arc answered that question for me.

At least watch episode 126.
Mar 8, 2015 8:15 AM

Dec 2012
babymimi said:
Ineptia said:

Jumping several episodes ahead is never a good idea.
Mar 8, 2015 11:36 AM

Jun 2014
tsudecimo said:
babymimi said:

Jumping several episodes ahead is never a good idea.

If he doesn't care about the ending it's okay.
Apr 19, 2015 1:05 AM
Nov 2007
Late to the party but this arc was garbage, Just this arc brought the show from 9 to 6 for me. Slow, with nonsense story and with one of the worst characters and fighting scene and idiotic narrator who thinks all of us are morons. Maybe I am getting old for this stuff or maybe funboys are just deluded.
Apr 20, 2015 9:09 PM
Jul 2012
really ain't worth it that much, not only it neglected the many other great characters and events happening, but the execution wasn't really good, that really hurt it especially during the climax that end up completely missing the point of "show, don't tell". too bad his "tribute to dragon ball" was far from dbz arcs, shame because the other arcs were excellent
May 20, 2015 11:50 AM
May 2015
I couldn't stand this arc. It drove me insane episode after episode. The only part I liked about it is when Gon & Killua got new abilities and Genei Ryodan exterminated the pests from Meteor City. Yorkshin is my fave arc.
May 22, 2015 11:52 PM

Nov 2012
I was enjoying hxh until Ponzu death, then everything went downgrade, it turned into very stereotypical shounen fights, badasses, power up, more power up, exceptionally prolonged ending. I had to skip a lot of fights, in one Gon cannot win with squadron leader, in next he bet royal guard to unrecognizable pulp (_ ).
And author resolves about monsters vs humans are not match for such animes as Shiki or Shinsekai yori, which show this concept light years better.

Overall this arc very lowered my view on this anime. Top 5? Oh... we have a lot of young boys on MAL, it never deserved to be in top 5.
May 24, 2015 6:21 AM

Jan 2015
Krunchy said:
I was enjoying hxh until Ponzu death, then everything went downgrade, it turned into very stereotypical shounen fights, badasses, power up, more power up, exceptionally prolonged ending. I had to skip a lot of fights, in one Gon cannot win with squadron leader, in next he bet royal guard to unrecognizable pulp (_ ).
And author resolves about monsters vs humans are not match for such animes as Shiki or Shinsekai yori, which show this concept light years better.

Overall this arc very lowered my view on this anime. Top 5? Oh... we have a lot of young boys on MAL, it never deserved to be in top 5.

Stereotypical shounen fights? What? The fight are much different that the normal ones for shounen. There are a lot strategy and the expirience on the nen was pretty important too, and also there's no talking the whole fight how they can't lose or something they just do it.

And what powers ups except gon and killuas power up? And what do you actually have againts it? They trained really hard to get stronger it's not like they have power up out of nowhere...

The ending was prolonged? No they showed everything every character that was introduced in this arc had a role in the whole thing. Every character was important about what's going to happen in the story.

And by seeing what you write about Gon you probably don't know how Gon got the power to defeat Pitou or what exactly happened lol

And yeah the concept is much more complicated than just humans vs. monsters but there's no point in even explaining this to you..
May 24, 2015 6:32 AM

Dec 2012
smelldemon said:

Stereotypical shounen fights? What? The fight are much different that the normal ones for shounen. There are a lot strategy and the expirience on the nen was pretty important too, and also there's no talking the whole fight how they can't lose or something they just do it.

What strategy? Chimera ant arc in particular didn't have any strategic fight aside from one or two examples. Experience of the nen? what?

There is other talk you find in any battle oriented anime. For example, Killua vs Ramon, there was a lot of monologue from him, during the fight. And they often talk with their opponent, I mean Youpi vs the hunters, ended in talk.

And what powers ups except gon and killuas power up? And what do you actually have againts it? They trained really hard to get stronger it's not like they have power up out of nowhere...

Gon did have a power up out of nowhere, which is what he might be referring to. Gon's powerup, didn't happen out of hardwork, it was a Nen vow and limitation.

And yeah the concept is much more complicated than just humans vs. monsters but there's no point in even explaining this to you..

How did you get that from his statement? He said those two anime, did that concept a lot better, he didn't say it was complicated in HxH.
May 24, 2015 7:11 AM

Jan 2015
tsudecimo said:
smelldemon said:

What strategy? Chimera ant arc in particular didn't have any strategic fight aside from one or two examples. Experience of the nen? what?

There is other talk you find in any battle oriented anime. For example, Killua vs Ramon, there was a lot of monologue from him, during the fight. And they often talk with their opponent, I mean Youpi vs the hunters, ended in talk.

Gon did have a power up out of nowhere, which is what he might be referring to. Gon's powerup, didn't happen out of hardwork, it was a Nen vow and limitation.

How did you get that from his statement? He said those two anime, did that concept a lot better, he didn't say it was complicated in HxH.

The ants didn't have much strategy but i'm sure Morel gave the ants some lessons about strategy and what nen can do.

Yeah Killua's monologue in his fight definetely was there but it was because of his Brother controlling him. He had to do it or he would've just ran away.

Well,yeah Gon's adult form was definetely unexpected but it was kind of logical. I mean that was the only way he could beat Pitou and he knew it. Even if Killua was there they still wouldn't be able to do shit against Pitou so that was the only way Gon doesn't end up dying.

I guess i didn't understand him right since English is not my native language. My bad.
May 24, 2015 7:48 AM

Dec 2012
I would reply, but you don't seem to be following what I'm saying.
May 25, 2015 10:00 AM

Jun 2014
@ Krunchy

You should go look up "Vows and restrictions" or rewatch Yorknew to better understand Gon's power surge. Your comment clearly shows that you don't even know of their existence or forgot about them.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Yesterday, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Yesterday, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.