Forum Settings
Forums

Kamiya Akira Dismissed From Kogoro's VA in Detective Conan [Update Oct 28]

New
Sep 17, 2009 4:05 PM

Feb 2008
According to the official blog, Kamiya Akira was dismissed from the voice actor of Mouri Kogoro in Detective Conan. He didn't reveal the detail of the reason for the dismissal but he said he had only himself to blame. He explained that "There was an issue in the contract. It's a matter of faith, justice and sincerity (真・義・仁)." He apologized to the fans, other seiyuu and the staff involved.

Kamiya Akira has been playing the role since 1996. His last Kogoro will be aired on October 10th.

Sources:
Kamiya Akira's official blog
Asahi

Updated on Sep 19th
According to Mainichi News, the reason for the dismissal was a discord between the anime producer and Kamiya Akira regarding the guarantee fee. Kamiya has been negotiating with TV companies and the anime producers to raise the guarantee fees of seiyuu, whose salaries are significantly lower than those of the normal actors. Yomiuri TV, the producer of Detective Conan, was perplexed with Kamiya's premature disclosure because they were planning to announce the change of the voice actor in Weekly Shounen Sunday to be released on October 28th.

Source: Mainichi

Updated on Sep 20th
Kamiya Akira explained the reason in his blog. One of the staff of the production company leaked confidential information of Kamiya's contract with the producer in a blog (probably mixi) and defamed him. Kamiya and the producer were about to reach an agreement but the negotiation broke off due to the leak, which was distorted with ill intention. Kamiya asked a man to intervene but the producers fired him in the end.

Kamiya begged fans to keep supporting Detective Conan.

Source: Kamiya's new post in his blog

Updated on Oct 28th
According to the official website, the new seiyu of Kogoro is Koyama Rikiya.

Source: Web Sunday
dtshykOct 27, 2009 8:28 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 17, 2009 4:26 PM

Aug 2007
How long has this Seiyuu been played by him? If the entire series wow.
Sep 17, 2009 4:35 PM

Dec 2007
Well, and now what??
Will they change Kogorou's voice? That'll sound weird... At least they should get someone with a similar voice tone... I hope they do!

Anyway, I feel sorry for Kamiya Akira

My Claims:
Sep 17, 2009 4:49 PM

Nov 2008
Ah, that's too bad. He's been on of my favorite voice actors since the days when he played Mendo in Urusei Yatsura. Meitantei Conan won't be the same without him.
Sep 17, 2009 5:01 PM

Mar 2008
This is surprising. It's a shame because he really is an amazing voice actor. I wonder why a veteran like him got dismissed... how strange.
Sep 17, 2009 6:40 PM

Jun 2007
Its going to be weird to have a different voice for Kogoro now...
Sep 17, 2009 6:54 PM

Apr 2008
*sigh* I don't know what to say. He's been Kogo for a long time (and he's a cool char)
Sep 17, 2009 8:24 PM

Oct 2008
dtshyk said:
He explained that "There was an issue in the contract. It's a matter of faith, justice and sincerity (真・義・仁)."

Generally, the seiyuu must had done something that is unfit of the Kogoro role. Wasn't Kogoro the most trusted and reliable ally of Conan? Speaking of which, I wonder if fans will be disappointed as that the seiyuu had been voicing the character for over 10 years...
Sep 17, 2009 8:27 PM

Dec 2008
awww. I liked his voice. I just hope the new voice actor sounds like this one =/
Sep 18, 2009 12:45 AM

May 2009
There's probably going to be a pretty big outcry if the new VA sounds too different from him.
Sep 18, 2009 2:16 AM

Nov 2007
.. That's too bad. It wouldn't be the same without him.

Sep 18, 2009 3:36 AM

Sep 2008
Oh no this is bad news.
It will be very weird to hear a Kogoro who sounds different.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Sep 18, 2009 4:13 AM

Jan 2008
no way, i just can't believe that kogoro's voice will be change.
it won't be him with out Akira ><!

Sep 18, 2009 5:04 AM

Jul 2007
What kind of contract violation would lead to dismissal of a VA? For some reason it sounds pretty bizarre to me that it would be done in 'faith' or 'sincerity' for contract purposes.
Sep 18, 2009 5:55 AM

Sep 2008
Ah, damnit, I loved Mouri and the voice was one of the few reasons why I did.

D:
Sep 18, 2009 7:14 AM

Jul 2008
Wah! I'm really, really going to miss his voice in DC. It will be so odd to hear someone's voice instead of Kamiya's. TT__TT

Though I'm curious to know what really happened...

| Icon by parijienne @ LJ. | My Member Cards |

My Candies :
Sep 18, 2009 11:03 AM
Aug 2008
WTF! T___T I really liked him as Kogoro, his serious and funny tones.. mah, too bad.
Sep 18, 2009 1:21 PM

Apr 2009
NOOOO!!!! TT That really sucks, he made a great Kogoro!

Who's gonna replace him? Any news on that?

Mod edit: Please don't double post.
asandariSep 18, 2009 5:03 PM
Sep 18, 2009 7:12 PM

May 2007
wow i wonder wat he did lol
but yea it really is going to be weird with a new VA i mean he's been the VA for like the past 600 episodes?? lol too bad >.<
Sep 19, 2009 12:38 PM

Oct 2007
that individual staff is just asses.

Sep 19, 2009 2:32 PM

Apr 2009
Updated on Sep 19th
According to Mainichi News, the reason for the dismissal was a discord between the anime producer and Kamiya Akira regarding the guarantee fee. Kamiya has been negotiating with TV companies and the anime producers to raise the guarantee fees of seiyuu, whose salaries are significantly lower than those of the normal actors. Yomiuri TV, the producer of Detective Conan, was perplexed with Kamiya's premature disclosure because they were planning to announce the change of the voice actor in Weekly Shounen Sunday to be released on October 28th.

Source: Mainichi

Updated on Sep 20th
Kamiya Akira explained the reason in his blog. One of the staff of the production company leaked confidential information of Kamiya's contract with the producer in a blog (probably mixi) and defamed him. Kamiya and the producer were about to reach an agreement but the negotiation broke off due to the leak, which was distorted with ill intention. Kamiya asked a man to intervene but the producers fired him in the end.

Kamiya begged fans to keep supporting Detective Conan.

What a bunch of douches
Sep 19, 2009 8:41 PM

Jun 2008
The question of the day is who leaked the info? If they did it to knock out Kamiya if they were close to a conclusion, they should be fired in his place, since this whole scandal will drag the company down with Kamiya.
Sep 19, 2009 8:48 PM

Feb 2008
conankudo4 said:
The question of the day is who leaked the info? If they did it to knock out Kamiya if they were close to a conclusion, they should be fired in his place, since this whole scandal will drag the company down with Kamiya.

Kamiya said he/she is in a responsible position of the production studio (i.e. TMS Entertainment). The entry of mixi in question was already erased.
Sep 20, 2009 1:35 AM

Oct 2007
Whoa, talk about shocking. Man, it sucks for Kamiya. I hope nothing comes bad for him in the end.
Sep 20, 2009 7:53 PM

Apr 2008
THOSE ASSES!

the entry was deleted. Must've started some flame

But the Manichi info...is that part true too?

Something about Kamiya and Furuya Toru, they both seem to really like connecting to other people that they admire.
Oct 13, 2009 1:36 AM

Nov 2007
dtshyk said:
His last Kogoro will be aired on October 10th.

Well, I cannot wait to find out who's doing Kogorou now in this Saturday's ep..
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 27, 2009 8:29 AM

Feb 2008
News update
According to the official website, the new seiyu of Kogoro is Koyama Rikiya.

Source: Web Sunday
Nov 8, 2009 2:32 AM
Feb 2009
Just watched the Episode, didn't liked the voice because I'm used to the old one. The voice became somewhat meh...
Nov 13, 2009 5:20 PM

Nov 2008
madafaka said:
Just watched the Episode, didn't liked the voice because I'm used to the old one. The voice became somewhat meh...

You're being too nice - the new VA was horrible. His voice was stiff and flat, with no depth of character. He couldn't pull off the dramatic parts and he flubbed the comic parts. I used to look forward to Kogoro's appearances, now I'll dread them.

BTW - for those folks who are wondering, the new VA showed up in episode 553.
Nov 14, 2009 3:21 PM

Feb 2009
dbaranyi said:
You're being too nice - the new VA was horrible. His voice was stiff and flat, with no depth of character. He couldn't pull off the dramatic parts and he flubbed the comic parts. I used to look forward to Kogoro's appearances, now I'll dread them.

I agree with you now Kogoro no longer seems to be himself the new VA is terrible, now it going to be absolutely painful to hear him, couldn't they find someone better than him! They could find someone that sounds almost the same to replace Mitsuhiko's VA .
How could they easily fired Kamiya after all this time! DC will be never the same when Kogoro makes an appearance. I want Kamiya back *pout*
Nov 17, 2009 2:32 PM

Sep 2009
MaxCrazy7 said:
dbaranyi said:

I agree with you now Kogoro no longer seems to be himself the new VA is terrible, now it going to be absolutely painful to hear him, couldn't they find someone better than him! They could find someone that sounds almost the same to replace Mitsuhiko's VA .
How could they easily fired Kamiya after all this time! DC will be never the same when Kogoro makes an appearance. I want Kamiya back *pout*

Looks like DC staff don't give a damn about their fans feelings.

It's pretty sad considering how long we kept on encouraging and watching the series no matter how sucks it got so far.
Nov 20, 2009 1:40 AM
Nov 2009
Okay so like the eps that made me like cry was ep 304 from detective conan.So i wanted to know how everything happened in the manga and i don't want to look threw 714 chapters of detective conan so please help me!!
Nov 20, 2009 5:24 AM

Apr 2009
mamiecierra said:
Okay so like the eps that made me like cry was ep 304 from detective conan.So i wanted to know how everything happened in the manga and i don't want to look threw 714 chapters of detective conan so please help me!!

Wrong place to do it. PM me though, and I can help you get to the "important" parts
Dec 1, 2009 5:31 PM
Jun 2008
Kira01 said:
dtshyk said:
Wasn't Kogoro the most trusted and reliable ally of Conan?

Not even a bit. Kogoro is greatest pain in the ass for Conan/Shinichi, who must live with him to cover his ass from organization.
Dec 1, 2009 10:38 PM

Apr 2008
Mitsuhiko?! Replacement? What, what happened to Otani?!

Anyways, the new Kogoro sounds different definately. It's just too...pretty. He's not himself anymore. It's a nice voice but the characterization. He doesn't sound like that much of a jerk, or intimidating.

I'm sorry, Rikiya..
Mar 19, 2010 1:43 PM

Aug 2007
Oh, man... Rikiya isn't worthy to lick Kamiya's boots not to mention replacing him. I seriously have urges to shut down Conan whenever I hear Rikiya as Mouri Kogoro.
May 15, 2010 9:34 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
aahhh im not used to new Mouri at all xD -_- ...
Jun 19, 2011 1:36 PM
Jun 2011
shakeyourpup45 said:
Mitsuhiko?! Replacement? What, what happened to Otani?!

It was only a short term replacement..
Otani left between episodes 425-436 because of maternity leave, Ai Orikasa played the part during that time..
the voice was noticable different and wasnt half bad but since were all used to the voices of everyone that has been in the show for so long.. it doesnt work the same..

But unlike Kamiya, Ikue Ohtani actually had a damn good reason to leave,
after hearing Rikiya in episode 553 im.. shocked at how they expect us to get on with it when we have been hearing one voice for so long and then hear another that doesnt even compare to the first..
I just hope things get better in later episodes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
31 minutes ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
35 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 1 hour ago

2 by derpinat0rz »»
57 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
4 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.