11.6%
10 - 19
6.4%
1 - 9 (LOL)
13.0%
484 votes
May 7, 2014 11:08 AM

Apr 2012
So, what do you think NGNL's final rank on MAL would be?

It currently sits at #90.

I am guessing somewhere like #60.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 7, 2014 11:09 AM

May 2014
i dunno, but i hope 60 :P
May 7, 2014 11:16 AM

Apr 2014
Why people should care about the Anime Rank in MAL? This ranks was not even forever.
Haters always gonna hate.
May 7, 2014 11:30 AM

Mar 2014
It doesn't really deserve the place it's at right now let alone top 60~.
May 7, 2014 11:32 AM

Dec 2012
Hopefully Top 60, so that some people get really mad and super annoyed.
May 7, 2014 11:34 AM

Sep 2011
it probably wont have that big a jump in score, it probably end up 75-99

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 7, 2014 11:37 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:

It will be a funride to read awesome replies by "CRITICS" such as otaku pandering, imouto pandering and what not.
May 7, 2014 12:01 PM

Dec 2012
Inferno_Cop said:
tsudecimo said:

It will be a funride to read awesome replies by "CRITICS" such as otaku pandering, imouto pandering and what not.

Indeed. Don't forget ''bad writing'' and ''wish wish fulfillment''
May 7, 2014 12:14 PM

Dec 2012
72, calling it.
May 7, 2014 12:29 PM

Oct 2013
It is a fancy anime and all
But to be over 8.51 barrier?? Now we have what we call with over-rated

The story is nothing new
In fact, It is almost identical to Mondajitachi (which is I favor more)

It is entertaining, but I don't see this anime to be an extraordinary
Except from the MC being relate-able to you losers who have no life, hate society, think oneself to be better than other normalfags and spent most of their time playing games. This anime is nothing special
Now make them live in their fantasy, get them abducted to foreign land where gamers rules the land and add some pretty characters
There you have it, the perfect recipe to win over the gamerfags vote

Personally, I think this anime should only be around 8.01 to 8.19
Clearly, it does not deserve to be on top #250
Toaki90May 7, 2014 12:36 PM
"Burn the heretics"
May 7, 2014 12:36 PM
Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
Inferno_Cop said:
tsudecimo said:

Indeed. Don't forget ''bad writing'' and ''wish wish fulfillment''

And "ass pulls", "illogical", "violates game rules", we could go on and on, and we should. Any more to add anyone!
May 7, 2014 12:39 PM

Aug 2013
Toaki90 said:

The story is nothing new

Except from the MC being relate-able to you losers who have no life, hate society, think oneself to be better than other normalfags and spent most of their time playing games. This anime is nothing special
Now make them live in their fantasy, get them abducted to foreign land where gamers rules the land and add some pretty characters

Is it so wrong to rate something that's enjoyable high?

May 7, 2014 12:45 PM

Sep 2012
kami_desu said:
Toaki90 said:

The story is nothing new

Yes, MAL is not an anime/manga listing site, its a critics site.
May 7, 2014 12:49 PM
Feb 2014
Toaki90 said:

The story is nothing new

And here we have the next one who interchanges source and result for his/her own convenience...they are not geniuses because they are hikikomori, they are hikikomori because they are geniuses.

Imagine yourself when you were 8 years old. You get a female classmate that is a genius beyond belief who has knowledge far above even the teachers at said school. How would you react there? Especially as a 8 years old kid who still hasn't learnt how to lie but is brutally honest.

In Shiro's position what would YOU have done if everyone greets you with disgust from your classmates to your teachers?

For Sora the whole thing is different: Sora has as seen the ability to see through personalities very fast. That alone would make no problems, to the contrary he would give a good diplomat or sth along this lines. But at the same time he is brutally honest all the time. Would you want a friend that can see through your every lie and then even boasts about it, telling everyone you are a liar?

They are no social losers, it is society that can't accept them as they are hence they hate it...
Caleb8980May 7, 2014 12:53 PM
May 7, 2014 12:52 PM

Aug 2013
Inferno_Cop said:
kami_desu said:
Toaki90 said:

The story is nothing new

Is this sarcasm...?
Damn it, I don't know... Imma stay on the internet more until I can truly understand it...

May 7, 2014 12:52 PM

Jun 2012
Don't really care, I'd say it should be around 1,000 but anywhere in the top 100 is fine.
kami_desu said:
Inferno_Cop said:
kami_desu said:

Is this sarcasm...?
Damn it, I don't know... Imma stay on the internet more until I can truly understand it...
You're clearly not a true critic, come back and face us in ten years.
May 7, 2014 12:54 PM
Dec 2013
The Writer of this anime/LN is a pure genius.
I think 10-60.
Dont think the average rating will be higher than a 9.
Plus new anime will come.
May 7, 2014 12:56 PM

Apr 2011
probably in the first page, aka top 30.
May 7, 2014 12:56 PM

Jun 2012
Why do people complain about this being a pandering show? It's projected relatively poor bd sales in Japan, if it was meant to pander, it failed.
May 7, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2013
What is it right now, 8.52?

So probably gonna end a bit higher. Maybe in the 60's.
May 7, 2014 12:57 PM

Oct 2013
kami_desu said:
Toaki90 said:

The story is nothing new

Like I wrote previously, the author just use the perfect recipe to capture this specific segment (which contains a huge shares)
And the target market is rather gullible and will blindly worship almost anything that fulfil their fantasy

Well, it's hard to blame the audience of this segment
because most of them are just 14 years old
They are countless, they have similar taste, regenerate rapidly, hardcore fans, perfect word-of-mouth agent and they are easy to impress (read: confuse)
Compare to 18+ market segment, their numbers is declining (because as you grow older, the possibility you leave anime is bigger) their taste varies and they don't do much WoM

So, there is none to blame
The author is a genius to choose to capture this easy segment
The anime producer and novel publisher is happy because their rating/sales will be high
You are all just a fallen victim (especially to those who will spent money for this anime)
"Burn the heretics"
May 7, 2014 12:58 PM

Mar 2014
Move over FMA:B, the new king is coming.
May 7, 2014 1:00 PM

Dec 2012
If it doesn't vastly improve from where it's at right now, I'd say the score would be around 8.25-8.40. It is entertaining, but there isn't too much seriousness in this anime (although there definitely is some). I feel like there's too much comedy mixed in with the serious moments and that makes the show less gripping to say the least.

EDIT: After watching episode 6, I take back most of what I said above! The seriousness is real in this one, and it's awesome.
Uber_DewberMay 16, 2014 9:56 AM
May 7, 2014 1:13 PM

Sep 2011
42 of course. Stupid question.
May 7, 2014 1:14 PM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
May 7, 2014 1:18 PM

Oct 2013
Caleb8980 said:
Toaki90 said:

The story is nothing new

And here we have the next one who interchanges source and result for his/her own convenience...they are not geniuses because they are hikikomori, they are hikikomori because they are geniuses.

Imagine yourself when you were 8 years old. You get a female classmate that is a genius beyond belief who has knowledge far above even the teachers at said school. How would you react there? Especially as a 8 years old kid who still hasn't learnt how to lie but is brutally honest.

In Shiro's position what would YOU have done if everyone greets you with disgust from your classmates to your teachers?

For Sora the whole thing is different: Sora has as seen the ability to see through personalities very fast. That alone would make no problems, to the contrary he would give a good diplomat or sth along this lines. But at the same time he is brutally honest all the time. Would you want a friend that can see through your every lie and then even boasts about it, telling everyone you are a liar?

They are no social losers, it is society that can't accept them as they are hence they hate it...
What the shit!?
"Oh my god! Accept me!! I am only a child molester not a killer!!"
Of course there are things that the society favors and not
and it is up to you if you want to be a hikkomori or fight to get accepted

If you enjoy anime, so be it.
Just don't talk anime or act and dress like anime character to people who dislikes anime. With normalfags, you talk normal shit
Being different is Ok, but being weird is not.

If you enjoy playing games, so be it.
Just don't spent 2/3 of your day on it. Meet some friends, even they are just some geeks or losers. who cares? as long as you felt like you belong there

Almost anything is better than being a hikkomori
"Burn the heretics"
May 7, 2014 1:25 PM

Sep 2012
Probably around 75 - 99
May 7, 2014 1:26 PM

Jun 2012
Korrvo said:
tsudecimo said:
That would "super" annoy someone?
May 7, 2014 1:27 PM

Sep 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Korrvo said:
tsudecimo said:

Me.
May 7, 2014 1:30 PM

Sep 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Korrvo said:
tsudecimo said:
You've been around the anime community for how long now and you have to ask if rankings annoy people?
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
May 7, 2014 1:30 PM

Sep 2011
pLaguE_ said:
It doesn't really deserve the place it's at right now let alone top 60~.
what defines something that deserves a ranking? Its a democratic vote just cause one is in a minority opinion doesn't mean it should be undeserving of its rank. I think code geass R2 is awful but im not gonna pretend its not deserving of its rank. I'm just the odd one out.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 7, 2014 1:32 PM

Mar 2012
There have only been 9 series to have reached over 9 . 6 actually not counting sequels which are Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood, Steins Gate, Clanned, Gintama, Code Gease and Macross Frontier,

No Game No Life has potential but i dont think it would make it that far, but i predict at least it would reach 8.80 which is around the top 30 anime, provided it will keep going on well.
May 7, 2014 1:34 PM

Apr 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:

No Game No Life has potential but i dont think it would make it that far, but i predict at least it would reach 8.80 which is around the top 30 anime, provided it will keep going on well.

If NGNL actually got that high, I would actually get annoyed.

I mean, the score right now (8.52) is definitely going to get a little higher after it finished airing, so I'm thinking ~8.65.
May 7, 2014 1:35 PM

Sep 2011
-ShadowClaw- said:
There have only been 9 series to have reached over 9
there have been way more to make it into 9's they just decreased in score over time, for starters this used to be #1 on the whole site in the past
http://myanimelist.net/anime/147/Kimi_ga_Nozomu_Eiengoo
but it went down because its fucking horrible more and more people watched it and it started to develop a ton of differing viewpoints and its score dropped drastically, granted thats cause this was #1 at a time this site was still a small user base, but still alot of shows in the 9.00 have dropped out over time, the original gintama looks on track to drop out soon

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 7, 2014 1:37 PM

Sep 2012
It's definitely 50-74 material as long as it doesn't fuck it up later on. Wouldn't surprise me to see it closer to 50.

Close to 30 is a no though.
May 7, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
JizzyHitler said:
-ShadowClaw- said:
there have been way more to make it into 9's they just decresed in score over time, for starters this used to be #1 on the whole site in the past
http://myanimelist.net/anime/147/Kimi_ga_Nozomu_Eien
but it went down because its fucking horrible more and more people watched it and it started to develop a ton of differing viewpoints and its score dropped drastically, granted thats cause this was #1 at a time this site was still a small user base, but sitll alot of shows in the 9.00 have dropped out over time, the original gintama looks on track to drop out soon

It was actually #1? Wow

I know you hate the anime, Jizzy, but personally I'm glad that more people liked it. I mostly see people bashing it now...
May 7, 2014 1:39 PM

Mar 2012
JizzyHitler said:
-ShadowClaw- said:
there have been way more to make it into 9's they just decresed in score over time, for starters this used to be #1 on the whole site in the past
but it went down because its fucking horrible more and more people watched it and it started to develop a ton of differing viewpoints and its score dropped drastically, granted thats cause this was #1 at a time this site was still a small user base, but still alot of shows in the 9.00 have dropped out over time, the original gintama looks on track to drop out soon

ok than let me rephrase it right now there are only 9 shows that are over 9 but my point is, it is really difficult and very rare for any tv series to reach a score average of 9 or above mayby once every 5 years or so, all im saying is this show will not be in the top 10 but probably around the top 50
May 7, 2014 1:41 PM

Sep 2011
Cupquake said:
JizzyHitler said:
-ShadowClaw- said:
but it went down because its fucking horrible more and more people watched it and it started to develop a ton of differing viewpoints and its score dropped drastically, granted thats cause this was #1 at a time this site was still a small user base, but sitll alot of shows in the 9.00 have dropped out over time, the original gintama looks on track to drop out soon

It was actually #1? Wow

I know you hate the anime, Jizzy, but personally I'm glad that more people liked it. I mostly see people bashing it now...
Well its still got a 7.55, so clearly there are still people that like it - love it, I dont think i got neccissarrily an unpopular opinion but i would say im still in the minority on it, at least hating it as greatly as i do.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 7, 2014 1:42 PM

Nov 2013
tsudecimo said:
May 7, 2014 1:47 PM

Dec 2012
Cupquake said:

It was actually #1? Wow

but personally I'm glad that more people liked it. I mostly see people bashing it now...

#1? o_O

Damn. I'm also glad that a lot of people liked it. It was great.
May 7, 2014 1:58 PM

Sep 2011
tsudecimo said:
Cupquake said:

It was actually #1? Wow

but personally I'm glad that more people liked it. I mostly see people bashing it now...

#1? o_O

I loved that show. I guess the (western) anime fanbase was a lot smaller and different 10 years ago from what it is now.
May 7, 2014 2:02 PM

Sep 2011
Sury said:
tsudecimo said:
Cupquake said:

It was actually #1? Wow

#1? o_O

I loved that show. I guess the (western) anime fanbase was a lot smaller and different 10 years ago from what it is now.
it was smaller but the reason it was so highly rated was because of the small user base on here, apparently a shit ton of things were rated drastically higher back then, the 5th KnK movie was in the 9.00 for a while apparantly is another one i know that dropped alot over time, i think it was actually #1 for a while. I also know LOTGH was #1 for a while but that shouldnt be surprising at all

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 7, 2014 2:03 PM

Jan 2014
It's a bit overrated where it stands right now but it's got a steadily inclining fan base so i'm guessing it ends up somewhere in the 70's.
May 7, 2014 2:13 PM

Aug 2013
Hopefully 100 +
May 7, 2014 2:16 PM

Sep 2011
JizzyHitler said:
Sury said:
it was smaller but the reason it was so highly rated was because of the small user base on here, apparently a shit ton of things were rated drastically higher back then, the 5th KnK movie was in the 9.00 for a while apparantly is another one i know that dropped alot over time, i think it was actually #1 for a while. I also know LOTGH was #1 for a while but that shouldnt be surprising at all

I don't think you can say a lot of shitty shows were overrated back then. When you compare it to nowadays ratings most currently airing shows would get higher ratings because of better animation and such stuff. Many people would downrate older shows because of such things alone. It's the same misery as with older films grossing lover than modern films, but back in the days we also had much less inflation. Might sound a bit far fetched though.
May 7, 2014 2:20 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
8.60-8.65 maybe after the 20% cut etc

depends on how it ends though, we'll see
May 7, 2014 2:22 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Sury said:
tsudecimo said:
Cupquake said:

It was actually #1? Wow

#1? o_O

How high was Aria the Origination at its peak? Know it was top 5 at least.
May 7, 2014 2:28 PM

Sep 2011
Sury said:
JizzyHitler said:
Sury said:

I don't think you can say a lot of shitty shows were overrated back then. When you compare it to nowadays ratings most currently airing shows would get higher ratings because of better animation and such stuff. Many people would downrate older shows because of such things alone. It's the same misery as with older films grossing lover than modern films, but back in the days we also had much less inflation. Might sound a bit far fetched though.
i never said a bunch of shitty shows were rated higher, i was just saying in general alot was rated higher, also with gintama and lotgh in the top 10 i really dont think animation quality plays that big a part in a shows ranking

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

May 7, 2014 2:46 PM

Sep 2011
JizzyHitler said:
Sury said:
JizzyHitler said:
Sury said:

i never said a bunch of shitty shows were rated higher, i was just saying in general alot was rated higher, also with gintama and lotgh in the top 10 i really dont think animation quality plays that big a part in a shows ranking

I never understood the appeal of Gintama, but it seems to either have its loyal fanbase or people who simple vote for the troll factor. Than again MAL's ranking system is debatable. Shows that got a 9 from 20k people are ranked higher than shows that got 8 from 200k people.
May 7, 2014 2:50 PM

Sep 2011
Sury said:
JizzyHitler said:
Sury said:
JizzyHitler said:
Sury said:

I never understood the appeal of Gintama, but it seems to either have its loyal fanbase or people who simple vote for the troll factor. Than again MAL's ranking system is debatable. Shows that got a 9 from 20k people are ranked higher than shows that got 8 from 200k people.
youre really misconstruing what im saying, all i was saying was shows generally were rated higher when the site had a smaller user base, not as a bash to any of their quality just that they were factually a higher score and they decreased over time, i said animation likley doesnt matter in its score with gintama and lotgh because they both have below average animation even for their times but still garner a lot of respect for their core experiences
JizzyHitlerMay 7, 2014 2:57 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Yesterday, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.