Forum Settings
Forums

What would you do if you were drafted for war?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 23, 2014 12:18 AM

Sep 2011
Depends who we're fighting and whether they're a threat to my people.

Perhaps it'd be a good excuse to get rid of some pent-up aggression, start collecting scalps or something idk.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Apr 23, 2014 12:27 AM
Dec 2013
Camp and Hardscope.

I mean, Someone like me would get picked on by the adults and start pushing me to the front lines. I'd go for any job that involves jets.
Apr 23, 2014 12:32 AM
Jan 2014
I dont kill or die for my country. That will never happen.
Apr 23, 2014 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
Kill or be killed.

That's war.
Apr 23, 2014 1:00 AM

Aug 2009
It depends on the war.If it was was a war our government deliberately pulled us into like sending a supply ship to one of the sides in a conflict to get bombed like in WWI or provking a county into attacking us by cutting off trade during a time of war then I am refusing the draft. If its one of those we got to spread democracy and stop a particular ideology from spreading like Vietnam was then I am refusing the draft. If its to do defend another country then I am refusing the draft. The only was I would accept a draft is if we are being attacked on US soil and we did nothing to provoke such an attack..
Apr 23, 2014 1:13 AM

Apr 2014
well i would like to fight but i am pretty sure it wont be some glorious battle it would be another pointless war started by someone with twisted mind
Life is Fun! Yeah,try chanting that 10,000 times each day!
it will mess with your head,and all your pain will disappear
Apr 23, 2014 1:30 AM

Dec 2007
If I ever got drafted, I'd probably get kicked out shortly into boot camp for the sleeping disorder :P
Even if they relaxed it enough for me to get through, I'd never get sent to the front lines for the same reason (would YOU want a narcoleptic in your platoon?). That being said, even if it came down to just assisting with analysis and planning, I would participate to the best of my abilities if allowed.
Apr 23, 2014 1:48 AM

Jan 2012
Canada is nice. LOL but seriously. would probably just go with the flow.
Live, Laugh, Love.

Apr 23, 2014 3:28 AM

Dec 2009
Fight. As much as I don't want to, I have to answer the call of duty when my country needs me. For a shitty reason or a good reason, I see it's my obligation to do so.
Apr 23, 2014 3:41 AM

Nov 2011
BryanBossling said:
Depends who we're fighting and whether they're a threat to my people.

Perhaps it'd be a good excuse to get rid of some pent-up aggression, start collecting scalps or something idk.

In modern warfare doing something like that would land you in hot water, even if it was a part in completing your objectives. :V

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1296136/As-Gurkha-disciplined-beheading-Taliban-Thank-God-side.html
The Art of Eight
Apr 23, 2014 3:45 AM

Mar 2012
They'd regret trying to draft me.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Apr 23, 2014 3:47 AM

Nov 2011
Nicole said:

Why? D:
The Art of Eight
Apr 23, 2014 3:48 AM

Mar 2012
dankickyou said:
Nicole said:

Why? D:

I'd give them a good telling off.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Apr 23, 2014 3:52 AM

Nov 2011
Nicole said:
dankickyou said:
Nicole said:

Why? D:

I'm sure there's nothing military men are afraid more than a 20 page lecture on the evils of War by Nicole! D:
The Art of Eight
Apr 23, 2014 3:54 AM

Mar 2012
dankickyou said:
Nicole said:
dankickyou said:
Nicole said:

Why? D:

I'm sure there's nothing military men are afraid more than a 20 page lecture on the evils of War by Nicole! D:

I wouldn't underestimate it.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Apr 23, 2014 4:12 AM

Mar 2011
As a female, it's highly likely that one would end being sexually abused.
Apr 23, 2014 7:34 AM

Sep 2013
Infinite said:

By whom?
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Apr 23, 2014 7:56 AM

Oct 2009
I don't want to end up in a gulag. Please, no.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 23, 2014 7:59 AM

Jan 2013
Shiratori99 said:
Infinite said:

By whom?
Male Soldiers on either side. Combat Arms are of note for this.
Apr 23, 2014 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
azzuRe said:
I don't want to end up in a gulag. Please, no.

No means nothing to Stalin!
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/90/906dd59b2c01371777c9b682016c31c07c72a7a698d7013542e6b53371a8fbb2.jpg
The Art of Eight
Apr 23, 2014 8:06 AM

Sep 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
Shiratori99 said:
Infinite said:

By whom?

I'd say if they get abused by their own comrades your military got a problem with discipline.

Apr 23, 2014 8:11 AM

Jan 2013
Shiratori99 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Shiratori99 said:
Infinite said:

By whom?

I'd say if they get abused by their own comrades your military got a problem with discipline.

In part its that, in another its the d'esprit et de corps, or Morale. Most Male combat infantrymen and the like given they typically have to train harder than the female counter part tends to look down on them. And when a inferior fights along side of you, or against you, well naturally matter of pride...

The Soviets and Israelis never had this problem to a large scale oddly. Well in its own forces. They rape the shit out of others. But then again their training isn't any laxer on Females than Males, so any female that could finish the training was as good as her male coutnerpart. Also given this very few women were in the combat arms, minus as snipers and pilots, and even then at a 100 to 1 ratio.

In many western militaries this ratio is more like 20-100 or so, but thats as the training standards are more lax for the female, and the male, so naturally it breeds resentment in the one hand, contempt in the other. In the US praticularly of note several "reforms" have lead to a dramatic rise in PMC activity. What was once a multi million dollar industry is now in the 100 billion range.
Apr 23, 2014 8:14 AM

Apr 2014
RedArmyShogun said:
Shiratori99 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Shiratori99 said:
Infinite said:

By whom?

I dont think military is safe for women at the time of war as chances of rape and abused are high especially by opponents army

In part its that, in another its the d'esprit et de corps, or Morale. Most Male combat infantrymen and the like given they typically have to train harder than the female counter part tends to look down on them. And when a inferior fights along side of you, or against you, well naturally matter of pride...

The Soviets and Israelis never had this problem to a large scale oddly. Well in its own forces. They rape the shit out of others. But then again their training isn't any laxer on Females than Males, so any female that could finish the training was as good as her male coutnerpart. Also given this very few women were in the combat arms, minus as snipers and pilots, and even then at a 100 to 1 ratio.
Apr 23, 2014 8:16 AM

Jan 2013
Minus your broke quotes up there, its not for the most part. A woman in the Armed services is 75% more likely to be raped than her civilian counterpart. And thats just from her own side. Those numbers are pretty much standard across the global spectrum minus a few points here and there.
Apr 23, 2014 8:18 AM

Aug 2013
Shiratori99 said:
Of course not, they'd execute him in front of his comrades to show that everyone who refuses to fight or thinks of deserting is as good as dead already. That's what they have always done in serious wars until today.
"We could use this man/woman/potato for this necessary non-combat role, ORRRR, shoot them, get bad press, and have to clean it up!"

???
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Apr 23, 2014 8:22 AM

Jan 2013
Mogu-sama said:
Shiratori99 said:
Of course not, they'd execute him in front of his comrades to show that everyone who refuses to fight or thinks of deserting is as good as dead already. That's what they have always done in serious wars until today.
"We could use this man/woman/potato for this necessary non-combat role, ORRRR, shoot them, get bad press, and have to clean it up!"

???

Nonsense. Shoot the Press as well.
RedArmyShogunApr 23, 2014 8:25 AM
Apr 23, 2014 8:25 AM

Aug 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
What could possibly go wrong?
Want to talk?
Club!

Apr 23, 2014 8:26 AM

Jan 2013
Mogu-sama said:
RedArmyShogun said:

In fairness with the UK, Germany, France, the US any of those, if they were in a World War situation that made a draft needed, there will be riots and civil resistance.

The tolertarian means that would be needed to make a draft possible, would make shooting protestors, newmen, and dodgers, par for the course.

I fully expect camps made to imprison the races that Country A was fighting would prop up as well.
Apr 23, 2014 8:27 AM

Sep 2013
Mogu-sama said:
RedArmyShogun said:

Dead men can't talk ~~

Apr 23, 2014 8:28 AM

Feb 2013
Possibility of rape aside, I want to see more women in combat roles.
Apr 23, 2014 8:29 AM

Jan 2013
NTAD said:

If they can hack it I see no problems. But when you have to give them special treatment so some civie clowns can feel happy all you are doing is dooming yourself in the next war. Females for the most are not physically capable of combat roles. Nevermind the mental aspects. Its a matter of genetics.
Apr 23, 2014 8:30 AM

Feb 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
NTAD said:

If they can hack it I see no problems. But when you have to give them special treatment so some civie clowns can feel happy all you are doing is dooming yourself in the next war.
If a woman can't do the same pull-up as a man, she needs to go back to /kit/.
Apr 23, 2014 8:32 AM

Jan 2013
NTAD said:
RedArmyShogun said:
NTAD said:

If they can hack it I see no problems. But when you have to give them special treatment so some civie clowns can feel happy all you are doing is dooming yourself in the next war.

I would say the Soviets in WW2 had a good feel for this, women proved themselves in the capacity of snipers and the like, and they weren't given any special treatment. If she can pull the load of her male coutnerpart, let her in. If not, give her a typewritter, and none of this fairness shit, that gets people killed.
Apr 23, 2014 8:35 AM

Aug 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
I would say the Soviets in WW2 had a good feel for this, women proved themselves in the capacity of snipers and the like, and they weren't given any special treatment. If she can pull the load of her male coutnerpart, let her in. If not, give her a typewritter, and none of this fairness shit, that gets people killed.
Allowing women into front line positions upon the same merits men are held to is fairness

So is keeping those unable to perform out of combat, it's unfair to put your soldiers in unnecessary danger...
Want to talk?
Club!

Apr 23, 2014 8:37 AM

Feb 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
NTAD said:
RedArmyShogun said:
NTAD said:

And I am still okay with this. If she wants to do it and she CAN keep up, let her. But it's really sad to see women be refused combat roles because of stupid moral issues like possibly being raped or being killed when there are physically incapable men being allowed just because they are men...and trust me, they do that. I'd seen some tubby motherfuckers in my stint with the military.

A woman can be killed by a car while crossing the street or by a stray bullet in a neighborhood drive-by, but drop her into combat zone? Oh heeeeell naw.

#Equality
Apr 23, 2014 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
Most likely I would like to get out of such predicament...if I could't..well,nothing to do about it. Who knows,maybe it would be interesting experience. (By that I do not mean killing people but meeting new friends,travelling etc.)
Apr 23, 2014 9:30 AM

Mar 2011
RedArmyShogun said:
Shiratori99 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Shiratori99 said:
Infinite said:

By whom?

To make this clear, even with a very small minority of rape and sexual abuse cases within the military actually ever being reported, the rate of these crimes was found to be several times higher in the US army compared to the civilian populace. If all were reported.... well, that figure is only going to rise.

There are several reasons suggested by various people as to why rape and sexual abuse is so common within the military. Some would say that the sort of people who would join the military are more likely to commit crimes of rape (I am rather iffy about this claim), some say that the stress of fighting and the military in general causes some people to "snap" and commit crimes. The main reasons though are power and consequences. The police does not involve itself in military affairs, thus the military has to police itself. This policing just isn't as good, especially due to the nature of how these crimes would get reported and the nature of the military. If a girl gets raped by a high ranking officer, she would have to tell her superiors, who would probably not be keen on pursuing a case against their own superior. People in the military can use their power to abuse victims and get away with it due to their high rank, and without a police force (instead just a judicial body), rape is much easier to get away with.
Apr 23, 2014 9:53 AM

Jan 2013
NTAD said:
And I am still okay with this. If she wants to do it and she CAN keep up, let her. But it's really sad to see women be refused combat roles because of stupid moral issues like possibly being raped or being killed when there are physically incapable men being allowed just because they are men...and trust me, they do that. I'd seen some tubby motherfuckers in my stint with the military.

A woman can be killed by a car while crossing the street or by a stray bullet in a neighborhood drive-by, but drop her into combat zone? Oh heeeeell naw.

#Equality

Hmm You do find people that don't belong based on them getting in on such and such technical skill, in fact I would say at least for western forces this problem has gotten worse and is why PMC's are in such high demand. The Physical standards are quite laughable..while the mental standards have gone up. Doesn't make for a effective fighting force.

Mogu-sama said:
Allowing women into front line positions upon the same merits men are held to is fairness

So is keeping those unable to perform out of combat, it's unfair to put your soldiers in unnecessary danger...

I'm talking about liberal "fairness" Ie Race and sex quota's if you don't have X amount of X or Y then thats RACIST! As to the last bit thats the burden and responsibility of Command.

Infinite said:

To make this clear, even with a very small minority of rape and sexual abuse cases within the military actually ever being reported, the rate of these crimes was found to be several times higher in the US army compared to the civilian populace. If all were reported.... well, that figure is only going to rise.

There are several reasons suggested by various people as to why rape and sexual abuse is so common within the military. Some would say that the sort of people who would join the military are more likely to commit crimes of rape (I am rather iffy about this claim), some say that the stress of fighting and the military in general causes some people to "snap" and commit crimes. The main reasons though are power and consequences. The police does not involve itself in military affairs, thus the military has to police itself. This policing just isn't as good, especially due to the nature of how these crimes would get reported and the nature of the military. If a girl gets raped by a high ranking officer, she would have to tell her superiors, who would probably not be keen on pursuing a case against their own superior. People in the military can use their power to abuse victims and get away with it due to their high rank, and without a police force (instead just a judicial body), rape is much easier to get away with.

How it goes. They do have policing units in every military around the globe however, but for "reasons" things like this go unpunished and you are left with two options that both are frankly shit.

One punish and report all offenses, in the long run this might cost you a officer or soldier of note. A skilled general using his female aid for his own mistress for example being dismissed could be damaging to a unit.

Or

You ban all females from that service arm, which also carries its own problems.
Apr 23, 2014 1:20 PM

Mar 2014
ibrahim2712 said:
What would you do if you were drafted for a large world war against Russia or Eu or whatever. And the casualties on all sides are extremely high because both countries have advanced strong militaries so its equal power. Would you fight and likely die or would you find a way out?

I would fight because i would feel too terrible when its over that i cowered and didn't fight. Might as well die in glory i guess

I'd had no choice but fight for my homes and freedom. yes I m scared of death but its better to die from bullet then from hunger as civilians mostly die from it in big wars anyways. I have base millitary training, know how to use a riffle so I'd probably die in front lines and I'd be happy knowing that my life was pretty nice and beautifull and interesting all this time (if such war will ever happen I hope it will happen as late as possible because I want to live as long as possible).
please sell me the condom, mister
I would like to fuck my sister!
condoms really worth to keep
I will fuck her very deep!
could you be my condom keeper?
so I could try to fuck her deeper!

please think I m stupid but please dont think I m a troll.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://protpisaenglish.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzn0J8cfrY
Apr 23, 2014 1:28 PM

Oct 2013
I wouldn't do anything. I'd probably hide. I admire soldiers for their discipline but why should I be treated as a pawn of some game between countries? It's a dog eat dog world and I only look after my family and friends. Why should I fight for a country that doesn't give a fak about me? I guess it also depends on what you're going to war for.
Apr 23, 2014 1:30 PM

Apr 2014
I would fuck shit up.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Apr 23, 2014 1:36 PM

Mar 2014
Zarbel said:
I wouldn't do anything. I'd probably hide. I admire soldiers for their discipline but why should I be treated as a pawn of some game between countries? It's a dog eat dog world and I only look after my family and friends. Why should I fight for a country that doesn't give a fak about me? I guess it also depends on what you're going to war for.

technically you would fight for your family and friends not "for country that doesn't give a fak about me". if everyone thinks like you and hides then no families and friends would be defended so everyone will die or live in slavery. thats how country defence works. you fight for your home not for government (in theory at least).
please sell me the condom, mister
I would like to fuck my sister!
condoms really worth to keep
I will fuck her very deep!
could you be my condom keeper?
so I could try to fuck her deeper!

please think I m stupid but please dont think I m a troll.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://protpisaenglish.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzn0J8cfrY
Apr 23, 2014 1:40 PM

Sep 2013
Siscon2000 said:
Zarbel said:

technically you would fight for your family and friends not "for country that doesn't give a fak about me". if everyone thinks like you and hides then no families and friends would be defended so everyone will die or live in slavery. thats how country defence works. you fight for your home not for government (in theory at least).

And if everyone thought like this there'd be no wars anymore.

Apr 23, 2014 1:48 PM

Apr 2014
NTAD said:
RedArmyShogun said:
NTAD said:
RedArmyShogun said:
NTAD said:

#Equality
you can say it like that but nothing gonna change, there will always be people who would say women are weak or etc........
Apr 23, 2014 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
Shiratori99 said:
Siscon2000 said:
Zarbel said:

And if everyone thought like this there'd be no wars anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d8C4AIFgUg
WAR! HUH! YEAH!
Apr 23, 2014 1:49 PM

Oct 2013
Siscon2000 said:
Zarbel said:

We should create an army of motorized patriots
Apr 23, 2014 7:01 PM

Mar 2011
How many militaries actually draft women though. Seems like this question would only apply to men/boys.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Apr 23, 2014 7:02 PM

Apr 2013
I would probably hide in a corner somewhere.
an egomaniac and a fool

Apr 23, 2014 7:14 PM

Jan 2013
Silverstorm said:
How many militaries actually draft women though. Seems like this question would only apply to men/boys.

Bolivia, Chad, Cuba, Eritrea, Israel, Lbya, North Korea, Sudan, and Tunisia.

Norway and Taiwan might soon.
Apr 23, 2014 7:18 PM

Dec 2013
Well, I can't be drafted, 'cause I already served my time... But if it's a world war we're talking about, I'd probably go back in. I'd rather know what's going on and not have to be paranoid that the city I'm living in could get bombed at any random moment... Also, I'd have a gas mask.
sargos7Apr 23, 2014 7:57 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 3 minutes ago

0 by _Nette_ »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 7 hours ago

18 by deg »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 3 hours ago

9 by luckyrune »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 10 hours ago

10 by Dracowyn »»
43 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 2 hours ago

2 by LenRea »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.