Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 25, 2014 9:23 PM

Aug 2012
Well we know when Gray takes his shirt off things get real.
Apr 25, 2014 9:32 PM

Oct 2012
Awesome episode, it seems every time I watch an episode I'm at the edge of my seat ... literally >_<
Cant wait for the next one :D

If your having difficulty trying to find a sub here's a link:
http://www.anime4fun.com/fairy-tail-2014-episode-4

Apr 25, 2014 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
im more interested in the grand tournaments then saving lucy
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 25, 2014 10:00 PM

Sep 2013
Damn so it looks like the blood was only a temporary thing :( I just dont see whats so bad about blood??

Cant friggin wait to see Gajeel kick some ass.
Apr 25, 2014 10:10 PM

Mar 2012
Not shabby, though the fight had more dialogue than I hoped for. And Gray's line about remembering hotter flames was way more epic in the manga. Regardless, nice win there at the end. :D

Fun little filler too with Happy's idea with Mira and Lucy. XD
Apr 25, 2014 10:20 PM

Oct 2012
This episode would of been better if Erza was the one in the swimsuit. :3
Apr 25, 2014 11:05 PM

Nov 2013
I think this was the longest time Gray stayed in an outfit before taking it off...
Also thought Ice Make Unlimited was very Erza-inspired.

The whole getting-beat-up and then destroying the enemy is getting old..this is why I enjoy Erza's fights more in general...she at least puts up a decent fight (at least in my memory).
Apr 25, 2014 11:24 PM

May 2010
Fiji said:
I thought there would be blood for the continuation, but it seems we are not getting it.

Glad this fight was over, seriously can't wait for Kagura vs. Erza.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 25, 2014 11:24 PM

May 2010
sebasuarez9 said:
Bad animation, the poses were not the same in the manga, the dialogs were not well placed, the fight was not smooth when Gray defeats Rufus, that part had to be epic with Dragon Force as background ost and send us this shit. Horrible, disappointed me this "new animation".

Same. :\
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 25, 2014 11:25 PM
Jan 2011
DeeJaySmirk said:

I like how this show, for the most part, doesn't use willpower as the determining factor. They use more power or something smart. Like how he made the ice make magic to fast for him to read. Which is crazy considering Rufus read those books.

Kinda weird how you say it completely backward. Only a few battles like this that has some strategies in it, the rest and especially Natsu's fights are complete willpower factored.

Minagatachi said:
Every woman in the audience simultaneously came when Grey took his shirt off. On another note Rufus has the coolest, most overpowered magic in the series. He should have just memorized some magic from Jellal and Jura when they were fighting

Jellal and Jura magics are on another league for him to copy though, you will understand why soon.

For the episode I enjoyed this fight in Manga a lot but they drag it out so much here which ruins the mood for me here...
Apr 25, 2014 11:41 PM

Apr 2014
Hope Gajeel's fight is soon.
Apr 26, 2014 12:06 AM
Jul 2018
That was not very good episode...average at the best.
Apr 26, 2014 12:09 AM

Apr 2013
I do not like Gray at all so his battles bore me.
Apr 26, 2014 12:58 AM

Mar 2014
Kinda better animation from the last 2 eps.
I had the feeling of One Piece pace in this one, dunno why.
3/5 because Gray with Rufus' hat reminded me of a Cavendish-Oga combo :P
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Apr 26, 2014 1:03 AM

May 2013
Kinda slow and expected outcome, but was still a nice fight. Also looks like the art/animation did improve for the fight scene.
Apr 26, 2014 1:19 AM

Dec 2013
Gray takes a beating, but continues to get up and take more of a beating.

Gray strips.

Gray destroys opponent.

Gray puts on hat, looks completely badass.

Results: Gray should keep the hat.

Fan service this episode was fun, it's always nice to see Mirajane.

I'm still having difficulty with this new animation. It's kinda crappy. I miss the old style, and I really never thought I'd say that about Fairy Tail animation.

The fight was good, usual FT fight scene. Gray's fights have never been that big of a deal for me, much prefer watching Erza or Natsu fight. Even Lucy has had some good fights, wonder what Leo has been up to? Wonder if we'll get a good Mirajane battle since Natsu's group will be attacked next episode?

Oh, well. I'll give this one 7/10.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 26, 2014 1:21 AM

Jul 2013
nice episode. Gray finally defeated Rufus. :D Lol the fanservice. :D
Can't wait to see Erza get in on the action.
Apr 26, 2014 1:36 AM

Aug 2013
Felt the fights from the old fairy tail were better in quality wise, this one was kinda lame, feel like I'm looking at a picture book
Apr 26, 2014 2:07 AM

Jul 2010
blfan said:
What an episode, this episode just adapted one chapter and got streched into an whole episode. So we get some filler with Natsu's group, but fun filler, I like how they mentioned it was a waste of time, kind of acknowledge it's filler.

^This

Also, in a prison known as hell there is a couple of swimsuits...
Where did they come from? O.o Damn filler.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Apr 26, 2014 2:17 AM
Jan 2014
Honestly I couldn't tell the difference when the art is good and when it is bad I just enjoy the anime, and manga for what it is, Plot, characters, fights. And when someone decides not to watch simply because of the art, it just doesn't seem, practical.
Apr 26, 2014 2:51 AM

Feb 2013
damn, at least put some wendy fanservice
Apr 26, 2014 3:15 AM

Aug 2013
I was expecting something more from Gray vs Rufus fight, but it was fine i guess.

Also it was hilarious when he took his shirt off and how everyone reacted to it :D

Decent episode.
Apr 26, 2014 3:24 AM

May 2010
The way they showed Juvia multiple times was so forced, and I was like "ughhh". Showing her once or twice would've been enough. On top of it, she kept saying the same thing again and again.

Lol at "He took it off" Finally Ice Make Unlimited! I still am mad at the animators for ruining the art and animation related to my fav. male character i.e. Gray. Lucy's fine so I am thankful for that but with Gray, the treatment is horrible.

Anyways, "I've dealt with hotter flames".

Don't know what to think anymore. If only Fairy Tail could become it used to be... I am getting tired of saying this again and again... Wish those times could come when I looked forward to every episode like my week wouldn't be complete without it.
Apr 26, 2014 3:50 AM

Apr 2014
The episode was good - the animation was a bit static but I am hoping they're just saving money to animate the climax of this arc the way it deserves.

Shirtless Gray with Rufus's hat... now, isn't that worth memorizing...

Did anyone notice how big-sized Lily's face is just completely messed-up in the preview?
Apr 26, 2014 3:53 AM

Jun 2013
ohh come one, still no blood ? WHY ?? I mean, what are they gonna do with erza vs kagura ?

I wanted to see the ice bringer animated and I get what ? gray posing with 2 ice swords on a ice background!! dissapointed, very dissapointed!!

I am greatfull that gray looks more like a adult now.. in the old FT he looked like a 10 year old.. his eyes and hair are god now..same with Erza.. god, Erza is great now
Apr 26, 2014 4:35 AM

Jul 2010
Comparison of Gray's Ice Impact: Anime vs Manga

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/asuka_gx/ft2.jpg

Comparison of Gray's Ice-Make Unlimited: One Sided Chaotic Dance: Anime vs Manga

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/asuka_gx/ft4.jpg

Yeah, Anime version is meh...
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Apr 26, 2014 4:42 AM

Apr 2014
AsukaTenjyoin said:
Comparison of Gray's Ice Impact: Anime vs Manga

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/asuka_gx/ft2.jpg

Comparison of Gray's Ice-Make Unlimited: One Sided Chaotic Dance: Anime vs Manga

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/asuka_gx/ft4.jpg

Yeah, Anime version is meh...

I know what you mean. I was disappointed a bit as well because it was done so much better in the manga. The fight could have been a lot better if the animators tried a bit harder but in the end it felt a bit underwhelming :/
Apr 26, 2014 4:43 AM

Mar 2013
I try to stop watching this cus is boring, then, the ost...
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Apr 26, 2014 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
boring, Fairy Tail fights are so forgettable like when Grey had that short flashback with people he faced before I couldn't remember one person.
Apr 26, 2014 5:15 AM

Mar 2008
next episode, plant rape ft. Natsu hahaha
Apr 26, 2014 5:21 AM

May 2013
I am glad that A-1 added a few scenes here and there to extend the fight,but it still came cross as lackluster, you would think someone with Memory-Make magic who has seen most of the fights that have transpired in the GMG would have been more devastating e.g using Nastu's bullshit magic spell that somehow managed to overpower a dragon force union raid or a magic that can negate other peoples magic from that person from Lamia Scale.

What is it with most Fairy Tail ‎antagonists having little to no durability? I mean Rufus got taken out in two moves and last episode was basically most of the competition being one shotted and that includes Bacchus.

About the art and animation it was very meh, still a lot of still images which made the fight look static at times and was it just me or did any other manga readers feel like some of the attacks namely the Sword of Frozen Black Lightning and the Dance of Chaos did not look nowhere as good as they were in the manga.

Parts that made me lol Gray telling Rufus not to "cheat" cough hypocrite cough, the message about how he died with a boner for Mira, well a least he died happy. Forgot to mention it before, but this show has the most boring eye catchers I ever seen in an anime. Overall 2/5
Apr 26, 2014 5:53 AM

Oct 2013
R- said:
damn, at least put some wendy fanservice

No it's gross.
Don't need to see a little girl strip.

Fuck what everybody say, I'm enjoying the animation, and ive been rewatching the first series in dub, also the animation is still the same when it comes to slideshow fights.

I had to laugh when lily was reading that guy's diary, and Natsu's face at 14:59 speaks look at that ass.

Gray sir, that was bad ass, for a second there at the end you looked like Ace.

5/5 for me, Fairy Tail is still awesome, ive been looking forward to it since Magi left me.
sonicgx11Apr 26, 2014 5:56 AM
Apr 26, 2014 5:54 AM

May 2008
Ice Make! Unlimited Blade Works XD
Apr 26, 2014 6:10 AM

Jul 2013
Memory make sure is convenient magic.
Filler fanservice, because why not? :P
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Apr 26, 2014 6:28 AM

Oct 2013
Forgetful00 said:
Felt the fights from the old fairy tail were better in quality wise, this one was kinda lame, feel like I'm looking at a picture book

Dude the first fairy tail was exactly the same when it came to the fights, face the truth

Besides we are only on episode 4
Apr 26, 2014 7:06 AM

Oct 2011
Gray-sama won AHHHHHHHHHH

Ace is that you. I miss you

Fanservice with Lucy and Mirajane XDD
Apr 26, 2014 7:10 AM

Dec 2013
Phew!
That 'Ice Bringer' that totally stole the victory!

Gray was pulling out some serious magic stunts in that fight.
Though, I still think 'Memory Make' magic is still better in terms of overall strength.
I also kind of wanted a frontal view of Gray when he was wearing Rufus' hat.
But, whatever.

I thought that the part where Natsu's group tried to seduce the guards was pretty funny.
Poor Lucy, getting all but dragged into it.

I can definitely see Juvia and Gray ending up together at this point in time, but it's most likely just me...and the shippers out there.

Looking forward to see what the next episode brings!
'Time Travel' magic: One Week Time! ;D
Apr 26, 2014 7:22 AM

Sep 2013
I liked the previous animation! Someone's stronger than you leave it at that! But no just cuz of your friends you get powerful and how many times will they keep saying those corny lines! So annoying! Bad Episode by the way!
Stupid fillers Boring fight! Wasn't into it at all!
Something with the animation pisses me off! Its making them look like kids! And I'm sure the damages both of them suffered should have at least produced blood.
Kazi9Apr 27, 2014 7:34 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2014 9:07 AM
Mar 2013
Good episode, as usual
Apr 26, 2014 9:19 AM

Jun 2012
Lmfao the animation went back to shit in under 5 episodes? C'mon A-1
Apr 26, 2014 9:34 AM

Aug 2013
Gray, The only man to win a fight only when he took his shirt off!
I am the bone of my sword !
Apr 26, 2014 10:12 AM

Jan 2011
it was ok 3/5
the dialogs were simples and memory make was a weak attack
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Apr 26, 2014 10:24 AM
Jul 2013
What's with that creepy plant?
Don't remember the fight of Gray and Rufus being like that...
Apr 26, 2014 10:56 AM
Dec 2010
the episode was good
but i really can't get into it again like i used too , mainly because of the weak OST
i didn't like it
Apr 26, 2014 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
Mirianime said:
What's with that creepy plant?
Don't remember the fight of Gray and Rufus being like that...

Was filler...

Apr 26, 2014 11:13 AM
Dec 2010
what really bugs me in this episode , rufus is trying to attack grey with the ice knighhts
WTF ?
why ice knights ?
why not flame knight or thunder knights ?
i know this is filler , but this is lame
Apr 26, 2014 11:53 AM

Mar 2014
-----> still waiting for erza's fight !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2014 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
I love that they expanded the fight scene between Gray and Rufus.

I'm hoping they do the same with Erza x Minerxa x Kagura as well as Laxus x Jura.

Apr 26, 2014 1:32 PM

Oct 2013
Nice fanservice.
Apr 26, 2014 2:36 PM

Sep 2009
DeeJaySmirk said:
I like how this show, for the most part, doesn't use willpower as the determining factor. They use more power or something smart. Like how he made the ice make magic to fast for him to read.
Yes good point. It's different from Naruto who just keep coming back up no matter how many times he was defeated, in the end had to borrow kyuubi chakra.

sweet5 said:
This whole time I was like, "there's something missing." Then when gray stripped I was like, " fixed "
LOLOL me too.

Btw is it just me or....Natsu seems pretty excited about see Lucy in her swimsuit. I mean from the last series he is not that interested.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 90 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

143 by Yubisoft »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.