Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2014 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More battles, inside the canyons this time.

Not too shabby but it didn't impress me too much. Rygart has a plan though but this doesn't look so well so far.
May 4, 2014 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
i like how he basically smashed that one guy like a truck
May 4, 2014 10:10 PM
Mar 2012
I can never get tired of seeing Rygart ramming over Argath.
May 5, 2014 4:06 AM

Dec 2013
The action in this episode was amazing, but it looks like Rygart still lacks the resolve to kill his friend.
May 5, 2014 6:23 AM

Aug 2007
Good episode but man not sure we are getting new scenes are we? Nearly halfway of the series here..

alexpte said:

CodeZwei said:

Pretty much the highlight of the episode for me. Also like how he used the sword as a spring board to avoid getting shot at by Zess's allies.
May 5, 2014 6:46 AM

Apr 2012
Rygart being a badass.

One of my favorite characters.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 5, 2014 6:50 AM

Jul 2013
DivineTrinity said:
Good episode but man not sure we are getting new scenes are we? Nearly halfway of the series here..

I think people said that it diverged from the manga around the 4th movie, so there should be new scenes starting from ep 7/8 since the 3rd movie (ep 5 and 6) was pretty faithful to the manga.

May 5, 2014 8:01 AM

Aug 2008
I'll probably never get tired of seeing Deph shattering enemies by running through them.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 5, 2014 9:03 AM

Aug 2010
Dat was amazing stuff ^^ The action scenes were great.

And the flashbacks with Hodr and and Zess were nice as usual.

So was the start with the General and his daughter.

Loved how Rygart just rammed his way through XD Like a BOSS!

Poor Argath.

Rygart was friggin BA with how he bounced of the sword like that. Epic!

Even shocked Zess with how BA he was hehe.

Really, they're friggin creeped out by how OP the Deph is ^^

Rygart almost lost it there. He made it just in time before killing Zess though. Thankfully.

Nxt up CleoxSigyn *A*
May 5, 2014 11:09 AM

Dec 2013
Rygart is still an idiot in my eyes. Trying to disarm his old friend on a battlefield. How many more of his own team does he have to kill off before he understands that his idealist tendencies mean absolutely nothing in the middle of a war zone?!?

Seriously, even if he's learned to kill off people he doesn't know, and yes that ram was awesome, he still lacks the resolve to save his king and his queen.

At least Zeiss has a brain and is beginning to consider the possibility that he doesn't actually know all the terms of war.

I wonder how the heck that Cleo managed to sneak into the Sigyn's chambers though.

Overall the action and some back story saved this episode for me. I still hate Rygart's attitude though. That "I don't even know what Dan looked like" pissed me off so much. He's on your team and died because you were a freaking idiot, it doesn't matter what he looked like, you owe him your life!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 5, 2014 12:59 PM

Oct 2010
haha...having watched all its movies back in those days ...now still feel the same intensity of AWESOMENESS in tv series too !!! its gonna get very badass in later episodes....just keep watching peeps...
May 5, 2014 1:50 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't see the older version of this anime but I'm really liking Break Blade its pretty awesome :D
May 5, 2014 3:43 PM

Jun 2007
L-Ryoshi said:
Rygart is still an idiot in my eyes. Trying to disarm his old friend on a battlefield. How many more of his own team does he have to kill off before he understands that his idealist tendencies mean absolutely nothing in the middle of a war zone?!?

Seriously, even if he's learned to kill off people he doesn't know, and yes that ram was awesome, he still lacks the resolve to save his king and his queen.

At least Zeiss has a brain and is beginning to consider the possibility that he doesn't actually know all the terms of war.

I wonder how the heck that Cleo managed to sneak into the Sigyn's chambers though.

Overall the action and some back story saved this episode for me. I still hate Rygart's attitude though. That "I don't even know what Dan looked like" pissed me off so much. He's on your team and died because you were a freaking idiot, it doesn't matter what he looked like, you owe him your life!

There was no-one else but himself, Zess and Zess' team when he tried to disarm him. And Rygart INSTANTLY realised his foolishness after--he even highlighted it! He then proceeded to counter in that split second and strike a fatal blow vs. Zess. Not as if his reluctance hurt anybody this time, and he followed through at the second time of asking.

Rygart has no loyalty to his country. He was born there and treated badly because of his inability to manipulate quartz. He's not fighting for 'queen, king and country' now: just his friends. And his guilt over Dan. That was why he wouldn't bend the knee until Hodr got up--he's no knight.

Dislike for his character is clouding your thoughts at this point. Rygart was only a farmer until a a few days ago. Then, suddenly, he's thrust into a robot and expected to kill. It'd be horrible writing for him just to get in the robot then go, "Ok, time to kill for my friends!" Zess has been a soldier his entire life and is trained. Their mentalities are complete opposites.

The "I don't even know what Dan looks like" comment was obviously an attempt at logically justifying not feeling guilty when guilt is crushing him. The guilt has made him put himself in a situation where he just killed a person, before almost/maybe killing his friend. Even Baldr pointed out that what Rygart says and feels aren't in-sync at the grave. That was the point of that scene.

Not trying to be dickish but it's coming across like Rygart has too many layers to his character for you to see/understand. You're just seeing a simple-minded idiot refusing to kill when his psychological thought processes that link to his actions aren't that straightforward. Admittedly, it was stupid when Rygart stopped Dan and got him killed, but it was the naive mistake of someone that's never been in a situation where enemies have to be killed before.
AironicallyHumanMay 5, 2014 3:49 PM
May 5, 2014 5:27 PM

Jul 2011
@AironicallyHuman, you took the words out of my mouth about Rygart.

The springboard move was AWESOME. Seriously, Rygart's badassery is great. Gets me excited to watch his fights.
May 5, 2014 10:03 PM

Dec 2013
AironicallyHuman said:
L-Ryoshi said:

There was no-one else but himself, Zess and Zess' team when he tried to disarm him. And Rygart INSTANTLY realised his foolishness after--he even highlighted it! He then proceeded to counter in that split second and strike a fatal blow vs. Zess. Not as if his reluctance hurt anybody this time, and he followed through at the second time of asking.

Rygart has no loyalty to his country. He was born there and treated badly because of his inability to manipulate quartz. He's not fighting for 'queen, king and country' now: just his friends. And his guilt over Dan. That was why he wouldn't bend the knee until Hodr got up--he's no knight.

Dislike for his character is clouding your thoughts at this point. Rygart was only a farmer until a a few days ago. Then, suddenly, he's thrust into a robot and expected to kill. It'd be horrible writing for him just to get in the robot then go, "Ok, time to kill for my friends!" Zess has been a soldier his entire life and is trained. Their mentalities are complete opposites.

The "I don't even know what Dan looks like" comment was obviously an attempt at logically justifying not feeling guilty when guilt is crushing him. The guilt has made him put himself in a situation where he just killed a person, before almost/maybe killing his friend. Even Baldr pointed out that what Rygart says and feels aren't in-sync at the grave. That was the point of that scene.

Not trying to be dickish but it's coming across like Rygart has too many layers to his character for you to see/understand. You're just seeing a simple-minded idiot refusing to kill when his psychological thought processes that link to his actions aren't that straightforward. Admittedly, it was stupid when Rygart stopped Dan and got him killed, but it was the naive mistake of someone that's never been in a situation where enemies have to be killed before.

It's obvious that he has many layers, but what you don't get is this, when you are out of your league, especially in the battlefield, you defer to someone who has experience with it, you don't act like a know-it-all idiot who stops your own soldier, someone on the same team as you AND with a lot more experience on the battlefield (where you have absolutely NO experience), from doing his duty just because you feel humane.

Take a real life situation, with you not having any military experience. You've just had some crazy chick shooting at you, you managed to knock her on the ground, with a gun in her hand still, and an actual army grunt whom you have recognized as on your side comes up and tells you to let him deal with the situation. Do you defer to his command? Hell yes, you do! You don't stand in between him and the crazy chick shooting at you because you want to protect the crazy chick. Even the most humane person in real life would shy away from someone that's been shooting at himself/herself and let someone with actual battlefield experience to deal with it.

You can't justify his roles in Dan's death as that he was only just a useless farmer a few days before this.

Then to make the same mistake a second time on the same battlefield. Yes he has no experience, and he has a pacifist heart, but that doesn't mean he's a stupid idiot with no COMMON SENSE, now does it?

Regardless of who the enemy is, they are shooting at you, they want you dead. Unless you are stupidly OP on the battlefield (and I highly doubt that Rygart sees himself as that) that you are never assured that you won't die, you don't do stupid stuff like going into a head-to-head with the intention of just disarming the opponent. Especially not when the enemy has the cover of two flanks. You think that disarming one enemy will make the other two stop shooting at you? Use your brain to actually THINK for a second here!

It's not my being stupid or biased or not understanding his "many layered,, character". The lack of common sense of this guy, backed up by the stuff he does on the battlefield, irritates me to no end. In a real world situation, he shouldn't have been able to get through the first battle, he should be a rotting corpse in the middle of the desert already. Even if he had gotten through the first battle, the first mistake he made in the second "fight" should have ended with a sword to his stomach or a bullet to his head.

Idiots with no training and no common sense have no place on the battlefield. They just get everyone around them killed.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 5, 2014 10:08 PM

Jul 2012
AironicallyHuman said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Love your analysis of Rygart. I wish more people would watch this series that are put off by the ratings because it's a semi-remake. I'm pretty sure they're planning to follow the manga this time around. This was an awesome episode. I was about to watch this then sleep, but now I'm too excited to sleep haha
May 6, 2014 1:15 AM

Jul 2013
It's so unbelievably stupid how Zess' shotd put dents on Rygart's armor, did he bring much larger rounds than his colleagues or something? Rygart said something about focusing his shot but all I saw was Zess shooting at different spots and it instantly made deep dents in one hit. Not to mention the ambush squad didn't even bother to use their shields (why even bring it to the battlefield?) or took cover behind the rocks (something that Zess squad did last episode, did the Krishna army never learn?). The way the Krishna army missed all their shots while Zess squad easily one-hit them at exactly the right spot reminds me of those Hollywood movies where the villain's henchmen never hit anything.

The whole thing smelled like plot armor to make Zess looked better than he is.
May 8, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2009
jiraiya_sensei said:
It's so unbelievably stupid how Zess' shotd put dents on Rygart's armor, did he bring much larger rounds than his colleagues or something? .

The athens mechs they are using are prototypes with better agility and reaction speeds.

Also in episode 1 it was explained that most people have magical talent to manipulate ligaments and fire weapons.

Zess can project more of his energy / ability into his weapons - hence more powerful and accurate rounds.
May 8, 2014 5:02 PM

Jun 2007
Glad a few people enjoyed my Rygart rambling. His type of character just strikes a chord with me. It makes me notice the small things: like how he refused to write a report to Sigyn at the start, then was shown studying Sigyn's instructions utterly focused after the Dan incident. A perfect character is fake; a flawed character is believable. That's what I put it down to.

And, yes: it's a shame no-one is watching this. It's more of a shame that the anime has been a C&P job of the OVAs up to this point, though. No-one likes a recap. Girge better make up for it.

Looking forward to this next ep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C48cy7lR5ZQ

-----------

I fully agree with you that Rygart's actions were stupid, but just for the sake of not having everything be black & white: Rygart assumed the soldier he was fighting was defeated. I don't think the girl that died spoke to him using her golem's radio, so it wasn't some act of chivalry: he just - wrongly - assumed he or she was down and felt it was senseless to kill them when they weren't fighting back. She did still have her gun, yes, but Rygart was applying his own non-war logic to her: assuming she'd rather be captured than fire when unable to escape and not do what she did. That's why, before she died, they had her mention how she thought the country treated prisoners of war--to illustrate why the naive, inexperienced logic Rygart was using was wrong. I felt that scene with Dan served its purpose of showing that war is an ugly thing where caring can get yourself and others killed, rather than it just existing to annoy people over stupidity.

As for Zess, again: yes it was stupid to even consider disarming him when he was fighting three people and the other two were waiting to shoot him. Again, I don't disagree. But Rygart knows nothing of flanking maneuvers and has had no military training whatsoever. Why do you think he's using a rhino charge strategy? Because he's relying entirely on power and has not a clue what he's doing. Remember when he was fighting that girl and he used a lance to try to slash rather than pierce? That alone should've illustrated that Rygart's clueless. It's his country's fault rather than his for having him fight a battle before being trained, out of desperation due to Rygart's machine being so over-powered.

Rygart did learn his lesson about being pacifistic from the Dan incident: that's why he didn't stop when charging through the golem and killing its pilot. But Zess is different. If you remember what I said about Rygart fighting for neither his country, king or queen and instead fighting solely for his friends and guilt, you should also remember that Zess is one of his three friends. He doesn't just want to protect two of them: he wants to stop the other and save all three. That's how his mind works. He's not gonna just see Zess on the enemy side and go, 'Best kill him to save the other two.' Rygart may not be loyal to his country but he is loyal to his friends. So, I don't think you can really blame him for at least trying to avoid killing Zess, before being forced to do so.

See, here's the thing: when people disagree, the answer is somewhere in the middle, generally. I fully agree that Rygart does stupid things but, at the same time, I can understand why he does those stupid things. He's a flawed character - a human character - and this is a mecha show where the title and broken blade on the head of his robot is used to symbolise how broken and flawed its pilot is as a person. But, having said that, you aren't gonna like Rygart's next stupid action - an act of desertion (unless it's anime-only; can't remember manga) - even though I'll again try to justify it. I simply like characters that aren't perfect human beings and don't act like machines with 'common sense' such as enemies must be killed or friends shouldn't be spared. That's the opposite common sense people that aren't trained to fight have.

I think your final line is telling as to why we're disagreeing: "Idiots with no training and no common sense have no place on the battlefield. They just get everyone around them killed." <-- Rygart doesn't want to be on the battlefield. He didn't ask to be. The series is about a guy unfit to be a soldier forcing himself to try to be a soldier. I won't spoil anything but, after the events of the first six-part anime, in the manga there's this whole chunk of the manga dedicated to his mental state. And it comes to a point where he has to distance himself from war, for his own sanity.

What I don't get is how you can like Evangelion but not this. Shinji acted even more stupid and, worse, wimpy in that at the start. Where was his common sense when confronted by a monster in a do-or-die fight?
May 8, 2014 9:02 PM

Jan 2011
Is there actually any point to this series, it doesn't seem like the story will go anywhere beyond what the movie has already touched upon.
May 9, 2014 8:29 AM

Jun 2007
There's definitely a point: Girge. He's probably the best character in the series - certainly the most... enjoyed - and the original six-part series excluded the best scene in the manga: Girge taking on five others at once. The way Girge was handled had a lot less impact in the OVA, and Rygart's breakdown further down the line (post-anime) had a lot to do with his character.

Lots of other things were altered, as well. The lengthy siege of Binoten was altered into a straight-up all-out attack to save time. This changed the entire battle for the worse. It also meant that the political intrigue with Orlando got cut, which is going to be a major factor with the series going forward. The final battle with Borcuse was also altered, with Rygart fighting in a different way due to the Girge fight being removed.

The OVA ended with the same eventual outcome as the manga up to that point, but the differences leading up to it mean A LOT has to be changed. Iirc, it's OVA4 - which will be ep7-8 - where the changes began. Starting with Rygart's village.

The real question is whether they'll be able to fit all of this in. Bear in mind they changed it first time around because of a lack of time, and now they're splitting the OVAs in half over 12 eps with around 5-10mins less time per episode. See the problem? The series had to be re-done to link into the manga... but by limiting themselves to 12eps AND re-using everything until they get to unused content, if they end at the same point as the OVA, then it's still not going to work.
AironicallyHumanMay 9, 2014 8:32 AM
May 9, 2014 5:46 PM

Jan 2011
AironicallyHuman said:
*informative post*

I see, that post was really informative.

I read the manga too awhile ago, but couldn't remember all the differences in the story.

Though I wish they waited a bit longer until the manga published more chapters.

The way it is now is that even if they do manage to fit in all the important events without cutting anything leading up to the end of the siege, which I kind of doubt considering the current pace.
They're still just stopping at the point the OVAs basically reached.

SacredFactorMay 9, 2014 6:20 PM
May 9, 2014 7:58 PM

Dec 2013
AironicallyHuman said:
Glad a few people enjoyed my Rygart rambling. His type of character just strikes a chord with me. It makes me notice the small things: like how he refused to write a report to Sigyn at the start, then was shown studying Sigyn's instructions utterly focused after the Dan incident. A perfect character is fake; a flawed character is believable. That's what I put it down to.

And, yes: it's a shame no-one is watching this. It's more of a shame that the anime has been a C&P job of the OVAs up to this point, though. No-one likes a recap. Girge better make up for it.

Looking forward to this next ep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C48cy7lR5ZQ

-----------

I fully agree with you that Rygart's actions were stupid, but just for the sake of not having everything be black & white: Rygart assumed the soldier he was fighting was defeated. I don't think the girl that died spoke to him using her golem's radio, so it wasn't some act of chivalry: he just - wrongly - assumed he or she was down and felt it was senseless to kill them when they weren't fighting back. She did still have her gun, yes, but Rygart was applying his own non-war logic to her: assuming she'd rather be captured than fire when unable to escape and not do what she did. That's why, before she died, they had her mention how she thought the country treated prisoners of war--to illustrate why the naive, inexperienced logic Rygart was using was wrong. I felt that scene with Dan served its purpose of showing that war is an ugly thing where caring can get yourself and others killed, rather than it just existing to annoy people over stupidity.

As for Zess, again: yes it was stupid to even consider disarming him when he was fighting three people and the other two were waiting to shoot him. Again, I don't disagree. But Rygart knows nothing of flanking maneuvers and has had no military training whatsoever. Why do you think he's using a rhino charge strategy? Because he's relying entirely on power and has not a clue what he's doing. Remember when he was fighting that girl and he used a lance to try to slash rather than pierce? That alone should've illustrated that Rygart's clueless. It's his country's fault rather than his for having him fight a battle before being trained, out of desperation due to Rygart's machine being so over-powered.

Rygart did learn his lesson about being pacifistic from the Dan incident: that's why he didn't stop when charging through the golem and killing its pilot. But Zess is different. If you remember what I said about Rygart fighting for neither his country, king or queen and instead fighting solely for his friends and guilt, you should also remember that Zess is one of his three friends. He doesn't just want to protect two of them: he wants to stop the other and save all three. That's how his mind works. He's not gonna just see Zess on the enemy side and go, 'Best kill him to save the other two.' Rygart may not be loyal to his country but he is loyal to his friends. So, I don't think you can really blame him for at least trying to avoid killing Zess, before being forced to do so.

See, here's the thing: when people disagree, the answer is somewhere in the middle, generally. I fully agree that Rygart does stupid things but, at the same time, I can understand why he does those stupid things. He's a flawed character - a human character - and this is a mecha show where the title and broken blade on the head of his robot is used to symbolise how broken and flawed its pilot is as a person. But, having said that, you aren't gonna like Rygart's next stupid action - an act of desertion (unless it's anime-only; can't remember manga) - even though I'll again try to justify it. I simply like characters that aren't perfect human beings and don't act like machines with 'common sense' such as enemies must be killed or friends shouldn't be spared. That's the opposite common sense people that aren't trained to fight have.

I think your final line is telling as to why we're disagreeing: "Idiots with no training and no common sense have no place on the battlefield. They just get everyone around them killed." <-- Rygart doesn't want to be on the battlefield. He didn't ask to be. The series is about a guy unfit to be a soldier forcing himself to try to be a soldier. I won't spoil anything but, after the events of the first six-part anime, in the manga there's this whole chunk of the manga dedicated to his mental state. And it comes to a point where he has to distance himself from war, for his own sanity.

What I don't get is how you can like Evangelion but not this. Shinji acted even more stupid and, worse, wimpy in that at the start. Where was his common sense when confronted by a monster in a do-or-die fight?

I'll try to keep what you said in mind when it comes to the next action he does. I genuinely like mecha anime, and I consider this one of the better ones I've seen in the past couple of years in terms of art, action and plot.

As for why I enjoyed Evangelion, I never said I enjoyed it for Shinji, who is in my opinion, just as if not more stupid than Rygart. Shinji was initially emotionally blackmailed into piloting, but even when he stepped into his Eva, he was restricted mostly by following commands from above, there were way less circumstances where he went off on his own stupidly trying to get everyone around him killed, since everyone else was hiding underground and all that. Yes he may have been wimpy, but wimps tend not to take risks. Most of the scenes where he didn't comply to orders were when he was in a mentally f-ed up state, or when he was trying to protect his comrades. Like Rygart, he tried deserting once, but in the end it wasn't a guilt trip, but his own personal resolve to protect others that made him go back to fighting.

From what I've seen thus far, Rygart has been shown to stupidly take risks with little or no regard to anyone around him. For me, THAT is the difference which I've seen thus far between the two anime's if you are asking me, and why I hate him so much. Ever lost a friend in a war zone because someone else on the same team f-ed up their priorities? You might have a different perspective if you have.

As for training, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they receive some sort of military training back when they were in that academy? I am no means an expert on this show, but I distinctly remember watching Zeiss handing it to four instructors last episode in one of those flashbacks.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 10, 2014 9:06 AM

Jun 2007
In the Break Blade world, everything is controlled through a sort of... psychic power that allows for the manipulation of quartz. So, when anyone other than Rygart is in a 'robot', rather than use control sticks/pedals to move, they just place both hands on flat surfaces to the sides and use their powers to manipulate the ligaments created out of quartz. Even guns and vehicles work the same way. What this means is that Rygart can't use a gun, much less train using the robots/guns used in the academy. Before he could work the 'under-golem', he was useless in his world. And that's why he was discriminated against.

I'm not 100% on if the academy was solely a military one since it's only shown during those... picturesque flashbacks. But Sigyn went there and she's a bookworm/scientist, so she wouldn't have had military training. And I can't see how Rygart was able to, either. He was just forced to go by his father and left when money ran out. A halfarsed student and no more. Since all he could do in that world was, realistically, manual labour and his dad owned a farm, I imagine he studied agriculture. Maybe someone with a better memory can fill in the blanks for me here.

Rygart does get training after this Zess part is finished next episode, though. So he can have no excuses given from me about no training soon. And that's why you're gonna facepalm when he throws away all discipline as a soldier--because there are actual consequences coming soon.

You made a great/understandable point about Shinji, btw: where as Rygart has no chain around his neck to control him, Gendo in Eva could - and did - remove his ability to control should he take any actions of his own choosing. That meant he couldn't do as Rygart does and act however he wanted, as his feelings dictated. That's a key difference in their situations. But if Shinji wasn't restricted like that (like when Gendo used an AI to kill his friend), he would've acted just like Rygart did with Zess. It's still an interesting point you made, though--it hadn't occurred to me.

Didn't Shinji try to run away multiple times; always deciding to turn back at train station at last second? Either way, Shinji's real reason for keeping going in the Eva was to win his father's affection. He was no more a hero than Rygart. Another interesting difference though lies in their willingness and unwillingness to go back to being a nobody again. Rygart would go back to farming, but Shinji was afraid of returning. At least in an Eva he as important. Rygart doesn't feel like that way.
May 11, 2014 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
That battle was crazy. The Silver-Black Golem is awesome!!
My Candies:
May 12, 2014 8:41 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode exciting, you start to get into the heart of the battle and the bigwigs start to move.
I'm excited for what will come later, and for what we have seen today, in the clash between the group of Zess and the forces of Krishna. Really tough configuration Delfing.
Nice narration, a mecha anime like BB deserves more than this miserable account.
The OST is nice, this time I'm not pissed about how the episode is over. They provided, before closing the episode, a good dose of blows, yes!
I look forward to see the next one. ;)
May 13, 2014 12:44 PM

Sep 2011
Rygart showing his mad skills.
May 15, 2014 12:03 PM

Dec 2011
The golem of the guy with the eye patch looked rather fierce and cool to be honest.

So that's how Rygart got to know Hodr and get that owl and he joins the army in order to protect his friends and country.

Damn his under-golem looks freaking amazing lol.

Wow... Rygart actually managed an enemy with his own hands if I can say so.

Rygart was pretty stupid to just jump right into the enemy alone but he did pretty well, even though he's a beginner.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 27, 2014 6:08 AM

Nov 2010
Woa! that was truly some awesome mecha action
Can't recall this from the movies at all, since it's been a while
Jun 6, 2014 12:55 AM

Dec 2013
DivineTrinity said:

alexpte said:

CodeZwei said:

Pretty much the highlight of the episode for me. Also like how he used the sword as a spring board to avoid getting shot at by Zess's allies.

Lol. This is exactly what I thought. During the 1-2 seconds in between Zess saying, "He's going to run you over" and it actually happening, I was thinking to myself, "Hell yeah! He's about to get trucked!". Once it happened I had to pause the vid and take a few seconds laugh before continuing.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jun 9, 2014 5:15 PM

Apr 2013
LOl i was eating an apple when i was watching this and when i saw Rygart with the heavy armor i ended up spitting apple xD

Aug 3, 2014 5:27 PM

Dec 2010
CodeZwei said:
roflmao yeah

People's demention while hating on Rygart makes me frown.
Nov 8, 2014 11:14 PM

Jun 2014
Awesome episode, I've watched this before in the movie version but im still amazed.
Dec 30, 2015 4:04 AM

Jul 2013
wow.. did Rygart kill Zess? he was a wuss back then but now he's kicking ass. Nice!... But Zess has a 2-yr old daughter right? damn.
Sep 24, 2016 11:44 AM
Mar 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
AironicallyHuman said:

It's obvious that he has many layers, but what you don't get is this, when you are out of your league, especially in the battlefield, you defer to someone who has experience with it, you don't act like a know-it-all idiot who stops your own soldier, someone on the same team as you AND with a lot more experience on the battlefield (where you have absolutely NO experience), from doing his duty just because you feel humane.

Take a real life situation, with you not having any military experience. You've just had some crazy chick shooting at you, you managed to knock her on the ground, with a gun in her hand still, and an actual army grunt whom you have recognized as on your side comes up and tells you to let him deal with the situation. Do you defer to his command? Hell yes, you do! You don't stand in between him and the crazy chick shooting at you because you want to protect the crazy chick. Even the most humane person in real life would shy away from someone that's been shooting at himself/herself and let someone with actual battlefield experience to deal with it.

You can't justify his roles in Dan's death as that he was only just a useless farmer a few days before this.

Then to make the same mistake a second time on the same battlefield. Yes he has no experience, and he has a pacifist heart, but that doesn't mean he's a stupid idiot with no COMMON SENSE, now does it?

Regardless of who the enemy is, they are shooting at you, they want you dead. Unless you are stupidly OP on the battlefield (and I highly doubt that Rygart sees himself as that) that you are never assured that you won't die, you don't do stupid stuff like going into a head-to-head with the intention of just disarming the opponent. Especially not when the enemy has the cover of two flanks. You think that disarming one enemy will make the other two stop shooting at you? Use your brain to actually THINK for a second here!

It's not my being stupid or biased or not understanding his "many layered,, character". The lack of common sense of this guy, backed up by the stuff he does on the battlefield, irritates me to no end. In a real world situation, he shouldn't have been able to get through the first battle, he should be a rotting corpse in the middle of the desert already. Even if he had gotten through the first battle, the first mistake he made in the second "fight" should have ended with a sword to his stomach or a bullet to his head.

Idiots with no training and no common sense have no place on the battlefield. They just get everyone around them killed.
these are such good arguments wow
Apr 28, 2017 2:21 AM

Apr 2011
Rygart so badass. He run over the guy like it was nothing.

Its good Rygart notice that he's nearly crushing Zess to death and let go of his sword.
MagitoApr 28, 2017 2:25 AM
Jan 9, 2023 9:37 PM
May 2022
a bit slow but good
Jun 3, 2023 6:02 AM
Jun 2022
MC is too polite. Decisions are not worth anything and complete trash.

More topics from this board

» Break Blade vs Movie. whats better?

TheNoseOfDeath - Jun 22, 2014

22 by quercifolia »»
Dec 22, 2023 4:55 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

28 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 12:08 PM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

48 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 9:35 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

20 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 9:16 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

53 by Kraum »»
Jan 16, 2023 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.