Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 4, 2014 12:56 PM
Oct 2013
I know there's a lot of these. AND I know it's been three years. But I keep seeing people linking to supposedly 'confirmed' season twos, and even still people who reject the possibility altogether. So which is it? Will there be a season two or not? Any SOLID evidence would also be nice.
May 4, 2014 12:57 PM

Jan 2013
At this point it is pretty doubtful.
May 4, 2014 12:59 PM

Oct 2013
I'd like one buuut, it's Shaft, don't think they're gonna do a sequel unless the previous one did quite well
May 4, 2014 1:00 PM

Jan 2013
R4vel said:
I'd like one buuut, it's Shaft, don't think they're gonna do a sequel unless the previous one did quite well

The first season sold above 6k first volume.

It sold enough for a sequel. It's just been forever and there is no demand for it.
May 4, 2014 1:04 PM
Oct 2013
SolviteSekai said:
R4vel said:

It sold enough for a sequel. It's just been forever and there is no demand for it.

I have a demand for it damn it! Anyway I guess you're right. It doesn't make much sense after three years for them to suddenly release a second season. However those confirmations are still floating around out there... I remember there being a tweet by the author that a season 2 would be happening.

Edit: Basically I' asking if anyone knows what happened in between, and again, looking for solid evidence.
May 4, 2014 1:08 PM

Jan 2013
Nargubot said:
SolviteSekai said:
R4vel said:

I have a demand for it damn it! Anyway I guess you're right. It doesn't make much sense after three years for them to suddenly release a second season. However those confirmations are still floating around out there... I remember there being a tweet by the author that a season 2 would be happening.

Edit: Basically I' asking if anyone knows what happened in between, and again, looking for solid evidence.

If Shaft were making this it would be easy to prove.

Shaft shows don't go under the radar anymore.
May 4, 2014 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
Actually wouldn't have thought that Shaft would be doing Denpa in the first place, it just didn't have that Mekaku/Monogatari style in
May 4, 2014 1:13 PM

Jan 2013
R4vel said:
Actually wouldn't have thought that Shaft would be doing Denpa in the first place, it just didn't have that Mekaku/Monogatari style in

Shinbou was making shows with "that monogatari style" before he made monogatari.

Denpa Onna also has shinbou's style in it. Just doesn't have the giant buildings.
May 4, 2014 1:19 PM
Oct 2013
SolviteSekai said:
R4vel said:

Shinbou was making shows with "that monogatari style" before he made monogatari.

Denpa Onna also has shinbou's style in it. Just doesn't have the giant buildings.

*Cough* Back on track, here's a link to one of the 'confirmed' preachers. http://theakiba.com/denpa-onna-to-seishun-otoko-ended-second-season/

This page also includes a bit about Hidan no Aria, but we already know for sure that chances for a season two crashed-and-burned for them.
TemboralMay 4, 2014 1:22 PM
May 4, 2014 1:22 PM

Jan 2013
Nargubot said:
SolviteSekai said:
R4vel said:

*Cough* Back on track, here's a link to one of the 'confirmed' preachers. http://theakiba.com/denpa-onna-to-seishun-otoko-ended-second-season/

This page also includes a bit about Hidan no Aria, but we already know for sure that chances for a season two crashed-and-burned for them.

Listen to me. Denpa onna season 2 is not confirmed.

My life revolves around acquiring and watching more anime made by akiyuki shinbou. If Denpa 2 were announced, Id be freaking out right now.

Anywho, allow me to give you a tool for future use that lets you avoid troll posters and things.

http://anichart.net/tba

If it isn't listed here, chances are it isn't confirmed.
May 4, 2014 1:25 PM
Oct 2013
SolviteSekai said:
Nargubot said:
SolviteSekai said:
R4vel said:

My life revolves around acquiring and watching more anime made by akiyuki shinbou. If Denpa 2 were announced, Id be freaking out right now.

Anywho, allow me to give you a tool for future use that lets you avoid troll posters and things.

That's some website. Thanks for the help. On a side note, any easy way to navigate that website? Can't make head nor tail of the layout.
May 4, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2013
Nargubot said:
SolviteSekai said:
Nargubot said:
SolviteSekai said:
R4vel said:

That's some website. Thanks for the help. On a side note, any easy way to navigate that website? Can't make head nor tail of the layout.

Top left, just click the season you are interested in.

I don't bother with their ratings or any of that.
May 4, 2014 1:32 PM
Oct 2013
Thanks again for all the help.
May 4, 2014 1:34 PM

Jan 2013
No problem.

As a Shaft obsessed fanboy, I would probably google this thread and let you know if Denpa Onna got a sequel.

It's not completely impossible. Freezing got a sequel.

It's just unlikely, since the novel finished a while back and there still wasn't a sequel.
May 4, 2014 1:36 PM

Oct 2013
SolviteSekai said:
No problem.

As a Shaft obsessed fanboy, I would probably google this thread and let you know if Denpa Onna got a sequel.

It's just unlikely, since the novel finished a while back and there still wasn't a sequel.
So material?
May 4, 2014 1:39 PM
Oct 2013
SolviteSekai said:
No problem.

Well if it does, I would be infinitely grateful for a heads-up. I can't even begin to express how angry/sad I was with the way season one ended.
May 6, 2014 6:14 AM
Oct 2013
Does anyone know how much of the story was included in the anime adaptation?

IMO the story is just plain but the way the story was presented was great, so I guess I would still watch if a second season comes out.
May 20, 2014 1:31 PM
Jan 2011
I remember some kind of announcement of a second season a few yeas back.
Sep 4, 2014 12:16 PM

Jan 2014
You gotta realize, Shaft is very busy with the monogatari series, they just released "Hanamonogatari", and they're probably still working on the "Kizumonogatari". If they confirmed it, they will probably get around to it eventually.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2015 1:10 PM

Dec 2014
I am waiting for a second season. This anime has a good potential and a second season could clarify some things and develop the story.
Jan 26, 2015 2:33 PM

Sep 2007
Same here. Supernatural elements notwithstanding, I really liked the way this series portrayed relationships. It has a lot of heart.

I've re-watched the 1st season five times already. Get with it, SHAFT :)
Jan 31, 2015 2:02 PM
Jul 2014
Season 2? Alright let's do it! NOW!!
Jan 31, 2015 2:48 PM

Aug 2013
not gonna happen
Apr 30, 2015 8:44 PM
Jan 2011
Nope. According to author he requested second season twice but was denied. So no second season. Makota marries and has a kid with

Ending summary
https://archive.moe/a/thread/85851192/#q85851192
xsilicon9Apr 30, 2015 8:57 PM
Apr 30, 2015 9:55 PM

Oct 2009
Don't know why SHAFT didn't do this, I mean Nisekoi got their second season so fast, even compared to bakemonogatari series. They should get their priorities straight.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 30, 2015 9:57 PM

Jun 2014
xsilicon9 said:
Nope. According to author he requested second season twice but was denied. So no second season. Makota marries and has a kid with

Ending summary
https://archive.moe/a/thread/85851192/#q85851192

I wonder if he's also banging Meme.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2011

220 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 14, 2:17 AM

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 28, 2011

178 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 12, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

127 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 11, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 14, 2011

222 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 11, 12:37 PM

» What happened after episode 13?

tinydevil421 - Mar 3

4 by tinydevil421 »»
Mar 4, 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.