Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 27, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, choices choices.

>Yes or no.
Well it looks like the episode added even more concepts with fantasy elements. Not sure how I feel about this tbh. I spotted some competition too. I wasn't into it much though since dealing with the flags is still the major point. Poor Nanami, that must of hurt.
Apr 27, 2014 8:54 AM

Jul 2013
And the sports festival just got started. Pretty good start during their first day, but Souta losing it on the 2nd day. Wonder what's bothering him...

Souta getting some answers from Ruri was interesting, I think he got his confidence back. The power of their friendship is strong. Damn the 3rd day was pretty good, but too bad they lost :(. I think they won't be moving their dorms anymore. Looks like a new character is coming.

Not much comedy in here, and the sport scenes was pretty short imo.

Apr 27, 2014 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
The school sport festival was alright. The sport scenes were quite short. Anyway I loved that scene where Souta do that Princess Carrying with Nanami.

Too bad, Souta's team had lost the game, but good thing that Quest Dorm gets to stay.

I wonder who is that mysterious girl is.
removed-userApr 27, 2014 5:56 PM
Apr 27, 2014 5:09 PM

Aug 2007
Not a bad ep. Souta team ends up winning the MVP and we get some nice plot stuff. All that's left is to find the clergy and the end of the episode where they introduce someone who probably be coming after since he has that girls powers now.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 27, 2014 5:13 PM

May 2013
Those victory flags. Nice that Souta gets to stay at the Quest Dormitory.
Apr 27, 2014 5:38 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Always love the sound effects whenever the flags pop up above a person's head. That Princess carry with Nanami was great! Speed boost! They also got the MVP. Good for them!
Apr 27, 2014 6:49 PM

Nov 2013
The added fantasy element feels so forced. The pacing once again is pretty bad. It slows down and then goes full throttle. Still waiting for the actual plot to be included, but being already 1/4 into the series it will probably be left off with a bunch of typical plot holes.
Apr 27, 2014 7:38 PM

Jul 2010
The sports festival wasn't really sport like at all xD
The girl at the end transforming... is she the clergy?
The different world about finding a tree, wonder how they would really get into it.
Glad they became MVP, Souta is good at making flags! I wonder if Nanami having no flag means something special.
Apr 27, 2014 7:44 PM
Mar 2014
i enjoyed this episode and i love all of megumu's moments
Apr 27, 2014 7:52 PM

Nov 2013
whoa
Apr 27, 2014 8:00 PM

Jan 2014
I honestly don't get al the hate for this. I'm loving it. Especially the whole death flag part. Well time to read a bit more of the manga again.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Apr 27, 2014 8:20 PM

Jul 2013
That mysterious lady at the end there..
and Souta's death flag. He got some answers from Ruri which helped him cheer up :D
Always thought about Nanami having no flags raised at all..what does it mean..
Apr 27, 2014 9:05 PM

Sep 2013
Things got dark and strange in that green house

Rin's reaction when Souta asked her to win :D

That ending... this anime is going in a direction I was not expecting :O

Dat end card :P
Apr 27, 2014 10:47 PM

Oct 2010
Being able to visualize flags is a brilliant idea, but this series is biting off more than it can chew. Trying to force plot in a harem comedy just comes out as cheesy and rushed. Nothing ground-breaking, but a fair way to kill time, nevertheless.

The lady at the end is most likely a future enemy ( and subsequent harem candidate). Wouldn't refer to him as "yatsu" otherwise, unless we're have two Minami-archetype characters.
Apr 28, 2014 12:59 AM
Mar 2012
Quest Dormitory saved! That cliffhanger though.
Apr 28, 2014 2:24 AM

Jul 2012
I kinda hoped for a new girl.

But yay this show is cute, cannot wait for the next episode. Hopefully we soon will get the suspenders girl from the opening.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Apr 28, 2014 4:45 AM

Dec 2011
All's well that ends well :D.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 28, 2014 5:20 AM

Jan 2011
Wonder why Nanami doesn't have a flag. Her reaction when Souta carried her was super cute!

Still, how can you carry a girl and run faster than others? MC power ftw.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Apr 28, 2014 5:24 AM

Mar 2014
Now i remember why i dropped the manga. The first girl rule will still count even though it's a harem.
Apr 28, 2014 5:38 AM

Aug 2010
There was lots of plot this ep XD

Akane and her horse XD This girl is kawaii <3

Loved Ruri's friendship flag :3

Megu being a national record holder was lol XD But now s/he's in home economy XD

WHY SO CUTE >.<! I still don't accept Megu's a trap :P

So in the end it was all Prez's miscalculation again XD

I wonder who the masked girl was?
Apr 28, 2014 7:46 AM

May 2010
Finally, a new episode! The OP has such a nice feel to it. Souta basically cheated in that PK game though. Dat Cyborg eyes!

Souta is not a bad protagonist, that's for sure. Looks like the robot (Ruri(?) is slowly being conquered.

The games, when he asked the girls to win, were hilarious! Rin is easily the best girl, along with Megumu (well, he/she is a trap so...)

Uh... Ain't that ice cold? Quest Dorm breaks too many rules xD I see it more of a gag anime than anything even if it has a serious plot undergoing.

"You guys were second but you won." <<< This anime is gonna change the rules of the world.
Apr 28, 2014 9:21 AM
Jan 2011
Well, Souta gets to stay at Quest Dorm, btw who is that girl in black?
Apr 28, 2014 10:14 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Smiles all around
RIN IS BEST STILL
New flags keep popping up...
V-victory flag
orlynaow
Waiting for a deus ex machina flag to pop up.
Calling it
right now

I wonder if this will get dark... IT HONESTLY CAN
And I wouldn't mind it tbh
ZelotApr 28, 2014 10:18 AM
Apr 28, 2014 11:41 AM
Oct 2010
Take a look at the braid on the mysterious character in this episode and in the OP. It looks very similar to the braid Nanami has. I would not be surprised if it's one of her 13 (?) siblings or something.

That might also give more meaning/connections to why she is the only one without flags, maybe.
Apr 28, 2014 12:40 PM

Jan 2009
1. not fond of excessive wild energy the show gives off, but the dark side keeps me in.

2. A crazy harem w/ an enchanting ost & a dark mysterious side. How interesting

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 28, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
Things are getting interesting with that lady at the end

Friendship always wins! 'jumps in the air'
Apr 28, 2014 1:14 PM
Nov 2013
Holy crap this anime nosedived faster than the final episodes of Evangelion
Why are they trying to throw in a ridiculously complicated fantasy plot on top of what was already a decent harem?
Definitely not looking forward to this one anymore
Apr 28, 2014 1:19 PM

Nov 2011
another great episode :) but I hope it doesn't become too serious later!

that end card tho... i'll have nightmares.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Apr 28, 2014 1:33 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Ouch, Nanami falls down and the table falls down on her leg. I think Souta waited too long to notice she couldn't continue running. I'd pick Nanami up as soon as she stood up and run to the finish line.

It was an ok episode, LOL at Akane riding the horse. I thought she couldn't get off the hourse because she was too scared but they group throws Souta with the horse and Akane takes off.

Megu as always cute.

I wonder who is that mysterious girl at the end. She has a similar hair style to Nanami's.

Apr 28, 2014 3:35 PM

Apr 2010
The plot thickens and the story is starting to show the question is will Souta be able to solve the riddle.
And will he be able to stop the ones trying to hinder him.
Apr 28, 2014 4:56 PM

Jul 2012
The last section of the race Souta put on those jets and rocketed from last to two place.

Great episode!!!
Apr 28, 2014 5:18 PM

Oct 2013
Who dat?
Apr 28, 2014 6:24 PM

Apr 2012
it felt so rush and forced for me, i don't know maybe i am wrong.

next: harem date? lol

the real problem start here XD

that the other world and secret in this world make me curious

Apr 28, 2014 7:34 PM

Dec 2011
That masked girl at the end looked like Nanami... I wonder if it was an alter ego, or the person from the past?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2014 8:43 PM
Mar 2014
Megumu is so funny !

But decent episode liked how Ruri got a little digital flag over her head lol
Apr 29, 2014 9:03 AM
Jun 2011
This just got weird.
Glad to see he can fix his death flag though.
It's just a shame that this is all a dream he's having in limbo (I presume).
At least it's a nice dream.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Apr 29, 2014 11:15 AM

Oct 2011
I found this post interesting

From Harem_Guru on Animeultima post

Nanami KNIGHT Bladefield the Knight
MAHOUsegawa Akane the Mage
TOUZOKUyama Megumu the Thief
SHOUKANji Kikuno the Summoner
RYUUKISHIbara Tsumugi the Dragon Knight

Add to it

(Ninja)bayashi Ruri- Ruri the Ninja
(Eiyuu)zaki Rin Rin the Hero

Just look up their last name and the roles are right there.

OT:
Souta and his death bought me to tears T_T
Dat other world OMG.
Could the little red hair girl be the clergy??

Who is Bladefield Hakua Berserker ( Masked girl ??????) Nanami's sister : 0
Apr 29, 2014 3:53 PM
Aug 2012
cant wait to see Mei! :D
Apr 29, 2014 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
This anime has followed a unique pattern so far... I always start the episode hating it, and then I slowly begin to like it as the episode progresses. It's a complete joke in the beginning, but turns into something decent. I think every episode so far has been like that. I can't decide whether or not this anime is brilliant or a disaster! I liked this episode though.

I LOVE MEGU-CHAN <3 and Nanami is an outstanding character all-around. I really love Megu-chan and Nanami, but the other characters are annoying. At least this isn't a repeat of Omamori Himari where I hated ALL the characters. :3
Apr 29, 2014 9:34 PM

Jul 2010
Forced fantasy is forced.
Apr 30, 2014 7:35 AM

May 2013
Ruri, I wish you can be a human if possible.

The story is getting interesting now. I wonder who is the girl at the end? Hmmm...
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 30, 2014 1:51 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Every season there's a little comedy series that comes out of nowhere to entertain me immensely. 'Love Lab', 'My Mental Choices.." just to name some. I was really hoping that this one would be it this season, but it really isn't funny at all and the characters are rather bland to be honest.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 30, 2014 10:42 PM

Feb 2014
I have no idea whats going on, all I know is that I like it and feel sorry for poor Meguma.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
May 1, 2014 9:15 AM

Dec 2012
The Robot Flag.

The bond of Nanami and Souta is kinda got a little bit stronger now. I want to know why Nanami doesn't have her flag.

I guess the girl at the last scene knows about the situation Souta is having right now.
May 2, 2014 9:46 PM

Dec 2013
this show randomly throws in serious elements, nanami is more likable now imo, but still reminds me of a smaller version of sena
May 2, 2014 10:18 PM

Apr 2011
Really digging this show. One of the best harems I've seen, the only one I don't really like is Nanami, though she's getting better as time goes on. I adore the big sis and the trap. <3 I hope they leave it ambiguous as to who he ends up with, since I don't want him to end up with Nanami (who's the obvious girl but certainly not the best). From the looks of the ED, we still have a lot of harem girls to come, too.
May 3, 2014 2:50 PM

Aug 2013
Huuum, dafuq happened in that episode?
What was that hero thing? Who is Ruri and why was she in his dream(?)? What is that weird girl at the end? WHY CAN'T NANAMI RAISE A FLAG?! Probably because of her tsundere power... :P

Anyway, the episode had his good moments. It felt a bit rushed and predictable, but it's not really what I expect from that kind of show xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 10, 2014 6:42 PM

Nov 2012
That was one beastly horse... fit in nicely with the anime... I think.

The generic Harem feels are coming in, and the Souta walks off like a boss! Yeah!

Oh noes, the black flag comes back, what will Souta's fate be?

That robot, Ruri, doing some work.
The decline of Moral will lead to death... I can kind of see the correlation in that.
Souta, no accepting defeat! Oh, he brought this conversation outside.

So he IS going to die, but of course he won't cause story... right? Right?
Ruri, just what are you?!

So Ruri is human! Kind of, she has human emotions. There we go.

I don't know but it kind of feels like Souta's being selfish persuading everyone to win for the sake of possibly breaking his death flag. Kind of mean of me, but I think it's the right thing to do, him being selfish, that is.

That ending though.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
May 11, 2014 10:32 AM

Jun 2011
So far this seems like a disjointed mess of ideas thrown in together without a care for cohesion.
May 15, 2014 11:42 PM

Aug 2013
Okay...I have no idea what's going on anymore XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

144 by JC612 »»
Jan 11, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Who's favorite harem character

MysteryFan89 - Aug 7, 2023

1 by pinkfoxboi »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

145 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 3, 2023 2:31 PM

» So can anyone tell me what the hell happened?[spoilers]

sweetsymphony - Jun 29, 2014

10 by ilos28 »»
May 30, 2022 5:26 AM

» Will this be on funimation without premium

Bunniedoll - Jul 20, 2021

1 by SoulFighter17 »»
Jul 20, 2021 10:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.