Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »
Jan 19, 2016 1:56 PM

Jun 2015
DAYUM EPIC!!!!! no words, there's no doubt netero is now in my favorite characters list. You're a legend netero ;__;
Jan 20, 2016 2:13 PM
Aug 2012
Amazing episode, well done.

Fight was simply great, the ending magnificent and beautiful.
Mar 21, 2016 7:09 PM

Apr 2013
Kek, so they had nuclear bombs all along? What about nuking the palace in the first place instead of fighting you morons??

One of them even entered the palace and left undetected, just drop the bomb right there and end the arc.

People calling this epic and praising Madhouse make me sad for humanity.
Mar 21, 2016 7:24 PM

Aug 2013
nowa_ said:
Kek, so they had nuclear bombs all along? What about nuking the palace in the first place instead of fighting you morons??

One of them even entered the palace and left undetected, just drop the bomb right there and end the arc.

They couldn't just nuke the palace because there would be a shit ton of causalities. Not only were there millions of people right outside the palace, but the capital city, Peijin, is right next to the palace. The nuke definitely would have also completely obliterated the capital city along with the palace. One does not simply nuke the capital of a country ruled by a dictatorship and get away with it. Also, their goal was to reduce the amount of casualties, so it makes sense that they wouldn't want to nuke an area fill with millions of people.
Mar 21, 2016 7:48 PM

Apr 2013
Firelilyx said:
nowa_ said:

They couldn't just nuke the palace because there would be a shit ton of causalities. Not only were there millions of people right outside the palace, but the capital city, Peijin, is right next to the palace. The nuke definitely would have also completely obliterated the capital city along with the palace. One does not simply nuke the capital of a country ruled by a dictatorship and get away with it. Also, their goal was to reduce the amount of casualties, so it makes sense that they wouldn't want to nuke an area fill with millions of people.

If they have the technology to build a bomb like that then they also could've built a bomb big enough to blow up the palace and not the city. Or they could've dropped the bomb in the ant nest way before, I don't know. So many possibilities.
Mar 22, 2016 5:09 AM

Jan 2011
nowa_ said:
Firelilyx said:

If they have the technology to build a bomb like that then they also could've built a bomb big enough to blow up the palace and not the city. Or they could've dropped the bomb in the ant nest way before, I don't know. So many possibilities.

well you said there's many possibilities and what happened was one of these is possibility , now it's useless to compare what happened with how much this realistic because it's anime , at the end this fight was netreo desire, he want to fight someone stronger than him , maybe this sound silly for you , but it's anime logic at the end always there's this type of things happen .

of course you can dislike this , and at the same time we can call this epic , no need to be sad for stupid thing like this .
Mar 30, 2016 3:12 PM

Jun 2014
nice twist at the end, didn't see that coming. but could someone please slap the narrator? he's so annoying and destroys good scenes with overnarrating. i'd love to see gon snapping next time, he's been sitting and waiting in the same position for the last 10 episodes.
Apr 1, 2016 2:39 PM

Jan 2011
haveacigar said:
nice twist at the end, didn't see that coming. but could someone please slap the narrator? he's so annoying and destroys good scenes with overnarrating. i'd love to see gon snapping next time, he's been sitting and waiting in the same position for the last 10 episodes.

The narrator is the final boss
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Apr 21, 2016 6:49 PM

May 2013
nowa_ said:
Firelilyx said:

Getting a plane to drop it would be unreasonable considering the ants abilities and most of the people able survive long enough to activate the bomb aren't going to sacrifice themselves while killing millions of innocents.
Apr 22, 2016 6:11 AM

Oct 2013
nowa_ said:
Firelilyx said:

The thing is not about the bomb being big enough and not only there were political and ethical reasons for not nuking the palace but also practical as well. They didn't know the abilities of their enemies and they weren't sure the bomb would be effective as the palace had very deep bunkers. Also they chose the selection day to attack because they thought the King would be there, they didn't know if the King was there or underground until that day.

They couldn't bomb the Nest before in NGL because 1)they thought they had more time before the King was born 2)Your first solution is never nuking something before you can assess the situation (nuking is always the last resort.... because it has so many grave cosequences on many levels).

All this was stated explicitly or not in the anime, you probably don't remember ot didn't pay attention.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
May 5, 2016 6:26 PM

Oct 2015
Madhouse delivering it in the most perfect way possible. The OSTs were absolutely breathtaking.
The way Togashi has written this fight... In my opinion, it's an absolute masterpiece. This episode was one of the peaks of Hunter x Hunter. As much as I loved the fight between them, I cannot help but admire the ending even more. The chills were too much this time. Just as the Rose appeared and the ending started was magnificent.
And the way Netero gave Meruem the bird lol. The most epic way to give the middle finger.
∞/5
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
May 6, 2016 10:02 PM

Jan 2016
Greatest Old Man
Greatest Villain
Greatest Fight
Greatest Episode
Greatest Anime
Greatest Manga
Greatest Mangaka

Fuck everything else, i'm out.
Jun 12, 2016 9:28 PM

Jun 2016
Netero's face and line at the end. "Meruem, King of Ants, you understand nothing of humanity's infinite potential for evolution!" will haunt me forever. Damn, what an episode. One of the best ever.
Jun 14, 2016 5:15 AM

Mar 2015
Kittens-kun said:
I know this thread is old but, I find it funny how a Naruto dickrider is talking about non-existent asspulls in HxH, when the last arc of Naruto is FULL of them. LOL. So he can ignore the asspulls in Naruto, but can make up one so he can shit on HxH? Nice.

Dude, let's be honest. An overwhelming majority of people who claim HxH is the greatest shounen ever and diss Naruto do so because they think it makes them 'cool'. Lel.

Truth is, both are great, and both have flaws.

I was posting in a Kabaneri thread and I saw this flaming hater pointing out each and every tiny tiny incoherence in Kabaneri's plot... which made me think... I can guarantee you I could grab a pen and a notebook and find at least 5 relatively major errors/incoherences in every HxH episode. 100%, definitely guaranteed.

My point being: don't act like HxH is flawless (or nearly flawless) cause this simply is not true.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Jun 14, 2016 6:30 AM

Mar 2012
RedaJaNai said:
Kittens-kun said:
I know this thread is old but, I find it funny how a Naruto dickrider is talking about non-existent asspulls in HxH, when the last arc of Naruto is FULL of them. LOL. So he can ignore the asspulls in Naruto, but can make up one so he can shit on HxH? Nice.

Dude, let's be honest. An overwhelming majority of people who claim HxH is the greatest shounen ever and diss Naruto do so because they think it makes them 'cool'. Lel.

I was posting in a Kabaneri thread and I saw this flaming hater pointing out each and every tiny tiny incoherence in Kabaneri's plot... which made me think... I can guarantee you I could grab a pen and a notebook and find at least 5 relatively major errors/incoherences in every HxH episode. 100%, definitely guaranteed.

My point being: don't act like HxH is flawless (or nearly flawless) cause this simply is not true.

It's hard not to act like HxH is flawless when I can't find any flaws. And every flaw anyone mentioned lies within their misunderstanding of it, so far all flaws have a record of being the watcher's own fault.

Comments like yours expect some "consolation prize", as in, I have to somehow regard something as a flaw in the series even if I think it's brilliant, just to appease your fabricated rule of "everything has a flaw".
Feel free to proce me wrong.
End Zionazism
Jun 14, 2016 7:16 AM

Mar 2015
Mikasa said:
RedaJaNai said:

It's hard not to act like HxH is flawless when I can't find any flaws. And every flaw anyone mentioned lies within their misunderstanding of it, so far all flaws have a record of being the watcher's own fault.

Comments like yours expect some "consolation prize", as in, I have to somehow regard something as a flaw in the series even if I think it's brilliant, just to appease your fabricated rule of "everything has a flaw".
Feel free to proce me wrong.

wow... just wow... where to begin...

"It's hard not to act like HxH is flawless when I can't find any flaws. And every flaw anyone mentioned lies within their misunderstanding of it, so far all flaws have a record of being the watcher's own fault."

That gotta be the most blatantly biased opinion I've read about a show, ever, and that's saying something... I mean, you're trolling, right? Please tell me you are...

Look I'm not gonna go ahead and rewatch the first 100 or so episodes of HxH but DUDE I assure you there are a lot moments where the plot didn't make any sense, or moments where there were incoherences/mistakes/baffling events. And that's OKAY. Nobody expects absolute perfection from a show obviously (unlike you, apparently). Like, how is that even debatable?!

EVERY SHOW EVER has flaws. Like, fucking DUH. Acting like HxH has literally zero flaws (as you said) proves you're either 1-legitimately braindead retarded or 2-swinging on Togashi's nutsack. I'm going with the latter.
Jun 14, 2016 7:49 AM

Mar 2012
RedaJaNai said:

"It's hard not to act like HxH is flawless when I can't find any flaws. And every flaw anyone mentioned lies within their misunderstanding of it, so far all flaws have a record of being the watcher's own fault."

That gotta be the most blatantly biased opinion I've read about a show, ever, and that's saying something... I mean, you're trolling, right? Please tell me you are...

Bias
noun
inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.

Bias implies I have either not yet watched the show or haven't gotten around to weighing its flaws against its good points.
Me, I already have, and simply decided none of the moments were flaws. That's not really hard to understand, I think.
I have written on this forum about every single moment in HxH and why it's good, so no, there's no bias here.

Look I'm not gonna go ahead and rewatch the first 100 or so episodes of HxH but DUDE I assure you there are a lot moments where the plot didn't make any sense, or moments where there were incoherences/mistakes/baffling events.

No one is asking you to, all I said was, all the flaws already mentioned here, HAD in fact, been rebuked objectively as either logical fallacies or not really actual flaws. (e.g an asspull not really being an asspull, but rather the watcher/reader not being intelligent enough to see it.)

See, in the HxH forums, you don't just see people attacking you for your opinion, they simply prove you wrong.
What's so special about HxH fans, such as myself? Nothing, absolutely nothing. It's just that HxH's quality makes it extremely easy to defend. I.e, it's pretty fucking good.

And that's OKAY. Nobody expects absolute perfection from a show obviously (unlike you, apparently). Like, how is that even debatable?!

I never expected perfection from any show. Some shows just surprise me.

EVERY SHOW EVER has flaws. Like, fucking DUH. Acting like HxH has literally zero flaws (as you said) proves you're either 1-legitimately braindead retarded or 2-swinging on Togashi's nutsack. I'm going with the latter.

Then how about naming one or two of those flaws rather than resorting to insults? Or are you afraid you'll be proven wrong?

Like I said, you're literally telling me "YOU HAVE to HATE this (insert whatever moment you think of as a flaw) moment and think of it as a flaw otherwise you're a troll braindead huntard"
End Zionazism
Jun 14, 2016 8:19 AM

Mar 2015
Mikasa said:
RedaJaNai said:

Look I'm not gonna go ahead and rewatch the first 100 or so episodes of HxH but DUDE I assure you there are a lot moments where the plot didn't make any sense, or moments where there were incoherences/mistakes/baffling events.

No one is asking you to

Then how about naming one or two of those flaws rather than resorting to insults?

ok...

Again... I'm currently downloading the episodes and deleting them as soon as I'm done watching them so no I'm not gonna re-download them.

Again, there definitely were moments where mistakes/errors/incoherences happened (I(m not even taking about asspull btw). Like, duuuude, this is a FACT. Do you seriously believe that HxH is likely the only piece of entertainment ever not to include any incoherence/mistakes AT ALL?!

If so, dude, you might be alone. I'm willing to bet that even die-hard HxH fans would not be willing to go as far to say that LITERALLY EACH AND EVERY SECOND OF HXH IS ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS (that's what you're basically saying).
Jun 14, 2016 8:21 AM

Mar 2015
Also, LOL @ the 'it's not a flaw you're just too retarded to notice the sheer amazing nature of HxH!!!11' argument. I'm speechless.
Jun 14, 2016 8:28 AM

Mar 2012
Do you seriously believe that HxH is likely the only piece of entertainment ever not to include any incoherence/mistakes AT ALL?!

I never said it's the only one. I only said it's definitely one of them.

If so, dude, you might be alone. I'm willing to bet that even die-hard HxH fans would not be willing to go as far to say that LITERALLY EACH AND EVERY SECOND OF HXH IS ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS (that's what you're basically saying).

I don't really care what they say. I only care about whether they can back it up with decent arguments. Is there a flaw? We can have a discussion. Simple.

I'm speechless

You talk quite a lot for someone who's speechless.

All I did was point out a simple statistic. HxH has reportedly never had a plot hole, PIS, CIS, asspull, or a cliche moment. I say statistic because so far all the ones mentioned have been rebuked and disregarded.
End Zionazism
Jun 17, 2016 12:46 PM
May 2012
The animation was killing me!
RIP NETERO.
Jun 25, 2016 3:57 AM

Oct 2015
RedaJaNai said:
True! But the reason he/she indicated is one of the dumbest imo. It is, in no way a flaw. If you wanna talk about flaws, you should talk about the below average pacing of this arc.

The bomb is in no way an asspull, period.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Jun 25, 2016 6:02 AM

Mar 2015
Mikasa said:
Do you seriously believe that HxH is likely the only piece of entertainment ever not to include any incoherence/mistakes AT ALL?!

I never said it's the only one. I only said it's definitely one of them.

I don't really care what they say. I only care about whether they can back it up with decent arguments. Is there a flaw? We can have a discussion. Simple.

I'm speechless

You talk quite a lot for someone who's speechless.

All I did was point out a simple statistic. HxH has reportedly never had a plot hole, PIS, CIS, asspull, or a cliche moment. I say statistic because so far all the ones mentioned have been rebuked and disregarded.

... I'd rather have a discussion with a troll than you. I'm done here.
Jun 25, 2016 7:21 AM

Mar 2012
Concession taken into consideration, despite the lack of grace and maturity.
End Zionazism
Jul 17, 2016 8:19 PM
Jul 2018
For all the hype and build up that fight was pretty fucking shit.
Sep 20, 2016 9:35 AM

Aug 2010
OMGG after this fight Netero has my admiration for his unyielding spirit! And I was surprised that Meruem felt a sense of respect and admiration for Netero! That, along with the recent development in his thoughts, actually made me waver and think that maybe, just maybe, Meruem has the potential to not be "the ultimate evil" after all :3 And dayum, that last line of Meruem's hit me at all the right places after all the feels I have watching their fight! Go Netero and all of the infinite possibilities of humanity! XD

Although if I have a complaint it would be that I wish they show more actual action scenes/moves and not as much of their facial expressions while they're voicing out their thoughts - just a slight change in the ratio

So Netero is probably dead (not that surprising, given the number of death flags). While I highly doubt the King is dead, possibly just injured... Seeing his physical toughness I really can't see him being dead orz

Ah so it is because of the name of the bomb that we've been seeing the rose imagery for awhile now
blue-ySep 20, 2016 9:48 AM
Oct 23, 2016 1:46 AM

Dec 2012
Holy shit! GOAT episode.

That DBZ scene tho!

Of course Meruem felt fear. Did you see his face? Creepy AF. Even I felt fear.

NTR had a Raid bomb inside of him. LMAO

RIP NTR. I'll miss your NTR-ing.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 24, 2016 7:52 AM

Sep 2015
That's was an epic fight. Pretty sad how being born with talent can overcome experience and training... Rip Chairman Netero, let's hope your death wasn't in vain.
Nov 22, 2016 5:55 PM

Jun 2016
Because the fact that the bomb was low budget was so important.

RIP ISAAC NETERO, U WILL BE MISSED.
Nov 23, 2016 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
DiangeloKun18 said:
Because the fact that the bomb was low budget was so important.

RIP ISAAC NETERO, U WILL BE MISSED.

Actually it was in a sense important. It wasn't even the greatest technological achievement by humans that dealt with this threat, it was a low budget bomb that could be mass produced by some small country... it gives you perspective. That's why you can think in a different light what Netero said "don't underestimate the human race Meruem..." ... It becomes actually laughable that Meruem even considered he could dominate the human species by his sheer strength alone.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Dec 7, 2016 7:09 PM
Nov 2014
Oh fuck....what a fight. Totally didn't expect Netero to self destruct at the end after giving Meruem the answer he wants, great twist.

If there is a hell, I'll see you there. RIP Netero.
Jan 2, 2017 6:23 AM
Jun 2016
This has got to be one of the most epic episodes in anime yet.
Jan 26, 2017 5:01 AM
Oct 2016
Netero reminded me of the black knight when he kept fighting after losing limbs, "tis but a scratch!"

That was such a good episode, his death was beautiful!
Feb 2, 2017 2:07 AM
Dec 2016
that was incredible wtf
Feb 12, 2017 5:23 PM

Feb 2016
rip Netero. He is truely one of the most badass fighters in anime history. I'm wondering if a bomb of that small size could cause such a huge explosion nowadays lol. I really hope we get to see some Hisoka again.
Apr 16, 2017 12:35 AM

Jul 2014
NETEROOOOOO!!!! Shiiiiitttttttt!!! I don't want him to die but he really went out beautifully!! But stillllllll shittttttt nooooooooooooooo Dx

This was one hell of an episode. Ughhhh!!! T_T
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 29, 2017 12:49 AM

May 2015
Wow.........just holy shit. This is definitely going down as one of my favorite fights in all of anime. Like damn, Madhouse, you really outdid yourself this time. Netero is definitely one of the most badass old timers in anime history and the way Meruem learned of his name was really well-done. Definitely one of my favorite episodes of HxH so far.
May 8, 2017 2:32 PM

Mar 2016
holy fucking shit. this shit was fucking phenomenal. 10000/5
May 22, 2017 11:41 PM

Jun 2008
No way, does Netero actually die??
HEY!
Jul 4, 2017 4:04 AM

May 2016
I only have one thing to say

R.I.P Netero
Oct 8, 2017 7:02 AM

Apr 2015
damn Netero was my favourite character :(
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Oct 27, 2017 6:10 PM

Oct 2015
Farewell Netero, you utter badass. What an episode..

All those characterizations from both characters... I loved how everything came together from Netero's serenity and prayers to Meruem's curiosity and games with Komugi.
Dec 10, 2017 3:14 AM

May 2013
NETERO-JII!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK

Holy shit. He impressed me too many times to count in this episode D: if there's any place YOU'RE going, I doubt it's hell... D:

Oh my gosh. The way he stopped his bleeding leg-- my jaw dropped.

Gon is pretty impressive this ep too :3 but Netero is on a whole 'nother level O____O
Dec 29, 2017 4:05 PM

Aug 2017
This has been by far the best fight scene in anime history. The execution and epicness rose to a 100/10 ranking. This was phenomenal. It has been a pleasure viewing this anime.

Netero's 100 type Guanyin Bodhisattva is incredibly strong. However, Meruem recovered very quickly with minor scratches. This is crazy. I'm convinced that he is stronger than Netero.

I love the scenes when there was the needle, the miniature rose, space ,etc. They were all very symbolic and impactful.

That ending though when Netero did that
It was spectacular!!!!

5/5

Dec 29, 2017 6:58 PM
Mar 2017
"If there is a hell, I'll see you there"

RIP Netero
Jan 25, 2018 11:19 PM

Mar 2016
That fight is too quick even though it takes this whole episode! And that rose bomb at the end is just INSANE! The suicide rose bomb is basically a mini-nuke...
I guess Meruem does not have any abilities besides his physical abilities, but holy fuck he's tough af...

Netero's last words in his condition manage to scare even Meruem! Now Meruem could feel how terrifying humanity are...
May 13, 2018 8:23 AM

Jul 2015
Pertaining to one of Netero's final quotes:

Other than that 10/10 -- symbolism was on point.
Rose_BombSep 3, 2018 7:29 PM
Aug 12, 2018 4:14 AM

Mar 2018
Animation: 5/5
Dialogue/Narration: 5/5
The Fight: 5/5

Enjoyment: 81818727478382929191919/5
Aug 21, 2018 10:41 AM

Mar 2017
You know which word is overused? Epic. You know which word is 100% applicable to this episode? Fucking EPIC!

Netero is definitely the biggest badass in this series, and considering the amount of badasses we've seen so far, that's saying A LOT. Also, he doesn't need to call in a nuclear strike. He freaking IS the nuclear strike! How awesome is that?!?! I mean, too bad he had to die, and was unable to best the king in one-on-one combat... but if I could choose a way to go out, I would definitely choose this to: Saying a bunch of cool one-liners and then becoming an atomic explosion.

Sweeeeeeet.

/edit: Also, this episode turned me neterosexual.
Aug 21, 2018 11:57 AM

Dec 2014
wait did netero died…like how I was not expecting that…. Things keep on getting oddly better
Pages (16) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Apr 15, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kisami - Jun 23, 2012

208 by zainpog »»
Apr 13, 6:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.