Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 3, 2014 1:04 PM

Oct 2009
So I am guessing it was Iona who beat Hitoe, looks like she's more evil than Aki-Lucky~

Aki-Lucky is so hateful that I like her o_o.
May 3, 2014 7:27 PM

Nov 2012
Damn getting the opposite of what you wished for.. that's mean!

So if I wish for death, and I loose. That means I can't die! Hurray! Maybe...

When Ruuko got physical I knew shit hit the fan (sorry for language), I couldn't image Ruuko being more physical than that.

Now that I think about it, Ruuko actually kind of caused Hitoe to become like this since she one once against her. Hitoe's first lost was with Akira, who else am I missing?
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
May 3, 2014 7:59 PM

Sep 2013
Good lord, I don't know if you guys are trolling or not but you aren't serious are you?

Only deep/heartfelt inner wishes are granted, I don't think you can change your wish once your LRIG appears and you are selected you can't just become a Selector because you want to (atleast so far).
It was stated there would be punishments or something if you lose on purpose.

And people don't get how brutal living forever or not dying is, millions/billions of years will pass considering this is magic you will live this long humans will die and you're alone on earth or in space forever.
May 3, 2014 10:14 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
This is what I was expecting.
I am so happy that this got dark, and we have another season.
YESH YES YE

I honestly wanna see Tama just wipe the floor of Aki-Luckys LRIG
PUT THAT GIRL IN HER PLACE. RUUKO SHOULD HAVE JUST PUNCHED AKI-LUCKY IN THE FACE. yes. and she should wear short shorts more often too.

Would the twins wish cause her brother to hate her.... OR LET'S GET DARKER,
twin brother dies.

Hitome seems to have the possibility of regaining memories, and possibly getting her LRIG back? Who knows... I really hope Ruuko's wish isn't to like.. stop the game and such.

Oh, a Ruuko losing it and going insane episode is welcome.
May 3, 2014 10:48 PM

May 2012
Things got darker in this episode which is good. Aki-Lucky is heartless. I hope Ruuko kills her
May 4, 2014 1:47 AM

Jun 2012
ichii_1 said:
Only deep/heartfelt inner wishes are granted, I don't think you can change your wish once your LRIG appears

You can however start playing without having a wish.
So now that Ruko knows the downsides, she could easily abuse the system.

Aside from that, the only mention about deep inner wishes etc. was from Midoriko, and that was only regarding Hitoe's wish.
It doesn't mean that all of them have to be that way.
May 4, 2014 2:37 AM

Feb 2014
I sorta saw Hitoe losing coming from a mile away, although never being able to make any friends ever again is a bit harsh (even though she still has fragments of her memories?) Surely getting a terrible punishment for losing three times is an assumption the characters would have already come to since they know that winning three times gives them whatever they desire. Still, I think the show is going in the right direction for utter despair. Yuzuki might be on her way to reversing her wish anyway now that Kazuki thinks she's pushing him away.

There are some questions I have though - The scene with Midoriko disappearing shows the cards of other people who have lost. If this is the case, does that mean some selectors have already won? Can there be multiple Eternal Girls? From the first episode, we're told that there are supposed to be way more selectors than just the characters we're shown - it's inconceivable that not even one of them has won three times yet.
In addition, since Ruuko claims that she has no wish, does that mean that nothing will happen if she loses? Maybe instead of having no wish, she'll be cursed to forever want everything, or something.
May 4, 2014 5:05 AM
May 2014
Toradoche said:
In addition, since Ruuko claims that she has no wish, does that mean that nothing will happen if she loses? Maybe instead of having no wish, she'll be cursed to forever want everything, or something.

What she claims is one thing, but is it really true?
Maybe she don't know what her wish is (or she don't see it as a wish for some reason), but the game do.

Btw, the lyrics of the OP asks a question about the wish.
Maybe that is hers, but I can't guess who it is about when considering the limitations.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 4, 2014 5:13 AM

Jun 2011
Wow thats a really harsh punishment for losing 3 times. I thought it was just losing memory as a selector but having it reversed is too much. Poor Hitoe.

Still kinda blame Midoriko though. If you love her so much like you claim and even suggested her to throw you away then why couldnt you tell her why she should throw you away?
May 4, 2014 10:38 AM

Feb 2007
Toradoche said:
There are some questions I have though - The scene with Midoriko disappearing shows the cards of other people who have lost. If this is the case, does that mean some selectors have already won? Can there be multiple Eternal Girls? From the first episode, we're told that there are supposed to be way more selectors than just the characters we're shown - it's inconceivable that not even one of them has won three times yet.

I'm quite sure the number of wins needed has never been stated. In fact, Akira was quite angry a while ago that her LRIG hadn't evolved after her many wins, and was reminded that it depended on the wish.
May 4, 2014 11:31 AM
May 2014
luinthoron said:
I'm quite sure the number of wins needed has never been stated. In fact, Akira was quite angry a while ago that her LRIG hadn't evolved after her many wins, and was reminded that it depended on the wish.

Correct, it has never been said that someone becomes an "Eternal Girl" after so and so many wins, only that after three losses it's game over. I find it unlikely that there will be more than one "winner".

That LRIG said that "Winning alone is not enough to be an Eternal Girl. Every wish has its own specific conditions that need to be be met."
Considering this series is 24 episodes (2x12) it'll probably require more than a few wins.

I wonder if Akira's LRIG ever has evolved, as that would be a change.

I find the whole winning issue a bit strange because it doesn't really fulfill your wish, but instead
"you'll become the person who can make the most outrageous wishes or dreams come true".
konatachan80May 4, 2014 11:43 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 4, 2014 11:36 AM
Dec 2012
I really liked the new Episode.
I soooooo hope that the LRIGs are actually real life souls trapped in the Cards, that would be perfect!! ... I am sadistic < < No but seriously it would make sense of why they don't tell the girls what happens when they lose 3 times. Maybe they get freed when their owner becomes an eternal girl. MAYBE they even are eternal girls and in exchange for someone else to become eternal girl they have to make someone else it.

MAN I WOULD LOVE THIS. I really hope it will turn out like this, else I will forever have the feeling of wasted potential.
May 4, 2014 12:33 PM

Feb 2014
konatachan80 said:

Considering this series is 24 episodes (2x12) it'll probably require more than a few wins.

Wait, this is 24 episodes long? Good, that means they'll have to shake things up even more.

luinthoron said:

How did I forget such an important detail...? It was just last episode too!
Anyway, if this is the case, then presumably the LRIG has to evolve a certain number of times before the wish can be granted. Maybe it's the LRIG itself that grants the wish, then? This probably also means that the creature in Ruuko's dream back in episode 1 was a fully upgraded Tama...
May 4, 2014 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
*sighs* once again it tries too hard to get dark. It was so predictable.
Wixoss, you'll never be Madoka. Never.
May 4, 2014 1:41 PM

Feb 2014
Er, wait a second.
http://i.imgur.com/dcz8RRc.png

So winning three times only applies to Hitoe, then?
May 4, 2014 2:03 PM
May 2014
Toradoche said:
Er, wait a second.
http://i.imgur.com/dcz8RRc.png

So winning three times only applies to Hitoe, then?

Based on what that other LRIG said, yes. Btw, which episode and time was that image? I didn't notice it.
Considering her wish which were miniscule at best, that would probably be best case scenario.
Whether it actually was true, and whether the LRIGs actually knows the real truth is another matter entirely.
It might also depend on which LRIG you have, or how much they can evolve as you mentioned.

The other wishes seems to be on a whole different scale, so requiring just a few wins probably isn't likely.
konatachan80May 4, 2014 2:07 PM
-- Lord fifth
May 4, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2012
Chokko said:
*sighs* once again it tries too hard to get dark. It was so predictable.
Wixoss, you'll never be Madoka. Never.

Yeah, Wixoss is better than Madoka. These Madoka fan boys crowding these threads every week are awful. The two series are hardly alike. Just because both have cute girls and have dark elements doesn't mean you have to strawman to compare them constantly.

Toradoche said:

I'm positive that the cards shown were probably cards of people who have already lost three times.

I don't remember that image at all that you posted regarding winning three times. I do remember that there was a scene with Aki talking to her LRIG and her LRIG mentioning that the amount of wins differs for everyone. Some people don't even need to win to get their wish granted (Hitoe) and for others it can take a lot (like Aki since she was complaining that she had already won x amount of matches and still hasn't had her wish granted yet).
May 4, 2014 2:20 PM

Feb 2014
konatachan80 said:

Based on what that other LRIG said, yes. Btw, which episode and time was that image? I didn't notice it.

Episode 5, around the 10:00 mark. Maybe the motive behind the wish is considered in addition to the scale of the wish, too. Considering how big an asshat Akira is, it could be quite a while before her wish gets granted if that's how it works.
May 4, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2009
Huh, wow ... so not only do you stop being a Selector after losing three times, but your wish also gets REVERSED?! That's a pretty big risk ... all or nothing, as it were. I mean I don't think I'd want to battle if that's what it meant :S Everything was going so well for Hitoe too ... I wanted to see them battle other people too >_< I wonder who it was that beat her ... now she can't ever make friends again? That's horrible D:
Yuzuki and her brother are slowly growing apart ... *sigh* I mean I understand why she wouldn't want to tell him obviously ... urgh D: Akira obviously doesn't care about Hitoe losing ... interesting she saw Iona battling for the first time. I bet she'd be really strong too. Well, it looks like Ruuko and Akira will be battling next episode though! Should be interesting ;O
May 4, 2014 8:20 PM
May 2014
Toradoche said:

Episode 5, around the 10:00 mark. Maybe the motive behind the wish is considered in addition to the scale of the wish, too. Considering how big an asshat Akira is, it could be quite a while before her wish gets granted if that's how it works.

Thanks. Basically the actual win condition is unknown atm.

I hope for a good fight with Akira. I kind of hope that Akira at least corners Ru just so we get to see
whether she has a wish or not.
-- Lord fifth
May 4, 2014 8:25 PM

Apr 2012
To be honest, I thought if you lose three times you will die but a reversed wish is also cruel.
May 4, 2014 9:40 PM

Dec 2006
Wow this just got really interesting!!

I really hope that Ruuko kick Akira's ass, she doesn't have a wish so maybe the idol won't take advantage of her with the bullying ...
May 5, 2014 12:28 AM

Dec 2012
What a dark turn 0u0...I didn't think the penalty for losing 3 times was that bad...
May 5, 2014 6:22 PM

Aug 2013
Aki-Luc- SHUT THE FUCK UP GODDAMNIT. Damn, it's one of those character that the writter look like he's trying to tell you that you must hate her because she's a terrible being.

Anyway, that's an awful downside to those wishes. I feel kinda dumb that I didn't saw it coming, those creepy scene or preview should have hinted me that there was something wrong with those wishes.

Iona basically murdered someone. I mean, she knew that the wishes were reversed when someone lose three times and she defeated her without flinching at all.

It's gonna end badly for Yuzuki. Even if at one point she throw away her card. You can see that her brother is getting farther from her and that his friends are pushing him to be less close to his sister.

I hope that Ruko kick Akira ass. I don't know what her wish is and I don't care. She's just a bitch and that's all I need to know. There is also a lot of hint that Ruko will wish for an apocalypse, like when she said that if everything disappeared, if Yuzuki sorrow would disappear too. I guess it's heading for the sad or bittersweet ending.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 5, 2014 9:01 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting, not as dark as it could have been.
May 6, 2014 2:15 AM

Nov 2013
Tendou-kun said:
To be honest, I thought if you lose three times you will die but a reversed wish is also cruel.

Well if you wish for eternal life, or better health, then you obviously die if you loose 3 times. That's probably what Akira experienced when she was talking about that hospital, seizure thing.
May 6, 2014 4:27 PM

Oct 2010
LOL this anime babies Hitoe and then kicks her to the curb. Brutal. I love it. ざまみろ。

I used to hate Akira for her attitude, but at the very least she has a goal, and uses everything at her disposal to further that goal. On the other hand, Ruuko's jumpyass attitude is really starting to annoy me. Hope Akira beats some sense into Ruuko next time.

And it's about time Hazuki's moved on from Yuzuki. Enough with babying the stubborn sister who just keeps ramming her head against the brick wall instead of opening the door in front of her.

So much reap and sow in this game. Poetic justice for hetare characters is served with a fine appetizer of tears, suffering and misery.
May 7, 2014 10:52 AM

Feb 2007
Joshua1207 said:
Toradoche said:

I'm positive that the cards shown were probably cards of people who have already lost three times.

I don't remember that image at all that you posted regarding winning three times. I do remember that there was a scene with Aki talking to her LRIG and her LRIG mentioning that the amount of wins differs for everyone. Some people don't even need to win to get their wish granted (Hitoe) and for others it can take a lot (like Aki since she was complaining that she had already won x amount of matches and still hasn't had her wish granted yet).

I'm quite sure those cards were just Hitoe's full deck.
May 8, 2014 6:06 AM

Nov 2013
It´s finally starting to get interesting
You all need to watch Nami.

May 8, 2014 7:28 PM

Jun 2011
I'm happy this show is getting much more interesting, but thats just cruel Hitoe was actually my favorite character of the show too. I mean if I were in her shoes and being intentionally unable to make a friend, or else a great deal of pain will be inflicted on you I might as well hang myself or drink a bottle of pills. The LRIGS should have told them the consequences for losing three times that way this tragedy could have been avoided if possible.

May 9, 2014 6:51 AM

Aug 2011
BAD END. Coming Soon.

» Escapism.

May 18, 2014 2:31 AM

Aug 2013
Ohohoho...Akira is in for some serious beatdown. Ahh I hope Ruru makes her squirm.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 21, 2014 5:53 AM

May 2013
I don't understand the low ratings for this so far, this episode has basically put it on Madoka's level now.

xchee said:
Ohohoho...Akira is in for some serious beatdown. Ahh I hope Ruru makes her squirm.

Yup, hoping for an epic duel(?) between them.
May 21, 2014 9:23 AM

Dec 2013
The series title finally makes sense after this episode! The anime is starting to get pretty good.
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
May 27, 2014 4:10 PM

Dec 2012
I think what makes this twist so cruel is that even if their wish is fulfilled, as long as they remain Selectors they're still vulnerable to losing and having that wish corrupted. It was really heartbreaking seeing Hitoe reduced to that state of confusion and terror. I guess this has hit Yuzuki hard as well since I'm willing to bet that her wish being tainted = her hating her brother or vice versa. The story of that girl with a medical condition was awful, Akira really does set me off.

Also this is an extremely long shot but I wonder if Ruko losing 3 times would taint her lack of a wish. For example, losing all desire or something like that.
Jun 11, 2014 3:42 PM

Jan 2013
I knew it.
This whole time I had 2 questions:
- What's the punishment for blasphemy (like Iori said)
- What does really happen when you lose 3 times.

Actually, I was kind of thinking that maybe your wish gets reversed. That or you fall into eternal darkness or become a card. Turns out it was the first one.

That actually means that Ruko has an advantage because she doesn't have a wish. Although she did once mention that she wants her grandmother to live as long as possible. I hope that doesn't count as her wish. Not that she's going to lose sometime soon anyway.

I wonder who the dark guy was and why he came to fight her after she had already fulfilled her wish?

Also, I'm pretty sure you can cheat with your wish by choosing something that's difficult or impossible to reverse. But that would lower your options too.
MasterQuestJun 11, 2014 4:01 PM
Jul 1, 2014 11:55 AM

Oct 2013
finally taking a huge turn into the dark
I thought they were going to say she dies O_O
lol Tama and Ru are going to beat ur aki-lucky ass (well i hope so)
[/quote]
Jul 21, 2014 7:51 AM
May 2012
"There are always consequences"
The LRIGs folks should have told them earlier =_=
Poor Hitoe ;_; Well, they should just be bestfriends with Hitoe :O Problem solved, right??
You lose 3 times and you'll have your wish reversed, huh. Then, wish that you want to be poor, then, make yourself lose on purpose. Like, have a friend beat you. You will lose, so, your wish will be reversed and you will be filthy rich ahahaha.
Ruuko will probably beat Aki-lucky.....and I can't wait to see Aki-lucky's reaction :3
Jul 21, 2014 4:58 PM

Feb 2013
Glad I un-dropped this.

Good episode. Weird way of reversing the wish... but I figured something like that was going to happen. Wish for friends = no friends for you, ever. I wonder who setup this "game"...
Aug 17, 2014 5:03 AM

Aug 2013
Ahh... that wasn't much of a plot twist but still awesome.
They did it well that it's good even if the outcome was obvious.
The same old routine that never gets old.. nothing's free in any world dayo.
Hanayo-san not very sporting there.. Tama-chan has some memory issues I see.
Now the battle begins.. I hope it'll last long and not very one sided.
I must be weird for not hating Akira.. muahaha. XD
Aug 25, 2014 9:10 PM

Sep 2011
Intense stuff.

ahxiian said:
Ahh... that wasn't much of a plot twist but still awesome.

Maybe because it wasn't a plot twist. It was pretty obvious from the beginning of the anime that there was going to be some sort of negative consequences for losing 3 times.
Nov 1, 2014 4:46 PM

Aug 2014
hot dark girl Iona gets the 5 level by saying some fire-Willy wards good if black become
white then its super evil thing in here well i just can't stop watching this and loving it go next
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Nov 15, 2014 10:55 AM

Feb 2013
That plot twist

it is subtle but there

I never expected that Iona was part of the WIXOSS world before the human world.
Nov 20, 2014 2:36 PM

May 2012
Damn that's pretty fucked up! things sure are going to get real now so let's see what's next!
Dec 1, 2014 12:08 PM

Jan 2011
Looks like the real plot is starting, yeeaaah~!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 6, 2014 6:09 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Damn, it didnt expect it to get that dark.
Dec 9, 2014 7:23 AM

Feb 2010
I will freely admit that I avoided watching this show for the longest time because of the Madoka comparisons, but five episodes through season one--and it took about that long to get interesting in the first place--I'm not sure how much the comparison still holds. Both are dark interpretations of a genre, but that's it. Madoka explores some of the potential flaws in a magical girl system--such as power source, giving teenagers the task of saving the world, what they're fighting--while WIXOSS simply uses card games as metaphors to develop its characters (fuck if we ever learn the mechanics). WIXOSS is also much more honest about its mood to a fault, as in you already get the sense to expect something bad to happen (thank you, Hanayo and Midoriko, for clarifying that about Tama. Because I couldn't figure out that something is strange about her).

The pacing on Yuzuki's story is a little fast but still works when it absolutely needs to, while Hitoe is essentially WIXOSS' Mami in that both are solely there to show what happens when shit hits the fan, or more shit hitting the fan in WIXOSS' case. Leading girl Ruko is p much the normal girl, though even beyond the battles it seems Tama is reflective of her somehow. And of course there's Akira, and to give WIXOSS another point in its favor, it seems to have no problem giving us someone completely petty and shallow. That strawberry blonde can peep at my desires any day.

Incidentally, with the Madoka comparisons gone after the superficial similarities, I'd say WIXOSS is the subversion of the deconstruction genre.
Dec 23, 2014 10:45 PM

Sep 2014
WHAM! What an episode! I was like "holy shit that fucking sucks" when it was revealed that your wish would get tainted. Like, reeaaalllyy tainted. LRIGs pull a Kyuubey not telling them the conesquences. Ouch. Poor Hitoe! In this case then Ruuko has the advantage with not having a wish right? Who the fuck made the card game anyways? Can't they just raid his house and beat the shit out of him?

Akira's such a bitch but she's also hilarious. "Let's tinkle together!" "Nopey nopey!"

Also...has Yuzuki seriously never tied her hair before or something? :/
Jan 4, 2015 8:42 AM

Jul 2013
Your wish becoming tainted? Wow, now that's dark and horrifying! Ruuko is so lucky she doesn't have a wish.
Feb 3, 2015 10:42 PM

Nov 2014
That is a big drawback to the game. Poor girl..

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.