Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 4, 2014 11:27 PM

Sep 2008
So they went to the lake to save the girl yet made no attempt to save her. Great. Now they are in danger for a seemingly stupid reason. I wish the author thought of better ways to get his characters where he wants them.
May 5, 2014 12:23 AM

May 2010
Yup, episode 5 and a harem is already established.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 5, 2014 12:31 AM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. What a way to start the episode, really love the chemistry between Murakami and Kazumi.

Can't wait for them to deal with this troublesome witch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2014 12:51 AM

Dec 2010
I still don't trust Kotori completely, even if its becoming apparent that she wasn't the killer that was assigned to go after them.

Kana's prophecies do come in handy! Also, am I the only one who thinks that Kazumi really wants to experience sex before she dies? She brings it up, or something similar to it, quite often.

Anyway, good episode, even with the fanservice-y bits which I wasn't huge on, but still lots of fun, and now I have to wait a week...
May 5, 2014 1:15 AM

Jun 2013
this is getting more epic and damn that censoring
May 5, 2014 1:25 AM
Aug 2011
I have no reason to care for any of these characters or their deaths.
May 5, 2014 1:26 AM
Jan 2012
3/5

I enjoy this anime to a certain extent but I'm not a fan of the fanservice. But since that's a given in most anime these days so I don't mind so much. Also, I'm not disappointed that the gore is censored as I'm not a fan of it at all, I can't stomach it if it's really detailed at all.

The characters in this show are all tropes, but it's not bad. This show probably doesn't deserve the rating it gets, but I'm holding off giving it any score right now. I'm seeing if it'll get better, but even if it doesn't I won't drop it because this show is alright. Just average.

The only thing pissing me off is how they just kill off random characters...and we're supposed to care? It doesn't mean anything if they've got no back story or if they contribute nothing to the plot or story. I find it diverts away from the actual plot, in fact.
May 5, 2014 2:42 AM

Jan 2014
It's sad but I'm watching this because I only want to know how it will end, but I'm feeling nothing towards the characters nor the story so much.

This episode was a 3/5, futile fanservice that I didn't like and some superficial bits of dialogues and situations that were just bothersome.
If Kana has a paralysis and cannot show any facial expressions, how Konoha knew that there was something wrong with her in the cliffs? :D

The AA+ witch seems powerful, but not so impossible to beat, c'mon.
If one of them dies there's no more time repeat this time around.

May 5, 2014 3:06 AM

Apr 2013
Man, that Kotori just sneak out unnoticed?
She can't be bad cause she's in the ED. She'll probably teleport that silly cannon user into water or somewhere.
+ Kana's prophecy doesn't seem all that great if it can be easily changed.
May 5, 2014 3:50 AM
Feb 2013
Ventris said:
This show fails so badly at basically everything, it is almost funny. And they're not the least bit self aware about it. They're trying to tell some kind of dark story and everything they do to achieve this is so utterly botched, that it makes the entire thing look ridiculous.

If I were you, I would drop it.

I mean, really: there is no use to keep watching a show you don't like.

But what's even more annoying is to see some people complain week after week how the show is worthless, yet feel compelled to continue complaining about it on this forum. It doesn't make sense. We're at episode 5 by now; more than enough to make up your opinion of it. And, as you say, it really is crap and the entire thing looks ridiculous, THEN STOP WATCHING it. I never understood people which are that inconsistent, unless their only goal is to troll. Mind you, this does not mean one can't say some constructive criticism about it, but that's not the same as just complaining about it, and saying everything is bad. If everything is bad, stop watching it.

If I don't like a show/series, I drop it, it's as simple as that. I think we all have better things to do than watch an anime you don't like, and keep telling us how you dislike everything. There are many series, films, etc. out there that I don't like too. Well, I'm not wasting my time with those that I don't like. I'll say it again: it makes no sense to keep watching something you don't like, and coming to a forum every week to tell us how much you dislike everything.
AnimageNebyMay 5, 2014 3:54 AM
May 5, 2014 4:48 AM

Oct 2009
How'd Kana get the prediction of Neko dieing @ the factory ... that should be out of her range based on what she said about her power this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2014 5:31 AM

Nov 2010
RIP Shino, the poor kitten is left alone now :(
Kazumi is such a tease, she would be a nice pair with Ryouta if he didn't have a destined love with Kuro Neko

Kotori's air headness was really funny
May 5, 2014 5:48 AM

Apr 2014
-ShadowClaw- said:

IF u read the manga than u know that they really didint change much most of the material is the same with a few changes in dialect and putting bits of scense a bit out of order but not much.

I actually think the pacing and adaptation is going great so far

Yeah ARMS Studio was really doing a great gob because they actually arranging the scenes in order unlike in the manga. I just wish that this one would not be like Elfen Lied which the Anime had different Ending from the manga. And I also want to say this was really much better than Elfen Lied.

Haters always gonna hate.
May 5, 2014 6:36 AM
Dec 2013
Yanoflies said:
How'd Kana get the prediction of Neko dieing @ the factory ... that should be out of her range based on what she said about her power this episode.

Nice catch...
May 5, 2014 6:59 AM

Apr 2014
Yanoflies said:

Probably she just lied again so Murakami will be convince that's she's sure about what she had seen in her vision.Just like how she was hiding that she can really move but she don't want to move.
Haters always gonna hate.
May 5, 2014 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
I hope the MC kisses Kana in the future... I know it's highly improbable with Kuroneko being the main love interest, but still... he needs to kiss Kana at least once!

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
May 5, 2014 8:59 AM

Oct 2012
Shino died a background character death. At least the cat survived.
May 5, 2014 9:49 AM

Aug 2012
When B class witches are far cuter than AA+ class.. seriously, those teeth are scary XD

This ep was so much better than previous episode.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
May 5, 2014 10:35 AM

Feb 2013
Well, things I didn't see happening happened. Looking forward to more.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
May 5, 2014 10:40 AM

Jan 2011
For some reason all I could think of when I saw the AA+ was the Cero from Bleach
夜露死苦
http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3
May 5, 2014 12:05 PM

Dec 2013
FlamingYu said:
Man, that Kotori just sneak out unnoticed?
She can't be bad cause she's in the ED. She'll probably teleport that silly cannon user into water or somewhere.
+ Kana's prophecy doesn't seem all that great if it can be easily changed.

Still believe that Kotori is hiding something, whether it be a second personality unknown to her, or maybe she's being blackmailed into helping the other team, who knows... XD

I think Kana's prophecy isn't changed as much as it being misinterpreted by Kana herself. I get the feeling that Kotori is smiling in the prophecy because she saved the day or something. Maybe she jumped off some really high cliff and teleported the AA+ to that location, right before AA+ was about to mutilate Ryuota or something and then "SPLAT" AA+ dies a gib-alicious death ;)
Same vision, different interpretation, no?

Kana blushing on Ryuota's back and that 180 degree change from all the girls thinking star gazing was boring was awesome!

I want next weeks episode now!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 5, 2014 12:06 PM

Jan 2014
Cool episode but all these cliffhangers ._.
cya next week.
May 5, 2014 1:47 PM

Jun 2013
This anime would have been better if it had a tad bit less fanservice..I don't really mind it, but those sound effects of Kotori's boob-bounce reminded me of HotD, which I for certainly didn't watch for story.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 5, 2014 4:04 PM

Oct 2009
Yanoflies said:

Rayzer said:
Probably she just lied again so Murakami will be convince that's she's sure about what she had seen in her vision.Just like how she was hiding that she can really move but she don't want to move.

Doubt that was a lie, probably just an oversight by the author.
May 5, 2014 5:14 PM

Jun 2013
AA+ witch needs nerfs pls.
May 5, 2014 6:13 PM

Nov 2013
Censoring too OP. Nerf plz.
May 5, 2014 6:59 PM

Apr 2012
I want to see the next episode ASAP D:
May 5, 2014 8:23 PM
Jul 2012
It's remaining pretty faithful to the manga so far. Great episode.
May 5, 2014 8:46 PM

Sep 2013
Baku219 said:
SweetKotomi said:

@Barion How are they gonna beat that monster?
I was thinking Murokami acts as bait, distracts Kikako by running in so and so direction, Kuroha while Kikako being distracted slowly walks up to her and just when Kikako is going to shoot that beam, Kotori uses her magic to teleport Murokami. Then Kuroha quickly pushes that harnest on Kikako's back for the win.

Seems risky since they only get one try based on Kotori's magic hanging up after one use.
I think Kotori's power only works by switching with people. Why else would she switch with Murakami if she could do it on her own? I may be over thinking this though. Otherwise, that seems like a good plan. No matter what, I'm sure Kotori doesn't kill them. She probably switches with someone too late in the premonitions which makes her look she's the killer, maybe smiling thinking she saved them. Good episode, this show has so many cliffhangers already.

Well maybe she could get in front of Kikako and the moment she shoots her beam Kotori would teleport effectively making Kikako kill herself.
May 5, 2014 9:17 PM

Aug 2013
Holy crap... I absolutely love when predictions are FORCED to come true due to special circumstances. Man... Kuroha's efforts were in vain though; she still got obliterated by Ms. AA+ :/

I wonder how they will get out of THIS one. Can't wait.
May 5, 2014 9:42 PM
Mar 2009
Lol, so Kotori is probably also a B class witch. And teleportation magic with a limit of one teleport in between harnest hang ups? Wow, she's kind of useless.

I'm guessing Ryouta tied Kuroha to the pole and then used himself to switch with Kotori, where she then pulls out the harnest from Kikako?

Sucks that Shino died like that. Kuroha was gathering her resolve to save her and then yeah...you two talked a little too much there...

DEM CENSORS. Geez, this show is pretty gory. And Kazumi is hilarious; why is she trying so hard?

Looks like Ryouta scored love points with all the girls this episode. And Kuroha has a yandere streak somewhere inside her.
May 6, 2014 1:05 AM
Sep 2013
I know Kazumi is a horny bitch and I know why she is a horny bitch, which will be elaborated later, but was she this horny a bitch?

Kuroha's "yandere-ism" seems to be beyond her control. Its not like she gets jealous and then destroy stuff in a fit of jealousy, its more like it's happening subconsciously. It probably has something to do with her losing her memories.
May 6, 2014 1:45 AM

May 2013
Even tough I still suspect Kotori here, awww, isn't she's just cute?

Anyways, I liked Ryota and Kazumi's bond though it was kind of pervert. I feel bad for Shino, what will happen next time?
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 6, 2014 2:17 AM

Mar 2014
I didnt like how things turned out to be with Kotori san :/
I would've enjoyed it if she turned out to be the ultimate villain! :"D she matches that profile! (hot blonde with smile on the face making other girl jelous >.> )
May 6, 2014 2:19 AM

Feb 2012
Sucks that Shino had to die.. She seems like a cute character. Oh well.

Kuroha unintentionally used her powers when Kazumi licked Ryouta.. Kuroha's getty jelly and she doesn't even know it yet. Lol!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 6, 2014 2:22 AM

Mar 2014
KumaKing said:
AA+ witch needs nerfs pls.

aaahahahahahahaha

It's still on episode 5! There will be improvemnets on the next update with lots of nerfing on imbalanced chars and bug fixes :P
May 6, 2014 5:50 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Thread Cleaned of spam and off topic discussion

The ability to teleport once before getting hung up... seems pretty useless. Either she gets stronger and is able to teleport more before getting hung up or she is a hybrid with another power.

Surprised there hasn't been a joke about the rank AA/AA+ and bra sizes.

Poor Shino D: I honestly may have puked a bit if it wasn't censored >.>
May 6, 2014 9:05 AM

Mar 2013
So...anyone who knows about witches is going to get killed...but then we have this lady who throws laZers left and right without giving a damn...

I guess we'll be seeing what Kotori has in the bag next episode. From this one it seems to me that she has no ideea of what is going on...that isn't the reaction of a runaway witch when someone finds out about her...or that's what I think.
May 6, 2014 10:45 AM

Jul 2010
I knew she was going to die, her face was just too way generic, therefore I'm expecting someone else important to die next.
May 6, 2014 3:17 PM

Aug 2010
I can't be the only one who giggled when that AA+ witch was all like "Imma firin mah lazor!" XD

Also, I like Kazumi and her being playful... too bad it gets Kuroneko jelly.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 6, 2014 5:26 PM

Nov 2012
I liked this episode, it advanced a lot from the plot.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
May 6, 2014 6:42 PM

Jan 2013
Disappointed... Premise seemed really interesting and the OP song is so good but I just can't take it seriously now...

"Boob fees" and censored gore doesn't help either. Not sure if I should drop it now or just see if it gets better.
May 6, 2014 7:53 PM

Nov 2012
Negative points for the fanservice and unfunny sexual jokes. I'm not too interested in any of the characters introduced in this episode though I would want to see how Kotori will act once she gets into her killer side if she can.
May 7, 2014 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
Kana bestest girl.
May 7, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
ex_necross said:
Pink hair slut continues to ruin the show. It was decent before she arrived, now it's laughable.

TIL: Virgins can be sluts...
May 7, 2014 11:55 PM

May 2012
08:03 yeapp

10:23 LOOOL

17:13 multipersona?

22:53 Kotori walking wif them

6.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 8, 2014 12:30 AM

Jul 2012
Laser cannon is cool but I was expecting something more from a AA+

Kotori's power seems pretty useless so far...I'm hoping she gets a power up. She seems like she has a hidden personality.

Shino had death flags written all over her. Would've been more gruesome without the censoring but still a pretty brutal death.
May 8, 2014 6:04 AM

Jan 2008
Fuck this shit. The boobs jiggling and a lot of unnecessary sexual innuendos/otaku pandering has made me drop it. I can't stand it anymore.

I mean, the only good thing is the OP and the climax of the episode.
May 8, 2014 10:34 AM

Oct 2009
Something about these last two episodes just doesn't click with me, the pacing is off and the sexual jokes are pretty lame. Also the whole dark atmosphere and suspense built around episode 1-3 seems to have disappeared.

I sense no real danger to any of the cast right now. Nothing really impressive so far :/
I expected more from this..
May 8, 2014 10:39 AM

Jul 2012
ex_necross said:
Pink hair slut continues to ruin the show. It was decent before she arrived, now it's laughable.

She will become the best girl lol
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

403 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:24 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

308 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 4:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.