Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2014 11:23 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Big thanks to Naruleach, Nefarious, and Numi for helping out this week.

You can find more details and an overview of all results in the club's official FAL Spring 2014 thread.

Points Criteria
Please see the Rules thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Discussion posts ARE counted this week
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Week 4 Anime Points:

Total Weekly Points Rankings:

Total Overall Points Rankings:

Highest Unique Team Score:

Ace users:

Team Rankings:

Errors:

Edit: Fixed points for Blade & Soul. For more information see the official FAL Spring 2014 thread.
LunaMay 3, 2014 3:17 AM
Apr 27, 2014 11:25 AM

Dec 2011
Wha...? Hitsugi no Chaika got double points?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 27, 2014 11:27 AM

Sep 2011
Das it mane
Apr 27, 2014 11:45 AM

Jan 2012
Luna_ said:
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Episode discussion posts (1125): 28125

I think that's not the correct post count because a moderator (i think it's a moderator) has deleted at least 55 posts from the first two weeks in mahouka threads and it seem you used the old post count to compute quickly the new one.

for me mahouka is still first of the week

EDIT : proof :
here we have the two last posts from week 2 before the deadline
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1143969&show=240#msg29998413
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1136305&show=800#msg29994579

If we sum the 2 numbers we get 1055 posts from week 1 and week 2

But in week 2 FAL thread we have
Luna_ said:
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Episode discussion posts (1110): 27750

that's why i think a moderator has cleaned the 2 threads and that you have to recount the new posts from week 3 and week 4.

The last time i checked the post count before the deadline it was approximately of 1175 posts, an error of 50 posts is huge.
MagnordApr 27, 2014 1:02 PM
Apr 27, 2014 11:57 AM

Feb 2010
Wow, Hitsugi no Chaika gets double points too...

This season is kinda ruined by the double point shows imo. If it's not about correctly guessing which shows will be the most successful ones, it's just about lucking out regarding which shows get double points. Maybe it's just me, but I hate leaving it all to luck/randomness.
Next season I might join the challenge for the lowest score instead, that seems fun too ^^.

Anyway, my anticipated fall begins, and earlier than expected because of Hitsugi no Chaika.
I'll be able to slow it down next week by finally getting rid of Akuma no Riddle on my active team, but the almost 20k difference in points between Chaika and Akuma no Riddle this week has made me lost all remaining hope of finishing in a top position. Even if it will not stay a bonus show permanently this week alone might be enough.
Additionally my lategame doesn't look that great either with JoJo instead of Mushishi which is rated higher than JoJo. I probably should have known it, but I thought the viewer difference might be bigger early in the season.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 27, 2014 12:01 PM

Jul 2010
O.o Hitsugi no Chaika being forth with most points... maybe I should switch it in (risky though) and switch out Gokukoku no Brynhildr.

I did pick a boring team but glad to see it continue to rise, finally made it to top 100. :)
Hope I get a chance to ace Mahouka sometime.
Apr 27, 2014 12:01 PM

Sep 2011
I think you missed the blade and soul discussion posts, these are negatives.
Apr 27, 2014 12:03 PM

Nov 2008
So, there's six people in first now? I guess this season's so insane with the double points because nobody could see past the big guns, which mean a serious number of anime (presumably everything from Hitsugi no Chaika downwards) have double points potential.

I guess this means I will have to tread very carefully with my usage of swaps for the rest of the season, since everything I would actually want to swap out is on fewer teams than Hitsugi no Chaika.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Apr 27, 2014 12:08 PM

Nov 2011
I am probably never going to pick a sequel on a team again regardless of how strong the ratings may be. But based on these results, it's about guessing which shows have the best chance of gaining double points.

I narrowly aced NGNL earlier today with that slim margin of difference. But even with that, it doesn't matter since I dropped again because of double pointers. Oh well, at least I can swap out Akuma no Riddle sometimes this week. Still, I really wish I had one of those teams with double points. Lesson learned. I'm definitely going to play with a risk next time. Because if it pays off, the reward is big time. I wonder how long some of those double pointers will last...

But at any rate, I'll be lucky to stay in the top 30 this season.
Apr 27, 2014 12:23 PM

Dec 2011
Thing is this season is that most teams in contention have all four of:
Mahouka
No Game No Life
Black Bullet
Mekakucity Actors

These 4 are all big scorers, so people who have them in their benches are eagerly switching them into their active teams - probably more than half of all teams now have ALL 4 of these series in play. Which leaves just a single place left for the remaining series, and a vast number of series that have the potential to fill that one spot. Given that, it's really no surprise that so many series have attained double points status.

If anything, it's more surprising that Captain Earth, WIXOSS and Soul Eater Not aren't joining them. Yet. These are the only three (beside a couple of series that are obviously not the picks of anyone who knows what they're doing, and things that are in for score/favourite points) that are not getting double points but could reasonably be swapped out.
kuuderes_shadowApr 27, 2014 12:29 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 27, 2014 12:28 PM

Jan 2012
AnaPaulaGoh said:
I think you missed the blade and soul discussion posts, these are negatives.

You are right that's another mistake :(

Week 4 discussion post points:
------------------------------
Blade and Soul (-194): -4850
Apr 27, 2014 12:30 PM

Apr 2013
Managed to move up to 25th. Now I'm ready to drop since I don't have a series to swap in that is doing any better than Akuma no Riddle :(
Apr 27, 2014 12:35 PM

Jun 2012
got rank 74 now.. i hope i manage to get top 50+ next week :)
Apr 27, 2014 12:38 PM

Nov 2008
kuuderes_shadow said:
Thing is this season is that most teams in contention have all four of:
Mahouka
No Game No Life
Black Bullet
Mekakucity Actors

These 4 are all big scorers, so people who have them in their benches are eagerly switching them into their active teams - probably more than half of all teams now have ALL 4 of these series in play. Which leaves just a single place left for the remaining series, and a vast number of series that have the potential to fill that one spot. Given that, it's really no surprise that so many series have attained double points status.

If anything, it's more surprising that Captain Earth, WIXOSS and Soul Eater Not aren't joining them. Yet. These are the only three (beside a couple of series that are obviously not the picks of anyone who knows what they're doing, and things that are in for score/favourite points) that are not getting double points but could reasonably be swapped out.
Well, in WIXOSS's case, it was aired early, so a lot of teams would have started with it, and if they had a worse anime on week 2/3 (like I did), they would have swapped that out first.

As for Soul Eater Not, in case you haven't noticed, a couple of people brought that in for the vastly superior Mangaka-san, so don't try to apply logic there.
[
Apr 27, 2014 12:53 PM

Dec 2011
To those complaining about being beaten by all those double point teams - the top person who has got double points from any series at any point is Sc2master, in 40th.

The second highest such team and highest ranked one who actually increased in rank this week is me. In 64th.

So I would stop worrying so much about double points if I were you. The people beating you are just those who have a superior selection of the same 10 series within their teams.
kuuderes_shadowApr 27, 2014 1:00 PM
Apr 27, 2014 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
I'm.....tired for 1st? Wow, never been this high in the FAL ranking before. It feels good, man. Tied with 6 other people though. Pressure is on to not screw up for the rest of the season now though.
Apr 27, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2010
First time i dropped a few spots but seeing how close the scores are this isn't so surprising.
And i can't complain since the past two weeks i went up 170 spots.

And i have not used my ace yet not to mention that Wild cards are still a few weeks away.
Apr 27, 2014 2:42 PM

Jul 2010
well then..
Apr 27, 2014 3:01 PM

Mar 2014
Now I'm torn between benching Akuma or Haikyuu in favor for Mekaku.
Haikyuu with its high score, more faves and less drop count than Akuma seems favorable though.
C'mon Haikyuu I thought you were gonna be the next Kuroko..! ;_;
Apr 27, 2014 3:19 PM

Sep 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Wow, Hitsugi no Chaika gets double points too...

This season is kinda ruined by the double point shows imo. If it's not about correctly guessing which shows will be the most successful ones, it's just about lucking out regarding which shows get double points. Maybe it's just me, but I hate leaving it all to luck/randomness.
Next season I might join the challenge for the lowest score instead, that seems fun too ^^.

Anyway, my anticipated fall begins, and earlier than expected because of Hitsugi no Chaika.
I'll be able to slow it down next week by finally getting rid of Akuma no Riddle on my active team, but the almost 20k difference in points between Chaika and Akuma no Riddle this week has made me lost all remaining hope of finishing in a top position. Even if it will not stay a bonus show permanently this week alone might be enough.
Additionally my lategame doesn't look that great either with JoJo instead of Mushishi which is rated higher than JoJo. I probably should have known it, but I thought the viewer difference might be bigger early in the season.

I didn't expect Hitsugi to get double points, seeing as how 76 people had them in their team when MAL started (20 active). I doubt it will get x2 points next week. People gonna swap it in without even thinking about it.
Apr 27, 2014 3:30 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Wow when I crunched the Ace numbers last night, NGNL had a 5k+ advantage on Mahouka. It nearly made up that ground overnight? Damn, got it through by the skin of my teeth.
Apr 27, 2014 3:40 PM

Nov 2011
KingYoshi said:
Wow when I crunched the Ace numbers last night, NGNL had a 5k+ advantage on Mahouka. It nearly made up that ground overnight? Damn, got it through by the skin of my teeth.

I calculated about 30 minutes before time was up. I think that paid off to see the margin difference since I knew the two were pretty close.

I'm somewhat surprised that NGNL is taking a huge lead in the past two weeks.
Apr 27, 2014 3:58 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Stark700 said:
KingYoshi said:

I calculated about 30 minutes before time was up. I think that paid off to see the margin difference since I knew the two were pretty close.

I'm somewhat surprised that NGNL is taking a huge lead in the past two weeks.

Nice! Yeah, I was gone all day today, so I had to make the decision last night whether to wait until a week that didn't count discussion points. I thought I was going to breeze into the ace after seeing that lead, but it turned out much closer than I expected :P.

Yeah, NGNL's success has been a bit surprising. I thought it would do well, but not quite this high. Pre-season, I thought Mahouka was going to be the SnK of this season and just dominate the rankings.
Apr 27, 2014 4:00 PM

Nov 2008
LLawlied said:
Haikyuu with its high score, more faves and less drop count than Akuma seems favorable though.
Well, you know, Haikyuu would have probably had more chance of being the next Kuroko if it was covering a sport with more widespread popularity than volleyball, you know.

@Mahouka vs No Game No Life:

Well, I fully expected No Game No Life to do better than Mahouka, just because NGNL had better staff working on it and Mahouka was reminding me more of Little Busters (which pretty much flopped, as far as pre-season faves go) than. Of course, that meant I expected No Game No Life to do better because of Mahouka disappointing, not because it turned out to be even more popular than a Mahouka that actually lived up to its hype, so that part was a surprise to me, though I did think that NGNL would be the top FAL anime this season if Selector wasn't, as it clearly isn't.
Rosa_FOEtidaApr 27, 2014 4:07 PM
[
Apr 27, 2014 5:25 PM

Feb 2012
Liking the top 20, but my weak bench will work against me.
Apr 27, 2014 7:22 PM

Feb 2007
86th. Mekaku still got more points than Hitsugi between Week 2 and 4, so I did the right swap.

I expect the x2 effect on some more shows (sc2master going down in the ranks surprised me, I went and checked things: Dragonar lost its x2 effect) will disappear next week, people who swapped Week 2 can swap again.
Apr 27, 2014 8:27 PM

Feb 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
To those complaining about being beaten by all those double point teams - the top person who has got double points from any series at any point is Sc2master, in 40th.

The second highest such team and highest ranked one who actually increased in rank this week is me. In 64th.

So I would stop worrying so much about double points if I were you. The people beating you are just those who have a superior selection of the same 10 series within their teams.

Welp, you're right. I kinda assumed the teams who jumped to top were the teams with Hitsugi no Chaika on it, but it just seems to be people who reched the team that I'll have next week earlier because of different active/bench distribution.
It's kinda surprising though that none of the bonus point shows are relevant for the top so far.

As for Haikyuu, as far as I'm concerned it IS the next Kuroko, but it's a less popular sport so I anticipated lower watching numbers. It's actually doing better than I thought.
Apr 27, 2014 8:51 PM

Oct 2011
I passed the 100 ranks OMG !!! So happy T__T. Rank 83 YAY!!!!!!!
Apr 28, 2014 2:29 AM

Apr 2012
-27 :( I give up now because there is no way my bench teams will get higher than my active ones unless they can get double points which is unlikely.
Oh well, at least I managed to get to 2nd place this season and this is just my 2nd time joining FAL.
Apr 28, 2014 2:58 AM
Nov 2011
-22....*sobs*
Apr 28, 2014 5:24 AM

Jan 2010
Whats up with the negative discussion points for Blade & Soul??
Apr 28, 2014 5:37 AM

Oct 2007
Hopefully still stay within the top 100 after swapping in Mekakucity Actors
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2014 9:01 AM

Jun 2010
381? -3? I'm wondering how long will take to reach the last place. =3=/
Apr 28, 2014 9:16 AM

Nov 2012
totally forgot about FAL and about putting an ace last week, but hey i moved up 30 ranks and i'm almost in the top 100~
Apr 28, 2014 11:48 AM

Apr 2008
171 => 129 => 110 => 86

Rosa_FOEtida said:
LLawlied said:
Well, you know, Haikyuu would have probably had more chance of being the next Kuroko if it was covering a sport with more widespread popularity than volleyball.

Swimming is not really a popular sport either, but look at Free.

BlueYoshi said:
86th. Mekaku still got more points than Hitsugi between Week 2 and 4, so I did the right swap.

I expect the x2 effect on some more shows (sc2master going down in the ranks surprised me, I went and checked things: Dragonar lost its x2 effect) will disappear next week, people who swapped Week 2 can swap again.

As your fellow running mate in score and rank so far. We might part ways next week if and when I decide to sub in Ishuukan.
Apr 29, 2014 9:00 AM

Feb 2010
Banchou said:
171 => 129 => 110 => 86

Rosa_FOEtida said:
LLawlied said:
Well, you know, Haikyuu would have probably had more chance of being the next Kuroko if it was covering a sport with more widespread popularity than volleyball.

Swimming is not really a popular sport either, but look at Free.

Free was a KyoAni show first and foremost and only secondarily a sports show, if you could even call it a sports show. The sport is just a side aspect, the main focus lies on the character interactions and s-o-l aspects. Haikyuu and KnB are full-blown sports adaptions and the character interactions are used to enhance the match experiences and not the other way round as in Free.
I always feel tagging everything vaguely related to any sport with the sports tag gives people the wrong impression. There are 'sports' shows and then there are shows who happen to involve some kind of sport while being about something different.
May 3, 2014 3:28 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
I fixed the points for Blade & Soul. For more information see the official FAL Spring 2014 thread.

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

11 by ElyTheIrenic »»
5 hours ago

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

18 by ElyTheIrenic »»
5 hours ago

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.