Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 22, 2014 12:05 AM
Apr 2012
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-22/hunter-x-hunter-manga-to-resume-in-june

Great news for HxH fans out there! This means we can only hope the anime continues after the manga's current arc as the manga begins to start running up again.
KidDavidacusApr 22, 2014 6:45 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2014 12:12 AM

May 2013
Finally my prayers have been heard! I knew that he would come back but he sure took his time. Great day for HxH fans!!!
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Apr 22, 2014 12:31 AM

Sep 2013
Probably the best news I've heard in a while, possibly my life, thank you Togashi! and thank you for posting this wonderful news Rahrugand! <3
Apr 22, 2014 12:34 AM

Oct 2008
I feel joy - joy unbound.
Apr 22, 2014 12:36 AM

Nov 2009
I would be more happy, but then I think "how long before the art becomes scribbles again and it goes on hiatus again." Damnit Togashi either end it or fucking stick with it for once, Naruto started a year after HxH and is near 700 chapters. On the plus side; lets get some dark continent action going.
SHONEN ANIME FTW
Apr 22, 2014 12:37 AM

Jan 2013
we need more of these threads.
Apr 22, 2014 12:37 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty much just made my week, I just hope he'll consistently publish material.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 22, 2014 12:41 AM

Jan 2009
lol 2 threads are made for this news, but ye its great news
Apr 22, 2014 1:06 AM

Jul 2010
Inb4 He only does 4 chapters and then goes on another 3 year break...

>.<
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Apr 22, 2014 1:08 AM

Sep 2012
HO
LY
SHIT

Just how more based can this year be for anime and manga???

AsukaTenjyoin said:

>.<

Don't jinx it man ;_;
Apr 22, 2014 1:11 AM

Nov 2013
I'm crying

greatest news ever
Apr 22, 2014 1:20 AM

Jul 2013
AsukaTenjyoin said:

>.<
LOL

u so funny n' original
Apr 22, 2014 1:24 AM

Jul 2007
..... Just a sec.........

Apr 22, 2014 1:25 AM
Jan 2011
Great news! I was seriously starting to think it might never continue. This whole wait has felt like the first exam in hunter x hunter(long run in the darkness and no idea when it ends) hehe. Hopefully Togashi can at least finish the next arc before taking another break. Though I quess it could be quite long arc.
Apr 22, 2014 1:59 AM
Aug 2013
Good news. I'll be even more excited if the art quality is above scribble level and chapters get regularly published.
Apr 22, 2014 2:37 AM

Jan 2014
FINALLY!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2014 2:37 AM

Jan 2014
I smell... Troll news.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2014 2:43 AM

Apr 2012
So excited. Can't wait to see the future of HxH.
Apr 22, 2014 2:51 AM
eyebrows nerd ★

Jun 2009
asdfghjkl;/can'tholdbackmytears

finally!!!
Apr 22, 2014 3:24 AM

Apr 2009
So roughly 20 chapters before another hiatus. Oh well, I can live with that.
I hope the aniem still ends at chapter 339, though. I don't want meh fillers or an OVA mess like we got with the old anime.
Just let Madhouse wait until Togashi finishes the new arc and then produce more anime content until we are caught up again.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 22, 2014 3:35 AM

Oct 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
I hope the aniem still ends at chapter 339, though. I don't want meh fillers or an OVA mess like we got with the old anime.
Just let Madhouse wait until Togashi finishes the new arc and then produce more anime content until we are caught up again.

What's wrong with the OVA besides the animation quality?
Apr 22, 2014 3:38 AM

Dec 2009
IT'S HAPPENIIIIIIIING
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 22, 2014 3:55 AM

Apr 2009
Cheesekao said:
Nidhoeggr said:

What's wrong with the OVA besides the animation quality?

I found the flow greatly disturbing and I also think a production pause/new season after a few years is better commercially as well.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 22, 2014 4:16 AM

Apr 2013
awesome news =)
Apr 22, 2014 4:21 AM

May 2013
Wow...after so long, I can't believe this is actually happening. About time you came back, Togashi, we need your brilliance back in the manga world. I admit to almost thinking that the manga would never resume, but I;m glad to be proven wrong.

I'm hyped.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Apr 22, 2014 4:26 AM

Dec 2012
Flume said:
HO
LY
SHIT

Just how more based can this year be for anime and manga???

I know right?

This year is THE year of animanga. So many things happening.
Apr 22, 2014 4:46 AM

Aug 2008
Dilemma, should I read the manga or wait for the anime? ><
But Yay! I'm really really happy about it!! :D
Apr 22, 2014 4:46 AM

Apr 2014
Awesome news!!
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 22, 2014 4:49 AM

Apr 2014
This better not be a troll D:
Apr 22, 2014 5:14 AM
Mar 2012
So what? Togashit coming back for 10-20 chapters and then going on hiatus again. Funny how that moron decided to start it again until the anime got this close to the manga.
Apr 22, 2014 5:18 AM

Jan 2014
Shaduge said:
So what? Togashit coming back for 10-20 chapters and then going on hiatus again. Funny how that moron decided to start it again until the anime got this close to the manga.
When anime ends I plan to pick up the manga so why not?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2014 5:37 AM

Jun 2012
I'll believe it when I see it.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Apr 22, 2014 5:45 AM
Jul 2018
I came
Apr 22, 2014 5:59 AM
Aug 2013
Sweet. the thing is though , will the anime continue? I've been told the anime is now close to where the manga is ad if that's so, will the anime continue? If yes, there's probably going to be some filler, maybe even a lot . Just like Naurto
Apr 22, 2014 6:09 AM

Nov 2013
Five-Magics said:
Sweet. the thing is though , will the anime continue? I've been told the anime is now close to where the manga is ad if that's so, will the anime continue? If yes, there's probably going to be some filler, maybe even a lot . Just like Naurto

Well filler does sound like the only possible way, but I doubt there would be filler, if there was any filler in anime, they would have put it in already, but from the looks of things, the anime is ending, probably in September

OT: AWWWW YEAHH, first the Berserk manga, now Hunter X Hunter, it's about time, although I'm not holding my breath that Togashi will keep to schedule, he WILL go on another hiatus sometime in the future, but for now I'm happy it's coming back
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Apr 22, 2014 7:03 AM

Feb 2013
There is a God. Of course we'll probably just get 10 chapters before he goes on hiatus again but at least its more HxH.
Apr 22, 2014 7:53 AM
Aug 2013
THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER.
Apr 22, 2014 8:15 AM
Apr 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpCY-pq-ipA

This was basically my reaction.
Apr 22, 2014 9:07 AM

Jun 2011
judals said:
I smell... Troll news.

Don't jinx it!

Apr 22, 2014 9:17 AM

Feb 2013
tfw when the hxh anime is on hiatus instead

tfw roles are reverses between mediums
Apr 22, 2014 9:23 AM

Jan 2014
SolBlade said:
judals said:
I smell... Troll news.

Don't jinx it!

Well not my fault, I mean everyone (not me) fell for it last time, and people just still believe it instantly! So desperate haha

A_Fat_Man said:
There is a God. Of course we'll probably just get 10 chapters before he goes on hiatus again but at least its more HxH.

I wonder why people complain about that... that's (HxH) like the manga equivalent 1-cour or 2-cour rather than weekly long-runner, so why people complain so much is weird. Then again, WSJ isn't much without it. This is the first time it took over 2 years right?
Apr 22, 2014 9:29 AM

Jun 2012
judals said:
SolBlade said:
judals said:
I smell... Troll news.

Don't jinx it!

Well not my fault, I mean everyone (not me) fell for it last time, and people just still believe it instantly! So desperate haha

A_Fat_Man said:

I wonder why people complain about that... that's (HxH) like the manga equivalent 1-cour or 2-cour rather than weekly long-runner, so why people complain so much is weird. Then again, WSJ isn't much without it. This is the first time it took over 2 years right?

Because mangas don't have cours or anything like that. This is supposed to be a weekly series, than means that Togashi is supposed to be releasing chapters in a weekly basis, not whenever he needs money for a new Dragon Quest game.

Seriously, he's just extremely lazy and has no work ethics. Every fan knows that.
Andan210Apr 22, 2014 9:32 AM
Apr 22, 2014 9:39 AM

Feb 2014
Longest 2 months of the year, this is gonna be.
Apr 22, 2014 9:41 AM

Jan 2014
Andan210 said:
judals said:
SolBlade said:
judals said:
I smell... Troll news.

Don't jinx it!

A_Fat_Man said:

Because mangas don't have cours or anything like that. This is supposed to be a weekly series, than means that Togashi is supposed to be releasing chapters in a weekly basis, not whenever he needs money for a new Dragon Quest game.

Seriously, he's just extremely lazy and has no work ethics. Every fan knows that.

Well like always, Togashi isn't conventional, manga have no cours? False, HxH exists!

Besides, Berserk also has inconsistent releases, I'd have lazy quality writers than ethical, committed authors who aren't decent enough.
Apr 22, 2014 9:47 AM

Jun 2012
judals said:
Andan210 said:
judals said:
SolBlade said:
judals said:
I smell... Troll news.

Don't jinx it!

A_Fat_Man said:

Well like always, Togashi isn't conventional, manga have no cours? False, HxH exists!

Besides, Berserk also has inconsistent releases, I'd have lazy quality writers than ethical, committed authors who aren't decent enough.

Still, that's just your opinion. You can't be surprised at people worrying about Togashi going to hiatus again after 10 chapters, because that's probably what's going to happen.

I wish he just finished the series and gave it an ending already. It's obvious that, if he continues with this current pacing, he's going to die before finishing HxH. Hopefully this Dark Continent arc is going to be the last arc.

Berserk is another example of an extremely lazy author, but at least he has the excuse that his manga is monthly.

And you can have as much quality as a writer as you want, but if you don't write anything all that talent is going to be wasted. That's why i, the manga industry and the fans, want mangakas with sense of responsibility and commitment instead of lazy motherfuckers that believe they can take year-long vacations whenever they want.
Andan210Apr 22, 2014 10:25 AM
Apr 22, 2014 9:48 AM

Jun 2009
Well, the reason why I am so quick to believe this is because it is from ANN and I personally don't know of a time they've gotten something like this wrong.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 22, 2014 9:51 AM

Dec 2012
judals said:
Andan210 said:
judals said:
SolBlade said:
judals said:
I smell... Troll news.

Don't jinx it!

A_Fat_Man said:

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Jesus..
Apr 22, 2014 9:52 AM

Nov 2010
insan3Spectre said:
Well, the reason why I am so quick to believe this is because it is from ANN and I personally don't know of a time they've gotten something like this wrong.
Well it's probably true, Shueisha(or the company that runs shounen jump) and Vizmedia I believe all said it. What you should be worried about is how long he will be back for. He could just drop off five chapters and then leave.
Apr 22, 2014 9:55 AM
Apr 2013
Well this time we got the news from both Shueisha (The publisher of Weekly Shounen Jump for those who don't know) and Viz Media themselves, so no, this is most likely true.
Apr 22, 2014 9:56 AM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
judals said:
Andan210 said:
judals said:
SolBlade said:
judals said:
I smell... Troll news.

Don't jinx it!

A_Fat_Man said:

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Jesus..

Cry, over your undignified stalking and inability to let go.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

62 by omorashi »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.