Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2014 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, that freaking escalated. The fights were okay I guess, not something I would call a masterpiece but whatever. Damn poor Senju...

She won't be around the show with that. Poor girl. RIP.
Apr 29, 2014 7:30 AM

Dec 2012
From the last episode I already expected the girl to die soon, and the start of the episode further confirmed my thoughts. Death flag activated...

I was surprised that Rentaro was suddenly revealed that he has Varanium body parts. Why on earth didn't he utilise them in his first battle, lol. Can't believe the OP boss just died so quickly like that. Was a great fight scene though.

While it was interesting when they focused on Rentaro's mental state as he is forced to shoot the Level 5 Gastrea, I have to say its not entirely in line with his character, he seems so out of character there.

After watching with english subs the political situation still does not seem entirely clear to me, and I'm really hazy on that aspect.
ClawViperApr 30, 2014 8:25 PM
Apr 29, 2014 7:35 AM

Nov 2007
So main guy has a fake arm and leg, and was part of the project that the mask man was involved. Even though he won, it's too late. They need to stop it. Both that girl and that tall man with the mask pair died.

Old little bike = the source of the monster to be active?

Did he lie about the girl partner's body condition?

ED: "Wasurenai Tame ni (忘れない為に)" by Nagi Yanagi
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 29, 2014 7:41 AM

Apr 2014
They cut out so much important plot point, action scenes and emotional points that I can't even recognize it anymore. This is officially the worst LN adaptation ever, I hope the tv group is happy cause I'm not. They even switched to another ending theme so clearly they didn't lack funds, so the only conclusion is that they have no idea what they are doing.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Apr 29, 2014 9:33 AM

Dec 2011
ap1001 said:
This is officially the worst LN adaptation ever.

Mahou Sensou was worse.
"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Apr 29, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2013
Episode was pretty okay, there is absolutely no downtime in this show.

I really like the OST though.
My Candies:
Apr 29, 2014 10:11 AM

Jun 2013
Rentarou was a badass in this episode. Sad that Senju died though :(.
Apr 29, 2014 10:15 AM
Apr 2014
Given it's pretty official that it's 13 episodes (rolls eyes). They should have taken their time...sigh. 22-24 or so episodes would have been more appropriate. Well, for me I'm a real patient person, I already had a sort of scene in my head from reading the light novels and manga, but the anime itself is moving way too fast for it's own good.

From here on out, we are moving onto light novel territory. Pretty excited still, just disappointed... (Still moved me, but the story itself, not all of the scenes cut out.)
RuinsInTheWindApr 29, 2014 10:47 AM
Apr 29, 2014 10:17 AM

Mar 2014
Dammit!
1) the genaral plot is pretty awesome
2) the characters and their adaption to the story is really good! Plus, their expression of feelings is awesome too
3) the OST is awesome

Why was this such a mediocre episode? The plot was far from ok, the Gastrea shooting was HILARIOUS and why the hell is he naming his NORMAL attacks? such a long name for each attack -.-
Apr 29, 2014 10:20 AM
Apr 2014
@ Makamakafonis That'd be the fault of the light novel author himself haha, he makes such convulted names for each attack. If it was moving at the light novel speed, it'd at least be a bit more farther between, but since the anime cut so much he throws them one after another -_- Kategone actually had another attack that the anime chose to omit, they condensed the scene -Endless Scream

There were so many cuts, I'm not even going to bother going over them again this episode... I had quite a workout already from episode 3.
RuinsInTheWindApr 29, 2014 10:48 AM
Apr 29, 2014 10:24 AM

Jun 2013
Well, that escalated quickly. We get to see the main hero turn out to be the freaking terminator, the OP villain suddenly lose his cool and "loses" to him, we get to see the worlds strongest Falcon Punch destroy a level 5 Gastrea, and we get to see the main hero shoot a loli in the face... for a freaking tricycle.
Apr 29, 2014 10:25 AM

May 2013
So Rentarou lied to her about that corrosion exam. Sad that Kayo had to die.
Apr 29, 2014 10:27 AM
Sep 2012
What. Why such a rush ? Please don't destroy such a good show =(
Apr 29, 2014 10:29 AM

Mar 2011
That was some godly OST from Shiro Sagisu.
Apr 29, 2014 10:29 AM

Sep 2013
Stupid anime producers don't realise that rushing through anime isn't going to rush through their sales upwards.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Apr 29, 2014 10:30 AM
Apr 2014
Yuzukko said:
What. Why such a rush ? Please don't destroy such a good show =(

Someone's in a hurry, I curse the world for budget and poor planning >:(
Apr 29, 2014 10:44 AM

Apr 2012
-Damn I thought I was watching a battle shounen. Such cheesy ass dialogue.
-Sad that Rentaro had to finish off Senju
-Looks like Enju's shelf life is dwindling, but Rentaro lied to her. I wonder if they will find a way to reverse the corrosion.
-nice insert song by Nagi once again

Apr 29, 2014 10:50 AM

Jan 2013
okay episode.. i guess
follow me on tumblr @ http://x-hentai.tumblr.com/
Apr 29, 2014 11:01 AM
Apr 2014
Meh I'll comment one more time for this episode. In the light novel, Rentaro was shivering when he noticed the Stage 5 was staring in his direction as he fired the laser...almost as if it wanted to say something. It then sank into the sea.

Rentaro then quietly covers Enju, and goes outside of the railgun to get some fresh air, which tracks were bent due to the sheer force of the shot (it was now unusable).

He then noticed the place was too quiet... and then began to run as fast as he could when he realized. The entire forest Gastrea should have came to his location when the railgun fired, but yet not one had made it's appearance. Stunned, Rentaro stared blankly at the mountain of corpses of Gastrea. Among the dead corpses, he found a broken off shotgun... then he began heaving parts aside, and there ...

They should have just covered that scene in total silence, no music just dead silence. Kayo was a lot stronger than her rank of 1584. She held off an entire forest of stage 1-4 Gastrea by herself. Because Rentaro was her friend, she tried very hard to keep him alive...
RuinsInTheWindApr 29, 2014 11:15 AM
Apr 29, 2014 11:06 AM
Jan 2013
So, it looks like that the real culprits are the higher ups.
Apr 29, 2014 11:11 AM

Dec 2011
Uhh. This is too rushed.

The glorified villain Kagetane's fight vs. Rentaro has been rushed... Rentaro was on the verge of death before using those Gastrea injections. Also, wish they were able to have shown the backstory of Rentaro more in the previous episode than just a glimpse and summarizing his past by Kisara.

Heck, we didn't even see Enju vs. Kohina fighting it out.

The pacing is planned so poorly. >.<

Also, the inside of the box is a kid's bicycle? Facepalm. Hopefully the explanation for that in the future will have a lot of sense.

Really had high hopes for this, now it is ruined by bad pacing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2014 11:11 AM

Aug 2010
I won't compare to the LN/manga because if I do then it'll be a F***n HUGE ASS WALL OF TEXT FULL OF RANTS!! How can someone just skip through all that material and emotional build up in one ep, they friggin finished the fight in less than half the ep >.<!!!!! GODDAMNIT!!!

As an anime only ep...Although it felt friggin rushed and some asspulls (Making his hand a shell O_o? XD)

Friggin loved the animation and OST! So good! Loved the animation of the Cannon! It looked pretty damn amazing! Kagetane's defeat felt too easy here -.- and they made Rentaro seem to OP.
But Dat Hallelujah XDXDXD Poor Kohina :*(
And Damn! Such a touching moment with Kayo. Best loli :*( I loved that girl <3
Telling the person who's gonna kill u in a few seconds "I'll be ur friend" T^T

And WTF?! That case had a kids cycle??? Why does that give me messed up vibes. I feel like the secret to these Gastrea is one screwed up truth >_> So the goal is to rank up now.

But damn!! Why u lie Rentarou!!! 43% corrosion O_O! Poor Enju T_T
Apr 29, 2014 11:12 AM

Mar 2012
Well that escalated quickly . loved the soundtrack in this episode made everything so suspense and exciting.

Kagatane just died? i tought he was the main villian with all of those power, if was not the main villian than who is ?

i hate the fact that poor girl had to die but at least she died with her humanity intact and was great full to Rentaro for recognizing that.

i can't believe that old guy was willing to risk every bodies life and destroy the whole tokyo are for revenge what an idiot.

a tricycle to summon a stage 5 Gastrea this more evidence to my theory that the stage 5 Gastrea are the result of those girls that got infected turn into those things if they let there mutation cycle complete.
Apr 29, 2014 11:13 AM

Jul 2013
Quite liked it, but there's so much going on in one episode.
The old dude is the culprit and he let him live ?
Apr 29, 2014 11:14 AM

May 2009
Poor Shogen, adaptation raped him. He was the one who found and brought Rentaro after he was stabed in last episode.
Apr 29, 2014 11:14 AM
Aug 2011
Ep felt a bit rushed, but my main concern is the corrosion rate in Enju's body. Hoping she gets to be okay somehow, it would be sad for her to die at that age
Apr 29, 2014 11:15 AM

Oct 2010
I'm really liking this series, but even though not having read the manga of this i can tell it is rushed and it makes me a little sad.
Its great now, but i think it could have been even better, what could have been :<

Apr 29, 2014 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
To be honest, I'm completely dissapointed and am most likely going to drop this.
It's just sooooo god damn rushed.

I haven't read the light novel, but the manga. They covered FIVE CHAPTERS (about 180 PAGES) in the first SIX MINUTES (excluding the opening). It's like they are actively trying to avoid any sort of tension..

I just can't comprehend what the studio thought when they chose this approach.
Facepalming isn't enough to describe that level of stupidity.
Apr 29, 2014 11:20 AM

Apr 2010
The fight with Kagetane was so much more epic and intense in the manga, they cut out a lot of stuff here. Too bad, really...
I'm assuming these 4 episodes covered the first volume of the LN, right?
Apr 29, 2014 11:22 AM

Sep 2010
I like that a show isn't dragging on for once but that was a bit too much. All the emotional impact is lost in the rush... It could've been great but it's not.
Spring 2014: NANANA WINS ALL.
Check out my blog :) http://castlebell.blogspot.com/
Apr 29, 2014 11:27 AM

Mar 2014
delulytric said:
Stupid anime producers don't realise that rushing through anime isn't going to rush through their sales upwards.

I couldnt agree more with you mate!!!
Apr 29, 2014 11:29 AM

Feb 2014
What the was the studio thinking, this is way to rushed! It was such great source material too.
Apr 29, 2014 11:34 AM

Dec 2010
A horrible adaption of an already not that good LN.
Cheesy lines everywhere and a MC with stupid morals...

I'd rather just drop it but for the time being I'll continue watching... no idea what I'm expecting though.

But that tricycle.. If what I'm thinking is correct then that is pretty fucking disgusting.
Apr 29, 2014 11:45 AM

Aug 2011
It took 1 episode to turn one of my favourites this season into something sub-par. Disappointing.
Apr 29, 2014 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
All the hype I had before watching Black Bullet transformed into sheer disappointment just like that *POOF* !!

I'm gonna keep watching because I want to know where this will go but I'm not expecting anything anymore. Once this anime ends I'm going to read tha manga and LN again.

F**king Kadokawa...
Apr 29, 2014 11:51 AM
Apr 2014
Wow they rush so much on this ep i never though senju are going to die -_-
Apr 29, 2014 11:52 AM

Aug 2010
Come back again in another 10 years for a remake people -.-

I'll go cry in a corner for now T_T
Apr 29, 2014 11:56 AM

Nov 2013
Judging by the somewhat mass disappointment, Looks Like I'll have to go to the LN from here. I'm not dropping it, but something tells me the original work will be more satisfying looking at the above posts.

The fight went by pretty fast, the Gastrea wasn't really that much of a threat, and some of the dialogue was corny and not in a good way. I'm still enjoying it though, since I haven't experienced the LN first hand.

3/5
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Apr 29, 2014 12:00 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Masked Man dies already? He was like the strongest character thus far until Rentaro showed his true form, then he went Beast Mode.

Poor Senju, she fights an entire forest army of Level 1-4 Gastreas.

Satomi rips off his Varunium arm and uses it as a shell to kill the Lv 5 Gastrea.

I'm wondering just what are those Gastreas and why was there a small bike in the case. Does the whole Gastrea have to do with emotions?1

Enju's Corrosion Rate 24% or or so. Is that bad? Also what's with that computer scene showing Enju's corrosion rate in the 40's just before the ending song plays?

So cute when Enju and Satomi walk together with both holding hands.

Apr 29, 2014 12:05 PM

Mar 2014
Asheroth said:
I haven't read the light novel, but the manga. They covered FIVE CHAPTERS (about 180 PAGES) in the first SIX MINUTES (excluding the opening). It's like they are actively trying to avoid any sort of tension.

I agree, dunno what the studio was thinking but they rush it to much and destroy it by skipping out on major emotional impacts. It would be so much better if they didn't rush so much and gave us story.

That tricycle tho... I wonder what it represent...

I hope the next episode will be better, because this series deserve so much more. It has a great story and had great material to work with.
Apr 29, 2014 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
What madness is this? Nevermind the fact that this episode was rushing through a hell of alot of story.
The main antagonist seemed WAAY too weak. Hiruko Kagetane was to me, the badass villain who just doesn't die. Or something like that. If he's actually dead, i will hate the writers for an eternity.
Apr 29, 2014 12:12 PM
Apr 2013
Aaaaand dropped.

Apr 29, 2014 12:21 PM
Apr 2014
So uh, was I suppose to "feel" anything during this episode. Cause all I FELT was extreme disappointment. Every scene where there should have been tension for example:
- Rentaro might not win against Kagetane
- Rentaro almost dying and Enju crying
- Rentaro using the Gastrea Injection
- Rentaro firing the railgun
- Rentaro with Kayo at the end

Seriously all of these points should have made the audience feel either scared or sad, but that didn't happen ever.

More regarding Rentaro being unsure about the railgun shot, I understand he should be scared and hesitant just in general, but nowhere in the anime has he ever before been depicted as hesitant. The anime paints him as a very confident hero of justice (which is unlike how the manga depicts him, which is very human-like)

tl;dr this adaptation has problems 2/5 I'm going to drop it.
Apr 29, 2014 12:28 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow yeah, that was kind of terrible. Story flow is choppy, and emotional scenes didn't feel emotional because there was 1) no time to 2) bad execution overall. I haven't ever really wanted to read a LN after watching an anime adaptation of it, but this is probably the first time that I actually want to, Or I guess I could just patiently wait for the manga chapters to be translated.

Still, it was sad to see that very last part...Enju :( and also that tricycle. Of all the things to expect, that was not what I had in mind when it came to the content in the case.
Apr 29, 2014 12:32 PM

Jan 2014
Holy fuck that was bad

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Apr 29, 2014 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
Kagetane got defeat so easily.

Rentarou lied to Enju about her corrosion rates.
Apr 29, 2014 12:52 PM

Apr 2014
Just to make sure everyone knows, the actual fight in the LN and the manga took a frigging long time and resulted in Kagetane running away, and he would show up again later on. The anime made it look like an asspull while in the LN and manga they showed that Rentaro was beaten to an inch of his life and would have died if not for the AGV drugs. The anime made Kagetane look lame while in the source and manga he was holding his own quite well. Once again, bad adaptation so please don't blame the source.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Apr 29, 2014 12:57 PM

Jan 2010
This episode should be splitted in two episodes...

Pacing aside, all the scenes in this episode feel... err... bland?
Sorry for my bad English....
Apr 29, 2014 12:57 PM

Jan 2014
Hmm he lied about Enju's corrosion rate... I gotta admit that the fight was over too fast, they could have had more, same with that giant level 5 gastrea which got killed in matter of seconds.
Apr 29, 2014 12:58 PM

Nov 2013
I need something else to do on tuesdays ;(
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

434 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 14, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Best Girl? ( 1 2 3 )

Blind_Guardian - May 17, 2014

105 by proxima16 »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

520 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2014

238 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.