Aug 2010
The Super Mario manga? Over 40 volumes and counting, and no real scan. LOL
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Feb 3, 2016 12:37 PM

Dec 2015
Alice in Borderland.
Feb 3, 2016 2:01 PM

Oct 2013
I would love to have finished Change-R because it was good and nearly finished. Too bad they stopped scanlating it
Feb 4, 2016 7:43 AM

Jan 2015
I wish there were scans of March Story online. I assume it got dropped after Viz licensed it. I want to recommend it to people since it's one of my favorite series, but I know no one's going to read it if they have to buy the books blind to do so.

My Manga / Light Novel Collection: EN | FR | LN
Feb 4, 2016 8:17 AM

Apr 2010
Cantarella they have one last chapter to go and it's still not there for too long! But I think they're gonna end it soon (Found it just now!)

I really wanted to read Akume to love song, but it they never ended publishing.

They also stopped mei-chan no shitsuji in the middle.

Feb 24, 2016 2:00 PM

Oct 2014
shikabane hime
http://myanimelist.net/manga/6228/Shikabane_Hime
I wanna read it so badly
Feb 25, 2016 5:56 AM

Jul 2012
Cnon said:
shikabane hime
http://myanimelist.net/manga/6228/Shikabane_Hime
I wanna read it so badly
Yen Press licensed it so just wait until the releases.

EfiChan said:
Viz completed it already.
Feb 25, 2016 7:37 AM

Sep 2015
A Zoo In Winter. There aren't any Taniguchi's manga translated in portuguese, and the dollar is like, almost 4 bucks here.
Feb 25, 2016 8:56 AM

Jan 2012
Last chapters of World Embryou..
How I love a game
Feb 25, 2016 9:09 AM

Apr 2010
Mayuka said:

EfiChan said:

Can you send where you found? I only found where there are chatpers of other manga instead of the relveand cahtpers.

Feb 25, 2016 9:43 AM

Jul 2012
EfiChan said:
Mayuka said:

Can you send where you found? I only found where there are chatpers of other manga instead of the relveand cahtpers.
Purchase the books lol

Viz is a publishing company.
Feb 25, 2016 9:48 AM

Apr 2010
Mayuka said:
EfiChan said:

Purchase the books lol

Ahh... I know it's completed... By couldn't find in online and for sale I found it in German... I don't know German... doesn't help. And sitting with a dictionary for a lanuage you don't know is an nightmare.

Feb 25, 2016 9:59 AM

Jul 2012
EfiChan said:
Mayuka said:
Purchase the books lol

Ahh... I know it's completed... By couldn't find in online and for sale I found it in German... I don't know German... doesn't help. And sitting with a dictionary for a lanuage you don't know is an nightmare.

http://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=A+Devil+and+Her+Love+Song&searchRefined=1&page=1&searchSortBy=pubdate_high_low
Feb 27, 2016 2:39 PM

Oct 2014
http://myanimelist.net/manga/14804/Phantom__Requiem_for_the_Phantom
This one. I watched the anime but I wanna read manga too.
Aug 3, 2016 10:17 AM
Oct 2008
I've been wanting to get back into Japanese so would like to try translation some manga. Does anyone know where I can find raws of manga not currently translated?
Aug 3, 2016 4:38 PM

Mar 2014
Yorokobi said:
I've been wanting to get back into Japanese so would like to try translation some manga. Does anyone know where I can find raws of manga not currently translated?

There's plenty of different websites out there. Just search for "manga raws".
There are also some blogs out there that post raws every now & then. One of my favorites is http://deadscanlations.tumblr.com
vigorousjammerAug 3, 2016 4:42 PM
::End of Transmission::

Feb 8, 2020 10:36 PM
Nov 2018
I need Inubaka to come backT.T
Apr 7, 2020 1:38 AM

Dec 2009
Over the years of 2009 to 2020, I've learned that the only realistic thing you can do is hope that some get resumed or picked up, or give up and not expect a translation.

Some, somewhat rarely get resumed or finished 5+ years later after another scanlator group picks it back up, but unfortunately it seems like many manga will never get translated or licensed.
Even if they're new work from popular mangaka.

Other than that, we could suggest some manga to scanlators and hope.
Apr 7, 2020 2:30 AM

Sep 2017
Ike! Ina-chuu Takkyuubu and Sakurasou no pet na kanojo , translate it plizzzz
yikes
Apr 7, 2020 3:33 AM

Oct 2017
Damn I need all the chapters of Dokumushi to be translated nOW. I got so interested in this manga ever since Theanimeman talked about it. I really want to read the scene that scarred him, but I can't because the translations has not been released/made yet.
Apr 8, 2020 4:33 AM
Aug 2018
waalex11 said:
Other than that, we could suggest some manga to scanlators and hope.
The problem is that there is, at least to my knowledge, no platform to gather scanlation groups.
Even now, years after scanlating became a thing, it still feels like the wild west.
Groups come together, who knows how, translate something that catches their interest and eventually disband again.

You have to look through lists with hundreds of scanlation groups, on mangaupdates for example, then look up which ones are even still active, check if and how you can contact them and then pitch the manga you would like to see translated.

Your chances may increase if you are willing to help with some image editing yourself, but sometimes it is futile even then. The problem with having to contact dozens of groups remains.

The sad truth is, in the long run it is better to try and learn japanese than to hope for someone to scanlate something. Especially given how many manga exist. Imagine how proficient you could be by now if you had started learning japanese back in 2009. Given that you have the time and motivation.

To stay on topic, there are several manga I'd love to see translated. But even if a mangaka has a popular work that was translated, many times his other works never are translated. (Maybe because they aren't that good? Who knows.)
For example:
Mochiru Hoshisato who wrote Living Game. I'd love to read Omurice, Kekkon Shiyou yo and Luna Heights and maybe Yasashiku! Guuruguru Maki, but they were never translated.

The storywriter of Onanie Master Kurosawa wrote the story for another manga, Last Menhealer, from 2014-2016. And although OMK has really good reviews, his new story wasn't translated so far.
Apr 8, 2020 6:35 AM

Dec 2009
@tr25a3
Yeah, you're right. There's no platform of active scanlators which makes things more difficult.
Manhealer is one of these few I had in mind that I'd love to read but can't.

And yeah, learning Japanese would definitely be the best solution but I won't kid myself into thinking I'll try.
I didn't bother mentioning it since other people have and most wouldn't bother like myself possibly but.

Who knows, maybe one day... I doubt it at my current state of priorities and time of focus in life at the moment.

But I should one day... I'd enjoy so much more content!
I have an old online MAL American friend (were not friends anymore but) if he taught himself, we all could learn it.
waalex11Apr 8, 2020 6:39 AM
Apr 8, 2020 6:39 AM

May 2015
Thunder Jet, someone gotta do it already, I've been waiting for TOO LONG.
Apr 10, 2020 5:02 AM
Apr 2020
There is a football/soccer manga called Blue Lock, there are 70+ chapter in Raws but only 32 in English.
May 16, 2020 8:35 AM
May 2013
Dreamland, awesome manga that almost nobody give attention.
May 20, 2020 12:00 PM

Apr 2019
Hakumei to Mikochi got dropped by its scanlators a long while back, and the official translation seems to have been abandoned as well :/
May 30, 2020 3:32 AM

Jul 2012
cleveristic said:
There is a football/soccer manga called Blue Lock, there are 70+ chapter in Raws but only 32 in English.
Active scanlation group lol! They're quick
May 30, 2020 4:07 AM

Mar 2013
Genjitsu Touhi shitetara Boroboro ni Natta Hanashi and Teizokurei Daydream.

Most of Teizokurei Daydream got translated into Russian and there still doesn't seem to have an English translation.

Also, Punch Line Max
megafatJun 3, 2020 1:35 AM
May 31, 2020 8:42 AM
Jan 2020
Outlaw Star. Near as I've been able to find, only the first volume has been translated.
Jun 1, 2020 11:26 AM

Mar 2014
its_dxman said:
Outlaw Star. Near as I've been able to find, only the first volume has been translated.

Honestly, it's kind of crazy that this one wasn't licensed back in the late-90s or early-2000's, considering the anime was a huge hit on Toonami and the manga is only 3 volumes long. I could've easily seen somebody like Tokyopop or Dark Horse releasing it back around 2003, around the height of US manga popularity.
::End of Transmission::

Jun 1, 2020 3:21 PM

Jun 2014
I really hope that "Ozanari Dungeon" gets finished someday. 15 of its 17 volumes were scanlated, but they stopped putting out new chapters roughly 2 years ago.

Also, there's loads of shoujo manga from the 60s, 70s & 80s that I'd love to read. If anybody knows of any old school shoujo manga currently being scanlated, let me know.

Jun 1, 2020 6:12 PM
Jul 2018
https://anilist.co/manga/106195/Satsujin-Auction

it's probably crap but after Dokumushi I just can't ignore this man's work
Jun 1, 2020 7:03 PM

Jun 2014
Korishi said:

Why did you use an anlist link, when there's a MAL entry for that manga here?

Jun 1, 2020 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
Korishi said:

Why did you use an anlist link, when there's a MAL entry for that manga here?

MAL doesn't have the synopsis
Jun 8, 2020 1:26 AM

Aug 2019
Kaze to Ki no Uta. Personally I don't need translations but a lot of people are waiting for this Manga to be fully translated. Kyou kara Satsujinki is another Manga I like that isn't translated (not sure if it is in 'serious need' for a translation, though) But KazeKi is from the 70s, so it's about time.
私だけが自分の夢を見ているのだ
Jun 22, 2020 6:51 PM

Jun 2016
Kamigami no Itadaki and Gundam The Origin
Jun 22, 2020 7:31 PM

May 2012
^
In case you did not know, both got licensed in quite a few languages. Particularly the French edition of Kamigami no Itadaki and Vertical's Gundam: The Origin turned out quite nice.
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
Jun 22, 2020 11:20 PM

Aug 2017
No manga but light novel, what I want is that Fate/Zero and Kara no Kyoukai getting an official English translation. I don't understand why there still not one. Fate/Zero has a German translation for the light novel so I could probably read that (it helps that I'm Dutch and they are similar languages, but still needs to be improved) but still it's frustating.
Jun 23, 2020 12:01 AM

Jun 2016
crescensXG said:
^
In case you did not know, both got licensed in quite a few languages. Particularly the French edition of Kamigami no Itadaki and Vertical's Gundam: The Origin turned out quite nice.
I know, I was talking about the english scanlation.
EdocchiJun 23, 2020 12:07 AM
Jun 23, 2020 1:52 AM

Apr 2018
This manga is about bullying and is really good. It deserves to get more known. It seems quite likeable in mangabox since it has 13 volumes, yet there's no scanlation group picking it yet.

https://www.mangabox.me/reader/47418/episodes/
Jun 23, 2020 5:29 AM

May 2012
^^
I know. -g-

I just mentioned the two editions I like best. Both have an English release, so I don't see any need for an additional scanlation when they are available to buy.

If I recall correctly, Vertical will provide digital versions for their series this year, so there is another option if one's not interested in physical books.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
Jun 23, 2020 7:11 AM

Jun 2016
crescensXG said:

I just mentioned the two editions I like best. Both have an English release, so I don't see any need for an additional scanlation when they are available to buy.
I'm poor so I can't afford to buy books online. I'm sure many people are too. Would be good if they really are going to do the digital versions.

pls use the quote feature or just tag me. It's annoying that you replied to my post without me getting any notification. It's not forum games

good decision on dropping One Piece around that episode btw
EdocchiJun 23, 2020 7:23 AM
Jun 23, 2020 7:50 AM

May 2012

Ah, I see. That's unfortunate. Guess it will be hard to find scanlators for already licensed series, who are also willing to put in some extra work for something that was already done the legal way, then. :/

I have a habit of rarely quoting or @ anyone here since I "suffered" from excessive abuse by people who were using this feature for the most trivial things. I even disabled all sorts of notifications and alerts due to that. Forgot that it can also be annoying the other way around - sorry.

Was recently picking One Piece up again just out of pure boredom and the current crisis. I do like it - the manga, that is. The anime adaption has so many issues that I most likely never reconsider my decision of dropping it. At the very most, I will probably revisit the show for some action scenes or stuff I want to see animated. But that's it.

Good luck and have a good one.

Edit after ages: @Edocchi You probably don't care, and sorry for the cheeky @, but I remembered you and wanted to let you know that I have picked up One Piece's anime adaption again out of sheer boredom, and had a bit of fun inbetween all the mess So much about my predictions... ;(

Have a good one!
crescensXGFeb 23, 2021 1:55 AM

D W-W&N 🤍

Jun 23, 2020 8:45 AM

Jun 2010
There are some very old series that may not be available because it is not in print anymore or if there is, the cost of buying the original copy may deem too expensive. Furthermore, these series may not be popular and may not get any readership. Hence there is no point of scanlated them.

I believe there are some series in my list which could not be continued due to a termination of scanlation somewhere along the way. I guess these series may have to be put in the back burner hoping that some day someone may actually scanlated them. Haha!
Jun 23, 2020 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
its_dxman said:

Have the volumes in German. Just a prelude to the anime story.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Tell me an anime with good female cast that is used correctly

kirA_-_ - 12 hours ago

4 by dreamingneon »»
16 minutes ago

» Ur fav manga

Aoust_Adenca - Mar 10, 2023

19 by Otakupervert890 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Manga or Light Novels: Which do you prefer?

Digibutter64 - Jan 1, 2020

26 by Kurt_Irving »»
3 hours ago

» Ao Haru Ride Rant (Had to get this off my chest) Spoilers!

XGirl86 - 8 hours ago

0 by XGirl86 »»
8 hours ago

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

148 by claricespectro »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.