Forum Settings
Forums

'Selector Infected WIXOSS' Gets 2nd Season

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
May 1, 2014 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
Kimono_Kitsune said:
Won't bother putting myself through extremely annoying characters and story another season. I have no idea why this thing is selling.

Its not even up on Amazon yet.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
May 1, 2014 7:58 AM

Nov 2008
oh boy not liking the rating so will pass
May 1, 2014 12:03 PM

Feb 2009
this is what i don't understand about anime. There are tons of shows that are popular, well loved that never get a second season, and then there are myriads of mediocre tripe that pile on the seasons.
May 1, 2014 12:17 PM

Nov 2008
Marthgun said:
this is what i don't understand about anime. There are tons of shows that are popular, well loved that never get a second season, and then there are myriads of mediocre tripe that pile on the seasons.

They either didn't sell well, or in some cases if they did sell well weren't expected to get one in the first place either due to the story being finished in one season or was just made to boost manga and LN sales.

May 1, 2014 12:25 PM

Nov 2011
Hoppy said:
Marthgun said:

They either didn't sell well, or in some cases if they did sell well weren't expected to get one in the first place either due to the story being finished in one season or was just made to boost manga and LN sales.

And in the case of this anime, its split-cour. So its probably planned from the beginning. Which makes it no different than any other 2-cour series.

May 1, 2014 4:14 PM

Dec 2012
Oh man, I hope this one goes all the way down the Rabbit Hole in the Second Cour
May 1, 2014 7:40 PM

Jan 2013
Dang it, why? Why did this show even show up.
Even Ozu from Kappa Mikey said there's too many card game anime.
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

May 2, 2014 2:36 AM

May 2012
I'm enjoying this anime. Good to know that there is a second season
May 2, 2014 9:03 AM
Feb 2012
Funny how the comments range from "fuck yeaah" to "meh" to "omg if there's a God he sure hates us". Judging by all the experience I had watching this show, half an episode, I'm inclined to join the last group.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 2, 2014 8:47 PM

Mar 2014
thepath said:
I'm enjoying this anime. Good to know that there is a second season

This.

Trololol at the haters :)
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
May 3, 2014 6:35 PM

Nov 2012
Well if the second season is able to fix some of their flaws from the first season, then I would be fine with watching another season of WIXOSS.
May 5, 2014 6:41 AM

May 2014
WHAAAAAAAAT?! Season 2 already? So fast! I kinda dropped this by episode 4. After hearing this, I might watch it again out of curiousity.
May 9, 2014 6:30 AM
Apr 2014
Good! I'm actually really enjoying the series.
I mean it was really slow (and still is at times) but I started watching it not expecting anything
May 16, 2014 6:19 AM

Jan 2008
Freaking love this show. I was hoping it was longer, cause it's sure dark enough so far.
Good thing it was planned like this from the start. Aki-Lucky.
May 16, 2014 2:24 PM
Jan 2011
violity said:
WHAAAAAAAAT?! Season 2 already? So fast! I kinda dropped this by episode 4. After hearing this, I might watch it again out of curiousity.
don't do it, it's shit. I only hope that jump the shark and become a so bad it's so good like vulvrape
May 16, 2014 3:14 PM

Apr 2011
DmonHiro said:
Freaking love this show. I was hoping it was longer, cause it's sure dark enough so far.

Not sure if obvious troll or seriously bad taste..
May 16, 2014 3:20 PM

Apr 2012
Homm said:
DmonHiro said:
...or just has a different opinion than you.

May 16, 2014 3:29 PM

Jul 2012
Homm said:
DmonHiro said:

I feel the exact same way about your post.

EDIT: You're rating the show at an 8 currently and you think the guy has bad taste for liking the show? What the hell does an 8 mean to you then
May 16, 2014 9:42 PM

Mar 2014
Joshua1207 said:

EDIT: You're rating the show at an 8 currently and you think the guy has bad taste for liking the show? What the hell does an 8 mean to you then

Maybe he is one of those MAL users who rank anime in THAT way:
10-love it
9-liked it
7 or 8-hated it
1-6-never used

May 17, 2014 4:57 AM

Jan 2008
Homm said:

100%, completely dead serious. I love this show.

Edit: What the heck is wrong with you? You like the same things I like, I checked your list.
May 18, 2014 1:51 PM

Jul 2012
tsubasalover said:
It has been listed on the official site of Showgate that Selector Infected WIXOSS will be a split cour. No information on when the second part will air has been revealed yet.

The first season is currently ongoing.

Source: Screenshot of the anime on Showgate

News submitted by rederoin

Not to be a downer or anything but the current Showgate website shows it as only being the one season. So, false news perhaps?
May 19, 2014 8:58 AM

Oct 2012
Not really like the show because of the random dark theme, but that very dark theme draws me to watch it xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2014 3:29 AM
Jun 2012
haven't watched it yet...does it got a great storyline..?
not sure to watch..
sorry if i might have offended someone..
care to give some explanation on D series..?
May 20, 2014 6:50 AM

Jan 2008
Well, in theory, this was supposed to be a show to advertize a new card game.
However, it soon turned into a dark and depressing show about a magical (or cursed) card game that can fulfill a single wish, but you have to shatter the wishes of your opponents to do so. Basically, it's all around suffering for everyone involved. Think Madoka Magica, but with even less hope.
May 20, 2014 10:04 AM
Jun 2012
DmonHiro said:
Well, in theory, this was supposed to be a show to advertize a new card game.
However, it soon turned into a dark and depressing show about a magical (or cursed) card game that can fulfill a single wish, but you have to shatter the wishes of your opponents to do so. Basically, it's all around suffering for everyone involved. Think Madoka Magica, but with even less hope.
thx.....
i think i gonna watch it..
May 22, 2014 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
Yessss i am so glad 2nd season means more content and development meaning better plot line but also s1 for me is going really well at the moment and is probley going to escalate even more being a 17+ rated cannot wait to see what it has install for us yaaay! :D:D:D
May 22, 2014 6:41 PM

Aug 2013
I questioned why this show needed a second season while other shows that I liked more never had any. And then episode 8 happened...
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 22, 2014 10:56 PM

Oct 2010
Well after that development on the 8th episode, I'm officially on board for a second season.

ほら、しっかりすればできるじゃない。
May 23, 2014 8:22 AM

Apr 2011
............. fuck you guys. My exam is in 2 weeks and I wanted to study in peace. Why must you bait my curiosity? I just wanted to spend my little break time in peace.
May 23, 2014 9:31 PM

Jan 2013
xchee said:
I questioned why this show needed a second season while other shows that I liked more never had any. And then episode 8 happened...
HowTragic said:
Well after that development on the 8th episode, I'm officially on board for a second season.

100% agree with you two. Hopefully the rest of the episodes are on par with episode 8.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2014 2:00 AM

May 2014
Given the events of the 8th episode, I'm more than happy to see a second season announced.
I really like the genre and 12 episodes would not have been enough!
May 24, 2014 7:49 PM

Jan 2014
Being this an anime with promoting a card game in mind, I can't understand how this anime doesn't get us involve with the battles and the game itself, and prefers to keep the constant teasing and irresolution with cheap teen drama and poorly executed "confirmatons".
Yes, confirmations, not revelations... Come on ppeople! we could see that thing in ep 8 from miles away...

All this problems keep going because the anime is constantly trying to avoid the game and pretending to be deep to compensate it

Why would this anime, paradoxically, avoid its game? because:
A)The guionist is lazy (almost confirmed)
B)The actual game sucks even if you, hyphothetically, could interact with living cards.
May 25, 2014 12:45 AM

Oct 2013
Great. So another 12 episodes of depressed characters that sort of over dramatize everything? Yeah, might not watch the next season. First one's bad enough.
May 29, 2014 6:33 PM

Nov 2011
Joshua1207 said:
tsubasalover said:
It has been listed on the official site of Showgate that Selector Infected WIXOSS will be a split cour. No information on when the second part will air has been revealed yet.

Not to be a downer or anything but the current Showgate website shows it as only being the one season. So, false news perhaps?

Found this on another site.

http://imgur.com/TVmnJx3

May 29, 2014 7:15 PM

Jul 2012
I hope that is real but I don't know why they would black out funimation's email? Still hoping the second season is real.
May 30, 2014 12:41 PM

Apr 2013
omega_d94 said:
That was pretty fast tbh. But I kind of agree that 12 episodes won't be enough for the show. I expect the 2nd season to be much darker and more elements for the card battles.

Agree with this
Jun 1, 2014 12:20 PM

Mar 2014
rederoin said:
Joshua1207 said:
tsubasalover said:

Found this on another site.

http://imgur.com/TVmnJx3

If this is real, why they blacked-out funimation's email?
I want it to be true, but...dunno.

Jun 1, 2014 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
it isnt a second fucking season.

Why is the concept of a split cour so hard for people to understand?

Edit that email is obviously fake. Funimation doesn't respond to emails like that.
Jun 1, 2014 3:52 PM
Jul 2013
Funimation acquires its rights from Showgate, not J.C. Staff. They have no reason to direct the question to the studio, nor can the latter reveal what hasn't been announced. My guess is that Showgate jumped the gun and was told to change the information.

From September to December, J.C. Staff has Studio Pablo booked out (http://studio-pablo.com/schedule.html), so there's a good chance that more WIXOSS is planned.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.