Forum Settings
Forums

My alternative Fan Fiction - Moderation - Status: Chapter Five

New
May 2, 2014 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
I hope you will all enjoy this, as I have been wanting to do something involving MAL for quite a while now.

Some of you may become villains, try to contain your butthurt.

Important: The Prologue is in first person. The actual chapters will more than likely not be, unless I randomly change my mind tonight.

First Update: Excited by the positive response, I went ahead and introduced Kineta with chapter one. The violence might put off some people, but keep in mind that I am still trying to get a feel for the tone I'm looking for. A "certain" character who is appearing in Chapter 1 will no doubt always be very violent. It is... in her nature.

Second Update: This chapter took me a while to get out, both due to sickness and general writers block. I'll just say it. Screw this prison and I wish i'd never thought of it. Due to you guys all really liking the story, for a while I felt like I wouldn't be able to write as well and got nervous.

I hope you will all stick with me going forward, because now that they are out of this shithole prison and on the streets of the city, I can do a LOT more with the story, especially as far as describing and explaining where they are.

Anyways, hope you all enjoy.

Prologue:

Chapter 1: Moonlight

Chapter Duece

Chapter Too-Fitty

Chapter Tray

Part 3.5

Rodac Interlude

Chapter Willem Defoe

Chapter Five

SolviteWoTaberuJun 14, 2014 7:57 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 2, 2014 10:18 PM
Dec 2013
You should make another fic. Mod stories are the best.
May 2, 2014 10:18 PM

Jan 2013
NarTaco said:
You should make another fic. Mod stories are the best.

It's going multiple chapters. The main character in Kineta, and it will be told in third person.

This is just the prologue.
May 3, 2014 1:30 AM

Apr 2012
That is really good. Please update regularly :)
May 3, 2014 2:05 AM

Jan 2013
Next Chapter will be out tomorrow. I'm going to add another character I think, and go into a bit of CRAVE I think. Not sure.
May 3, 2014 3:27 AM
May 2012
Awesome.
May 3, 2014 3:28 AM

Mar 2014
Could not stop laughing at MAL Project.
More.

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
Hardwork betrays none, but dreams betray many.
May 3, 2014 3:34 AM

Aug 2012
An awesome writing style.. and so far, I'm liking the plot.
Please make this as a daily series~
May 3, 2014 4:03 AM

Jan 2013
julyan04 said:

Updated with the first chapter, but I don't know if I can do one chapter every day.

I'd like the chapters to be a bit longer than they currently are.

Edit: Might have to clean chapter 1 up tomorrow. It's about where I'd like it to be, but I think I may have rushed it a bit.
SolviteWoTaberuMay 3, 2014 4:08 AM
May 3, 2014 4:11 AM

Mar 2014
julyan04 said:

If he does that, he might get an anime adaptation in the distant future.

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
Hardwork betrays none, but dreams betray many.
May 3, 2014 4:13 AM

Jan 2013
Redraft said:
julyan04 said:

If he does that, he might get an anime adaptation in the distant future.

Too bad I'm white.
May 3, 2014 4:19 AM

Aug 2012
Well, that was bloody. I have a feeling that we will meet the other mods as we go up this underground facility. So I'm also guessing that some mods will be villains? Can't wait to see who will fill those roles.

And wow, Luna achieved a whole new level of badassery.

SolviteSekai said:

I don't know if I can do one chapter every day.

Aww.. too bad. But the longer the better.
May 3, 2014 4:21 AM

Jan 2013
julyan04 said:
Well, that was bloody. I have a feeling that we will meet the other mods as we go up this underground facility. So I'm also guessing that some mods will be villains? Can't wait to see who will fill those roles.

And wow, Luna achieved a whole new level of badassery.

SolviteSekai said:

I don't know if I can do one chapter every day.

Aww.. too bad. But the longer the better.

Thank god, I was worried the quality might go down when switching from the first person perspective.

And not everyone will be as violent as Luna. She's freaking Luna. That's like... her thing.
May 3, 2014 4:23 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
It feels a little weird to praise a story I'm in, but even if it were someone else or unique characters, I like the way your story is written so far. The prologue really sets the tone for the story and draws the reader in. And the first chapter portrays her feelings at being caught in this strange cell well, without being over the top.

All in all, looking forward to more :)
May 3, 2014 4:29 AM

Aug 2012
SolviteSekai said:
Thank god, I was worried the quality might go down when switching from the first person perspective.

I do believe that when it comes to action and adventure, 3rd POV is the way to go. Welp, it still depends on the writer's skills.

SolviteSekai said:
And not everyone will be as violent as Luna. She's freaking Luna. That's like... her thing.

Hahaha. Can't wait to see more :>
May 3, 2014 10:25 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Luna to the rescue! So far, it's been a fun read. Hope to see more in the future. That spine into a hammer though... lol.
p r o f i l e 👀
May 3, 2014 11:11 AM

Jun 2012
bby that spinal action was sexy ass hell.

Great job thus far, looking forward to other characters. The newly enlisted mods in specific.
May 3, 2014 11:38 AM

Jan 2013
Just for reference, Luna can do a lot more than just make a hammer. I was just tired earlier/still am tired, so the first chapter was admittedly crap for what I envision from this.

I kind of just typed out some crap I thought of while eating a bowl of cocoa crispies.
May 3, 2014 6:00 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I wonder if this will include other mods such as news mods and review/rec mods...
Interesting read, getting a resident evil/elfien lied (Though I have not seen it..) feel from this.
May 3, 2014 6:35 PM
May 2014
For something you wrote out the first rurn through its nice.
I think the characters are flat, not enough dimension to them as actual people. I mean, thats in nearly every story, but it bothers me.
was Kineta raised w/ other people? "where the hell am I?"
i think more detail into her experience of waking up confused nd in pain.
mad scientists just getto run around doing this to prisoners that are obviously valuable?
there should have been more of a lead up into the violence, first the crazy scientist tries to fake being nice, an attempt at following some company code of ethics...then cracking at the frustration of it and getting the goons in on it. I think that would slow down the pace a bit too, which would be an upside

like Zelot said, its got an elfen leid feel to it. kinda a dark undertone of no happy ending and a fuckload of nameless soldier dying left and right.

a nice story, I'm interested
May 4, 2014 2:51 AM

May 2010
I am liking it so far.
May 4, 2014 2:51 AM

Jan 2013
akiyuki_oh_no said:
For something you wrote out the first rurn through its nice.
I think the characters are flat, not enough dimension to them as actual people. I mean, thats in nearly every story, but it bothers me.
was Kineta raised w/ other people? "where the hell am I?"
i think more detail into her experience of waking up confused nd in pain.
mad scientists just getto run around doing this to prisoners that are obviously valuable?
there should have been more of a lead up into the violence, first the crazy scientist tries to fake being nice, an attempt at following some company code of ethics...then cracking at the frustration of it and getting the goons in on it. I think that would slow down the pace a bit too, which would be an upside

like Zelot said, its got an elfen leid feel to it. kinda a dark undertone of no happy ending and a fuckload of nameless soldier dying left and right.

a nice story, I'm interested

Keep in mind that If i told you all that stuff in chapter 1, you wouldn't need to keep reading. :P

I'm also trying to keep it as light and battle shounen as possible, because if i slap down giant text walls, nobody on mal will end up reading past chapter 2.

As for the dark elfin lied feel, as I've said that is particularly Luna's character. Give it time for other people to show up who offset her harsh decision making.

Can't argue with that flat characters. So far that's just true.
May 7, 2014 11:56 PM

Jan 2013
Just got off the ban train, shit should be up soon.
May 8, 2014 12:54 PM

Jun 2009
I enjoy this one a lot. I think the world and the characters are interesting~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 8, 2014 1:36 PM

Jan 2013
I have to stop being sick and be capable of reading text before i can do anything here. Hopefully people dont get bored and forget about me :(
May 8, 2014 3:24 PM

Aug 2013
SolviteSekai said:
I have to stop being sick and be capable of reading text before i can do anything here. Hopefully people dont get bored and forget about me :(
No risk :3 This is the most interesting MAL page for me right now :P

May 9, 2014 3:28 PM

Apr 2012
SolviteSekai said:
Don't worry im patiently waiting for the next release.
May 10, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2009
wow this is solid stuff. great concept to make one about mal

lol'd @ xinil's back story.

will be following this
May 10, 2014 6:10 PM

Jan 2013
Ok, I threw up Chapter 2 and 3, and a special interlude chapter narrated by Xinil.

I'm hoping to flesh out a bit of his story and his reasons for what he did in these interludes, so I hope people enjoy them.
May 10, 2014 6:14 PM

Jun 2009
I love this story. It is so interesting~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 11, 2014 1:42 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
whoah, two and a half chapters posted!
that took a bit of time to read..
this is getting interesting, is Luna really a Vampire or is that just a silly name?
hehe luna a vampire..
I love the use of "IRC"
curious if you will give that a new acronym xD
May 11, 2014 8:55 PM

Jan 2013
I believe chapter 4 will be up tomorrow.

Also, the first legitimate fight scene should come fairly soon.

It wont be like Elfen Lied with faceless deaths, that was just the intro.
May 11, 2014 8:57 PM

Jun 2009
SolviteSekai said:
I believe chapter 4 will be up tomorrow.

Also, the first legitimate fight scene should come fairly soon.

It wont be like Elfen Lied with faceless deaths, that was just the intro.

I am looking forward to it. So that means actual people will die every time!
I will have to wait to see what happens

May 14, 2014 3:10 PM

Oct 2009
GOAT
May 19, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2013
RandomChampion said:
GOAT

Hmm?
May 19, 2014 2:07 PM

Apr 2012
This is great; it almost feels like I'm reading a normal action novel.

Keep it up! I'll be following this one for sure.

May 19, 2014 7:51 PM

Jan 2013
More coming soon.
May 21, 2014 6:31 PM

Jun 2009
SolviteSekai said:
More coming soon.
Yay, good news~

May 23, 2014 10:00 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
This almost fell off the first page, so I had to bump it to say I really enjoyed the last chapters and am looking forward to seeing more :)
May 23, 2014 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
The problem is im having horrendous issues with my medicine. I'm on the verge of having to hit the hospital. I'll try to write some but i dont want to upload a bad set of chapters.

This story has shown me how much my illness and physical issues effect my ability to function on a schedule.
May 23, 2014 3:54 PM

Oct 2009
SolviteSekai said:
The problem is im having horrendous issues with my medicine. I'm on the verge of having to hit the hospital. I'll try to write some but i dont want to upload a bad set of chapters.

This story has shown me how much my illness and physical issues effect my ability to function on a schedule.

hope all goes well
May 26, 2014 2:30 PM

Jun 2009
SolviteSekai said:

We await patiently for new chapters~

May 27, 2014 3:37 AM

Apr 2014
That was pretty amazing. I will be keeping up with this ^~^
IZEROII said:
If you legitimately enjoyed this as a series then I honestly believe you need to reevaluate your definition of entertainment because watching tin foil blow in the wind probably is a way you kill time.

SolviteSekai said:
Lol wish fulfillment. It's always been my wish to be a greasy lolicon with a mullet who plays Civ all day every day.

He got me.
Jun 2, 2014 10:49 AM

Jan 2013
AnimeLov3r69 said:

I'm truly sorry for the lack of progress. The ball will be rolling soon. Like, within a day or so.
Jun 5, 2014 8:18 AM

Apr 2014
SolviteSekai said:
AnimeLov3r69 said:

I'm truly sorry for the lack of progress. The ball will be rolling soon. Like, within a day or so.
All good haha ^~^
IZEROII said:
If you legitimately enjoyed this as a series then I honestly believe you need to reevaluate your definition of entertainment because watching tin foil blow in the wind probably is a way you kill time.

SolviteSekai said:
Lol wish fulfillment. It's always been my wish to be a greasy lolicon with a mullet who plays Civ all day every day.

He got me.
Jun 10, 2014 5:26 PM

Jan 2013
Ok, I'm going to start writing again.

Notice I had to resort to a time skip to get past what was giving me extreme writers block, and with no medicinal changes in the future, this is just what its going to be.

I plan to make the next arc (aka this shit thats going down) much better than the first part, so please hang with me during this shitty rough patch.
Jun 11, 2014 2:13 PM

Oct 2009
tachii has ice in his veins

too goot
Jun 11, 2014 2:14 PM

Jan 2013
RandomChampion said:

too goot

Feel like i fucked it up, but it will get better in the next part. Now that I'm not written into a corner.
Jun 11, 2014 2:16 PM

Oct 2009
SolviteSekai said:
RandomChampion said:

too goot

Feel like i fucked it up, but it will get better in the next part. Now that I'm not written into a corner.

i dont see how anything is fucked up . this is a better story than those of most anime i see nowadays
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

358 by nin-tendo »»
2 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

1 by DesuMaiden »»
8 hours ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

11 by DesuMaiden »»
8 hours ago

» Have you tried using lmms?

Cammell - 10 hours ago

0 by Cammell »»
10 hours ago

» Help me modify this layout

Luffie00 - Yesterday

0 by Luffie00 »»
Yesterday, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.