Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 1, 2014 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That disguise almost fooled me for a sec.

The episode was okay I guess. There were some fight scenes which was kinda neat but I was more interested in how they would deal with Isshin Yuiga. Eh, it was nice to see Tensai having a little trust I guess. I still don't trust Juugo at all though.
Stark700May 1, 2014 11:06 AM
May 1, 2014 11:03 AM

Jul 2013
I wasn't expecting a fight a scene like that. That whole entire fight between Juugo and Isshin along with that speech felt like one of Touma's shenanigans.

So was that suppose to be a plot twist or something? Didn't really feel like it. So does Juugo and his dad have a criminal background or something and already knew about nanana's treasure? Didn't really follow all the revealing at the last couple of minutes from Tensai and the phone call.
May 1, 2014 11:26 AM
Dec 2013
Literaally the most surprising episode , so many twists , and new information brought to the viewer

I am excited to see how Juugo , Nana , etc turns out
May 1, 2014 11:27 AM

Oct 2013
So Juugo was originally part of this organization. I wouldn't say I felt this would happen, but it seemed possible. Apparently he's trying to change that though. It was a good episode more or less. A little sad that the lovey dovey moments weren't entirely true from the last episode.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
May 1, 2014 11:29 AM

Aug 2012
Ehhh... I'm not a fan of these plot twists. There's too much going on and not enough time for me to get interested, then all of a sudden a fight happens. Then something about Jugo gets revealed, but it doesn't get into much detail at all.

Dropped.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
May 1, 2014 11:35 AM

Aug 2010
Okay, now that was totally unexpected.

Juugo is actually not ur usual MC and actually quite the baddy :O Everything was planned right from the start??? And he actually planned everything out with the Matsuri guys? And he even gave the fake eye so easily. Seems like he's used to it lol

His conversation with his dad (Koyama as usual XD) was pretty interesting in terms of character depth. And was Tensai listening when he was talking about her? I hope she was :3

Seems like his dad is Ikkaku? He seems to have some huge ass authority so I'm guessing that's him? But maybe he's someone else.

Just loving Tensai more and more <3 The way she figured out that was a disguise then how she figured out Juugo's true identity by hacking into his phone. She's so awesome! And now she's gonna live near him :D
Dat acting at the start was so cute >.< Her eyes were kawaii <3 Then "Chink" a gun to the chin XD

Didn't expect all that action. That was quite the awesome animation there. The ninja fight was nice. And the magic moves weren't bad.

Seems like Isshin is just a naive dreamer wanting to rule the world XD Juugo sure Touma'd him there XD Even though he seemed to be preaching himself as well hehe ^^; Well he didn't get falcon punched at the end so it's not complete XD

And after all this they're just gonna act like this whole thing never happened and go to the club normally XD

Nanana still acting neutral and trusting Juugo. I'm sure if anyone will change him it'll be her ^^

Oh and lol'd so much at the http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg491/bdbz10/Untitled_zps8c879373.png Saitama is that u??
Barion-ZaraMay 1, 2014 11:43 AM
May 1, 2014 11:51 AM

Jul 2010
Interesting.Definitely feels better to have MC who isn't some random coward who magically gets powers and saves the world.This might not be super original either, but it's better than nothing.
I want to know more now.

Nanana and Tensai are...really cute.
May 1, 2014 11:58 AM

May 2013
Juugo should have punched that guy. It is interesting to find out about Juugo and his dad.
May 1, 2014 11:58 AM

Apr 2010
So Yuugo turned out to have a dark side and a big secret.
The question is what will this mean for the future and will we see more of these tricks in upcoming episodes since it was pretty interesting.
It also seems that Yuugo x Tensai is a possibility however Yuugo still needs to learn allot before that point is reached.
Hopefully it wont take him to long to realise.
May 1, 2014 12:05 PM
Jan 2011
Whoa, this anime's mystery is much deeper than I though, now, as for those two, I can't say if thery're the good guys or the bad. But one thing is sure, the ninja girl is Nanana's former room mate.

Jul 2008
So what? He was part of a Phantom Thief group called Matsuri? Cool.xD

Dec 2013
strange plot twist, feel sorry for nanana seeing as she's probably the most innocent person in the atm
May 1, 2014 12:06 PM

Sep 2013
The pres might have lost the cane, but at least he got 100mil yen oit of it :P

I wasn't expecting him to be part of the crime group or that his dad was so important.
May 1, 2014 12:07 PM

Mar 2014
Wait what? This was totally not the direction I was expecting this show to take.

Not sure how I feel about these plot twists, I thought Juugo was a pretty nice and straightforward MC but now I don't really get him. Maybe the show will focus on what he and his dad were talking about on the phone, that should be interesting

Tensai is still great
May 1, 2014 12:15 PM

Oct 2012
Interesting, Yuugo has a dark side with family involved, good episode.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
May 1, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2013
Tensai is in another level of awesome.
Spin-off anime when ?
May 1, 2014 12:54 PM

Nov 2012
Lmao wtf is going on? That chick in the green dress is crazy, and Jugo is a criminal?!
May 1, 2014 12:56 PM

Sep 2010
Woah totally wasn't expecting that. I thought that was a pretty good plot twist. Didn't really expect much depth to Juugo's character but surprise surprise. I love Nanana and Juugo's interaction. Did anyone else notice his expression soften when he looked up to the room or am I just delusional? Haha
Spring 2014: NANANA WINS ALL.
Check out my blog :) http://castlebell.blogspot.com/
May 1, 2014 1:34 PM

May 2013
what is jugo exactly?
May 1, 2014 1:35 PM

Jul 2012
Fucking horrible.

Seriously. I hate it when shows fool you like that.
Why the tone shift? Why all so serious now? What the fuck actually just happened?

Man this totally ruined the show for me.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
May 1, 2014 1:41 PM

May 2007
Episode 04, let's just say this it was a little weird at first because you sort of don't expect the main guy to be sort a "villain" or have ideas that there is no point for dreams. However, that's all cleared up towards the end when you find out
, it's a damn shame I have to wait until next week for episode 5.
May 1, 2014 1:41 PM

Apr 2013
So many revelations this episode, I was really confused at the beggining. It's like I wasn't watching the same anime anymore. But I like where this is going.

Barion-Zara said:
Oh and lol'd so much at the http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg491/bdbz10/Untitled_zps8c879373.png Saitama is that u??

So I wasn't the only one to see Saitama!
JoksPacifist said:
Tensai is in another level of awesome.
Spin-off anime when ?

I think there's a LN spin-off with Tensai as the MC. So maybe....
AversaMay 2, 2014 7:14 AM
May 1, 2014 1:55 PM

Mar 2011
well... that was an interesting turn of events. where was Daruku during all of this though?
May 1, 2014 2:05 PM

Jul 2013
Haha, not bad. So Juugo is a criminal after all.
But damn Tensai, too good.
She is awesome.
The plot twists were interesting this ep.
May 1, 2014 2:24 PM

Nov 2009
Sooo am I the only one shipping Juugo/Tensai over Juugo/Nanana?

Tensai <3!!!
May 1, 2014 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
Riptos said:
Sooo am I the only one shipping Juugo/Tensai over Juugo/Nanana?

Tensai <3!!!

No I ship them as well. And it may just be me but I've seen many people talk about this ship over the latter.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

May 1, 2014 2:58 PM

Jan 2008
May 1, 2014 3:19 PM

Dec 2012
What a twist of plot. Didn't see that coming at all. Gonna keep watching to see how this turns out. For better or for worse we will see
May 1, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2011
Regardless of Juugo's actual identity, i believe he will solve the case of Nanana's murder.

And Tensai was best as always. She has everything you might do figured out before you know it yourself.
May 1, 2014 3:36 PM
Dec 2012
LOve how they made it seem as if Juugo was a typical straightforward and honest MC, and than BOOM! He's actually the badass.

That talk between him and the pres... It's usually the other way around. The MC talks about how dreams can be made possible and the other guy tries to crush those dream, so I thought it was interesting to see that this time that wasn't the case.

Almost dropped this one!
May 1, 2014 3:39 PM

Jan 2012
I'll describe this episode in 1 word : CLUMSY.
They're really clumsy at all this! They can't even handle their own plot twists, they don't prepare the field for it, nothing!
This episode was hard to follow, and I do have the impression that some things just don't stick at all and some stuff doesn't seem logic. Also they just introduce new characters, and everyone was part of something all along, but they don't introduce how important that something was or is so we don't have a clue of what it is.
They're trying to make a lot of reveals and make the show interesting, but they handled all this so bad...
Horribly makes me wanna drop, but I'll continue I think just because I love the main chara's seiyuu I guess. Almost all the characters are annoying, and their character development is utter... *sigh*... utter shit.
May 1, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2010
The president wants world conquest, I thought of Zvezda for a second there :)
Juugo was like Touma but just without the all powerful right hand.
The fighting scenes were great. I thought that Juugo was just an athletic normal person but he turns out to be much more. Some sort of thief organization.
Tensai was awesome, she really is smart and takes notice to details!
A lot sure happened... good episodes anyways.
Nanana (Gintama OP) Sorry can't stop but writing down things that pop into my mind. was great too at the end with her trust on him and her smile!
May 1, 2014 4:29 PM

Nov 2013
i can't make sense of all the twists and i'm losing track of all the characters. Who/what is matsuri, ikkakku, who is working for each of them, who is juugo, what is tensai doing...?
May 1, 2014 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
Tensai find out Juugo's identity by hacking his phone.

Juugo should have punch Isshin.
May 1, 2014 5:05 PM

Mar 2012
Why does "Yuki"hime looks like "Yuki"no Yukinoshita from OreGairu? Is that just a coincidence, right? Even their names match.

Mario + SNES + Tekken

This is becoming even better! I think this anime still has a lot of potential left.
b1GZZMay 1, 2014 5:23 PM
May 1, 2014 5:22 PM

Dec 2011
Didn't like how they ended Yuiga just like that, I wanted something with more justice. Also, Juugo has a dark past? Damn.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2014 6:12 PM

Jul 2010
xxdeathx said:
i can't make sense of all the twists and i'm losing track of all the characters. Who/what is matsuri, ikkakku, who is working for each of them, who is juugo, what is tensai doing...?

Huh? Matsuri is name of thiefs organization Juugo used to work for before his Dad (chief of the organization) exiled him to island where Nanana lives, it probably happened because Juugo refused to success his father and left organization.Juugo used Yukihime and the other guy (who both work for Matsuri) to get one of Nanana's collection (cane).He tricked them by giving fake Light-up Lie Detector as reward for their help, which means Matsuri is looking for Nanana's collection too.I think Juugo's father planned everything.
Ikkaku is current head of Great 7, person who Yuiga had deal with.For now we don't know more about him.
Tensai...is being Tensai.She moved in next to Juugo and Nanana because she thinks of Juugo as her rival now.In her eyes he's probably still a thief who's working for Matsuri.
May 1, 2014 7:00 PM

Apr 2013
That was confusing, it took me a while to understand what was happening. The mc pulled off the getting beating to death until the enemy stops kind of thing which annoys me.I already saw that enough from touma in toaru no index. I also hate how normal he acted with the president after everything he just did.
May 1, 2014 7:06 PM

Oct 2013
I'm surprised at how many people didn't follow this episode; much more so than the plot twist that have been going on lol, oh well. It's nice to see something different from time to time still, which is why I liked this episode so much.

May 1, 2014 7:09 PM

Feb 2014
Well damn, thats a pretty big plot twist. No ones good but no one is evil either. Going to much more interesting now though.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
May 1, 2014 7:38 PM

Dec 2013
So Yuugo ended up being a thief and useless in this episode? x)
May 1, 2014 8:31 PM
Oct 2010
I don't mind twists of this type... but the narration was hideous. And I don't mean the style, used correctly it's very good, but like this it's crap. It had no sense of rhythm, mood or timing, no relevant foreshadows and no build up for the climax... I can probably name other issues, but frankly I don't care anymore.

Sigh. It's almost bad enough to drop. I'll keep watching for a bit, but my expectations have gone dramatically down.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 1, 2014 8:38 PM

Jan 2011
Barion-Zara said:

This sums up my thoughts on this episode(lol really did think it was him for a second)

also Tensai is still the best thing about this show.
May 1, 2014 8:42 PM

Aug 2010
Wait

I'm not sure Juugo and his dad is affiliated with Matsuri. It may be he used them for his own purposes, and his dad actually part of a different group. Juugo says he didn't want Tensai figuring out who he "really is" but I think he means something else since he isn't actually working with Matsuri right now (meaning it would be okay to let her figure out that part) well, maybe.

It also makes sense that if Tensai could figure out he worked with Matsuri, it would be a short connection to figure out who he and his father is, and I have a feeling that will be a different reveal.
May 1, 2014 8:43 PM
Nov 2013
So... Juugo's a thief?! That explains why he does all the bad ass stuff he does..
Also, Tensai is great. Master detective for the win.
I didn't expect all the action at all, I'm very please with this show right now.
May 1, 2014 8:52 PM

May 2013
Juugo did some unexpected things this episode. Made me a little confused there. So he's affiliated with the group Matsuri. His dad sounds and seems suspicious. On the other hand, Tensai is really something. Figuring out the height defect of the fake Juugo. She deserves to be called a master detective all right.
May 1, 2014 9:30 PM

Mar 2014
I think the twist that Juugo has a dark past is so unnecessarily dumb
May 1, 2014 9:33 PM

May 2011
http://i.imgur.com/KfvX5wz.gif
Just marry me already.
May 1, 2014 9:39 PM
Mar 2014
So confused about Juugo right now..

But I think he would protect Tensai with all his strength.

Also Tensai always surprises me with her detective skills.
May 1, 2014 9:47 PM

Dec 2013
wow. i lost so much interest in this show from this episode. all the plot twists felt really half assed to me. the show had a lot more charm when i thought it was just going to be a group of kids running around solving puzzles and avoiding traps to find treasure and ultimately figure out "whodunnit?" on a mysterious technologically advanced island.

we didn't need conspiracies/world domination plots/tanks/masters of disquise/dark background for the mc involving daddy issues with "overbearing anime father #345" who is the head of an order of master thieves.

or at least we didn't need all of that suddenly dropped on episode 4. give me some time to get invested before you try to throw the big twists in.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 2

CareBear69 - Jun 20, 2014

22 by PandahHeart »»
Feb 4, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

235 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

97 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

65 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:45 PM

Poll: » Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

79 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.