Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 2, 2014 5:36 PM

Jan 2014
Our protagonist is a shady guy... this is new
May 2, 2014 5:57 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, all those plot twist... It almost made me confused xD

So Juugo is in fact a thief that work with the same people that stole the liar gem. Didn't saw that coming, why were they anxious that someone had find their treasure first? Juugo just didn't warned them that he knew about the plan?

The talk with his father was interresting too. He kept telling that he was unable to love someone. Is he some kind of sociopath? Because he clearly doesn't seem to have trouble caring for people.

Anyway, Tenshi is still as cute and clever than before :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 2, 2014 6:08 PM

Aug 2012
Whoa.. an anti-hero! He doesn't give the atmosphere that hint this idea prior to this. I don't know if this is a clever plot-twist or what though. Mixed feelings.

Hmm.. Tensai moments. Gotta love how Tensai deducted Juugo's background. And we also got hints of big development between them. yay~
But I can't believe Juugo easily forgave the president.

I honestly don't see on what direction this series is going....and I probably already dropped this if not for the romance tag.
May 2, 2014 7:57 PM

Nov 2007
Six letters. T E N S A I
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 2, 2014 9:24 PM

Jan 2013
I don't understand overreactions about the twist... but anyway, I love how every character is being casual to each other when the business is over.

And you know, this is a noitamina product. Don't expect much (except Tensai mai waifu).
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 2, 2014 11:19 PM

Apr 2012
Pretty good episode. I was a bit confused about the plot twist (haven't really familiarized myself with all the names yet) but I think I get it now......

May 3, 2014 4:34 AM

May 2012
01:44 dat crappy OP

04:59 omaette dare?

06:14 LOOOL

12:22 who R U?

17:28 Kiritsugu!!

7/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 3, 2014 7:14 AM

Oct 2013
Juugo was someone important, huh... I want to know more of Ikkaku Shunjuu though...
May 3, 2014 7:42 AM

Aug 2013
I'm not sure if I understood it properly..
I'll just hope next episode will explain and clarify shit a bit more.
May 3, 2014 8:15 AM
Oct 2012
Rayzer said:
rickylrico said:

Maybe You just don't understand what just happened in this episode, You will understand it if you watch it again from the episode 1 or maybe just wait/watch more episode because it maybe revealed who was Juugo or what was happening in this story.

I did understand it, I just didn't like the presentation
of the sudden revelations and plot-twists that were
brought upon the unfleshed-out characters, and the
cliche interactions and reactions between them.
And then there was the bipolar tone of the episode,
like this guy said:
Dunkjoe said:
And finally, probably the worst part of this episode... I do not get how the producers could squeeze in comedy in serious moments. And worse, those "comedic moments" were not even funny -_-. The tone went serious then light then serious then light then serious etc. in some moments.
May 3, 2014 9:16 AM
Jan 2012
lol Juugo. Now I'm stuck trying to figure out whether I like him or not. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy Tensai's awesomeness :D
May 3, 2014 10:52 AM

Nov 2013
If anything the only thing that's making me watch this series would be Tensai lol It was pretty stupid how juugo easily forgave the president...(where have we not seen something in anime where the MC forgives the guy that betrayed him??). Wasn't really a fan of all those plot twists, one could have been fine but damn that was too much for one episode. Overall it was a "meh" of an episode, don't really care for juugo at all but I'll still watch this for tensai and nanana
To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.
May 4, 2014 5:47 AM

Aug 2013
I dont understand. T_T So much stuffs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2014 8:44 AM

Oct 2009
Woah that was a great episode and pretty dam solid animation :O!

Tensai is awesome!!!! Might be one of the best female leads we've had in a while!
Loving this so far!

I don't get why so many people are confused and don't like this twist?? There were plenty of indications about Juugo's identity in the past episodes, I was expecting something like this from the beginning. Maybe most people are too used to the current state of anime where everything is spoon fed and explained step by step.
May 4, 2014 1:12 PM

Aug 2013
was a good ep with the fight scene being okay and I wasn't expecting a plot twist at all
Yo
May 4, 2014 5:55 PM

Feb 2013
So the secrets are starting to be revealed one by one. Things are starting to piece together.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
May 4, 2014 7:59 PM

May 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:
Welcome Samurai Flamenco!!
That's taking it too far. The plot twists weren't bad, I understood them all but I wished that they revealed this more evenly than all in one episode. Juugo surprised me. I thought he was the sterotypical straightforward MC but he turns out to be different.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
May 4, 2014 10:23 PM

Apr 2012
wow a Super Twist episode :o

May 4, 2014 10:52 PM

Jan 2013
A lot of that didn't make sense. Disappointing Isshin Yuiga wasn't even punished or arrested and he was given a large sum of money.
May 5, 2014 6:01 AM

Jan 2011
Well I didn't expect a big fight scene. It's not like that twist is hard to follow, so I don't know what everyone on here are going on about.
May 5, 2014 1:40 PM

Feb 2014
When I started watching, I thought I'd missed an episode or something... The fight scene seems incongruous with the last three episodes, and while the plot twist is interesting, it seems as though it was rushed a little.
There's such a sharp twist in the tone that it comes off poorly executed rather than shocking - as has been said, it goes from drama to comedy and back and forth to the extent where it doesn't seem like it knows what it wants to be.
On the upside, though, Tensai's still there being cool, so I guess I'll keep watching.
May 5, 2014 11:02 PM
Jul 2010
thedryness said:
wow. i lost so much interest in this show from this episode. all the plot twists felt really half assed to me. the show had a lot more charm when i thought it was just going to be a group of kids running around solving puzzles and avoiding traps to find treasure and ultimately figure out "whodunnit?" on a mysterious technologically advanced island.

we didn't need conspiracies/world domination plots/tanks/masters of disquise/dark background for the mc involving daddy issues with "overbearing anime father #345" who is the head of an order of master thieves.

or at least we didn't need all of that suddenly dropped on episode 4. give me some time to get invested before you try to throw the big twists in.

pretty much my thoughts. juugo being a bit shady was telegraphed, but the rest was pretty stupid. the terrible battle where for some reason he just decided to use pointless, shitty attacks instead of his surefire one? the fact that he tried to kill people and wants to rule the world and they're just like "eh, whatever, heres a million bucks"? the stupid phonecall with his dad.. ugh
May 6, 2014 2:12 AM
May 2014
Really, the twist is not that hard to follow and they already give shit ton of clue, i guess people is right when they said this place is full of retards
May 6, 2014 9:26 AM

Mar 2010
Oh wow. Juugo is a MC who's actually capable of something... And yet not OP. This show just got more interesting
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
May 6, 2014 3:02 PM

Jan 2011
Looks like someone has an interesting dad...
Also Tensai best girl 2014. (◕ᴥ◕し)
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 6, 2014 3:48 PM

Jul 2009
WOW, this show is getting really good O_O That disguise certainly had me fooled ... who would've thought Juugo would team up with Matsuri? Not to mention giving them a FAKE ... would've thought she'd test it out at least XD (Also it's Satellizer from Freezing! Knew her voice sounded familiar ...)
OK, so Yuigo wanting to rule the world WAS pretty cliched and funny ... well, he didn't know the limit on the Cane clearly :P So Juugo used his knowledge (from Nanana) to stall out the battle ... haha XD That was silly :P Then the third guy from the president's group comes along ... ONLY TO BE MET WITH A HUGE ARMY FROM TENSAI LOL WTF XD They do business after all eh ...
OK, so Juugo just got a LOT more interesting. He was working with Matsuri after all ... FROM THE BEGINNING? Also what's with his dad? Seems like he got the Cane, so is he the guy that bought the Cane from Yuigo? After all it seems like he talked about Juugo "succeeding" him (Matsuri leader?) and then brought up him not trusting anyone ... plus he brought up Tensai when forced into that situation eh ;P
Ah, too much new information at once >_< I guess the show's only 11 episodes long ... well, looking forward to the next one :D
May 7, 2014 1:05 AM

Jul 2013
wow, what a twist. was M. Night Shyamalan involved at some point?
I feel like i've missed an episode at some point as they just dropped all that at once, Yes it was hinted at but a couple generic "who are you" comments doesn't mean good foreshadowing.
Looking foward to more puzzles though, those are where the fun is in this show.

May 7, 2014 8:47 AM
Nov 2009
Episodes 3 and 4 definitely raised my interest in this series.

I think some of the people saying "what do you mean you didn't understand the twist?" need to step back a bit and understand that it's not the content of the twist, but the execution of it that is throwing people off. For me, it's the abruptness, lack of setup, and generally not knowing what the main character's motivations are at this point that led to a lot of "wait... what?" moments in this episode. But I'm sure those things will be cleaned up later. I still appreciate the twist for what it is and for mixing things up for the main character.

pandamabuk said:
Really, the twist is not that hard to follow and they already give shit ton of clue, i guess people is right when they said this place is full of retards

The irony of your comment amuses me.

Edit: Oh yeah, I thought of a couple things I forgot to mention. For one, at about 12:55, that staff totally goes through the girl's arm. I was amused.

Also, wasn't that magical gem taken by Tensai in episode 2? If so, how did Juugo have it again this episode? Admittedly I may have missed something along the way.
Killer_TomatoMay 7, 2014 8:58 AM
May 8, 2014 3:53 AM
Aug 2013
If the cane grants wishes, can't he just wish for a billion yen? A hundred million yen is like, one million dollars, the *teapot* should be worth that much.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

He has a cane that "grants any wish". The only way wanting to take over the world with it is stupid is because it's thinking too small.

And of course he's just using the staff to shoot magical blasts. Is that the actual function of the staff and "grants any wish" just what you can supposedly accomplish with unlimited ammo magic blasts?

Oh, I guess that can't be true since they're not even unlimited. Jesus Christ. A cane that can grant any wish could cure all diseases! Erase every evil that afflicts mankind! If he used that up firing energy bolts, and the MC made him do it, the two of them are responsible for 99% of human suffering and death from now until forever. Our lead male characters are now literally Hitler.

This is how I would do it: First wish: Death Star and/or 70,000,000,000 battle droids. Second wish: Cure cancer. Third wish: Cure AIDS... and so on down the list, until the charges run out. You now have terrifying military power and the love of the populace, Machiavelli would be proud (it's only "better to be feared than loved" if you can't be both). When you're surprised by the charges running out, look at how many things are left on the list, and especially the one that your first wish prevented from being cured, and weep for the suffering of mankind.

Okay, if the cane's energy is completely spent, now a million dollars is a reasonable valuing of it.

A conversation with a father that you don't respect/obey, when he's asking about that sort of thing, is for joking around not for seriously admitting how you feel. With that in mind, when he asks "how much do you like her then?" and "you don't hate people, right?", there's only one response you should give.

So, there's the real one, that fake, and it also got taken off him in episode 2? I love Macguffin shell games.

Okay, yeah, I kind of got distracted with the wish thing and spent more time writing the above than watching the episode, this may have dampened my enjoyment of the episode. Still, kinda fun but not too enthusiastic about it, I mean it was more setting up future stuff than really reaching a climax with the stuff from last episode.
You are not the king of your brain. You are the creepy guy standing next to the king going "a most judicious choice, sire" - Steven Kaas
May 8, 2014 1:43 PM

Apr 2013
What the fuck? I wasn't expecting such a tonal shift from this show. To make things worse, this episode's execution felt really convoluted and clumsy. Some of the conclusions seemed like a complete cop-out as well, like Juugo forgiving Isshin so easily. Really lame.
It's a good thing Tensai is Tensai, otherwise I would've dropped this right here and now. Hope this show doesn't fuck up another episode like this.
May 10, 2014 5:49 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode valuable, so full of twists and turns as they did not understand anything until the end. Too happy with this turn do so sudden and unexpected. They are also happy to further mysteries that have been added to the plot. Also good clashes during the narration, who has not sinned in anything.
Excellent designs and animations.
In the next episode, maybe there will be the consecration would like so if you feel it is one of the best this season 2014.
May 17, 2014 10:16 PM

Aug 2013
Weakest episode so far. The first three were fantastic but this one, I felt like I skipped one or two episodes and was written by a different author.

It really doesn't sit well with me when the MC gets blatantly betrayed and someone tries to painfully kill him (I doubt burning, impaling and freezing where just threats) yet he still acts all friendly with the other party afterwards.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 20, 2014 3:00 PM

Dec 2010
Easily the weakest episode of the series so far. I like the idea of Juugo not being an entirely good guy, but the plot twist wasn't built up enough and felt kind of jarring. Plus, I don't think they explained the twist thoroughly enough. I was really confused by the twist until I looked through here. I don't mind it, in fact it could be quite interesting, I just think the presentation was weak.

My hype for this show has been slightly lowered, but I'm still enjoying it. Plus, Tensai is still awesome!
May 21, 2014 7:26 AM

Jul 2008
Maji hikuu wa.

That was terrible. Tensai was still cool, though (But it is starting to tread a fine line. I love how she is able to see through other people's BS and solve puzzles so easily, but having a character just /know/ everything can get old really fast). Like a lot of other people have said, it felt like there was an episode or two between three and this one. The twist was just annoying instead of exciting and it was hard to follow what was happening. It doesn't really matter though, since this is only going to be an 11 episode series. It was never going to go anywhere in the first place.
Gar_LoganMay 21, 2014 7:29 AM
May 23, 2014 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
LMAO, what a freaking joke!

First of all, what the hell is with that gem? He gave the gem to Tensai, then gave the gem to the thief girl but still has the gem. So it is like he has 2 fake ones? lol!

The talk between him and the guy in glasses is totally bullshit, eventhough what the glasses talk is quite half-ass, it is still more interesting than the non-sense spouting out of our protagonist. Tbh, this is likely one of the worst protagonist I have ever seen, generic design, stupid abilities (good physical loool!) and bullshit ideal. Even when he is talking with his dad, I believe it is made so that he is the one suffers but instead he looks like a total ass.

Whelp, a total waste of potential. It would be even better if he is just a normal guy and just do quest and shit with his club to find the treasures.
May 27, 2014 6:17 PM

Mar 2013
Really nice eps and a plot twist (and we're only in ep 4)

Btw, whats the name of Juugo's father voice actor ? I'm really sure I've heard him in lots of places but I can't say where for sure (and no one added this character to MAL yet)

EDIT.: NVM, found out after a little search in anime-planet, it's Rikiya Koyama http://myanimelist.net/people/113/Rikiya_Koyama

He is Kagetane from Black Bullet, that's why his voice seemed so familiar.
http://myanimelist.net/character/83505/Kagetane_Hiruko
MusikaMay 27, 2014 6:23 PM
May 27, 2014 8:39 PM

Apr 2012
wtf he fucking 4gave the prez

i thought this was a puzzle anime but there was combat n hes from a family of master thieves a tone of plot this ep
May 30, 2014 9:29 AM
Dec 2008
Nice plot twist, but not so well executed. Anyhow , this show has the potential to become better from now on.
Jun 21, 2014 10:17 PM
Feb 2011
Fail!! They should have just shot them both with a tranquilizer and took the staff from them. But if they did it that way it would have been a short episode... I hope that the people who write this crap really don't think people are this stupid...

Also again with the shit ton of pointless talking...
Jun 24, 2014 3:12 AM

Dec 2013
This episode is seriously confusing,I have to rewatch the entire episode to have a better grasp of what the hell is happening.And why is Juugo letting Isshin off so easily?Im utterly confused of the role the characters play in this series,who is the villian and who is the hero?Except for Tensai who had an more define identity of being the detective.
Jun 28, 2014 1:20 AM

Jul 2013
you know one of the things I hate in anime? forgiving MCs.. an eye for an eye, bitch. I'd beat the living daylights out of that president Yuiga if I was him. fuck! I'm so pissed right now.. it's like the whole betraying thing was passed out as a joke. goddammit.

and they added some mysteries in here.. I just hope 11 episodes are enough to explain everything
Jun 30, 2014 1:28 AM

Jul 2013
Nanana can play even without looking, and still wins.

and Mario died spelunking
Jul 2, 2014 11:48 PM
Jul 2013
honestly... this episode gave me so many "wtfs" as in "wtf why is everyone so stupid?"

pres tries to kill you -> after it's over -> talks with him like nothing ever happened dafk
Jul 10, 2014 12:38 PM

Mar 2008
I actually liked this, man why isn't more of the novel translated?! I REALLY want to read it.... seems like I'm always interested in the series that aren't as popular...

regarding what happened this episode - I could follow most of it, however, they didn't really show/explain why Isshin walked around "freely" afterwards (I thought Tensai "captured" him?!). And Juugo didn't seemed to mind when they were sitting next to each other on the bench, lol. Like just earlier in this episode Isshin was about to kill Juugo (or deal serious damage at least)... ô.o
this anime has SO much potential (I really love the plot and the characters are all interesting as well) but the execusion of this episode was just....really bad
Vanessa-Jul 10, 2014 12:41 PM
Jul 25, 2014 10:54 AM

Mar 2008
Uhhhhh... what the hell is going on? The show kinda lost me there, almost completely. Couldn't even keep up with all the names, which is uncharacteristic of me.
I guess I'll just coast along with this then
LumeuuJul 25, 2014 10:58 AM
Jul 25, 2014 11:38 PM

Oct 2013
Had to come to the forums and rewatch the episode to have a better understanding of this episode...i like the plot twist but that could have been handled so much better imo.
Aug 7, 2014 3:07 PM

Jun 2014
I wish that Juugo did punch the president in the face.
Aug 29, 2014 4:05 AM

Jan 2012
this EP felt really off for some reason..

felt like they condensed 6 EPs into 1
Sep 17, 2014 2:11 PM

Jun 2013
Another solid episode! :)
Dec 18, 2014 6:49 AM

Aug 2013
Owhh.. Juugo has quite the backstory there.
But no reason to hold back that punch boy... man up a bit.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Season 2

CareBear69 - Jun 20, 2014

24 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 21, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

235 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

97 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

65 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:45 PM

Poll: » Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

79 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.