Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 2, 2014 3:53 PM

Jul 2013
Nice air battle
Glad to see the girls make up.
Haaa Ellen got caught in one of the girls' traps again
Twins added to his harem.
Kotori may be forced to kill Shido huh..
May 2, 2014 3:57 PM

Feb 2012
Nice ending, dam dat kiss.
May 2, 2014 4:14 PM
Jul 2018
#DateALive2 i still haven't know the whole story yet but i sense that shido will turn into Spirit of Calamity since he can convey the Spirit powers, and also since he can carry such a thing it might be turned out he couldn't control it anymore.
May 2, 2014 4:36 PM

Mar 2014
Not bad. Definitely felt rushed, but all things considered it wasn't too bad.
Still feeling the animation and art is different from the first season. I wonder why that is. AFAIK the same studios are doing DAL 2...

Ellen started getting on my nerves, mostly because they haven't revealed DEM's specific motives to us yet(and as I have not read the LNs, I have no clue why they want Spirits or why they want to kill them all). Mostly felt like she was just fighting Tohka and Shido with no reason at all other than to screw with them. It's pretty obvious later on that there is some sort of plan behind it, though.

Wonder why they might have to kill Shido because he's already started manifesting angels like Sandalphon. Future plot point alert.

Looking forward to the next arc, with Miku and Inverted Tohka. Do want.
May 2, 2014 5:18 PM

Mar 2014
Finally it got a little decent, I was getting sick with all the slow start and fillers and all.

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
Hardwork betrays none, but dreams betray many.
May 2, 2014 5:28 PM

Oct 2010
Best episode yet! The fight scenes between the two ships was well animated along with Tohka and Shido vs. Ellen and her mechs. Shido was badass when he manifested Sandalphon. Poor Ellen having fallen for another one of the trio's traps. The reconciliation between the twins was heartwarming, and dat double kiss. Dat post-credits. Too bad Kotori is given such a difficult task. Can't wait for the next arc.

Overall ep gets 9/10.
May 2, 2014 5:42 PM

Aug 2012
Badass Kannazuki screentime is genius.

The playout of the twins' fight went somewhat as expected, but it was nice to see Shido step up and take charge, proving he does in fact have a pair.
May 2, 2014 6:24 PM
Jul 2013
Is it just me or was yoshino not at the apartment anymore? Someone please answer me
May 2, 2014 6:37 PM

Apr 2013
Jshinpuru said:
Is it just me or was yoshino not at the apartment anymore? Someone please answer me

She was still watching the Tv.

Twins were the stars of the episode XD
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
May 2, 2014 6:43 PM

Jul 2010
It has become a Yamato-wannabe all of a sudden.
Aside that, good, more bitches for Shido. Should I be stunned at Shido's power-up? Well I'm not.
May 2, 2014 6:46 PM
Mar 2014
this episode was sort of boring.... yoshino barely even shows up this season.... and where is miku and kurumi
May 2, 2014 7:02 PM

Dec 2013
Kannazuki, must be one brilliant tactician, but still just as entertaining. Some of the best lines/scenes this episode were him fighting off the enemy ship.

Finally seeing Shido step up and grow a pair...err sword, grow a sword. Well, it would have been awesome had we not all seen it coming from the end of last season.

Kaguya and Yuzuru were as great as usual, loved their combined attack. The double kiss was classic, and an easy solve to get them sealed quickly without having to make another episode for a "date".

Looked like Yoshino was in the glass containment thing from the end of last season, I hope I'm wrong about that.

So, Shido summoning Sandalphon scares the higher ups. Must suck to have such tiny little... ...that you have to be jealous of a kid. LOL

Tohka is still best girl, but not enough Origami screen time this episode.

All in all, this one gets 8/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
May 2, 2014 7:53 PM
Apr 2014
This episode was bullshit.
May 2, 2014 8:49 PM

May 2013
The scene between the twins is heartwarming in this episode.

Anyways, I didn't expect that Shido will be a baddass in this episode. Kannazuki is surprising in this episode too. But yeah, Tohka's voice seemed changed in this season.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 2, 2014 9:08 PM

Dec 2013
that three way kiss was hilarious
May 2, 2014 9:28 PM

May 2013
Spirit conquered. On to the next spirit then.
May 2, 2014 10:17 PM
Nov 2013
Why did Tohka's outfit change when she changed to spirit form? I'm pretty sure it never looked like that.

Good conclusion o the twins arc, even of it was rushed. More harem <3
May 2, 2014 10:27 PM
Feb 2013
rev0lt said:
Why did Tohka's outfit change when she changed to spirit form? I'm pretty sure it never looked like that.

Good conclusion o the twins arc, even of it was rushed. More harem <3

Her full power outfit stays the same, but when she is only manifesting partial power like when she was fighting Ellen, her clothes sort of merge....last time she did it, her dress was merged with her school uniform.
May 2, 2014 10:49 PM

Sep 2013
I guess the only way to beat Ellen would be to set up some Pitfall Traps. ;D
May 2, 2014 10:50 PM

Oct 2013
not much progression.
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 2, 2014 10:54 PM
Mar 2013
Well holy battleship. Shido got his own sword. That was unexpectedly badass, and I really enjoyed that part. And I have to say Shido did sound pretty cool when he said "I hate having two choices, I'm used to having three!"
May 3, 2014 12:03 AM

Mar 2014
Awesome episode. Shido has a really good voice actor.
Zanos1May 3, 2014 12:07 AM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 3, 2014 12:30 AM

Feb 2012
Mediocre episode.. but enjoyed that 3 way kiss! LOL! More ladies to his harem!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 3, 2014 4:26 AM

Dec 2011
So Kannazuki is actually a really good strategist and knows how to use the ship to its fullest... the world is a strange place lol.

Shido now can use Tohka's sword Sandalphon, now that's really great since he can stop being useless.

It's really great that Kaguya and Yuzuru stopped fighting and decided to continue living as two separate beings.

Poor but lucky Shido, he got kissed by two beautiful girls that ended up with their clothes going poof and Tohka appearing at the wrong time.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 3, 2014 7:04 AM

Oct 2011
So glad they are two separate spirits. Whoa he wield Sandaphon OMG. What is Shidou??? He's gonna be killed OMG!!!

Ah a singing Spirit YAY!!!
May 3, 2014 8:35 AM

May 2010
I am starting to pity the awesome maji hikuu wa girl, she says than ever in her sleep, poor girl...

Well, the episode itself was interesting but the same can't be said for the art...

I saw that cliche "Both of you..." coming long way but the way it was done, was nice.

Tbh even if Yuzuru is more of my type, I see Kaguya as the more interesting one. Yuzuru just agrees whatever he sister says, Kaguya has more depth imo.
May 3, 2014 9:15 AM

Jun 2010
I don't even know why I'm still watching this shit. Lame.
May 3, 2014 9:29 AM

Dec 2013
That felt like a finale episode...on episode 4.
Honest the episode by itself wasn't bad, there just was no development at all. Not to mention Tohka just becomes a serious character over a sudden when she has been one of the worst duts I've ever seen.
May 3, 2014 11:21 AM
Oct 2012
MasiTronXIII said:
Nice finale to the arc. It's always nice to see the stuff actually animated. I thought overall the volume 5 adaptation was pretty good. It's not one of my favorite volumes, but they did a good job. So props. Finally on to the next one

Nice to know, I really didn't like this arc but did think this episode redeemed it in full. That you are excited about the next arc is makes me want to see what is coming next.

And little sis is awesome as always.
May 3, 2014 11:24 AM

Aug 2013
Shido is getting stronger, this time he was able to help Tohka
the battle between the naves was also very good
two spirits were sealed once
but at the end of Shido's life may be in danger
Date A Live never fails to be good
______

Shido está ficando mais forte, dessa vez ele foi capaz de ajudar Tohka
a batalha entre as naves também foi muito boa
dois espiritos foram selados de uma vez
mas no final a vida de Shido pode estar em perigo
Date A Live nunca deixa de ser bom
May 3, 2014 1:06 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, what is Shido in reality? He doesn't seem to have any family memory and he can use the angel power. But I don't think Kotori would kill him, she's not that heartless. Tsundere are always dishonest :P

So everything end in boobs and lewd situation xD
I didn't expected Yoshinon to be in the warship. I'm glad to see that Kannazuki have another utility other than being the masochist of the show. That other cpatain was a dumbass.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 3, 2014 4:18 PM

Nov 2013
Naasty action packed episode.
May 3, 2014 8:58 PM

Aug 2008
Kannazuki is such a masochist.Ellen get own by the three girls again. LOL!

Where is my KURUMI!!??
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 4, 2014 6:17 AM

Apr 2013
I really like it. Really. I'm in love with those sisters.
May 4, 2014 8:44 AM
Jun 2013
Look like Shiori out-moe "her" harem :D

May 4, 2014 10:00 AM
Aug 2012
oshit plot twist: Shidou pulls a sword out of his ass.

I mean there probably won't be a significance to if he's just going to use it to get people's attention really so I'm gonna bet that we're going to see his sword once more throughout the series.

Very cliched lines from Shidou and cliched bit at the end where the Yamai twins are suddenly naked like wut. They WOULD add a fanservice bit at the end just to ruin the mood and Shidou gets his ass whooped.

I was hoping this "arc" would've lasted an episode more since I felt that they rushed this a lot and gave Shidou a sword just to progress it faster. BUT, it could just be that his apparent sister would have to assassinate his ass which won't happen because he regenerates or something (He got fuckin' sniped in season 1 and regenerated or something).

Overall, 7/10 seems like a fair score because DEM BEWBS DOE
May 4, 2014 10:18 AM
Oct 2012
TheFeilong4 said:
oshit plot twist: Shidou pulls a sword out of his ass.

I mean there probably won't be a significance to if he's just going to use it to get people's attention really so I'm gonna bet that we're going to see his sword once more throughout the series.

I think you need to watch that episode again. It wasn't an ass pull. It had been established from the start that Shidou has some connection with spirits, so that he could use a spirit weapon would follow from, not be at conflict with, the story to date (that is what an ass pull is).

That this was "significant" was confirmed in the discussion between his sister and the head of the organization, they were expecting something like that to eventually happen, and it is a trigger for the next stage of the story.
May 4, 2014 11:01 AM

Mar 2014
well to be honest if Kotori wanted to kill Shido she could. just cause you can regenerate doesn't mean your invincible, all it would take is a fire blast big enough to destroy him in one hit so regeneration would be impossible.

this would be a last resort in case his powers went out of control.
May 4, 2014 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
Great ep. Can't wait to see the new girl on next ep.
And wow, that end with Kotori.
May 4, 2014 8:46 PM

Jun 2012
Yoshino/Yoshinon are quite addicted to their drama. I hope they won't stick to the TV this whole season. Go play outside yoshino, there's exciting stuff happening!
May 4, 2014 9:31 PM
Jul 2013
is ellen really the strongest wizard? she looks weak~~

the beginning was stupid turning this harem anime into a mecha kinda like gundam seed bullshit kinda thing

and stop showing yoshino if its just 3 seconds don't show her in the entire season motherfuckers!!
May 5, 2014 8:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
so

when will Yoshino stop watching tv? :3
May 5, 2014 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
Hmm I think they can do better in delivering the ending
May 5, 2014 11:44 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
What a cute episode
though... from the OP i always imagined the new spirits to be captured and turned evil by the bad people..
and I thought the twins were going to get captured when the big battleship showed up.

Can't wait to see the twins in school! I hope they are at each others throat at the same time as I hope they are buddy buddy!
May 5, 2014 12:00 PM

Mar 2014
kramXD said:

the beginning was stupid turning this harem anime into a mecha kinda like gundam seed bullshit kinda thing

and stop showing yoshino if its just 3 seconds don't show her in the entire season motherfuckers!!

Considering Ellen kicked Tohka's ass and made it look easy when Tohka can take on the other AST, including Origami, with very few problems, I'd say Ellen's pretty powerful. I'm not sure why she was relying on those Bandersnatch mechs, though, aside from numbers/intimidation, since frigging Shido cut a couple of them in half after summoning Sandalphon.
May 5, 2014 7:47 PM

Sep 2010
so it only took them almost half the season to get a good ep.

and then there was the post ED scene, so...
4/5
May 6, 2014 6:32 PM
Jul 2013
FireKiller87 said:
kramXD said:

Considering Ellen kicked Tohka's ass and made it look easy when Tohka can take on the other AST, including Origami, with very few problems, I'd say Ellen's pretty powerful. I'm not sure why she was relying on those Bandersnatch mechs, though, aside from numbers/intimidation, since frigging Shido cut a couple of them in half after summoning Sandalphon.

are you fucking kidding me?
do you really watched the anime?

tohka's spirit abilities are sealed by shido, so she can't fully released her combative abilities, kicked tohka's ass huh? i actually hate tohka but there is no doubt that she is the strongest spirit if Ellen and her group are that interested in her

i'd say tohka can beat ellen into a pulp, and she falls for such a childish trap what a moron
kramXDMay 6, 2014 6:35 PM
May 6, 2014 10:21 PM

Aug 2010
kramXD said:
FireKiller87 said:
kramXD said:

are you fucking kidding me?
do you really watched the anime?

tohka's spirit abilities are sealed by shido, so she can't fully released her combative abilities, kicked tohka's ass huh? i actually hate tohka but there is no doubt that she is the strongest spirit if Ellen and her group are that interested in her

i'd say tohka can beat ellen into a pulp, and she falls for such a childish trap what a moron

We don't know why they are interested in her as of now. Definitely doesn't make her the strongest spirit. Heck there is no such thing as strongest spirit.

But yeah you're right. Ellen wouldn't stand a chance against Tohka at full strength. Ellen wouldn't stand a chance against any of the spirits non sealed from what I can see. The sad thing is that Ellen is most likely the strongest character that isn't a spirit.
May 7, 2014 9:14 PM

Jan 2013
Well that went as good as I expected.
Decent episode.
May 8, 2014 11:17 AM

Dec 2011
The end that everybody wants!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2014

257 by -DxP- »»
Apr 1, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Apr 25, 2014

139 by Eukaryo »»
Feb 23, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2014

161 by Sylphy-ette »»
Dec 7, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

125 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.