Forum Settings
Forums

My song which I titled Bollocks. [Home-recorded Jazz]

New
May 3, 2014 4:20 PM
Jan 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS-8ElJkgxM

I hope you like it. I don't have any jazz training so I've been wondering what my piano playing sounds like to others.
May 3, 2014 4:51 PM

Jul 2009
I'd love to be able to give some decent feedback but I don't really know much about Jazz! D;

Is it improv? I find Jazz quite interesting but I've never really found myself sitting down and giving it a proper listen.

If you want proper constructive feedback on it, then Reddits composer section can be great for that.
May 3, 2014 11:52 PM
Jan 2014
Well the head which is the main part is the blocked chords played in the beginning... everything else is improvised based on those chords.

I posted it in /r/music but it just got a few upvotes.
May 3, 2014 11:57 PM

Mar 2009
That sounds really nice and relaxing.
I hope you get more upvotes on that.
May 4, 2014 10:56 AM
Jan 2014
Thanks! My post plateaued at about 8 or 9... but what happens happens. I'm glad you liked it
May 5, 2014 11:03 AM

May 2013
This is not meant to come off rude or anything, but the drumming really needs some work, I would enjoy the tune much more without the drums.
May 5, 2014 12:19 PM
Jan 2014
No it's just constructive criticism I don't mind. I will say I think my drumming is suitable for it. Improvising a piano solo isn't my thing -- I need the drums to keep it stable or else my piano will go on a terrible tangent like it did in the third take. And anyway I think my drumming is fine (though could be better) -- it was the same BPM for the most part and didn't do much to take away from the piece. But if there was something that I overlooked with the drums I would like to know what it is to improve.
MagnusPaajarviMay 5, 2014 12:25 PM
May 5, 2014 12:55 PM

May 2013
MagnusPaajarvi said:
No it's just constructive criticism I don't mind. I will say I think my drumming is suitable for it. Improvising a piano solo isn't my thing -- I need the drums to keep it stable or else my piano will go on a terrible tangent like it did in the third take. And anyway I think my drumming is fine (though could be better) -- it was the same BPM for the most part and didn't do much to take away from the piece. But if there was something that I overlooked with the drums I would like to know what it is to improve.

I just think they are very monotone and sloppy sounding and I think you tend to overuse fills alot. But it's just my opinion. I still feel that I sound a bit rude but I'm glad you don't take it that way.

Keep improving and making music, I will follow this thread so please update me with newer tunes.
May 5, 2014 1:13 PM

Feb 2014
sounds really good nice work
Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers
May 5, 2014 1:42 PM
Jan 2014
To AcidSmile: No really, don't feel rude. It's a part of life. I'll take your criticisms and work on it. Thank you for them.

Here is my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/raymond-sosa
Everything is recorded with a shitty home mic in separate takes so the quality can sometimes be altered.

To Leviet: Thank you.

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

358 by nin-tendo »»
4 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

1 by DesuMaiden »»
10 hours ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

11 by DesuMaiden »»
10 hours ago

» Have you tried using lmms?

Cammell - 12 hours ago

0 by Cammell »»
12 hours ago

» Help me modify this layout

Luffie00 - Yesterday

0 by Luffie00 »»
Yesterday, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.