Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 27, 2014 11:25 AM

Jul 2012
Whoa a 3/10? Harsh... A lot of shows you rated higher aren't even near Captain Earth's quality.

I think the show is decent so far. They're playing it a bit different - mixing slice of life, flashbacks and world building in instead of trying to speed up the plot (see Buddy Complex or Valvrave) which I'm quite liking. The terms have not really been explained fully but I'm hoping they do so later on.
MayukaApr 27, 2014 11:31 AM
Apr 28, 2014 1:14 PM
Apr 2013
kenshin_sama said:
I don't care so much if you drop the anime. If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you. But I still don't feel that your arguments (or anyone else's arguments for that matter) justify your outlook of the anime.

ollythirteen said:
I think BRSx's opinions of this show aren't about Captain Earth the show's missteps explanation-wise but rather BONES the studio's penchant for creating anime that fling logic out the window like a littering bastard on a luxury liner.

(This is something a LOT of BONES original shows such as Rahxephon, Eureka 7, and godawful Wolf's Rain share in common, hence his comment about hiring a decent writer.)

Having seen a lot of BONES shows do the same thing i.e. throw in terms that won't be explained later on (what was the "seventh swell" phenomena? Zetsubou sickness? What was that? These are Eureka 7 terms btw that don't get explained) and seeing this show take the same road you can't really blame the guy.

A lot of production studios are hit/miss like that. While it was definitely an entertaining anime, I haven't noticed anything worthwhile from Hataraku Maou-sama and there was little to nothing to appreciate from the writing and characters (this is coming from the same studio that animated Steins;Gate)

Thing is neither Hataraku nor Steins;Gate are White Fox original concepts but rather adaptations.

BONES has CONSISTENTLY put out original concept anime with terribad writing. Seriously, I listed four plus shows (Eureka 7, Xam'd, Wolf's Rain, Star Driver, Rahxephon and so on).

These guys aren't hit or miss, they're purely MISS where the writing is concerned.

Which is why I can see why BRSx (thread creator) would judge this show so quickly even without watching halfway. He's seen it happen enough times to know they won't deviate from the formula.

As for the other stuff you mentioned, I dunno, man. I guess the characters not being strong enough impacts how I feel about the events that have gone down.

Teppei's existential crisis for example could've been handled better.

Anyway, I'm done. I guess Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushi (and to a much much much muuuuuch lesser extent Nisekoi) will have to entertain me on Saturdays.

Apr 28, 2014 9:45 PM

May 2011
ollythirteen said:
Thing is neither Hataraku nor Steins;Gate are White Fox original concepts but rather adaptations.

I think you're missing my point here. I'm not so concerned with whether those shows are original or not, but with the consistency of comparing some shows that studios put out in comparison the others they've done.

ollythirteen said:
BONES has CONSISTENTLY put out original concept anime with terribad writing. Seriously, I listed four plus shows (Eureka 7, Xam'd, Wolf's Rain, Star Driver, Rahxephon and so on).

These guys aren't hit or miss, they're purely MISS where the writing is concerned.

Which is why I can see why BRSx (thread creator) would judge this show so quickly even without watching halfway. He's seen it happen enough times to know they won't deviate from the formula.

It's still rather pretentious, isn't it?

ollythirteen said:
As for the other stuff you mentioned, I dunno, man. I guess the characters not being strong enough impacts how I feel about the events that have gone down.

Precisely why I considered your statements of the anime to be preference driven. Captain Earth isn't a bad anime at all.

ollythirteen said:
Teppei's existential crisis for example could've been handled better.

Handled better? They just started going into that. What more do you want? Again, this anime's storytelling doesn't involve immediate explanations. It's not a flaw, either.
-Kenshin-Apr 28, 2014 10:11 PM
Apr 29, 2014 12:34 AM

Jul 2013
this show isn't that bad so far. there are worse shows this season. *cough* mahouka *cough*

we're only 4 episodes in out of 25. it's not as if the full plot is going to be revealed at this point and not all the information will be spoon fed to you. the 1st episode was really confusing to me because of all the info dump but if you just watch the show without looking for every single flaw and questioning everything then you're bound to enjoy it more.

captain earth is generic but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's entertaining. plus the characters and the animation are top notch
Apr 29, 2014 2:12 AM

Jun 2013
So, back a few weeks after my original reply and a few more episodes have aired.

The show has definitely not improved, I will retract my statement about it being "meh" and just flat out say this show is garbage.

The amount of cringing I did when Team Rocket was going around in their Crepe Van was off the charts. I kept waiting for them to say they are trying to capture Pikachu. I guess in this case it's a small child. A child that has a harem. In a mecha. With beach episodes.

I love mecha and that only enrages me more about this show. It is a disgrace to mecha.

mayukachan said:

I think the show is decent so far. They're playing it a bit different - mixing slice of life, flashbacks and world building in instead of trying to speed up the plot (see Buddy Complex or Valvrave) which I'm quite liking. The terms have not really been explained fully but I'm hoping they do so later on.

Never thought I'd say it, but Buddy Complex, yes, fucking BUDDY COMPLEX is better than this.

And Valvrave is leagues ahead.
ex_necrossApr 29, 2014 2:16 AM
Apr 29, 2014 2:12 AM

Feb 2013
mayukachan said:

Agree.

May 1, 2014 9:50 AM

Jan 2014
To be fair I like the series. Daichi for one is pretty good, he shows some heroic traits and stuff but remains a teenager at heart and that's rarely seen.

As for Hana and Teppei, well they behave pretty much like people would if they were "prisoners" their entire lives, opening up to those that show them kindness but being more or less socially awkward.

Akari and her antics are fun to watch, she's probably the most memorable character as of now.

The villains may not be the best but they sure are bold and daring, and with an amazing voice cast to match, it gives them some appeal.

What I do agree with is this series is throwing more questions than answers, and that can leave people, including me to an extent confused as to what the hell is actually going on. Despite of this that does not mean we cannot understand some things, for starters we know that Kiltgangs see humans as food and for them to feed on us they need to take their TRUE forms into Earth. What happens after I have no idea, but at the very least preventing their coming to Earth makes the whole action in Space to make sense.

Next episode we're gonna get some more insight into Teppei and also on some of the human groups that for some reason or another want the Kiltgangs or technology related to that, for some sort of Instrumentality plan. So I guess next episode can provide some answers, and it better does bring more answers than questions, or if they still follow the more question than answers then the answers should be satisfactory ones.

I still intend to watch this though, if anything the voice cast, animation and music are enough to keep me going.
May 3, 2014 5:25 AM
Oct 2008
orchidork said:
this show isn't that bad so far. there are worse shows this season. *cough* mahouka *cough*

Mahouka is better. Much much better. And the score kind of reflects this.
May 3, 2014 5:33 AM

Jan 2013
First off mahouka sucks dick.

Second, this show is decent.

I think too many people are:

a.) Jealous of the MC getting that tan poon and magical girl belly button.
b.) expecting nonstop fight scenes to keep their childish attention spans happy
c.) Lacking of taste.
May 3, 2014 5:38 AM
Oct 2008
SolviteSekai said:

c.) Lacking of taste.

Heck, even Star Driver is a better show.
May 3, 2014 5:39 AM

Jan 2013
Kirion said:
SolviteSekai said:

c.) Lacking of taste.

Heck, even Star Driver is a better show.

5 god damn episodes. We are still getting to know the characters and the world.

Sorry the mc of this show isnt fighting off his harem and bitch slapping everyone within arms reach like in Mahouka.

Maybe you should stick to battle shounen.

Do people not understand the idea of unanswered questions here?

The author isnt telling you everything right away. It's called mystery. Sorry the MC's robot doesnt have a nickname and special move like in battle shounen anime.

Keep watching, and later you will find out wtf is going on.
May 3, 2014 6:39 AM

Jun 2013
SolviteSekai said:

c.) Lacking of taste.

More like upset that these tropes from otaku garbage anime have seeped into mecha thanks to BONES' loli/ecchi fetish.
Obviously it's not the first case, but it doesn't make it any less retarded. Otaku garbage should stay in otaku garbage.
Mecha tends to have thoughtful debates, political strategy and some occasional space drama in between battles. What does this anime have in between battles? More childish bullshit.
May 3, 2014 6:43 AM

Jan 2013
ex_necross said:
SolviteSekai said:

c.) Lacking of taste.

More like upset that these tropes from otaku garbage anime have seeped into mecha thanks to BONES' loli/ecchi fetish.
Obviously it's not the first case, but it doesn't make it any less retarded. Otaku garbage should stay in otaku garbage.
Mecha tends to have thoughtful debates, political strategy and some occasional space drama in between battles. What does this anime have in between battles? More childish bullshit.

Are you kidding me? A chick in Code Geass dry humps a table.

Get this shit out of here.
May 3, 2014 6:50 AM

Jun 2013
SolviteSekai said:
ex_necross said:
SolviteSekai said:

c.) Lacking of taste.

Code Geass is lightyears away from the pinnacle of mecha, and one of it's major shortcomings is the constant fanservice. I've had enough of seeing Kallen's ass by the first few episodes, seriously. ..why are we talking about code geass? Is that what you think of when you think of mecha? Do you know ANY good mecha?

Anyway, all that aside, I like substance in mecha (and anime in general) and this show has none. We get goofballs driving crepe vans and magical lolis showing off their belly buttons and a teenager who has a harem.

Get. this. shit. out. of. my. mecha.
May 3, 2014 6:54 AM

Jun 2013
I don't think it's bad, It's just average to me.
May 3, 2014 10:02 AM
Jul 2013
ex_necross said:
SolviteSekai said:
ex_necross said:
SolviteSekai said:

c.) Lacking of taste.

Code Geass is lightyears away from the pinnacle of mecha, and one of it's major shortcomings is the constant fanservice. I've had enough of seeing Kallen's ass by the first few episodes, seriously. ..why are we talking about code geass? Is that what you think of when you think of mecha? Do you know ANY good mecha?

Anyway, all that aside, I like substance in mecha (and anime in general) and this show has none. We get goofballs driving crepe vans and magical lolis showing off their belly buttons and a teenager who has a harem.

I feel like you are generalizing a bit too much, fanservice is pretty common in a lot of genres, mecha included, and having silly moments does not make a show any worse. Look at TTGL, I consider it to be a masterpiece, but it has both fanservice and goofy moments coming from both heroes and villains.
May 3, 2014 10:04 AM

Apr 2012
ex_necross said:
It's not bad, just unbearably average.

Makes you wish it was either bad or good, but it's stuck in that "meh" zone which is the worst possible place to be.

I agree with this for the most part. It just isn't great at all yet, but it isn't doing anything bad either. Stuff is happening, but it doesn't seem as exciting as it should be. Hopefully it will keep getting better.
May 3, 2014 10:07 AM

Jan 2013
ex_necross said:
SolviteSekai said:
ex_necross said:
SolviteSekai said:

c.) Lacking of taste.

You know, being put off by easily ignored sexual imagery doesn't make you look mature.

It actually makes you look immature, because sex is a part of adult life. We all accept its existence.

You don't have to be embarassed to have a libido.
May 3, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2009
ex_necross said:

Mecha tends to have thoughtful debates, political strategy and some occasional space drama in between battles

that is only true for most Gundam shows, the other huge mecha franchise the Macross franchise does not have any thoughtful debates and political strategy, what im saying is that Captain Earth is no way a Gundam show rather its inline with the Macross franchise with girls singing and love relationships with occasional mecha action
May 3, 2014 4:21 PM

Aug 2011
seemed good at the beginning, now i just dropped it. cant stand it behh
May 4, 2014 9:10 AM

Dec 2013
ex_necross said:

Otaku garbage should stay in otaku garbage.

ex_necross said:

Mecha tends to have thoughtful debates, political strategy and some occasional space drama in between battles.

implying that most mech shows are anything but more otaku pandering garbage... lol. i'm sorry but mecha in general are some of the laziest written series in anime next to harem and moe blob shows. the same scenarios, characters and even mech designs are rehashed over and over again. every once in a while we get a mech show thats really good and original that sorta redeems the genre, but those are relatively few and far between.
May 4, 2014 11:01 AM

Jun 2013
SolviteSekai said:

You know, being put off by easily ignored sexual imagery doesn't make you look mature.

It actually makes you look immature, because sex is a part of adult life. We all accept its existence.

I'm sorry, but you have it backwards. Ecchi and fanservice elements are not for the mature, but rather for the immature. In mecha I like to see war and political strategy, not asses in my face. There are plenty of shows where that is acceptable. At this point in episode 5 I am wondering why they even bothered making it a mecha. This is literally a repeat of Gargantia lol.

thedryness said:

implying that most mech shows are anything but more otaku pandering garbage...

This is bad and you should feel bad.

Edit: nvm the only mecha you've seen is CG and Eva?? .. literally what.

j0x said:

that is only true for most Gundam shows, the other huge mecha franchise the Macross franchise does not have any thoughtful debates and political strategy, what im saying is that Captain Earth is no way a Gundam show rather its inline with the Macross franchise with girls singing and love relationships with occasional mecha action

It is true with Gundam but also with most other mecha really. Gundam also has its fair share of romance. Macross is nice, and it actually is somewhat serious of a show. The combat is badass, and there is definitely strategy. There are some problems with it (the singing is out of place and does get too carried away at times), but it feels like a mecha.

Relationships are fine if done right. Hell, one of G Gundam's major elements is romance. Gundam SEED and Full Metal Panic have a metric shit ton of romance. Escaflowne, Code Geass, Eva, Rahxephon (kinda), E7, Break Blade, etc etc have romance and silly bits. What they don't have, however, are magic loli girls flaunting their belly buttons around and Team Rocket doing their evil schemes in crepe vans.

I know a lot of mecha fans aren't too hot for E7, but I'd take it over this.
ex_necrossMay 4, 2014 11:25 AM
May 4, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 2010
ex_necross said:
In mecha I like to see war and political strategy, not asses in my face. There are plenty of shows where that is acceptable. At this point in episode 5 I am wondering why they even bothered making it a mecha. This is literally a repeat of Gargantia lol.

We're only in episode 5 and there is already a fair number of factions involved , there is more than enough room for that. Also, fanservice in this show is almost nonexistant compared to things like Code Geass, what are you talking about?

It's true that Captain Earth has been average so far, but that has nothing to do with the amount of fanservice on it. You're giving it too much stick over little things, a character showed her belly button, so what? I've seen far worse in other shows. I'll take a belly button over bullshit like Teletha Testarrosa beating Melissa Mao in a duel or vampires and bunny girls piloting mechas (and I like Kallen) any day of the week.

May 4, 2014 12:42 PM

Oct 2007
The show is kind of bad cause it seems content to just sit back now and not really accomplish much or be particularly exciting after a pretty good start and is consistently getting weirder and bombarding us with progressively more Shakespearean references, sexual innuendo and just weird as absolute fuck characters. It also keeps hinting at these conspiracies, secrets and all kinds of complex and intangible stuff going on behind the scenes that the adults totally know more about along with what's going on in this show but doesn't want to let the viewer into the plot anymore than it has to because that would probably mean committing to a clear direction and actually building some expectations for future episodes which I'm not sure the staff is up to the task to handle going by what happened with Star Driver and it's mess of a finale.

Instead they're clearly just going to bide their time with episodes like the last two as the story grows progressively more convoluted and intangible until there's just barely enough episodes left to try to flesh things out so they can just blow through the exposition and plot relevant stuff and character development/resolution before anyone really has time to consider how little sense it's probably going to make.
May 4, 2014 2:20 PM
Oct 2012
I usually like Bones' simple shounen, because they do a great job of being simultaneously conventional and entertaining. Noragami was good, Heroman was pretty fun, and I've actually really enjoyed Soul Eater Not so far. This one... I guess it feels like it shouldn't be as complicated as it is. It isn't fun or straightforward enough to get away with its rehashed and over-layered plot. There's a lot of unexplained terminology, vague character motivations and seemingly arbitrary subplots, so it simply feels cluttered, and that in turn makes it difficult to follow.
May 4, 2014 2:21 PM

Jan 2013
smileyboyrocks said:
I usually like Bones' simple shounen, because they do a great job of being simultaneously conventional and entertaining. Noragami was good, Heroman was pretty fun, and I've actually really enjoyed Soul Eater Not so far. This one... I guess it feels like it shouldn't be as complicated as it is. It isn't fun or straightforward enough to get away with its rehashed and over-layered plot. There's a lot of unexplained terminology, vague character motivations and seemingly arbitrary subplots, so it simply feels cluttered, and that in turn makes it difficult to follow.

Get smarter then.

Its not hard to understand that shows don't show their entire plot in five episodes.
May 4, 2014 2:23 PM

Jan 2013
ex_necross said:
SolviteSekai said:

I'm sorry, but you have it backwards. Ecchi and fanservice elements are not for the mature, but rather for the immature. In mecha I like to see war and political strategy, not asses in my face. There are plenty of shows where that is acceptable. At this point in episode 5 I am wondering why they even bothered making it a mecha. This is literally a repeat of Gargantia lol.

thedryness said:

implying that most mech shows are anything but more otaku pandering garbage...

This is bad and you should feel bad.

Edit: nvm the only mecha you've seen is CG and Eva?? .. literally what.

j0x said:

It is true with Gundam but also with most other mecha really. Gundam also has its fair share of romance. Macross is nice, and it actually is somewhat serious of a show. The combat is badass, and there is definitely strategy. There are some problems with it (the singing is out of place and does get too carried away at times), but it feels like a mecha.

Relationships are fine if done right. Hell, one of G Gundam's major elements is romance. Gundam SEED and Full Metal Panic have a metric shit ton of romance. Escaflowne, Code Geass, Eva, Rahxephon (kinda), E7, Break Blade, etc etc have romance and silly bits. What they don't have, however, are magic loli girls flaunting their belly buttons around and Team Rocket doing their evil schemes in crepe vans.

I know a lot of mecha fans aren't too hot for E7, but I'd take it over this.

No dude. You are immature. Keep running from Sex, it makes you look so adult.
May 4, 2014 7:25 PM

Oct 2007
smileyboyrocks said:

Thing is that Bones has done the whole Shakespearean thing before with Zetsuen no Tempest and while it's pretty complex and requires a lot of paying attention to detail it carries itself with a certain gravitas that I guess you can say is uniquely Bones. It's also never really convoluted even as it begins to deal with matters of lateral thinking, debate and time travel.

The first 3 episodes of this show had that Bones gravitas feel and I was honestly perfectly fine with them, it's the last couple that are just kind of bleh and don't really seem to fit as well with what came before it.

Also SolviteSekai, maybe it's time to start bringing some actual arguments and points to the table about shows once in a while and actually reading what people are saying instead of just calling out people with stupid ad hominem bullshit and pissing them off cause I can guarantee you're accomplishing nothing else aside from that in your posting.
May 4, 2014 7:30 PM

May 2012
SolviteSekai said:

Loli belly button shaking and table grinding = mature adult sexuality? Right.
May 4, 2014 7:36 PM

Oct 2007
Saroph said:
SolviteSekai said:

For me it's not a matter of that...like look almost any series nowadays is going to spend at least some time on inconsequential fanservice stuff like that, it's a matter of how much time it's going to spend on that and other things that are debatable relevance to the story versus pushing forward with things that might make people give more of a damn like whatever the main story is supposed to be and what the characters roles are in it. That goes for fan service stuff as well as some other things as well like Teppei's weird as fuck effeminate father who was never once mentioned before and utters lines about never reading kids story books to him which I just really have a hard time taking with a straight face. Like is that supposed to be a smarmy joke or was that meant to be a serious regret cause either way I can't say it feels natural.

Admittedly it's kind of hard to tell what is or isn't relevant to this story yet because 5 episodes in it's still pretty lacking in direction and characterization. Again just a lot of time since episode 3 has been spent on stuff which I have to question the relevance of, but I suppose we'll see in the long run.
May 5, 2014 6:19 AM

May 2009
Saroph said:
SolviteSekai said:

WHAT LOLI?
May 10, 2014 10:26 PM

Jan 2014
Well I wonder what will people say now that we got Answers-bonanza this time around.
May 11, 2014 5:28 AM

Sep 2013
I don't think the "Keeping answers from us" was the only thing the show had going against it in my opinion... Even so ya we got answers... but honestly... the answers were just revealing either obvious things or cliche plots... And because they were built up for so long it just made it seem like a disappointing conclusion. Not that I don't understand some of the things being kept a secret, the "keeping answers from me" wasn't an issue, it was, "Will they be interesting when they are revealed." And sad to say, I wasn't impressed with the answers I got.

Regardless I feel the show also has uninteresting characters, either flat ones like Hana, or overdone ones like Teppei. Akari is alright but even she is almost like a less interesting version of Ed from Bebop.

And of course the UNBELIEVABLE AMOUNT OF CLICHES... But I am just going to stop there as I have little experience with Mecha's so I cannot fully judge cliches. Though some cliches they use are just, ones that are used in everything.

I am not giving up on the show though as I STILL think it has some promise, and for all I know it could surprise me, theres only 6 episodes out as of right now so, a lot can happen.
May 11, 2014 8:02 AM

Jan 2014
Keten said:
I don't think the "Keeping answers from us" was the only thing the show had going against it in my opinion... Even so ya we got answers... but honestly... the answers were just revealing either obvious things or cliche plots... And because they were built up for so long it just made it seem like a disappointing conclusion. Not that I don't understand some of the things being kept a secret, the "keeping answers from me" wasn't an issue, it was, "Will they be interesting when they are revealed." And sad to say, I wasn't impressed with the answers I got.

Regardless I feel the show also has uninteresting characters, either flat ones like Hana, or overdone ones like Teppei. Akari is alright but even she is almost like a less interesting version of Ed from Bebop.

And of course the UNBELIEVABLE AMOUNT OF CLICHES... But I am just going to stop there as I have little experience with Mecha's so I cannot fully judge cliches. Though some cliches they use are just, ones that are used in everything.

I am not giving up on the show though as I STILL think it has some promise, and for all I know it could surprise me, theres only 6 episodes out as of right now so, a lot can happen.
What kind of cliches are you talking about?
May 11, 2014 8:16 AM

Sep 2013
BGMaxie said:
Keten said:

*SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 6*
The ones I feel are used in everything were the ones in the recent episode like the, "Take over the world generic bad guy" to the "Bad guy being used by his own subordinates" to the "You cant kill you are a pussy, now ill just wait here with my gun pointed at you giving you full chance to hit me with a boomerang", Also the kidnapping the helpless girl thing but thats so overused its practically not even worth mentioning... Also that is only the cliches with the story, not the characters, which there are plenty of those too. Dont get me wrong though, im not saying these cliches are always bad, they can be done well and in different ways, but Captain Earth does them in ways i've seen dozens of times before.

I don't want to get into cliches from the mecha genre, because as I said before, I have not watched THAT MANY, I've seen like... FLCL, Gurren Lagann, Evangelion, and Escaflowne, along with some Gundam series, but I never marathoned them and I last watched them a while ago. So I don't think I am experienced enough to fully judge what are alright cliches and what aren't. Even so the cliches arent the main thing I dislike about the series, its just that the story bores me, but as I said before, its too early to bash the series yet, I am just judging it based off the episodes I have seen thus far.

Also, I am not knocking anyone for enjoying it, it certainly is beautiful and the sound is gorgeous. And while the characters aren't anything new, they can be fun with their interactions, and Teppei has his moments too.
May 11, 2014 8:22 AM

Sep 2011
Keten said:
BGMaxie said:
Keten said:

*SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 6*
The ones I feel are used in everything were the ones in the recent episode like the, "Take over the world generic bad guy" to the "Bad guy being used by his own subordinates" to the "You cant kill you are a pussy, now ill just wait here with my gun pointed at you giving you full chance to hit me with a boomerang", Also the kidnapping the helpless girl thing but thats so overused its practically not even worth mentioning... Also that is only the cliches with the story, not the characters, which there are plenty of those too. Dont get me wrong though, im not saying these cliches are always bad, they can be done well and in different ways, but Captain Earth does them in ways i've seen dozens of times before.

I don't want to get into cliches from the mecha genre, because as I said before, I have not watched THAT MANY, I've seen like... FLCL, Gurren Lagann, Evangelion, and Escaflowne, along with some Gundam series, but I never marathoned them and I last watched them a while ago. So I don't think I am experienced enough to fully judge what are alright cliches and what aren't. Even so the cliches arent the main thing I dislike about the series, its just that the story bores me, but as I said before, its too early to bash the series yet, I am just judging it based off the episodes I have seen thus far.

Also, I am not knocking anyone for enjoying it, it certainly is beautiful and the sound is gorgeous. And while the characters aren't anything new, they can be fun with their interactions, and Teppei has his moments too.
The op could learn a thing or two from you, you're points are justified and youre not being a dick about it

Yeah the boomerang scene was kind of poorly handled but i do have to disagree about the generic bad guy thing, they arent trying to take over the world the kitlang are just trying to eat, their higher in the food chain whilst salty dog is trying to use them to survive humanitie's inevitable extinction by their hand even though they are just being used as well. That one guy who kidnapped hana is just a small fry douche while we know very little about the actual leader of that originization and if hes even a main antagonist or not as it seems hes just being used

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 11, 2014 8:30 AM

Sep 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Keten said:
BGMaxie said:
Keten said:

*SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 6*

The op could learn a thing or two from you, you're points are justified and youre not being a dick about it

Yeah the boomerang scene was kind of poorly handled but i do have to disagree about the generic bad guy thing, they arent trying to take over the world the kitlang are just trying to eat, their higher in the food chain whilst salty dog is trying to use them to survive humanitie's inevitable extinction by their hand even though they are just being used as well. That one guy who kidnapped hana is just a small fry douche while we know very little about the actual leader of that originization and if hes even a main antagonist or not as it seems hes just being used

Sorry I should have been more specific, I actually like the Team Rocket Duo, they are with Akari as the most enjoyable part of the series as they are sort of like this weird, campy, robot alien version of Team Rocket.. also more competent... lol

The bad guy in general I was mentioning was the guy who was working with the kiltgang to build a Utopia to as you mentioned, avoid the inevitable extinction. there's a bit of depth there so I don't complain about it too much, and with a bit more development I may even like him. Again.. too early to fully judge lol Honestly I feel this thread shouldn't be a thing until 12 episodes or so or AT LEAST 10, I mean really? There were what... 2 or 3 episodes out when this was made? Harsh much.
May 11, 2014 8:34 AM

Sep 2011
Keten said:

The bad guy in general I was mentioning was the guy who was working with the kiltgang to build a Utopia to as you mentioned, avoid the inevitable extinction. there's a bit of depth there so I don't complain about it too much, and with a bit more development I may even like him. Again.. too early to fully judge lol Honestly I feel this thread shouldn't be a thing until 12 episodes or so or AT LEAST 10, I mean really? There were what... 2 or 3 episodes out when this was made? Harsh much.
I was complaining from the get go this thread shouldn't exist in the first place, everything discussed in here would be relative to the most recent episode so its just a more cynical and sloppily ordered version of the episode discussions.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 11, 2014 1:28 PM

May 2009
Keten said:
Honestly I feel this thread shouldn't be a thing until 12 episodes or so or AT LEAST 10, I mean really? There were what... 2 or 3 episodes out when this was made? Harsh much.

There something wrong with anime watchers these days... It's like patience is forgotten in these days.
May 17, 2014 8:43 AM
Jan 2014
bastek66 said:
Keten said:
Honestly I feel this thread shouldn't be a thing until 12 episodes or so or AT LEAST 10, I mean really? There were what... 2 or 3 episodes out when this was made? Harsh much.

There something wrong with anime watchers these days... It's like patience is forgotten in these days.
agreed
May 17, 2014 12:17 PM
Apr 2013
bastek66 said:
Keten said:

bagface36 said:
bastek66 said:
Keten said:

agreed

Like I said before the OP's beef is more with studio BONES.

If you've watched only two of their original concept anime (say Wolf's Rain and Rahxephon), you wouldn't NEED to wait to watch 12 or 13 episodes to be able to see that this show is just "more of the same"...

(more of the same being meaningless terminology and mysteries that go nowhere)...

In fact most BONES mecha shows have been more about the character interactions and romance than the mech (Eureka Seven, Rahxephon), which is what helped to endear them when their stories were crap.

Seven episodes in I still can't say I enjoy watching these characters interact.

PS. I dropped it but the art pulled me back in. What can I say? I'm a sucker for good character design (Hana)...

PPS. M3 is another mech currently airing with loads of mystery and crappy writing. It's at least more entertaining than this show (and has the blonde twintails character)
ollythirteenMay 17, 2014 12:21 PM

May 17, 2014 5:24 PM

Oct 2011
Haven't been watching this show recently, but I find it both hilarious and sad that people are still supporting it on this thread.

All that I've seen of it recently has been fan-service shot after fan-service shot from browsing the web.

Bellies, Boobs & Butts.

The power of Bones & Captain Earth's Story everybody.

Aka, "Who needs a story when girls - some underage - are exposing their bodies?" The Anime.

If you're into that, good for you. Congrats, you've surpassed the gag-reflex of anime. You can now enjoy whatever you want.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
May 17, 2014 6:56 PM
May 2013
such a pointless thread indeed.
Tastes are different.

I dont like AoT for example, but to i go in the AoT forum and call it bad and "crap"?
No, i dont because its pointless and worthles time you would invest in an useless project

sry for my english xD
May 17, 2014 9:41 PM

Aug 2010
Hmmm

This anime is pretty average so far IMO. Some of the complaints are valid, like the unexplained terms which happens a lot in mecha anime. The launch sequence of Daichi's mech is way too long and the battles aren't all that great. The glasses villain guy is beyond lame, team rocket could be better, all valid points

Yet is does have some good qualities.

I think the "power of friendship" teens save the world trope is pretty well done without being obnoxious. Most of the cast is pretty solid and I think the show has done well to fit them together. The concept of aliens needing to feed on people and the CEO/AI antagonists are decent, nothing groundbreaking but at least not the usual muwahahaha type of plot (see glasses guy comment above).

I liked Star Driver for what is was, I think this will be the same way.
May 18, 2014 4:47 AM

Nov 2013
ex_necross said:
It's not bad, just unbearably average.

Makes you wish it was either bad or good, but it's stuck in that "meh" zone which is the worst possible place to be.
Exactly how I feel. It's like it tries to do anything but be unique.

May 18, 2014 8:23 AM

Apr 2010
I feel like it's just very repetitive.
May 18, 2014 9:26 AM

Oct 2011
Saroph said:
SolviteSekai said:

I love how you're trying to justify watching drawn girls exposing their bodies as "Mature & Healthy Sexuality" - You do know how young some of them are right?

They don't even bother giving them real personalities other than their boob sizes and how often the expose themselves. One is a Tsundere Genius, another is a psychopath, and another is a daft, space-headed dark-skinned princess type.

I'm all for expressing sexuality and being confident in your own body. I'm all for proper sex ed and removing a good portion of the taboo that surrounds sex. It's a huge problem in western television.

Thing is - you cannot say that what Captain Earth is presenting is healthy sexuality. It's heavily male-biased, and presented with characters that wouldn't even be legal in Japan.

Ah well - I'm not watching the show anymore, so take this more as a commentary on echii, fanservice, and sexuality than a commentary on the show.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
May 18, 2014 9:30 AM

May 2013
Solkiskey said:
I feel like it's just very repetitive.

It really does have terrible pacing. Especially the last episode.

It tries to do some stuff you'd see in a good mecha or sci-fi (ttgl hitting, etc) but doesn't have the timing or character development to make it work.

Not to mention all of that weak info-dumping.
May 19, 2014 1:27 PM

Apr 2014
Its tries too hard but fails really bad.
May 20, 2014 6:38 AM

Jan 2013
BRSxIgnition said:
Saroph said:
SolviteSekai said:

I love how you're trying to justify watching drawn girls exposing their bodies as "Mature & Healthy Sexuality" - You do know how young some of them are right?

They don't even bother giving them real personalities other than their boob sizes and how often the expose themselves. One is a Tsundere Genius, another is a psychopath, and another is a daft, space-headed dark-skinned princess type.

I'm all for expressing sexuality and being confident in your own body. I'm all for proper sex ed and removing a good portion of the taboo that surrounds sex. It's a huge problem in western television.

Thing is - you cannot say that what Captain Earth is presenting is healthy sexuality. It's heavily male-biased, and presented with characters that wouldn't even be legal in Japan.

Ah well - I'm not watching the show anymore, so take this more as a commentary on echii, fanservice, and sexuality than a commentary on the show.

Dropped the show, still felt the need to white knight girls and act like anime is disgusting.

Bro. Its just cartoons. Nobody is making a political statement.

I hate this website and the ridiculous amount of pseudo-intellectualism going on here.

The show is meant to be a fun cartoon about robots and the same 10-15 people are here, once again, raging because this isn't a masterpiece of modern fiction.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.