Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2014 10:44 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was a little worried, but his 'incomparable' was fairly awkward.
Han Xin's pretty buff.

Snappy noodles for victory. It feels like Mao's been leaning on Pei's specials to get through these battles.
Hopefully we'll see that less and less in the future. Mao and Mei are quite clueless, how could they not know it was just the prelims?

WHAT KIND OF NOODLE ISN"T A NOODLE?
Presumably, the examiner is genius-kun's master. This ought to be interesting.

THUMB UP. Potato pincher. Gunpowder cooking. OXENFREE.

Here comes the real challenge.
CkanApr 19, 2014 10:48 PM
Feb 24, 2019 3:16 PM

Nov 2016
It really feels like Shokugeki was more heavily inspired by this series than I thought.

And seems like the exam entered the juicy stage, so far it has been entertaining.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 5, 2019 12:27 PM

Sep 2011
Mao passed the first stage, he took the theme seriously and made literally incomparable noodles. Some characters are really aggressive for nor reason though, like that chef who has the "same skill" as Chouyu.

The arena is certainly impressive by the way, four thousand years of history is no joke, and it's nice that the judge is going be yet another female chef. They might not be as rare as it seemed at first. And it may be a little late to worry about this, but is Mei Li even allowed to be there with Mao? I hope they won't get in trouble.
May 23, 2021 4:26 PM

Jul 2015
So far this cooking competition isn't really about cooking a delicious dish but more about solving the philosophical problems and cooking using unorthodox methods. On a sidenote, I wonder why Mei is allowed on competition grounds, I can understand her accompanying Mao outside but why allowed inside especially if she's going to be a nuisance?

More topics from this board

» Is Cooking Master Boy popular in China ?

KingSunWukong - Jan 29

1 by AnimeTheOVA »»
Feb 1, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Chuuka Ichiban! Episode 27 Discussion

FMmatron - Feb 27, 2019

3 by kevin_satron »»
Jan 10, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Chuuka Ichiban! Episode 15 Discussion - The Plump Plum

Ckan - Jul 26, 2014

5 by wildhood »»
Aug 8, 2022 5:00 AM

Poll: » Chuuka Ichiban! Episode 4 Discussion - Beating it.

Ckan - Apr 10, 2014

4 by wildhood »»
Apr 10, 2022 2:57 PM

Poll: » Chuuka Ichiban! Episode 16 Discussion - Divining Tools

Ckan - Jul 26, 2014

4 by mineme »»
Jan 11, 2022 4:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.