Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 4, 2014 12:00 PM

Jan 2013
Brynhildr is average. On mal 7.5 is average.

This show's rating is perfect.

Mod Edit: Removed quote.
julyanMay 5, 2014 8:25 AM
May 4, 2014 12:12 PM

Apr 2013
I guess I must be watching the right shows then. Even though mahouka is annoying, It hasn't managed to piss me off as much as bryhildr. Yet.
julyanMay 5, 2014 8:27 AM
May 4, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 2013
Cupquake said:
I rate based on enjoyment, so it's still a solid 7/10. I don't think the show is good for the same reasons as most others do since the ending didn't make me feel anything aside from slight annoyance.

I guess I must be watching the right shows then. Even though mahouka is annoying, It hasn't managed to piss me off as much as bryhildr. Yet.

I teared up at the ending. It was the middle part that was retarded.

I don't see your issue with brynhildr man.

Other than it being less violent than Elfen Lied and horrifically censored, its basically the definition of an average action/harem anime.

Did you expect more from it or something?

Mod Edit: Modified quote.
julyanMay 5, 2014 8:28 AM
May 4, 2014 12:21 PM

Apr 2013
SolviteSekai said:
Cupquake said:
I rate based on enjoyment, so it's still a solid 7/10. I don't think the show is good for the same reasons as most others do since the ending didn't make me feel anything aside from slight annoyance.

Other than it being less violent than Elfen Lied and horrifically censored, its basically the definition of an average action/harem anime.

Considering that Elfen lied is my favorite anime/manga, my expectations for bryhildr were pretty fucking high

julyanMay 5, 2014 8:29 AM
May 4, 2014 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
Cupquake said:
SolviteSekai said:
Cupquake said:

Considering that Elfen lied is my favorite anime/manga, my expectations for bryhildr were pretty fucking high

That's on you, Elfen Lied is contrived bullshit. I expected this to also be contrived bullshit.

julyanMay 5, 2014 8:30 AM
May 4, 2014 12:42 PM

Apr 2008
Never saw EL so I started it with no expectations, just because the summary sounded interesting. It still managed to disappoint me because, for a "mature" show, it's surprisingly basic, resolving to such techniques as flashbacks to scenes that happened 5 minutes ago and constantly narrating the protagonist's thoughts lest the viewer somehow misses something. Well judging from the terrible jokes, they don't think their audience is particularly mature. It's a pity because the story is fairly intriguing but it's told in a way that practically ruins it. 7.5 is high rating for this show, I expect it to drop further as it goes on.

By the way there are multiple reasons to continue watching a show one isn't impressed with, not last the hope that it may suddenly get better.
May 4, 2014 12:46 PM

Aug 2013
Cupquake said:

The reason some people watch anime they don't like is because they simply want to finishe what they started. It's really not that hard to watch 13 episodes and it's even easier to open a thread and type one or two paragraphs about why you didn't like a show.

If someone who drops a show says the show is bad the other guy goes 'you didn't even finish the series so you don't know anything'

And if the guy finishes the series the same person will say 'if you hated it so much, why did you even watch it. Just so you could hate on it? Wow get a life'

Basically this makes it so that no one can point out flaws in a series because the fans won't let them. So stfu and let people do what they want.

You have some very good points here. I never considered this when I thought "why do people keep watching a series they despise?".

The purpose of this thread was to understand why people don't like this. That would mean I fully expected criticisms (and this being MAL, almost no one being polite about them - just throwing out abuse to anyone who opposes them. I never insulted anyone in my opening post, and I don't put people down for having different opinions. I just like to understand them better.)

If everyone agreed that it was meant to be higher rated then the rating would be high in first place, therefore nullifying the existence of this thread.

Thank you for your input :)
May 4, 2014 12:51 PM

Aug 2013
Cupquake said:
There's too much plot convince in this show. We need these pills and we keep them in this houses the house burned down for no reason? Ok, let's get more pills

Terrible and clumsy way to progress the plot

Other stuff too, but I'm too lazy to type it all out.

So you thought the house burning down was used a mere plot device? I see.

I do not share this view, but thank you for your opinion.

I'd just like to point out that Kuroneko was boiling water and that's how the house burned down. Then again, I now see your point more clearly - how can a house burn down from water being left to boil too long? I think they might have provided a better reason than that. You have helped me uncover one flaw, though I do not think it very significant, and it will not alter my overall enjoyment/opinion of this show.

julyanMay 5, 2014 8:31 AM
May 4, 2014 12:55 PM

Jan 2013
The real question isn't why this is at 7.5.

The real question is why No Game no Life and Mahouka are at 8.
May 4, 2014 12:56 PM

Oct 2013
SolviteSekai said:

Repeating Anime Fans that's only watched SAO kind of anime

Aug 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
Look most of us outside of Japan dont really have a say in how an anime series is successfully or not. it is the Japanese which really have an effect so the score board is not necessary important. Consider how things are rated here it has even less of an impact

Bottom line it is the sales of the Blu ray/dvd and Manga/LN sales that are real important.

Ok sure this story line has plot-holes but can u honestly say has there ever been one real show without any form of plot hole? As a Manga reader of this series . many of the plot holes are actually gradually explained in the later of the story granted not everything but who are we to be picky at least it tried.

Look everybody has his/her right to say how they feel as each episode airs but try to save the final verdict until u see the whole show.

So far as a manga reader i can safely say that so far these last 5 episodes have been adapted well. with only a few minor changes which are excusable mostly some change in dialect and scene placements but the major storyline and all relevant info and progress has been adapted quite well.

Also on a final note many people including myself like to hold the rating until the last episode airs and trust me if this series continues to progress well as it have been i can safely guarantee that the score board will rise but we just have to wait and see until the final episode airs.

So it's being adapted properly? That's good to know at least. And I've gathered the reason why people do not like this is the plot holes. While I have not uncovered any myself, it's nice to know that they are resolved later on. I agree it is probably too early to make this thread. Perhaps I should have waited until the anime ended and see the final score.

Thank you for your input.

May 2013
SolviteSekai said:

D'accord

Jan 2013
Do people not understand that you can't call a show out for having plot holes when it isn't finished?

Not every story tells you everything right when it happens.

That's pretty fucking common in literature.
May 4, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2013
rasenshiruken973 said:

So you thought the house burning down was used a mere plot device? I see.

I do not share this view, but thank you for your opinion.

I'd just like to point out that Kuroneko was boiling water and that's how the house burned down. Then again, I now see your point more clearly - how can a house burn down from water being left to boil too long? I think they might have provided a better reason than that. You have helped me uncover one flaw, though I do not think it very significant, and it will not alter my overall enjoyment/opinion of this show.

Another one is how blonde hair's voice thingy can express emotion and tone of voice even though it's a simple machine. Mostly just nitpicky stuff, but it adds up.
julyanMay 5, 2014 8:34 AM
May 4, 2014 1:00 PM

Aug 2013
SolviteSekai said:
Do people not understand that you can't call a show out for having plot holes when it isn't finished?

Not every story tells you everything right when it happens.

That's pretty fucking common in literature.

Yes that is what irks me sometimes. Maybe they would drop the show because of these "plot holes" and miss out when they are resolved in the end. In any case, I expect the score to rise quite a bit as the last episode airs.

Thank you for your input.
May 4, 2014 1:07 PM

Jan 2013
I will revise the list of the realistic reasons why this is at 7.5 instead of 8.0.

1.) It is made by Arms, who have no rabid fanboys to over rate their shows.
2.) It features a harem and has a seriously beta protagonist who can't do anything without girls to protect him.
3.) It is related to Elfen Lied but totally different, which could cause people to be undwhelmed.
4.) Extreme censoring.
May 4, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 2008
That list is serious wishful thinking which ignores the actual flaws of the show but have it your way.
May 4, 2014 1:09 PM

Aug 2013
Cupquake said:

Another one is how blonde hair's voice thingy can express emotion and tone of voice even though it's a simple machine. Mostly just nitpicky stuff, but it adds up.

Ah yes that's a little unbelievable how life-like Kana's voice thing works. And actually how it works at all, like she seems to type way too fast than normal to say all that
May 4, 2014 1:09 PM

Jan 2013
grey said:
That list is serious wishful thinking which ignores the actual flaws of the show but have it your way.

Wat, I insulted the show in 3 of the points.

rasenshiruken973 said:
Cupquake said:

Ah yes that's a little unbelievable how life-like Kana's voice thing works. And actually how it works at all, like she seems to type way too fast than normal to say all that

She isn't typing in English. Lol. She has to edit the characters.
May 4, 2014 1:52 PM

May 2010
reasons could be:
unbelieveable characters
terrible male MC
plot holes and conveniences( far too many imo)
cliche as FUCK.
too similar to elfen lead but lacking originality

i stopped making sense of this show after i saw ep5.

this is a 6/10 at best right now and i predict the MAL rating will go down after this is done airing.
May 4, 2014 3:01 PM

Nov 2013
i don't know nor care why this show has such a low rating, i gave it a 10 and it's staying there unless it's really gonna fuck up.
May 4, 2014 4:47 PM

Nov 2012
This show has a low rating cause it sucks. simple as that.
May 4, 2014 10:02 PM

Dec 2012
you can talk all you want about ratings, scores, plot holes, inconsistencies...but in the end, sadly, what matters most to them are popularity, sales and profit...

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
May 4, 2014 10:07 PM

Apr 2012
This show is pretty mediocre. Honestly I'm surprised the rating isn't lower.

May 4, 2014 10:08 PM

Feb 2014
The show is definitely under-rated, this show will likely rise in rating after its finished airing. Maybe finish with a 7.8-7.9 which would be fairly accurate
May 5, 2014 3:04 AM

Nov 2013
May be the girls not cute enough (looks, VA, characters)? -_-
Pretty important thing for many viewers, almost the same as plot xD
Especially if you compare them to girls from Nisekoi/Date A Live.
May 5, 2014 7:00 AM

Aug 2013
sadfacelv said:
May be the girls not cute enough (looks, VA, characters)? -_-
Pretty important thing for many viewers, almost the same as plot xD
Especially if you compare them to girls from Nisekoi/Date A Live.

I think Kuroha is really cute actually :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_tGZijnuqc&app=desktop
May 5, 2014 8:38 AM

Aug 2012
Thread cleaned of spam and abuse.
Please keep the conversation clean and civil.
May 5, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2013
rasenshiruken973 said:

Pretty ordinary from my perspective, standart haircut, expresionless eyes, can't tell much about her personality, is she supposed to be tsundere?; This Kanna girls is the only one interesting atm, I guess because she is mysterious a little, btw the girl from avatar above is cuter and livelier than Kuroha, imho, don't know who she is -_-
May 5, 2014 11:41 AM

Feb 2013
Because not everyone rates a show 10/10 just for having a nice OP, gore, a bland self-insert protagonist and a harem of superpowered teenage girls.
May 5, 2014 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
It's very dark and twisted. A lot of people are not used to anime like that. It really pushes people outside their comfort zone
"Urushibara Ruka, delicate as an orchid, fair as a cherry blossom, the personification of feminine grace and also... a dude. Tall as a willow, slender as a reed, a dude. Radiant in shrine vestments... dude. the sun dips low in a rosy sky, secateurs buzz, Ruka is a dude".

-Okabe Rintarou/ Hououin Kyouma
May 5, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2013
sadfacelv said:
rasenshiruken973 said:

Pretty ordinary from my perspective, standart haircut, expresionless eyes, can't tell much about her personality, is she supposed to be tsundere?; This Kanna girls is the only one interesting atm, I guess because she is mysterious a little, btw the girl from avatar above is cuter and livelier than Kuroha, imho, don't know who she is -_-

She is pretty ordinary but something about her is just cute. It's really hard to explain cause it's not something I can put my finger on. I'm not too keen on Kana really. Her attitude is a bit... hmm. I don't think Kuroha is tsundere at all. Her character has remained pretty consistent so far. Watch the link I put cause that's basically what made me like more lol.

And I like Kazumi as well.
May 5, 2014 12:45 PM
Aug 2011
Clannad4evr said:
It's very dark and twisted. A lot of people are not used to anime like that. It really pushes people outside their comfort zone

You know what pushes me out of my comfort zone and into the zone of I can't believe you just did that?
When they add bouncing sounds to someones big bust in an otherwise ~"dark and twisted"~ show.
May 5, 2014 12:56 PM
Feb 2014
i think it's better to rate an anime after it ends but 7.5 isn't bad.
May 5, 2014 12:59 PM

Apr 2013
parfaited said:
Clannad4evr said:

You know what pushes me out of my comfort zone and into the zone of I can't believe you just did that?
When they add bouncing sounds to someones big bust in an otherwise ~"dark and twisted"~ show.

Also plenty of dark and twisted shows (Higurashi, Mirai Nikki, etc) are rated why higher than average.

It is true that gore and violence will turn viewers off, but it's also clear that this isn't the only, or even a major reason why Bryhildr is rated so poorly.
May 5, 2014 4:04 PM

Feb 2008
I enjoy it so far. Don't let a score dictate a show for you.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
May 5, 2014 4:54 PM

Dec 2012
Clannad4evr said:

If it continues on its current course, Brynhildr may even reach the gut-wrenching heights of darkness and depravity as such adult anime as Gurren Lagann and maybe even Symphogear.
May 5, 2014 10:12 PM
Dec 2010
Clannad4evr said:

At least it was supposed to be very dark and twisted. ARMS did a terrible job in setting the atmosphere right, the guy in charge of music is napping and the rushing of the episodes ruined some of the most dramatic moments of the series. Because of that the series feels like it's in perm comedy mode.

The comedy of Gokukoku no Brynhildr however is pretty good.
May 5, 2014 10:48 PM
Oct 2010
Show is just average so far. Honestly the girl that can't move is kinda annoying because she can't move. She's literally a talking brick and just inconveniences everyone. I suppose that's the point though.
May 6, 2014 3:32 AM

Aug 2013
Machiavellism said:
I enjoy it so far. Don't let a score dictate a show for you.

Oh I never let a score dictate my enjoyment hehe. For example I gave School Days a 10/10, OreImo seaosn 2 specials 10/10, Welcome to the NHK 6/10 and Grave of the Fireflies a 6/10. Most MAL users would disagree with all of those scores but that's how I really feel about them.

I'm loving Brynhildr as well it's in my top 3 this season but this thread is just because I like to hear different opinions and I'm interested in statistics. Glad you're enjoying this show so far.
May 6, 2014 4:39 AM

Nov 2013
rasenshiruken973 said:

She is pretty ordinary but something about her is just cute. It's really hard to explain cause it's not something I can put my finger on. I'm not too keen on Kana really. Her attitude is a bit... hmm. I don't think Kuroha is tsundere at all. Her character has remained pretty consistent so far. Watch the link I put cause that's basically what made me like more lol.

I saw that video a week ago, it's edited made of random phrases, but I agree that moment with laundry and song was cute. Still this show lacks some really standing out characters, like Yuno from Mirai Nikki, CC/Lelouch, Lucy from EL, they basically make the show. I recently watched Robotics; Notes, I don't think I could watch it till the end without Frau :D
May 6, 2014 5:22 AM

Aug 2013
sadfacelv said:
rasenshiruken973 said:

I saw that video a week ago, it's edited made of random phrases, but I agree that moment with laundry and song was cute. Still this show lacks some really standing out characters, like Yuno from Mirai Nikki, CC/Lelouch, Lucy from EL, they basically make the show. I recently watched Robotics; Notes, I don't think I could watch it till the end without Frau :D

Gasai Yuno is one of my favourite female characters :D
Lucy > Kuroha I admit. But I still love Kuroha as well.

I'm interested in this show for the story more than characters, but there are none that really annoy me so it's fine I guess.
May 6, 2014 5:30 AM
Dec 2012
Lime_ said:
I have no idea, and Elfen Lied is one of the best shows ever made that has deep, complex well developed characters that are not afraid to tell it like it is, with a strong ending.

MAL must be crazy

Made my day.

Speaking about Gokukoku, you only stay to watch gore, thats it. It has no superior plot or at least more interesting characters than average show.
May 6, 2014 3:25 PM

May 2010
Nemesis0 said:
Lime_ said:
I have no idea, and Elfen Lied is one of the best shows ever made that has deep, complex well developed characters that are not afraid to tell it like it is, with a strong ending.

MAL must be crazy

Made my day.

Speaking about Gokukoku, you only stay to watch gore, thats it. It has no superior plot or at least more interesting characters than average show.

lmao. poor Lime_
May 6, 2014 5:00 PM

Sep 2008
I find that the title is very interesting.
I think the more normal question to ask is:
Why such a high rating?
Recently the scores on the newest anime are just driving me crazy.
I see 8 on Mahouka and proceeded to waste 20 min of my life watching some dumb cliched incestuous sh*t which seems to me like it came right out of a toilet bowl.
And this anime...let's sum it up:
Huh...why can he/she do X
Oh, because surprise surprise, he/she has Y power!!
Goodjob guys.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
May 6, 2014 5:01 PM

Apr 2013
Because it sucks.
May 7, 2014 4:04 AM

Jul 2013
Who cares what other people think? If you like it then watch it. If I cared what other people thought then you wouldn't see Nisekoi and Shippuden in my favorites.

On another note I didn't know that people still take ratings seriously on this site.
MinagatachiMay 7, 2014 4:08 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2014 6:14 AM

Jan 2011
Minagatachi said:
On another note I didn't know that people still take ratings seriously on this site.

What else is there to life besides having your favourite chinese cartoons rated high?
May 7, 2014 8:47 AM

Apr 2014
ReaperCreeper said:
Minagatachi said:

What else is there to life besides having your favourite chinese cartoons rated high?

anime is Japanese
"Urushibara Ruka, delicate as an orchid, fair as a cherry blossom, the personification of feminine grace and also... a dude. Tall as a willow, slender as a reed, a dude. Radiant in shrine vestments... dude. the sun dips low in a rosy sky, secateurs buzz, Ruka is a dude".

-Okabe Rintarou/ Hououin Kyouma
May 7, 2014 12:06 PM

Jul 2012
Clannad4evr said:
ReaperCreeper said:
Minagatachi said:

anime is Japanese

It's a joke lol ^
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

403 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:24 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

308 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 4:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.