Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 21, 2014 4:24 PM

Feb 2012
Here is a collection of news briefs for the last week in anime/manga news. These briefs include announcements that would not normally receive their own news thread. Please check the News Board for previous major announcements. Last week's News Briefs can be found here.

Upcoming Anime

Omoide no Marnie
The main cast along with the theme song for the movie have been revealed.

Anna: Sara Takatsuki
Marnie: Kasumi Arimura

Theme song: "Fine On The Outside" by PRISCILLA AHN

Source: eiga
Previous related news: New Studio Ghibli Animated Movie 'Omoide no Marnie' Announced

Akame ga Kill!
A main cast member for the series has been revealed.

Akame: Sora Amamiya

Source: Scan via ANN
Previous related news: 'Akame ga Kill!' Manga to Receive TV Anime Adaptation

Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:3 Ghost Tears
Additional cast for the movie have been revealed.

Akira Hose (Kusanagi's lover): Tatsuhisa Suzuki
Dr. Saiido: Aya Hisakawa
Emma: Ai Kayano
Ishikawa: Shunsuke Sakuya (Replaces Tomoyuki Dan who passed away)

Source: Cinema Today, Official site

Other Anime News

Isshuukan Friends. - Currently Airing
An additional cast member has been revealed.

Hajime Kujou: Shintaro Asanuma

Source: Tweet
Previous related news: Manga 'Isshuukan Friends.' to Get Anime Adaptation

Manga News

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Writer's New Light Novel "Doll Masters"
Writer of the Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei light novel series, Tsutomu Satou, has begun writing a new light novel series titled Doll Masters. The series will begin July 10, 2014 in Dengeki Bunko Magazine.

Source: Scan via nekonotemo

Tohru Fujisawa Begins New "GTO" Manga Series "GTO: Paradise Lost"
Tohru Fujisawa, mangaka of GTO has begun working on a new GTO series titled GTO: Paradise Lost. The first chapter was released on April 14, 2014 in Young Magazine.

Source: Comic Natalie

'GE (Good Ending)' Mangaka Kei Sasuga to Begin New Manga Series
It has been announced that mangaka Kei Sasuga will be starting a new series titled Domestic na Kanojo this April.

The new series will begin in the 21st and 22nd issue of Weekly Shounen Magazine. The first chapter, being released April 23, 2014, will be 53 pages, with a lead color page.

Source: Scan via zukazuka
News submitted by Rokiebottom

Industry News

Sony Sells Entire Square Enix Stock
Sony has announced that it has sold all of its stock in the video game developer and publisher Square Enix. The stock was sold for around 15.3 billion yen (US$150 million).

Source: ANN
Sakana-sanNov 11, 2016 1:47 PM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 21, 2014 4:24 PM

Feb 2012
PVs/TV Ads
A collection of promotional videos and TV advertisements from the past week.Recent PVs and CMs from series that air during the Spring anime season can be found here
Wind_SrApr 21, 2014 5:58 PM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Apr 21, 2014 4:49 PM
Mar 2012
Oh boy, new series by genius Tsutomu Satou. Will definitely be looking forward to it. Skeptical of Kei Sasuga's new work though. Especially after the GE: Good Ending flop.
Apr 21, 2014 5:07 PM

Nov 2011
Out of all the news here so far, I'm looking forward to Omoide no Marnie and GTO the most. Still, I have hopes for Akame ga Kill and to a lesser extent, Doll Masters. I am not expecting anything out of Kei Sasuga at all.
Apr 21, 2014 5:09 PM
Mar 2012
Also, the Doraemon PV link leads to the Momo Kyun PV.

I'm assuming this is the correct one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQogYn-9cRQ
Apr 21, 2014 5:47 PM
Oct 2013
To be honest,with many this many news,i'm feel lost... but ok... in the end,all that i can say,is that i didn't have idea of that works existence... only left me source e resource to know about it...
Apr 21, 2014 5:51 PM

Feb 2012
alexpte said:
Also, the Doraemon PV link leads to the Momo Kyun PV.

Thanks, that's just me not paying enough attention.
Apr 21, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2008
VanishingKira said:
Doll Masters seems like Mahouka 2.0 I bet that girl near the protagonist is his imouto too.Then even have a cover emblem like the bloom ones.

That cover you are talking about is Mahouka vol 13's.
Only the first picture is about Doll Masters and to say it's similar to Mahouka without having any information at all except one single picture is pretty dense in my opinion.
Apr 21, 2014 10:15 PM
Feb 2012
Quoting a certain part of the post has become a real pain with the invention of these 'briefs' threads. Anyway, regarding One Week Friends: glad it's confirmed that the anime will get to the part with Kujou; meaning it will likely catch up to the currently scanlated chapters, providing me with new material in the process.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 21, 2014 10:57 PM
Oct 2012
still waitin on dat index news.....
Apr 21, 2014 11:21 PM

Aug 2013
It has been announced that mangaka Kei Sasuga will be starting a new series titled Domestic na Kanojo this April.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?

No i mean seriously. Good Ending is easily the most frustating, annoying, emotions-destroyer, and retarded shounen romance i've seen in a very long time. The kind lead character got himself beaten to pulp to gain happy ending, while other jerk gained happy ending by being a jerk over and over again. Ugh. I don't even understand why i subjected myself to such endless torture and sat around it till the very end. This announcement will give me nightmare of course.

But, i will probably give it a chance if the main character is a kungfu master. Why? Because Good Ending would be far less frustating if the main dude could defend himself physically
Apr 21, 2014 11:58 PM

Aug 2011
What does Sony intend to accomplish with this act? Is SE going to suffer any of this? Did any one particular person(s) or corporation buy said stock? This feels ominous. Perhaps this is foreshadowing SE's demise. They've sucked since the merge anyway.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Apr 22, 2014 1:20 AM

Nov 2012
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-22/hunter-x-hunter-manga-to-resume-in-june
wait so hunter X hunter getting back isn't a big enough news to warrant a new thread? Weird. :p

anyway, looking forward to akame ga kiru. And GTO. :D
Apr 22, 2014 3:01 AM

Jul 2013
Can't wait to see how Doll Masters by Tsutomu Satou will turn out.
Apr 22, 2014 3:16 AM

Nov 2007
Derozio said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-22/hunter-x-hunter-manga-to-resume-in-june
wait so hunter X hunter getting back isn't a big enough news to warrant a new thread? Weird. :p

I mentioned about it (it was announced few hours ago), but I guess he didn't see my post, yet.
tsubasaloverApr 22, 2014 3:22 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 22, 2014 3:27 AM

Jan 2008
I'll certainly read the new GTO, I still hope they'll make new anime adaptions too.
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )
Apr 22, 2014 3:58 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
VanishingKira said:
Doll Masters seems like Mahouka 2.0 I bet that girl near the protagonist is his imouto too.Then even have a cover emblem like the bloom ones.

And again a high school setting, it seems... Despite that, the premise sounds interesting and I am looking forward to it.
Apr 22, 2014 6:20 AM
May 2012
I will watch all of those Anime, and I am expecting Akame ga Kill! to be awesome.
I am just waiting for Isshuukan Friends to finish airing before I start watching it :3
Doll Masters seems nice. New GTO Manga series?!?! I didn't expect that. I still haven't watched the Anime and read the Manga though.
Why Sony, why?!?!

Amiluhur said:

No i mean seriously. Good Ending is easily the most frustating, annoying, emotions-destroyer, and retarded shounen romance i've seen in a very long time. The kind lead character got himself beaten to pulp to gain happy ending, while other jerk gained happy ending by being a jerk over and over again. Ugh. I don't even understand why i subjected myself to such endless torture and sat around it till the very end. This announcement will give me nightmare of course.

But, i will probably give it a chance if the main character is a kungfu master. Why? Because Good Ending would be far less frustating if the main dude could defend himself physically

:O I thought GE (Good Ending) is a good Manga when I added it on my list. I guess I should read it and see for myself.
Apr 22, 2014 8:19 AM

Sep 2012
Amiluhur said:

There has to be something fundamentally wrong with your judgment sense. GE is undoubtedly a good manga. Probably you are only those who hate and judge on the ending solely, pfft.
RokiebottomApr 22, 2014 8:28 AM
Apr 22, 2014 8:28 AM

Jul 2013
Snow_Queen said:
VanishingKira said:

And again a high school setting, it seems... Despite that, the premise sounds interesting and I am looking forward to it.

The one VanishingKira was talking about is actually the cover for Mahouka Vol 13, not Doll Masters.

Anyway, it seems like it will be set after the events of Mahouka since there's a connection between the two based on the premise. I hope it will be fairly interesting too and this new series doesn't hinder his writing on Mahouka later.

Apr 22, 2014 9:36 AM

Aug 2013
Rokiebottom said:
There has to be something fundamentally wrong with your judgment sense. GE is undoubtedly a good manga. Probably you are only those who hate and judge on the ending solely, pfft.

Oh, don't presume to talk down to me. And unless you're going to elaborate how my judgement is fundamentally wrong, i'm not buying everything you said.

And yeah, i hated the series after experiencing the whole thing, but maybe you just casually missed that point from my post
Apr 22, 2014 9:45 AM

Dec 2011
Rokiebottom said:

Yay another person who tries to claim that someone who has a different opinion of something to their own is somehow 'wrong' as a result. Just what this site always needed.

Although Amiluhur's post was laughably over the top...

In other news...
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Writer's New Light Novel "Doll Masters"
Writer of the Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei light novel series, Tsutomu Satou, has begun writing a new light novel series titled Doll Masters. The series will begin July 10, 2014 in Dengeki Bunko Magazine.

Interesting. I'll have to take a look into this when it starts.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 22, 2014 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
Amiluhur said:

Oh, don't presume to talk down to me. And unless you're going to elaborate how my judgement is fundamentally wrong, i'm not buying everything you said.

And yeah, i hated the series after experiencing the whole thing, but maybe you just casually missed that point from my post

I think I didn't miss anything you posted. The most probable reason you hate GE is due to its ending, isn't it? just like other haters do.

And I'm not talking down to you. chill!, I just guessed your mere judgment based on how pissed you are towards GE.
Apr 22, 2014 3:44 PM

Aug 2013
Rokiebottom said:
The most probable reason you hate GE is due to its ending, isn't it? just like other haters do.

I already stated it myself that i hated the series after reading the whole thing. But if you continue to accuse me otherwise, fine, i'll just call you troll from now on
kuuderes_shadow said:
Although Amiluhur's post was laughably over the top..

Thanks. I'll take that as a pat on my back
Apr 22, 2014 4:13 PM

Jul 2008
Rokiebottom said:

I think I didn't miss anything you posted. The most probable reason you hate GE is due to its ending, isn't it? just like other haters do.

There exists stupid humans, you are human therefore you are stupid. Doesn't it sound like a fine argument?

Rokiebottom said:

And I'm not talking down to you. chill!, I just guessed your mere judgment based on how pissed you are towards GE.

You were looking down on him, sugarcoating it doesn't change the fact that you did it. Seeing someone's opinion as inferior to your own is exactly what looking down on someone is.

kuuderes_shadow said:

Yay another person who tries to claim that someone who has a different opinion of something to their own is somehow 'wrong' as a result. Just what this site always needed.

95%+ of humanity, sadly.
Apr 22, 2014 11:33 PM

Apr 2010
Sony and their money issues....*tsk,tsk
Apr 23, 2014 12:16 AM

Apr 2010
OMG this had BETTER not affect FFXV or KHIII's development. WE NEED THOSE GAMES! THEY WILL SAVE FINAL FANTASY!
Apr 23, 2014 11:01 AM

Nov 2008
GREAT TEACHER ONIZUKA IS BACK
Apr 23, 2014 1:54 PM
Jan 2013
I can't wait to see akame ga kiru. I have read the manga it so fun. Hope that it's will be great when it got turn into anime.^_^
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 11 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.