Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2014 12:59 PM

Apr 2010
Great episode. I remember hoping until the end for Netero to win while reading the manga..... he sure went out with a bang alright
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Apr 22, 2014 1:02 PM

Oct 2013
That was one of the best and epic fights I have ever watched!!!! And that was not only because of the abilities but also because of the depth of their inner thoughts, the metaphors and psychological implications...

This anime is the only that makes me say HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIT so many times....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Apr 22, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2012
ValeBreck said:

It's really impossible to discuss with you, you are such an annoying being
Why the hell do you think Netero assumed Zeno ONLY to separate the king from the royal guards? If Netero didn't already plan to explode, he would have assumed him to fight with the King too, but evidently you are too stupid to understand such a simple thing.

It's not my fault that you can't gasp the actual hints.

Assumed? what? do you mean another word here?

Netero hired Zeno only to separate the King, he didn't pay him to fight with him because of the high money fee he would pay, that was Netero's reason as stated by him, if I remember correctly. That's not specifically relevant to the bomb, since it could have been written as Netero being confident in winning by himself.

Relax guy. Don't blame you inability to express your thoughts clearly and your lack of deductive reasoning on me.
Apr 22, 2014 1:05 PM

Dec 2009
YOU DID IT, MADHOUSE ;_;
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 22, 2014 1:09 PM

May 2013
Absolutely stunning. Thanks,Madhouse. And R.I.P.,Netero.
Apr 22, 2014 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
@Tsudecimo

If this is Deus Ex Machina and asspull..... actually I'll stop here.

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Apr 22, 2014 1:14 PM

Oct 2008
Oh dang. That was a crazy ending.

Dec 2012
soundscape said:
@Tsudecimo
If this is Deus Ex Machina and asspull..... actually I'll stop here.

tsudecimo said:
The corner thing is a Deus ex Machina, and I'm not calling it that. I'm merely calling it an asspull

Aug 2010
Amazing! Just amazing! Really brilliantly done. Based MH :D

The fight was so amazing I was tearing up from epicness throughout T^T

The animation of how Meruem was being sling shotted left-right-up-down and just coming back more and more and more was so EPIC!

Netero's prayer being fast enough to stop time and Meruem's use of all his experience playing against Komugi to figure out where the nxt attack will be coming from.

The way Meruem analyzed Netero's training method in a few seconds was O_O This guy is just tooo BA!

Until he cut Netero's leg off! The way Netero just closed his wound and continued fighting was epic!

And then the left hand sent flying! But still praying with one hand! DAT ZERO WAS EPICNESS OVERLOAD!

And damn Netero looked like a mess after it O_O.

What takes the cake was his face when he was activating the bomb O~O THAT WAS CREEPY AS F***!! WTH NETERO! I won't be able to sleep now XD No wonder Meruem felt fear XD

DAT BOMB was animated so GOOD!! FRIGGIN DAMN EPIC!!! RIP Netero! U were one of the most BA old men ever!!! And Meruem, sorry dude, u were friggin awesome and I loved u but checkmate.

And nxt ep seems awesome too. Pouf's face O_O And GON vs F***n PITOU??? FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.< HYPE HYPE HYPE!
Apr 22, 2014 1:15 PM

Nov 2013
ValeBreck said:

Why the hell do you think Netero assumed Zeno ONLY to separate the king from the royal guards? If Netero didn't already plan to explode, he would have assumed him to fight with the King too, but evidently you are too stupid to understand such a simple thing.

I think it's just best to ignore people like him as there's no point in trying to reason with a fool, it's pointless and is a waste of time. Just ignore him and let him whine in peace, from the reactions I've seen everyone loved this episode, who cares if he one person didn't like it, don't let him ruin your enjoyment
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Apr 22, 2014 1:16 PM

Dec 2012
I'm fucking clapping right now. THAT.. that, was one of the best Hunter x Hunter episodes ever made. That is all I can say right now. Amazing.
Apr 22, 2014 1:16 PM

May 2013
Just finished the episode and OMG that was just awesome! Dat animation, the ost, voice actors of Netero and Meruem were phenomenal.. loved every second of it!! This might become my favorite action episodes, can't wait to see it in HD.

R.I.P Chairman Netero and thank you for your service!!!
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Apr 22, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2013
That was one of the best episodes I've seen in anime, ever. ∞/5
Apr 22, 2014 1:20 PM
Mar 2013
tsudecimo said:
ValeBreck said:

Netero hired Zeno only to separate the King, he didn't pay him to fight with him because of the high money fee he would pay, that was Netero's reason as stated by him, if I remember correctly. That's not specifically relevant to the bomb, since it could have been written as Netero being confident in winning by himself.

Relax guy. Don't blame you inability to express your thoughts clearly and your lack of deductive reasoning on me.
tsudecimo said:
ValeBreck said:

tsudecimo said:
ValeBreck said:

Call it an aspull or whatever you want but the way Togashi sets up his ideas for an arc is different from others. He plans the start and ending of the arc first and asks himself questions like "How can I resolve the arc/ fights in a way that hasn't been done before?"
He attempts to create an unique ending or resolution that few or none has done before and avoids shonen clichés.

And after that the middle part of the arc is what he has to come up with as he goes.
IchinoezApr 22, 2014 1:23 PM
Apr 22, 2014 1:20 PM

Aug 2010
I want to give Hunter x Hunter all of my 10s.
This is truly a masterpiece.
Apr 22, 2014 1:22 PM

Feb 2013
I've been waiting to see this part animated for so long and it was amazing. Some of the stuff coming up could have been handled better but the CA arc is one of my favorite story arcs.
Apr 22, 2014 1:24 PM
Mar 2013
A_Fat_Man said:
I've been waiting to see this part animated for so long and it was amazing. Some of the stuff coming up could have been handled better but the CA arc is one of my favorite story arcs.

Not sure what you think could've been handled better, I was surprised how well they handled the gore of the episode when you compare it to the Killua vs Jones scene
Apr 22, 2014 1:26 PM

Aug 2011
tsudecimo said:
ValeBreck said:

Not my fault if I'm not english.
And Netero never said that. Also, it wouldn't make any sense since he even thought Neferpitou was stronger than him. That, plus all the other hints made it clear that something like that was going to happen.

If anyone lacks deductive reasoning, it is you.

KitsuneKomugi said:
ValeBreck said:

I think it's just best to ignore people like him as there's no point in trying to reason with a fool, it's pointless and is a waste of time. Just ignore him and let him whine in peace, from the reactions I've seen everyone loved this episode, who cares if he one person didn't like it, don't let him ruin your enjoyment

I always try to make people understand, but yeah, I should probably leave him be, since he's just here to provoke people and I can barely sustain a normal conversation in english.
Apr 22, 2014 1:30 PM

Dec 2012
Ichinoez said:

Call it an aspull or whatever you want but the way Togashi sets up his ideas for an arc is different from others. He plans the start and ending of the arc first and asks himself questions like "How can I resolve the arc/ fights in a way that hasn't been done before"
He attempts to create an unique ending or resolution that few or none has done before and the middle part of the arc is what he has to come up with as he goes.

Sure Togashi puts and setup different ideas and what not, but that is not inherently a good thing or a guarantee for quality. Perfect example imo is the Chimera ant arc, where the different aspects were handled poorly. I'm not sure I would call a suicidal bomb ''original'' or ''never done before''. Don't get me wrong I think Togashi is one of the best mangaka out there in terms of imaginary, execution, ideas and writing, and HxH is my second favorite battle anime of all time but

Togashi dropped the ball on this arc. This is no where close to Yorknew's quality imo, with the inconsistencies, the asspulls and possible deus ex machina, the focus on trivial characters, the pesudo psychological parts, the handling of Gon's character, the ending, the narration, the pacing and the length. To each his own.
Apr 22, 2014 1:33 PM

Aug 2010
Anyone calling it an asspull! What would u prefer this or someone like Gon beating Meruem? C'mon people, this is the best ending for Meruem possible...
Apr 22, 2014 1:35 PM

Nov 2012
The king is so full of himself. I completely agreed with Netero when he made that insect speech. Does he really think he can defeat ALL the humans? There's fucking Hisoka the Phantom Troupe, plus the top 5 Hunters in the world including Gon's father. And if none of them can beat him we still have the Atomic and Nuclear bomb developers.

Anyways the next episode looks interesting. It seems time's up for the neko.
Apr 22, 2014 1:38 PM

Jun 2012
Aichiro said:
The king is so full of himself. I completely agreed with Netero when he made that insect speech. Does he really think he can defeat ALL the humans? There's fucking Hisoka the Phantom Troupe, plus the top 5 Hunters in the world including Gon's father. And if none of them can beat him we still have the Atomic and Nuclear bomb developers.

He can. The King is the absolute strongest being ever created in the Hunter x Hunter universe. No human being, Top Hunter or not, is on par with him. He could kill Hisoka and The Phantom Troupe in the blink of an eye.

Now, nuclear bombs are another different topic...
Andan210Apr 22, 2014 1:41 PM
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Apr 22, 2014 1:38 PM

Oct 2011
Wow just wow...
Apr 22, 2014 1:41 PM

May 2013
That was epic.

Dec 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Anyone calling it an asspull! What would u prefer this or someone like Gon beating Meruem? C'mon people,

No. But a better conclusion would be nice. Also that kinda spoils future events.

Jul 2012
Best episode of the series. PERIOD!!!!11
Apr 22, 2014 1:42 PM
Apr 2013
What more needs to be said, really? Epic and perfect. You can't get any better than that.
Apr 22, 2014 1:43 PM

Aug 2008
I think it's the first time a major character died and I absolutely have nothing to say and not feeling sad or whatsoever (well, I got spoiled that Netero will die, but not how). Netero was so determined and a strong character, he himself was accepting his fate.

Now, it has 9 episodes left supposedly, I wonder how the story will continue!

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
ValeBreck said:

Even though I bet some people will still complain, not understanding the true meaning behind what happened.

What is the true meaning behind that asspull?

Coming from the guy who has Naruto as his avatar and gave Naruto Shippuden a 10. If this episode was an asspull, I wonder what the hell the Naruto manga is at this moment?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 2013
well fuck, that episode left me speechless. simply amazing
Apr 22, 2014 1:44 PM

Aug 2012
that was amazing easily in my top 5 hxh episodes. the animation, direction, and character designs were beautiful throughout there literally wasn't a single frame that was lacking in quality. even though i had already read this in the manga it gave me the same feeling (if not more intense) as when i first read these chapters...i really don't see how anyone could give this anything less than a 5/5

Sep 2012
Meruem: The Chimera Ants have a King.
Netero: We have a Rose.

Splendid! Ha!Ha!

Jan 2014
Uber_Dewber said:
I'm fucking clapping right now. THAT.. that, was one of the best Hunter x Hunter episodes ever made. That is all I can say right now. Amazing.

Scratch that, this was one of the best episodes in ANY ANIME ever made, no doubt about that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2014 1:45 PM

Oct 2013
@Tsudecimo

Now we have pseudo-psychological in the vocabulary too.... Well, no need to answer.

Feb 2013
Ichinoez said:
A_Fat_Man said:

Not sure what you think could've been handled better, I was surprised how well they handled the gore of the episode when you compare it to the Killua vs Jones scene

I was talking about stuff that happens later on in this arc.

Dec 2012
kontrared said:
tsudecimo said:
ValeBreck said:

Even though I bet some people will still complain, not understanding the true meaning behind what happened.

Coming from the guy who has Naruto as his avatar and gave Naruto Shippuden a 10. If this episode was an asspull, I wonder what the hell the Naruto manga is at this moment?

I wouldn't know since I'm not a manga reader, I follow the anime. The bomb was the asspull, not the entire episode.

Is that a nipple..

soundscape said:
@Tsudecimo

Now we have pseudo-psychological in the vocabulary too.... Well, no need to answer.

I don't know what you mean by this but okay. I don't believe I asked for an answer from you.
Apr 22, 2014 1:47 PM

Jul 2011
Masterful episode and the manga's coming back in June.. today couldn't be a better day.
AeserumApr 22, 2014 1:51 PM
Apr 22, 2014 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
@Tsud

Well aren't you a witty one..... I am checkmated....
Apr 22, 2014 1:50 PM

Dec 2012
kontrared said:
Uber_Dewber said:

Scratch that, this was one of the best episodes in ANY ANIME ever made, no doubt about that.
Well said.
Apr 22, 2014 1:52 PM

Nov 2012
Jesus christ >.< What an utterly amazing episode o.o Great animation, great soundtrack, great, no, awesome fight! Will surely not forget this episode >.< Very sad by what happened but was kind of expecting it (I don't read the manga, don't know how I resist the urge xD) but it shocked me alot nontheless. It's so rare in animes to see the vilain win, specially against one of the most powerful chars in the anime. Just awesome. Oh! Netero's face near the end o.o holy shit it scared the crap out of me! And dat bomb o.o beautiful, a fitting ending.
Apr 22, 2014 1:53 PM

Nov 2013
People can we stop complaining about the bomb? Yes it's an asspull and I would've prefered the strongest character in the series to go out in a better, more satisfying way but it's still amazing.

Let's talk about the fight and the godlike animation.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 22, 2014 1:54 PM

Jul 2013
No it was foreshadowed.
Apr 22, 2014 1:55 PM

Aug 2011
Andan210 said:
Aichiro said:

He can. The King is the absolute strongest being ever created in the Hunter x Hunter universe. No human being, Top Hunter or not, is on par with him. He could kill Hisoka and The Phantom Troupe in the blink of an eye.

Meruem is a god, humans can't defeat him. But since humans are evil, they will eventually find a dirty way to do it. Like Netero did. Netero challanged Meruem to a fair fight, yet he used a bomb to kill him, a bomb which has the form of a rose. However there still was a good side in Netero, since he admitted defeat by telling the king his name, inside himself he admitted the superiority of chimera ants, and this is exactly why humans have to get rid of them.
Apr 22, 2014 1:56 PM

Jun 2012
GuusWayne said:
People can we stop complaining about the bomb? Yes it's an asspull and I would've prefered the strongest human character in the series to go out in a better, more satisfying way but it's still amazing.

Fixed.
Apr 22, 2014 1:58 PM

Dec 2012
GuusWayne said:
People can we stop complaining about the bomb? Yes it's an asspull and I would've prefered the strongest character in the series to go out in a better, more satisfying way but it's still amazing.

Everything from the fight to the animation was perfect this episode. Also, I thought the ending was satisfying. Not going down without making an impact.
Apr 22, 2014 1:58 PM

Nov 2013
Andan210 said:
GuusWayne said:
People can we stop complaining about the bomb? Yes it's an asspull and I would've prefered the strongest human character in the series to go out in a better, more satisfying way but it's still amazing.

Fixed.
I'm refering to the King, he's also a character if you didn't know. I don't care as much about Netero, he was already defeated.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 22, 2014 1:59 PM

Jun 2012
ValeBreck said:
Andan210 said:
Aichiro said:

Meruem is a god, humans can't defeat him. But since humans are evil, they will eventually find a dirty way to do it. Like Netero did. Netero challanged Meruem to a fair fight, yet he used a bomb to kill him, a bomb which has the form of a rose. However there still was a good side in Netero, since he admitted defeat by telling the king his name, inside himself he admitted the superiority of chimera ants, and this is exactly why humans have to get rid of them.

Pretty much this. Not even the strongest humans in the world hold a candle to Meruem, that's why they needed their superior war machines in order to defeat him.
Apr 22, 2014 2:00 PM

Jun 2012
GuusWayne said:
Andan210 said:
GuusWayne said:

Fixed.
I'm refering to the King, he's also a character if you didn't know. I don't care as much about Netero, he was already defeated.

Oh, i was sure you were talking about Netero. My bad, sorry.
Apr 22, 2014 2:02 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
kontrared said:
tsudecimo said:
ValeBreck said:

I wouldn't know since I'm not a manga reader, I follow the anime. The bomb was the asspull, not the entire episode.
Honestly if you'd see what was happening in the manga right now you'd take back your words and even lower Naruto's rating, it's that much of an asspull, it seems like Kishimoto doesn't even give a fuck anymore and just wants to end it. But whatever, not gonna discuss this too much. cba.
Apr 22, 2014 2:04 PM

Jan 2013
That. Was. Amazing! I did not expect the bomb lol, I thought the final attack would finish both of them. :')

Btw, that was not a nuke. A nuke is not low budget, has a bigger explosion and has resulting fallout that would probs kill Gon and Killua and the rest. idk why a bomb as small to fit in his chest would kill the King tho, maybe they manufactured some kind of HxH nen bomb?
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Apr 15, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kisami - Jun 23, 2012

208 by zainpog »»
Apr 13, 6:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.