Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 21, 2014 11:18 AM

Jan 2013
Started playing B;D on Wednesday and boy am I loving it! I just wrote my first impressions (well partly) on tumblr if you want to check it out: http://whattythinks.tumblr.com/
tell me what you guys think about the game. But plss NO SPOILERS for anywhere after you reach ancheim
Apr 24, 2014 6:00 PM

Jan 2014
flashboi said:
Started playing B;D on Wednesday and boy am I loving it! I just wrote my first impressions (well partly) on tumblr if you want to check it out: http://whattythinks.tumblr.com/
tell me what you guys think about the game. But plss NO SPOILERS for anywhere after you reach ancheim
just picked it up today actually and im loving it! feels sorta like playing final fantasy, so far the story is interesting enough
Apr 24, 2014 6:16 PM

Sep 2007
Everything sucks after chapter 5.
Apr 24, 2014 7:35 PM

Oct 2012
fucking shit, i wished the game ended at chapter 4.
Apr 24, 2014 8:24 PM

Oct 2010
Tsuyuu said:
fucking shit, i wished the game ended at chapter 4.

same, it just goes on and on after that ughh, but I just mostly play it for its gameplay.

Apr 25, 2014 10:48 AM

Feb 2005
I'm at chapter 6 I think. But weh, I'm already lv99 and have mastered all jobs, so grinding through the same battles over and over is so fucking dull.

Apr 27, 2014 5:09 PM

Feb 2014
I liked the gameplay, but they doing the same crap over and over got old fast.
Jun 10, 2014 1:12 PM

Jul 2011
I've dropped it for months but I will Play it again someday.

Jun 10, 2014 4:16 PM

Dec 2013
Is this game worth getting? It looks interesting and I've played the demo a little bit, but I don't really understand how the games works.
"There are better places to take a nap than on the ground, you know."
Jun 10, 2014 4:33 PM

Sep 2007
DulcetRequiem said:
Is this game worth getting? It looks interesting and I've played the demo a little bit, but I don't really understand how the games works.

If you're into an old school jrpg with a twist on the old turn based battle system, then by all means get it. The story is pretty generic though, but does it well. The second half of the game however, gets pretty tedious.

The jobs system is pretty much the best part of the game. With 23 jobs, you're able to mix and match various skills between all 23 jobs to build an efficient working party.

The battle system is simple. You start off with 1 BP. You can defend (Default) or expend more BP (Brave). Defaulting will grant you 1 extra BP per turn while Brave-ing will use up an extra BP. You can continue to Default/Brave until you either have 3 extra BP or -4 BP all in one turn. If it's negative, your party member won't be able to do anything until it recovers to 1 BP again. Skills used in battle can also use BP (instead of regular old MP). This allows your party to build up BP for a few turns and then unleash a coordinated attack or you can brave all the way to -4 BP at the beginning of a battle to blitz your enemy as quick as possible.
Jun 10, 2014 10:33 PM

Feb 2008
DulcetRequiem said:

Do you like classic Final Fantasy? Because this is one of those Final Fantasy games we never got. True Final Fantasy X (unless we call Blue Dragon FFX). It looks a lot like the FF3-4 remakes, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same people worked on the designs. So if you like FF3-5, you should probably like the game. The story too is your classic Final Fantasy story. Boy meets mysterious girl, they set on a journey to restore Four Crystals etc.

Also the OST is f-in amazing. I'm digging the OST so much that the repeated dungeon themes don't bother me at all. I could listen to the OST 24/7 without getting bored.

One thing though, do not increase the encounter rate. I thought I'd make it more challenging if I set the encounter rate to 150%, but I only ended up making the game easier, as I got 50% more XP that way duh. So the first two chapters I've played were quite a breeze. Only struggled once at the crystal bosses, because I didn't expect them to hit hard.

It really comes down to whether you like Final Fantasy games or not. The Brave and Default battle options put a little twist on the whole Final Fantasy gameplay though. If you feel strong enough, you can attack four times with all your characters during one turn. So if you're strong enough, you can end the battle real quick, but if you aren't, you'll remain open to attacks for four turns. It really adds a lot to the strategy part of the game.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jun 11, 2014 2:52 AM

May 2010
The game is good but I'm at a point in the story where I feel like it's not rewarding enough to progress but not entertaining enough to hang back. So I'm stuck and I put the game down.

It's great up until that point though for sure.
Dec 18, 2021 4:36 PM
Dec 2017
It was an aight jrpg but way to repetitive.

More topics from this board

» Your first game in your life ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

list713 - Dec 21, 2008

835 by Fancyjasper »»
3 hours ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

20 by ashisland »»
3 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

19 by Vendicator »»
4 hours ago

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

23 by PlasticRobot »»
10 hours ago

» Operating systems

skapito - Apr 13

19 by bevarnow »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.