Forum Settings
Forums

U.S. Supreme Court upholds Michigan's ban on affirmative action in admissions to state's public colleges.

New
Apr 22, 2014 8:55 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 23, 2014 1:17 AM

Sep 2013
If illiterate hoodlums get into university simply for being black or hispanic, then something is wrong.

http://www.dailystormer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/src_1376168504539.jpg

*cough*
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Apr 23, 2014 1:33 AM

Aug 2008
RandomChampion said:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/23/us/supreme-court-michigan-affirmative-action-ban.html

Sounds like a step in the right direction

Time to make some white only schools again
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Apr 23, 2014 6:04 AM

Jan 2013
I see no problem with this, in all countries such things need to be killed.

Aid and help should be out there for all people regardless of race and sex based on income. In fact all this is, is another racist policy but swining the other way.
Apr 23, 2014 8:04 AM

Sep 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
I see no problem with this, in all countries such things need to be killed.

Aid and help should be out there for all people regardless of race and sex based on income. In fact all this is, is another racist policy but swining the other way.

Good: Free scholarships for people from poor backgrounds

Bad: Racial quotas

The US government has tried to improve the academic results of blacks and hispanics since the 1960s by pouring billions of dollars into improving majority black and hispanic schools and make them live up to their white counterparts. What has this brought? Next to nothing. Even with all the improvements black and hispanic students still perform way lower than all other ethnic groups in the US.

Now instead of trying to make them perform equal with others any longer, they're lowering the bar for them, installing racial quotas not just in universities, but also in all kinds of public employment. Ironically, with this, they're silently acknowledging that blacks and to a lesser extent hispanics are unable to compete equally with other ethnic groups on an intellectual level and must be privileged to uphold the illusion of a racial egalitarian society.

Apr 23, 2014 8:15 AM

Apr 2014
As a middle class white guy in college, I support affirmative action. I think black people have a lot more obstacles than I do. Especially those living in low income housing. I also believe that education is beneficial for everybody, not just the person receiving it.

There are currently more black men in prison than in college (from the same age group). This is a national problem. I would think that if you are against welfare and government handouts you would support programs that help oppressed people rise up from the bottom and succeed in society. But perhaps you are too myopic and are unable to see things from the bigger picture.
Apr 23, 2014 8:24 AM

Sep 2013
yung-heezy said:

There are currently more black men in prison than in college (from the same age group). This is a national problem. I would think that if you are against welfare and government handouts you would support programs that help oppressed people rise up from the bottom and succeed in society. But perhaps you are too myopic and are unable to see things from the bigger picture.

Of course the number of young black men in prison has absolutely nothing to do with a culture that glorifies thuggery and violence and devalues any kind of education. It also definitely doesn't have anything to do with most black children being brought up without father these days and them not having a positive male role model in their life.

Yes, indeed. It only has to do with oppression and racism.

Apr 23, 2014 10:34 AM

Apr 2014
Shiratori99 said:
yung-heezy said:

Of course the number of young black men in prison has absolutely nothing to do with a culture that glorifies thuggery and violence and devalues any kind of education. It also definitely doesn't have anything to do with most black children being brought up without father these days and them not having a positive male role model in their life.

So you would rather have them in prison than in college?

You must also consider that our current "Justice System" is much more lenient on white American criminals than black American criminals*.

It is also white people who profit off this supposed culture of "thuggery." Who do you think owns the video game companies? Who do you think owns the record labels? who do you think owns the TV stations/websites? Mostly White people (there are definitely exceptions to this). The fatherless child cycle is very difficult to break, and much more complex than black men being lazy.

* http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-penalty-black-and-white-who-lives-who-dies-who-decides
Apr 23, 2014 11:27 AM

Mar 2014
yung-heezy said:
Shiratori99 said:
yung-heezy said:

So you would rather have them in prison than in college?

You must also consider that our current "Justice System" is much more lenient on white American criminals than black American criminals*.

It is also white people who profit off this supposed culture of "thuggery." Who do you think owns the video game companies? Who do you think owns the record labels? who do you think owns the TV stations/websites? Mostly White people (there are definitely exceptions to this). The fatherless child cycle is very difficult to break, and much more complex than black men being lazy.

* http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-penalty-black-and-white-who-lives-who-dies-who-decides

Stop trying to victimize a bunch of thugs.
Apr 23, 2014 1:40 PM

Apr 2014
Why ar4e you equating black people who apply to college as "thugs." Which is the 21st century word for N****r
Apr 23, 2014 1:41 PM

Aug 2008
Shiratori99 said:
The US government has tried to improve the academic results of blacks and hispanics since the 1960s by pouring billions of dollars into improving majority black and hispanic schools and make them live up to their white counterparts. What has this brought? Next to nothing. Even with all the improvements black and hispanic students still perform way lower than all other ethnic groups in the US.

Oh, let's not forget the athletic scholarships, which is chump change compared to what the NCAA is making off of these athletes. Big schools especially capitalize off of these sports.

yung-heezy said:
Why ar4e you equating black people who apply to college as "thugs." Which is the 21st century word for N****r

Interesting, and true.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Apr 23, 2014 1:48 PM

Aug 2008
Affirmative action is BS. I am not even white; I'm Asian. Supposedly, Asians are the ones MOST screwed over by affirmative action (which is incredibly ironic, since AA is supposed to help minorities, and Asians are the smallest minorities in America. There are even more gay Americans than there are Asian Americans). I hope AA gets abolished completely in the future.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 23, 2014 1:59 PM

Sep 2013
yung-heezy said:

You were the one bringing up the local prison population and saying they should be better in college.

KyuuAL said:

Oh, let's not forget the athletic scholarships, which is chump change compared to what the NCAA is making off of these athletes. Big schools especially capitalize off of these sports.

Yeah, that's why they also frequently let these muscle heads pass college without them even having to attend classes, yet alone deliver academic results.

guyklc said:
Affirmative action is BS. I am not even white; I'm Asian. Supposedly, Asians are the ones MOST screwed over by affirmative action (which is incredibly ironic, since AA is supposed to help minorities, and Asians are the smallest minorities in America. There are even more gay Americans than there are Asian Americans). I hope AA gets abolished completely in the future.

Apparently it's your fault for being part of a minority that has no problems competing with whites under equal circumstances.

Mod Edit: double post merged.
ThangLongApr 30, 2014 12:45 PM

Apr 23, 2014 2:14 PM

Jan 2011
Good.
Apr 23, 2014 2:21 PM
Mar 2014
Shiratori99 said:
If illiterate hoodlums get into university simply for being black or hispanic, then something is wrong.

*cough*

Just so you know, you are linking to an article published by a white supremacist newspaper. The fuck, seriously. At least take the time to review your sources.

Secondly, racists enamored with Japanese culture... That doesn't even make sense. Am I the only one to see the irony here ?
Apr 23, 2014 2:29 PM

Sep 2013
camilleanime said:
Shiratori99 said:

*cough*

Just so you know, you are linking to an article published by a white supremacist newspaper. The fuck, seriously. At least take the time to review your sources.

Secondly, racists enamored with Japanese culture... That doesn't even make sense. Am I the only one to see the irony here ?

I know, I follow that site ;)

As you see in the image, the statistics are sourced though. Still, feel free to find sources that prove them wrong.

Apr 23, 2014 2:36 PM

Mar 2014
KyuuAL said:
RandomChampion said:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/23/us/supreme-court-michigan-affirmative-action-ban.html

Sounds like a step in the right direction

Time to make some white only schools again

You mean like when America was ranked higher in education standards?

*drops mic*
Apr 23, 2014 2:46 PM

Mar 2013
As someone who went to the University of Michigan I support this. Saw far too many minorities accepted with lower GPAs and test scores then white counterparts that were rejected. Didn't seem right to me.
Apr 23, 2014 2:51 PM
Mar 2014
Shiratori99 said:
camilleanime said:
Shiratori99 said:

*cough*

I know, I follow that site ;)

As you see in the image, the statistics are sourced though. Still, feel free to find sources that prove them wrong.

If that's how it is, then I just feel really sorry for you. You would think that being a fan of a foreign culture's art would incite you to be more tolerant. I guess not.

As for the statistics being sourced : bullshit. None of them give a clear indication of author, year of publication, journal of publication. And I'm not going to loose my time sourcing some nazi propaganda.

I thought MAL would be a cozy and safe place to discuss anime and manga. Nope, apparently it's a place where people can freely spread their race hatred.

Gotta wonder what mods here are doing with their time.
Apr 23, 2014 2:57 PM

Mar 2014
camilleanime said:

I thought MAL would be a cozy and safe place to discuss anime and manga. Nope, apparently it's a place where people can freely spread their race hatred.

Sorry, spilled my coffee. That's almost sig worthy.
Apr 23, 2014 3:00 PM

Mar 2014
Damn, do you guys frequent Stormfront?
Apr 23, 2014 3:08 PM

Mar 2014
Nvortex said:

No, I just hate the racial white knights and love to piss them off.
Apr 23, 2014 3:12 PM

Sep 2013
camilleanime said:

If that's how it is, then I just feel really sorry for you. You would think that being a fan of a foreign culture's art would incite you to be more tolerant. I guess not.

As for the statistics being sourced : bullshit. None of them give a clear indication of author, year of publication, journal of publication. And I'm not going to loose my time sourcing some nazi propaganda.

Gotta wonder what mods here are doing with their time.

I'm not even white, but yeah, call me a white supremacist, whatever :P

It's not uncommon for neo-nazis to like Japanese people btw. Japan and Germany were not allied in WWII for nothing. As far as the average white nationalist is concerned, Japanese are honorary aryans. And by extension, Chinese and Koreans too, since most of them are so america- or eurocentric that they can't tell the difference between them anyway.
Shiratori99Apr 23, 2014 3:27 PM

Apr 23, 2014 7:26 PM

Jan 2013
Nvortex said:
I only go there on the weekends to keep up with my white power claims. I also one day a week go to Asian power websites to owe up to that part of my ancestory. Then one day I have to go to a slavic board to rinse and repeat the cycle of hate. Like a sith lord it makes me strong.
Apr 23, 2014 8:06 PM

Mar 2011
Shiratori99 said:

It's not uncommon for neo-nazis to like Japanese people btw. Japan and Germany were not allied in WWII for nothing. As far as the average white nationalist is concerned, Japanese are honorary aryans. And by extension, Chinese and Koreans too, since most of them are so america- or eurocentric that they can't tell the difference between them anyway.
...I guess it must be a local attitude if thats true. Or your telling a joke with sarcasm, internet doesn't really give tones to words.

From what affirmative action is, it would seem Michigan St. is applying it the way the state interprets it. Which is fine if the "9 wisest" say its up to a ballot and not the courts.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Apr 23, 2014 8:24 PM

Sep 2013
Silverstorm said:
Shiratori99 said:

...I guess it must be a local attitude if thats true. Or your telling a joke with sarcasm, internet doesn't really give tones to words.

I'm not kidding, I browse WN websites like dailystormer a lot and east asians are the only non-whites that don't get hate from them.

Apr 23, 2014 10:05 PM

Aug 2008
Shiratori99 said:
guyklc said:

Apparently it's your fault for being part of a minority that has no problems competing with whites under equal circumstances.

I once took an Asian American study class in college. The textbook I used slammed the American society for discriminating against Asians, claiming we were the most discriminated against race in America. White people hate us for taking their STEM and higher-educated jobs, while blacks and Latinos resent us for not being successful without government aide.

Apr 23, 2014 10:19 PM

Mar 2014
guyklc said:
Shiratori99 said:
guyklc said:

I once took an Asian American study class in college. The textbook I used slammed the American society for discriminating against Asians, claiming we were the most discriminated against race in America. White people hate us for taking their STEM and higher-educated jobs, while blacks and Latinos resent us for not being successful without government aide.

If you think Asians are anywhere even remotely close to being the most discriminated group in America, or the entire West for that matter, you are sadly mistaken.
Apr 23, 2014 10:41 PM

Aug 2008
Nvortex said:
guyklc said:
Shiratori99 said:
guyklc said:

If you think Asians are anywhere even remotely close to being the most discriminated group in America, or the entire West for that matter, you are sadly mistaken.

First of all, that was not my claim that Asians are the most discriminated group in the US (although I certainly think so in terms of education, as AA clearly demonstrates).

Asians are stereotyped as nerds while they work for their white bosses.

Asians are stereotyped as perpetual foreigners who can never blend in. Many Asian Americans born in America despise their heritage and want nothing to do with it, not being able to speak the language or even want to live in an Asian majority region.

I won't compare to how we fare compared to other minorities in the ages past, but I do not think I am wrong to say that Asians do face considerable discrimination here in the United States. To say so otherwise is honestly insulting.

Apr 23, 2014 11:02 PM

Oct 2009
ban supreme court

mclovinballz said:
I don't care how racist it is, I can't stop laughing at the decline of blacks being accepted into college.

ban college

Mod Edit: double post merged.
ThangLongApr 30, 2014 12:36 PM
Apr 24, 2014 2:14 AM

Mar 2013
Ahahaha.
AA and quotas are a fucking disgusting concept and so no complaints from over here.

This is one of the big reasons I support "equality before the law" instead of "equality within the law", because the latter inevitably leads to retarded situations like AA, which is effectively racism and discrimination in itself. Bloody racial commies.

Race is an outdated topic that shouldn't even exist in terms of policy and law, let's be honest.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.