Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 10, 2014 1:38 AM

Apr 2014
THE FEELS. Almost cried there for a moment. Cute kohai back it up a bit -- the third year climbers have the best rivalry. Best. ( ≧Д≦)

Perfect episode from start to finish.
May 11, 2014 2:35 PM
Aug 2011
So bromantical, so amazing.
All of my 5 out of 5's.
May 11, 2014 7:59 PM

Jan 2011
Toudou and Makishima are beyond cute! That ending scene really did it for me.
May 13, 2014 2:11 AM

Aug 2010
I could NOT stop smiling this whole episode!
UGH THE RIVALRY. such epic.. much beautiful
Jun 2, 2014 8:28 AM

May 2014
Loved this episode and the race between Maki and Toudou! Dat bromance.

MAKI-CHAN!!!!
JINPACHI!!!
Aug 29, 2014 12:43 PM

Jun 2012
I was surprised that Makishima not only caught up, but they finished the duel in the same episode.

Sep 20, 2014 10:35 AM

Jun 2011
The feels in the first part, the boring middle part, and the hype in the last part!

The middle
Jinpachi!
Maki-chan!
Jinpachi!
Maki-chan!
Jinpachi!
Maki-chan!
went a bit overboard for me. I am satisfied with the results. The only part I don't mind Sohoku winning is the last part with captain vs captain, the sprint and hill climb should have won by Hakone, which the hill climb one did.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 13, 2014 3:26 AM

Jun 2010
I loved watching the duel between Toudou and Makishima.

Now if only Onoda would stop looking terrified at everything and stop being awkward for more than two seconds.

Edit: Also I love how Toudou acts like a crazy doting girlfriend towards Makishima.
Apr 11, 2015 7:07 PM

Feb 2015
FatefulLove said:
Toudou was a wreck without Makishima!
That bromance. Maki-chan would have won if he started at the same time.

GNExia236A said:
Edit: Also I love how Toudou acts like a crazy doting girlfriend towards Makishima.
Pretty much because he is one.
Sep 19, 2015 9:52 PM
Dec 2009
Good race! Third years really going all out.
Sep 25, 2015 2:06 AM

Jun 2009
JINPACHI!!
MAKI-CHAN!!
JINPACHI!!
MAKI-CHAN!!
JINPACHI!!
MAKI-CHAN!!
JINPACHI!!
MAKI-CHAN!!
JINPACHI!!
MAKI-CHAN!!
JINPACHI!!
MAKI-CHAN!!
JINPACHI!!
MAKI-CHAN!!
JINPACHI!!
MAKI-CHAN!!
JINPACHI!!
MAKI-CHAN!!
Apr 19, 2016 1:23 PM

Dec 2012
I'm really happy for Toudou that he got his battle with Makishima. Even though Maki lost, it was a great rivalry and so adrenaline pumping to watch. Oh man, Kinjou is making his move. Excited to see the battle between captains!
Mar 15, 2017 2:31 PM

Jan 2015
I can't say enough how much i liked this episode. I felt so emotional, this episode was outstandingly done, when i'm gonna think about the score for this anime i will remember this amazing episode. I really felt for Jinpachi <3 He was riding so saddened by the fact that Maki-chan isn't there and they cant finish their score. It really hurt watching it :( he loves being a center of attention, and even with all those guys rooting for him and even girls, he was unaffected, he just wanted the race to end. He couldn't even believe that Maki-chan caught up to him, and when he was reassured he was so happy <3 He is so grateful to Onoda for making his wish to race Maki-chan come true and ofcourse he is grateful a lot to Makishima, the guy who made him faster, the guy who gave his life a better meaning. He has so much fun going against him <3 Honestly amazing job by seyuu, depicting those emotions, made me really feel for him. if i wasn't liking Jinpachi before i sure as hell do now. It's also their last summer,their last fight, this moment is so special for him.

And let me talk about the race, damn they were both at their limit and they both put a lot of efforts at that race. Both were really happy at the end even though Makishima lost he still was happy he got to race against him at the end of their final race. I loved that moment so much where Makishima was saying how much he is grateful to him too, and he hates to admit but he's been a great rival. I never thought i would hear that from Makishima, cause i thought he saw Jinpachi as no more than a nuisance, but here he is saying how much he is important to him.Btw Makishima was calling him Toudou last episode and in this episode when they were alone he called him Jinpachi <3 <3 <3
I loved the part where they both missed a high five LOL that was unusual and nice :P

Kanzaki was right tho, those who lose have their head down and those who win look at the sky. So true lol, just like in the race that Tadokoro won, Naruko's head was down.
That sudden intensity at the end tho. It's time to bring out the ACES. Imaizumi looks serious af now.
IKUZE IMAIZUMI. HAI. -WE'll TAKE THE FINISH LINE. -HAI-
Apr 19, 2017 6:01 PM

Jul 2016
MAN, I love both Jinpachi and Maki-chan so much that I wanted both of them to win ;w; My heart hurt so bad, every time Jinpachi mentioned how time is fleeting or what a good three years it's been I get hit by a rock. I don't want to hear it! *shiet* There was so much Jinpachi in this episode, he's one of my favorite characters and I'm really glad <3

Awesome episode.
Jan 29, 2018 5:37 AM

Jan 2018
That was a great race between the two, absolutely love their rivalry.
The only thing about the episode that I find awkward is how unprepared Onoda for the race informatively speaking, like "let's take him to the race and not tell him what it's all about beforehand".
QueenBenJan 29, 2018 10:00 AM

Jun 12, 2019 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
I think this is my favorite episode so far, Makishima and Toudou has such a strong and believable relationship. Their battle after all that has happened in previous episodes was so satisfying to experience. I'm so glad it ended up being as close to a tie as possible.
Sep 17, 2019 6:10 PM

Sep 2018
I ship this two ❤ Jinpachi x Makishima! They are so cute :*
It's really boring / you loss motivation if you don't compete with the person you like to defeat :(
The way Makishima rides look tiring ! But I agree that Jinpachi will be the Mountain God..
Mar 3, 2021 11:15 AM

Nov 2016
Too bad for Makishima, tho he started 3min later and did still great. Then again, Toudou didn't go all out either until it was against his precious Maki-chan. That was a good fight.

Final stage of day one, it's time for the all rounder and aces.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 26, 2021 1:16 AM

Jul 2015
I wonder what the outcome would've been if Onoda was pulling the team from the start so Makishima wouldn't have that 3 min delay to catch up from. Still fantastic to see him and Toudou hold their long anticipated final race to settle the score once and for all.

Nov 24, 2022 8:11 PM

Oct 2015
Re-watching this anime for the 3rd time because their current season has a huge gap from the last one. It seemed like a good time for a re-watch, too. Anyway!

Todou x Makishima is my favorite pair/rivals in the whole series. They have this chemistry that is so natural and they're both fun to watch. Each is my favorite character from each team, too. They respect each other, care about each other, and look up to each other. That's wonderful. Also, Makishima isn't the type to text or call people but he kinda puts up with Todou's calls multiple times a week lol! I'm sure there were a lot of missed calls, too, basing on the extra scene after credits. XD

It was interesting to see (again) Todou having everything but then it didn't matter to him because his "Maki-chan" wasn't there. Victory, people's cheers (attention), fangirls - nothing mattered when he was racing there alone. Life only came back to his eyes the moment he saw Makishima. He was so overwhelmed by emotions and Makishima was, too. Their promise was fulfilled. Love the episode. <3
   HuaLian <3
Sep 19, 2023 2:24 AM
Jan 2017
Thrilling conclusion to the battle between Makishima and Toudou for the peak! This anime, and the manga as well, inspired me to get back into bike-riding. Thank you, Mr. Watanabe!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.