Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 4, 2014 9:31 PM
Jul 2013
is ellen really the strongest wizard? she looks weak~~

the beginning was stupid turning this harem anime into a mecha kinda like gundam seed bullshit kinda thing

and stop showing yoshino if its just 3 seconds don't show her in the entire season motherfuckers!!
May 5, 2014 8:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
so

when will Yoshino stop watching tv? :3
May 5, 2014 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
Hmm I think they can do better in delivering the ending
May 5, 2014 11:44 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
What a cute episode
though... from the OP i always imagined the new spirits to be captured and turned evil by the bad people..
and I thought the twins were going to get captured when the big battleship showed up.

Can't wait to see the twins in school! I hope they are at each others throat at the same time as I hope they are buddy buddy!
May 5, 2014 12:00 PM

Mar 2014
kramXD said:

the beginning was stupid turning this harem anime into a mecha kinda like gundam seed bullshit kinda thing

and stop showing yoshino if its just 3 seconds don't show her in the entire season motherfuckers!!

Considering Ellen kicked Tohka's ass and made it look easy when Tohka can take on the other AST, including Origami, with very few problems, I'd say Ellen's pretty powerful. I'm not sure why she was relying on those Bandersnatch mechs, though, aside from numbers/intimidation, since frigging Shido cut a couple of them in half after summoning Sandalphon.
May 5, 2014 7:47 PM

Sep 2010
so it only took them almost half the season to get a good ep.

and then there was the post ED scene, so...
4/5
May 6, 2014 6:32 PM
Jul 2013
FireKiller87 said:
kramXD said:

Considering Ellen kicked Tohka's ass and made it look easy when Tohka can take on the other AST, including Origami, with very few problems, I'd say Ellen's pretty powerful. I'm not sure why she was relying on those Bandersnatch mechs, though, aside from numbers/intimidation, since frigging Shido cut a couple of them in half after summoning Sandalphon.

are you fucking kidding me?
do you really watched the anime?

tohka's spirit abilities are sealed by shido, so she can't fully released her combative abilities, kicked tohka's ass huh? i actually hate tohka but there is no doubt that she is the strongest spirit if Ellen and her group are that interested in her

i'd say tohka can beat ellen into a pulp, and she falls for such a childish trap what a moron
kramXDMay 6, 2014 6:35 PM
May 6, 2014 10:21 PM

Aug 2010
kramXD said:
FireKiller87 said:
kramXD said:

tohka's spirit abilities are sealed by shido, so she can't fully released her combative abilities, kicked tohka's ass huh? i actually hate tohka but there is no doubt that she is the strongest spirit if Ellen and her group are that interested in her

i'd say tohka can beat ellen into a pulp, and she falls for such a childish trap what a moron

We don't know why they are interested in her as of now. Definitely doesn't make her the strongest spirit. Heck there is no such thing as strongest spirit.

But yeah you're right. Ellen wouldn't stand a chance against Tohka at full strength. Ellen wouldn't stand a chance against any of the spirits non sealed from what I can see. The sad thing is that Ellen is most likely the strongest character that isn't a spirit.
May 7, 2014 9:14 PM

Jan 2013
Well that went as good as I expected.
Decent episode.
May 8, 2014 11:17 AM

Dec 2011
The end that everybody wants!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2014 6:58 PM
Jul 2013
Ragna92 said:
kramXD said:
FireKiller87 said:
kramXD said:

We don't know why they are interested in her as of now. Definitely doesn't make her the strongest spirit. Heck there is no such thing as strongest spirit.

But yeah you're right. Ellen wouldn't stand a chance against Tohka at full strength. Ellen wouldn't stand a chance against any of the spirits non sealed from what I can see. The sad thing is that Ellen is most likely the strongest character that isn't a spirit.

how are you so sure that there is no strongest spirit? sure tohka might not be it, but there must be someone out there like the first spirit who appeared, cause kurumi needing shido's power to somehow kill that first spirit
May 11, 2014 8:01 AM

Aug 2010
kramXD said:
Ragna92 said:
kramXD said:
FireKiller87 said:
kramXD said:

how are you so sure that there is no strongest spirit? sure tohka might not be it, but there must be someone out there like the first spirit who appeared, cause kurumi needing shido's power to somehow kill that first spirit

The first spirit is most likely the strongest spirit but can't really say much since we don't really know anything about the first spirit.
May 11, 2014 12:18 PM

Jan 2013
I loved the "Shido gets a sword and is all badass" part <3
May 12, 2014 12:14 PM

Aug 2012
Needs moar Kotori <3

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
May 13, 2014 2:14 PM

Jan 2011
Sounds like Shido needs to upgrade his harem storage capacity. (◕ᴥ◕し)
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 14, 2014 6:11 AM

Aug 2013
Oh Yuzuru and Kaguya kissed Shidou. Camera angle, why did you fool me? XD!

Kannazuki is surprisingly capable and very reliable. I enjoyed watching him going all M during the attack haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 15, 2014 12:25 AM
Jan 2013
Oh my... w-what's this?! A decent episode?!?! fucking finally.

Not a bad episode at all, it has actually stopped me from dropping this anime. It went from a 1 to a 2 as well.

Also...

xchee said:
Oh Yuzuru and Kaguya kissed Shidou. Camera angle, why did you fool me? XD!

I was disappointed as well...

If it keeps this up, I might start liking it.

3/5 for the episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2014 6:31 PM

Feb 2013
Great action-packed episode!

Loved that air-ship battle. I want more!

I liked Ellen this episode too. Hope to see more of her in battle-mode.
May 29, 2014 4:00 PM

May 2011
Always thought Kannazuki was pretty useless, but man, he was awesome this episode.

Glad to see the twins survive, guess they'll be living with Shido from now on. Shidou, you lucky bastard xD

Can't helped but be surprised at the very end. Kotori seems pretty nonchalant about killing Shido if need be. Hope that's not the case :(
Jun 11, 2014 2:08 PM

Jan 2013
LOL what are they?! Hole diggers?! xD
Interesting episode overall. I had fun :).

That ending/preview.. that is. well soon we will see.
Jun 12, 2014 8:02 AM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode,probably the best episode so far.I was so happy watching twins crying and saying how much they love each other and want to live :D And that kiss in the end :3 so cute ^^
Wow so Shido can now control partly the power of the spirits wooow! What a boss,that moment when he took the sword and killed those robots :D Finally that ship was destroyed by twins,and their ecchi captain isn't so dumb as he looks like,actually he is very smart xD
Shido is an spirit now too?whaaat xD and Kotori changed from good imouto -> bad imouto,but i doubt that she can kill him because she love her Onii-Chan :)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 17, 2014 10:01 PM

Sep 2011
Good shit! That concludes the ginger arc (I believe), now hopefully we can finally see some Kurumi!

Oh and dat team bow attack thing... crazy.
Jun 20, 2014 10:39 PM

Nov 2012
Is Shidou turning into a spirit? That'd be nice to see.
Jun 23, 2014 5:29 AM

Oct 2012
Dat "mokyunn"
Itou Shizuka-sama!!!!! xD
Is it just me or the "Gross" girl just sleeping with her glasses on??

Erabe! Erabe!! Erabe!!! (Ofc with Nakata Jouji-san's voice xD)
And at the end of episode.. It's really Nakata Jouji-san!!!!

I.. just.. saw.. genderbend...
"Signature removed"
Jun 30, 2014 5:41 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

At the technical level and graph, we are far from the first season, here we have a clear example, not bad action, but this series does not seem to do it meat and fish.
I do not know if it is the best fanservice or the seriousness shown in small part today in this episode.
Mah!
Jul 2, 2014 10:31 AM

Jul 2013
Kannazuki is pretty badass! I always thought he was useless.
Jul 8, 2014 3:55 PM

Aug 2009
happy ending i guess

lol dat trap hole

ellen and those ppl will be back... im sure
Jul 16, 2014 3:05 AM
May 2012
Fuck yeah Shido!!!!!! That kiss :3 You lucky bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kannazuki is pretty badass :O Oh shit at the end.
Jul 16, 2014 8:29 AM

Oct 2012
Well, this episode was kinda weak. It felt like bad mecha genre action in its first half and I didn't like whole resolution with sisters in second. Last season this series had its strong points not in action but in those dates and in funny parodies of genre. But now they are trying to take exactly opposite direction and it really doesn't help as this slowly turns in standard cliche.

I also found Shidou's change kinda cheap. Now, he really is a Spirit (Tohka being princess I bet he is a prince). I bet he also killed Origami's parents and it was him that was recorded as unknown spirit in that video. Such bad story really hurts.
Jul 29, 2014 1:25 PM

Dec 2013
Nice to see Kannazuki commanding.
Calm down Shidou, stop yelling pls it's annoying
What's this bullcrap? A sword appears in his hand? lel
I like the twins. Too bad they're supporting so probably appear only in this arc.
I guess Kurumi returns in the next arc.
Sep 1, 2014 1:42 AM

Jul 2013
I now conclude that Shidou is freaking lame ass MC. All that yelling at the twins.. damn lame lame lame lame lame.
Oct 31, 2014 6:43 PM

May 2012
Pretty interesting development and quite decent resolve for this arc, so let's see what happens next!
Nov 16, 2014 12:54 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Great stuff by Kannazuki. Kotori seems to have confidence in him if she's absent from her command post. She didn't seem concerned that Kannazuki and the crew were under attack.

Yamai twins saved by Shido. Their reaction to being naked after the kiss was hilarious.

At the end of the credits it shows Kotori with some guy. She says she'll kill Shido if things get very bad.

Nov 18, 2014 8:23 AM

Sep 2014
Kannazuki was nice character from the beginning (although only showed his fun side before) and this time he is cool again.

Didn't expect Shido to use the sword but it sure was amazing. And then when they swing it together with Tohka, cool.

The epilogue part with Kotori saying she would kill her brother if it got bad was scary, huhu. Didn't expect that coming from this brocon cutie. It kinda isn't really brought up again so whatever.
Jan 2, 2015 7:55 AM

May 2013
Kannazuki is badass. That is all.

So we have Ellen vs Tohka. Tohka lost quickly probably because her powers are sealed within Shidou.
That explains Shidou getting Sandalphon from Tohka.
I wonder if it works with the other Spirits Shidou sealed.

Shidou gives Kaguya and Yuzuru three choices. In return, he gets two kisses.
That seals the twins and makes them naked.
Good job, Shidou! (^_^)

Meanwhile, Kotori is willing to kill her brother. Dun dun dun.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 24, 2015 11:58 PM
Nov 2014
I'm really loving this Second Season of Date a Live. These twins are just awesome!!!
Also the end of this episode lmao ^^
Feb 22, 2015 5:00 PM

Jan 2011
One of the shittiest episodes I've seen in my life. If it wasn't for Kurumi, I would have already dropped this crap like a rock. I don't know why they are trying to pull out a "serious" show, when the funnier and parody-like stories in the first season worked so well. As someone already said, it felt like a low budget mecha anime at times.

I hope Kurumi shows up soon, because that was painful to watch.
Mar 5, 2015 9:06 PM

Aug 2013
Kannazuki's masochistic side was more evident in the LN.
The way Hidou shouted and that Sandalphon bat was pretty weak in the anime version.
Oh well.. the Yamai sisters was cute and adorable enough.
May 15, 2015 12:02 PM
Nov 2014
Felt very rushed... but still quite an okay episode. What the hell happened at the end though, it's still a good sequel so far but pacing wise too fast.
VirginAmirulMar 27, 2020 1:24 PM
Jun 10, 2015 7:52 PM
Feb 2015
Some decent action in this episode. Shido got tohka' sword thing some how. He manifested an angel???

Well the twins are at good terms now and they are added to his harem :3
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Sep 15, 2015 1:02 PM

Mar 2015
I guess it was inevitable but Shido finally has a bankai now.
Nov 11, 2015 12:44 PM

Oct 2010
Kannazuki was being badass this episode. So that is why he had that position. I knew he was good for something but he positively surprised me there. But still too much of a pervert.

Shidou actually showed some balls. I don't mean that plot armor event but the part when he was yelling at the sisters. He chose some good words there.

What the hell was Kotori doing when they called her? Time off? -_-'

Better episode then the previous ones.
May 30, 2016 12:55 PM

Nov 2011
Really enjoyed this ep, really liked the twins reconciliation.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 7, 2016 2:01 PM
Jun 2016
Does someone know what Shido means with: "Who is the one that split the wind you're so proud of?" around 15 minutes in the episode. I can't recall this event.
For some reason it is really bugging me. If you know it pls PM me.
Jul 5, 2016 2:38 PM

Jan 2016
What a epic episode!!LOVE it!,Felt it getting a little rushed though the story here.. But WTF Kannazuki! didnt know u where a satist x'D Best thing i ever seen! Just incredible! And way to go Kaguya,Yuzuru, Dubble kiss! <3
Really Interesting, and whats even more interesting is that Shido Manifested an Angel, Sandalphon! What will happen now?? Will the littlesister have to kill her onii-chan?! xD To the Next Episode!!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 19, 2016 12:04 PM

Apr 2013
Biggest asspull so far in Date a Live: That masochist guy being able to pretend every shot by the enemy...
Aug 28, 2016 5:33 AM

Nov 2013
Every man's dream to have relationships with two hot twins - and Shido has it. Bastard! I envy him almost as much as Koyomi Araragi, Date A Live harem is probably my second fav after Monogatari. Yuzuru and Kaguya yum! <3

Kannazuki turned battlemaster genius - what a cliffchanger, Maybe that's why Kotori puts up with that obsessed pedobear in the first place :3
tsundereharasserAug 28, 2016 5:42 AM
Dec 17, 2016 11:16 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO at Kannazuki in the beginning of the episode.

Ellen reveals her true form.

Ellen beat Tohka? NO!

Don't touch Tohka you bastards! YAMERO!

Shido just summoned Sandalphon? WTF!

Kannazuki is a BOSS!

Yoshino.

LMAO at Ellen falling into the trap.

Ai so fine.

Shido chose both of them like a BOSS!

Raphael: Ell Kanaph!

Kaguya and Yuzuri looked so cute walking behind Shido and Tohka.

Shido got the double kiss!

Shido with the dress break.

Shido's got him a set of twins now. Awesome.

29 minutes of awesome.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 9, 2017 3:42 AM

Dec 2016
Poor Yoshino, finally gets the tv working after the show finished.

Loved every bit of Kannazuki in this episode.

I'm going to enjoy the twins.

Wow that ending.
Oct 29, 2017 9:38 AM

Sep 2017
I really like Yoshino's TV addiction, it's a nice contrast from all the Ecchi humour - not that I don't find that aspect entertaining, but it's good to have at least one character that isn't constantly losing their mind over Shido. A little attention and a few soaps and she's fine
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2014

257 by -DxP- »»
Apr 1, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Apr 25, 2014

139 by Eukaryo »»
Feb 23, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2014

161 by Sylphy-ette »»
Dec 7, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

125 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.