Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2009 12:39 AM

Apr 2009
Well, you know what they say about assuming.
Sep 28, 2009 1:01 AM

Aug 2007
Haylias said:

That people on MAL don't give a shit what people say about assuming?
Sep 28, 2009 1:03 AM

Apr 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
Haylias said:

That people on MAL don't give a shit what people say about assuming?

Not quite what I was thinking, but okay.
Sep 28, 2009 3:15 AM

Apr 2009
Haylias said:

why are you still here ?
Sep 28, 2009 4:15 AM

Jan 2009
Seriously, if you don't like One Piece, DON'T WATCH IT. No one wants you to watch it. You can, but you don't deserve to watch it. The most successful shonen in Japan for the past 10 years doesn't really need another fan to prove a point.

Before I watched One Piece, I have to admit I bashed the show once or twice. I tried a tiny tiny bit way back and thought the art and everything was bad. It wasn't until I went to college that every one started raving about One Piece. I was like, "what? One Piece? huh? is it okay?" The guy said, "the art work can be a bit cartoony, but it's okay." I felt like a noob for not watching it, so I started off with about 10 episodes, got slightly bored, and heard it didn't get better till the end of Crocodile arc, and then Alabaster. After crocodile, it was okay, after Alabaster, it was my favorite. After Enies Lobby, it blew my mind away. I've always been drawing manga since I was a kid, so I was picky about the art, but I actually came to really love the art after a while. My boyfriend hated One Piece two. So I forced him to watch it. One Piece slowly became his favorite anime and he, like I felt horrible for ever insulting it. It's a master piece. People that hate it, don't watch it.

You really can't judge One Piece on the first episodes... Until you know all the crew mates, it's just really impossible to know the show. I really don't take any criticism seriously on One Piece, unless the person watched all the episodes, and isn't lying about it, two.... It's not too long. It's way too short. I want to still watch this anime when I'm an old lady.

I was writing this while a coyote was savagely eating a cat right outside my window. o_o Poor cat.
Sep 28, 2009 4:16 AM

Apr 2009
Manga_sama said:
I was writing this while a coyote was savagely eating a cat right outside my window. o_o Poor cat.

What the fuck? Should have gone to save it.
Sep 28, 2009 4:25 AM

Jan 2009
Haylias said:
Manga_sama said:

No, it killed it too fast. Under 30 seconds? They've been attacking people in my area. That just disturbed me.
Sep 28, 2009 5:05 AM
Aug 2009
Manga_sama said:
Haylias said:
Manga_sama said:

No, it killed it too fast. Under 30 seconds? They've been attacking people in my area. That just disturbed me.

LOL where do u live ?? and if that cayote kills people why arent u panicking O.o
Sep 28, 2009 5:41 AM

Jan 2009
LOL where do u live ?? and if that cayote kills people why arent u panicking O.o

People aren't being killed though, just attacked and bitten. They're feasting on house pets in the suburbs of Washington.

I didn't really think people would respond to that. Sorry for causing off-topicness.

But really, I think One Piece is one of the only series you'll find that people will troll before becoming addicted. It's a happy addiction though. I'm glad I converted. I've seen the One Piece light.
Manga_samaSep 28, 2009 5:45 AM
Sep 28, 2009 6:41 AM

Nov 2008
I detest the day the One Piece will end i would definitely miss this anime..

Haha too advance huh?

BTW how many eps will it have?
Sep 28, 2009 6:42 AM

Nov 2008
I detest the day the One Piece will end i would definitely miss this anime..

Haha too advance huh?

BTW how many eps will it have?

the_seventh_l said:
Annisa said:
jedimagician said:
i think one piece is a pretty cool guy. eh fights with lots of super powers and doesnt afraid of anything.

I think you have no idea what you're talking about.

It's a meme.

LOL watch one piece....
Sep 28, 2009 8:23 AM
Aug 2009
Manga_sama said:

People aren't being killed though, just attacked and bitten. They're feasting on house pets in the suburbs of Washington.

I didn't really think people would respond to that. Sorry for causing off-topicness.

But really, I think One Piece is one of the only series you'll find that people will troll before becoming addicted. It's a happy addiction though. I'm glad I converted. I've seen the One Piece light.

Haha its ok :P,But i never knew that info :D, And yes it is a very happy addiction...

But a very dangerous if u cant control it

This was written in my report card(Seriously,ofocurse not exactly but u know i changed a few words like false name and reasons of absence):

Name:Jack raiden
Grades:A-B-B-B-C
Late:25 times(Because i rewatched 2-5 eps of op before skool)
Absent:13 days(5 days in a row for one piece :S others were other animes)
Comments:Why the fuck is he absent!!!!, Good luck next year!
Sep 28, 2009 8:25 AM

Apr 2009
OP:

Because it's a shonen action show.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Sep 28, 2009 9:35 AM
Aug 2009
I realize the generalization of shounens :P,and thyre usually right

-Asking questions that dont need to be asked
-Saying ''are u ok?'' when the guy looks like hes 2 steps away from hell
-Spell/Move shouting(Bankai!,i actually love this part :D)
-Long battles which take 5-7 eps(Longer the better for me )
-Bs

But see one piece surpasses all that...

It isnt cheesy like Naruto, Eg: Hey guys,im gonna go kill this person-DATTEBAYO wtf? i know i know, its a ''catch phrsae''But after a while it gets annoying,Hmm..I guess i liked the dream of becoming hokage, but no progress on that while catching that fag sasuke xD

And bleach Umm.....I guess its repetative and sometimes even corny,The soul society stuff is really nice And its funny and i like it , but it has the same generlization shounens have :S, the 2 i hate which are asking questions all over again and saying ''are u ok'' . And keeps saying ''Ill protect my nakama'' and then the espada knocks inoue out O.O

Well One piece He says ''Ill be a pirate king''...Ok see thats kool cause he has a dream, and unlike Naruto he actually takes risks in going to the grandline,And facing dangers :S, all naruto did was 1.fail his chunnin exam 2.Hes still a genin 3.He is finding the gay sasuke for like..How long?? 200 eps now ??

Lol in one piece,rescueing robin took like 1 arc...Thats all...1 arc..of like i dont remember but not more than 20-40 eps,

Anyways yes some facts of mine may be incorrect but i think they are atleast 45% Right LOL, so The thing is ...One piece surpasses all!,and ofcourse If u think shounens are shit i cant blame ya :P Since they are made for kids xD mostly i guess

:D thanks for reading , i know its alot
Sep 28, 2009 4:51 PM

Jan 2009
Naruto and Bleach reallly aren't doing so hot in Shonen Jump right now, so it always feels a little bit unfair to compare them to One Piece. One Piece has remained in the top 3 on shonen jump for a consistent 10 years. I think the only manga that has beat One Piece recently is the manga Toriko.

but, anyways, here's an example on the shonen jump rankings recently that I found:

It'll be really interesting to see how One Piece does against Fairy Tail(don't know why it's not on the list) and Toriko when they get turned into anime.

buzbe said:

That's why college is so much better. I can read manga in class, and watch the anime during my gigantic breaks. I'm never bored, oh, but I also do get good grades of course.
Sep 28, 2009 11:03 PM
Sep 2008
saw it first dub on tv
hated it for years

mate made me watch it sub and loved it since
Sep 28, 2009 11:35 PM

Jan 2009
Manga_sama said:
My boyfriend hated One Piece two. So I forced him to watch it. One Piece slowly became his favorite anime and he, like I felt horrible for ever insulting it.
You forced him to watch it? Did you strap him down in a chair and pried his eyes open or something like this?:

XD
Sep 28, 2009 11:50 PM

Jan 2009
Lepchin17 said:
You forced him to watch it? Did you strap him down in a chair and pried his eyes open or something like this?

Yup, something like that. 20 episodes of forced watching, then nagging afterwords.
( ゚∀゚)アヒャヒャヒャヒャヒャヒャヒャヒゴッ!!!
Sep 29, 2009 12:05 AM

Jan 2009
Well he's a lucky guy.

.... can I borrow you from him? ;)
Sep 29, 2009 6:52 AM
Aug 2009
Manga_sama said:
Naruto and Bleach reallly aren't doing so hot in Shonen Jump right now, so it always feels a little bit unfair to compare them to One Piece. One Piece has remained in the top 3 on shonen jump for a consistent 10 years. I think the only manga that has beat One Piece recently is the manga Toriko.

but, anyways, here's an example on the shonen jump rankings recently that I found:

It'll be really interesting to see how One Piece does against Fairy Tail(don't know why it's not on the list) and Toriko when they get turned into anime.

buzbe said:

That's why college is so much better. I can read manga in class, and watch the anime during my gigantic breaks. I'm never bored, oh, but I also do get good grades of course.

Ya i cant wait for uni and college,1.5 years left till YEEEEY
Oct 1, 2009 3:03 PM

Feb 2009
Im assuming its because it has such a big fanbase, also Bleach and Naruto fanboys are not going to like it because some other people say its better. Oh and maybe because it was too slow at the start, that is why it is not as popular as the other two, they started off really well, whereas One Piece concentrated too much on character development and was not able to get the action bit right, therefore there was no balance, however all I can say short of another word is it is worth the damn wait!
Oct 3, 2009 2:56 PM

Jun 2009
Yes I would say the fan base is a turn off.
They assume superiority that there anime is better.
Really I don't hate it I just can't stand it.
It is just another stupid anime,
if you love it power to you.
If you dislike is (as myself)
you find something better.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Oct 5, 2009 12:45 AM
Jan 2008
Sami092 said:
Im assuming its because it has such a big fanbase, also Bleach and Naruto fanboys are not going to like it because some other people say its better. Oh and maybe because it was too slow at the start, that is why it is not as popular as the other two, they started off really well, whereas One Piece concentrated too much on character development and was not able to get the action bit right, therefore there was no balance, however all I can say short of another word is it is worth the damn wait!

As a Bleach fanboy, I approve this message.
and I would like to add that a good chunk of One Piece fans who diss Bleach never watched Bleach. Or, they didn't put it up on their lists.
So when I see that they are dissing it without ever giving it a chance, I find it's my duty to get pissed off, lol.
Oct 5, 2009 12:53 AM
Jul 2009
It's not right to say that ppl hated one piece.
Once that particular person started reading the manga, he/she will hooked on it. Even though, yes...the drawings are not everyone's taste but eiichirou's had a superb skills in terms of perspective and powerful action combats.He didn't rely much on screentones, all of them were so original.

Once u read the manga, never even bother the anime. I mean what can u expect from TOEI animation. This studio is one of the worst, but efforts were given only for movie productions.
Oct 5, 2009 8:51 AM

Jul 2009
Well I have a few friends who like anime and they all love Naruto and Bleach but every time I mention One Piece they dismiss it as 'silly' and 'childish' just from the fact it has weird art and an AWFUL dub. But 1 of said friends has grown to love it and the others have never given it a try so I just ignore them. >.>
Oct 5, 2009 9:13 AM

Apr 2008
One Piece has one of the shitieest fanbase of all anime. It might be cuz it's so big but they just can't stand anyone saying their 'oh so great' anime is not the best anime in the world.

It pisses me off. Those stupid people pussed me into watching 200+ episodes of with I might have liked 20 or 30 in total.

Also justification for the shitty art and messy backgrounds. Oda simply can't draw.
But they also have a nasty habbit of criticizing Bleach for having no plot no backgrounds and having no deaths. But Imo those are the things that are wrong with One Piece..

tl;dr: I don't know. I just don't like it cuz of the beforementioned reasons.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Oct 5, 2009 9:33 AM
Jan 2009
Well... You can say I'm a FanBoy or the hell, but I can't stand people who hate One Piece with out even whatching the whole series.. and thats cause I don't know 1 single person who has seen Enies Lobby and deslikes the series!!!
I was introducted to OP by a thousand of friends who were spamming my msn.. but I resited a bit cause the drawing really sucked and the first episode wasn't that good!!
But wheen I started watching I Saw 20 eps a day or more, and I couldn't stop..
And thats the basic comparation I make about OP and the rest of the shounen:
One piece is like wine.. it always go better with time
others are like crack.. every week I see them.. and I don't really like them haha

I respect Bleach, expecialy the SS arc.. but this arc sucks...
And thats the basic of every shounen
good start-goes down and down and down- finishes greatly or not so greatly

but OP is more like
Bad start-up uP UPP UUUPPP- and the finish is steel unknown!!

The grammar may be a little off, lett me know if I didn't make sense!! LoL

BTW: First Post!!
Oct 5, 2009 10:24 AM

Apr 2009
Remus_Lupa said:
One Piece has one of the shitieest fanbase of all anime.

actually naruto has lol)

btw dont compare the anime. Toei sux balls.
check the manga instead.
everyone loves the art.. cause its simple and unique
Oct 8, 2009 1:54 PM

Feb 2009
smokes said:
Remus_Lupa said:
One Piece has one of the shitieest fanbase of all anime.

actually naruto has lol)

btw dont compare the anime. Toei sux balls.
check the manga instead.
everyone loves the art.. cause its simple and unique

What do you mean "Toei Sux balls"?

Is it due to their inability to provide good animation, or what?
The way I see it is that they are doing a pretty good job, I mean their directing is of top standards. Its not really the studio's fault for lack of popularit, albeit their action sequences are relatively dull, but its just the series started off too slow, slower than the rest. In simpleton terms.
Oct 8, 2009 2:19 PM

Apr 2009
no, iw as talking about the studio, cause its one of the worst out there))
i mean they animate the anime ( not only one piece) very bad... they put quality only when are some fights, but in rest they dont even try to do it better))

anyway the only way that they are good at is fillers :D both OP and dragon ball fillers rocked :)
Oct 11, 2009 1:27 AM
Mar 2009
i believe it is over rated i use to hate it cause i heard so much about and just stopped but after while i gave it a chance again and read the manga which was up to the oz/ gecko moria battle against the strawhats and then finally started watching the anime again from start again

also does anyone know where i can download 54 to 345 ?
Oct 11, 2009 1:47 AM

Apr 2009
sebg said:

here
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=97518
Oct 18, 2009 7:14 AM
Aug 2009
sebg said:
i believe it is over rated i use to hate it cause i heard so much about and just stopped but after while i gave it a chance again and read the manga which was up to the oz/ gecko moria battle against the strawhats and then finally started watching the anime again from start again

Torrent + i have all episodes...Send me a message where u live ;P< if its close ill givem to ya
Oct 18, 2009 10:39 AM

May 2008
Remus_Lupa said:
Oda simply can't draw.

I don't really agree with anything you say but after all it's your opinion.

Still, THIS COMMENT is retarded. I really don't get what people dislike about the art of One Piece. I think it's unique and beautiful.
Oct 18, 2009 4:13 PM

May 2007
Sennin_Darkissa said:
Remus_Lupa said:
Oda simply can't draw.

I don't really agree with anything you say but after all it's your opinion.

Still, THIS COMMENT is retarded. I really don't get what people dislike about the art of One Piece. I think it's unique and beautiful.

It's not that he can't draw. That's an asinine comment. It's just not aesthetically pleasing to the person. I can respect that. Not everyone likes all the same things. Or in this case, unique things.
Oct 20, 2009 11:02 AM

Oct 2009
Its just something I could never get into and that was years ago. and believe me I have tried skipping and giving it more than a second chance.

Common thing? I hate the art. i hear people praise it yet I see x10 better drawn animes get critisiced. That is what really seperates anime from cartoons though. The art.
Commonly people try to compare it to more classic cartoons. Don't kid yourselves. Classic cartoons/anime were actually very well drawn than the cartoons you see on TV now adays. Personally it reminds me of half ***ed drawn crap done by a grade schoolers.

example: lets say something really classic and old.
Tom and Jerry: 1940 - Very old yet very well drawn artistic ect. epic classic.
One Piece: dunno the year. but in looks it would probably compare to something you would currently find on cartoon network. I wanna say Flap Jack but thats to cruel nothing is that horribly drawn (that I know of).

Characters: really. some of the names and the way they look are just. I wanna say mediocre but thats to good a word. how creative "Gol D. Roger" "Gold Roger" hes a pirate. wow. I get it.

Powers: My memory is bad but some of which that I can are not to impressive. "Stretching" Wow. how many times have I seen this one? How did you get them? A piece of fruit. What the ****.

Really you talk about Narutards and whatnot but One Piece fan base is not really different, go around the internet say a similar opinion to mine trying not to be that offensive and you will automatically get flamed by many people. Most of which fail horribly. Bright side is so far I havent seen some nerd trying to compare whos tougher like they do Naruto and Ichigo (Ichigo wins obviously btw. dont argue)

Saw somewhere on a review about the 1/5 watched rating thing. sadly I think thats just a minor thing it would change quite a few ranks down. but really the perspective is right. I couldnt stand getting past like the first 20 being generous why the hell would i want to go to halfway through season 3 (about 80eps is the requirement for this anime)

You can say what you want to me but my opinion stands :| I wont go so far as to give it a 1 or 2 I just will never get into this anime. If it can be called that really.
Oct 20, 2009 6:40 PM

Jun 2008
Tsukizero said:
Its just something I could never get into and that was years ago. and believe me I have tried skipping and giving it more than a second chance.

Common thing? I hate the art. i hear people praise it yet I see x10 better drawn animes get critisiced. That is what really seperates anime from cartoons though.

After watching 1 episode, I was an One Piece hater because of the art, characters, etc. and continued to hate it with a burning passion.
A year later, I gave it a second chance because of some arguments why OP was so great.
Somehow I managed to watch a lot of episodes because I hadn't anything else to do and then BAM Arlong Park arc. After finishing that arc, it completely changed everything I thought about OP and I even got used to the art style.

Unfortunately.. I'm talking about episode 52 (or something) here.. I don't think a lot of people would carry on that long. (you said about 80 episodes is the requirement.. I guess that's right too, considering the filler arc that's in between there, although it's completey skippable. And maybe I just love the Arlong Arc too much?).
AND there is still a chance One Piece just isn't an anime everyone would like, even after watching a LOT of episodes, like Remus_Lupa. I simply can't believe in 'everyone loves that' or 'everyone hates that'.

As for the art, yes, even though I love OP very much, I think there are many anime out there with more realistic and better colored art. It's not that Oda can't draw, it's just that OP has a very unique style (like many ppl before me mentioned) that is more cartoonish than other anime in general. If the art and character design interest you more than story and background, you probably won't like OP, unless you don't mind the less realistically drawn characters or if you can enjoy that style. Same with the story: it might not appeal everyone.

Tsukizero said:

Really you talk about Narutards and whatnot but One Piece fan base is not really different, go around the internet say a similar opinion to mine trying not to be that offensive and you will automatically get flamed by many people.

In my opinion, that's with almost every (hardcore) fan base. If you bash their fandom, of course you'll be flamed. No one likes it when you completely bash something that someone else loves greatly, no matter what it is (unless that person doesn't really care about what other people say).

Of course. You're entitled to your opinion. No one can force you to like an anime that you might not like, whether you watch it completely or not anyway.
Oct 21, 2009 6:42 AM

Dec 2008
Like many I hesitated due to the artwork (Which is not bad but different) and the idea of catching up, thanks to a couple of guys like SMOKES I gave it a chance and fell in love with it. Now the idea of watching 400+ episodes is great because I'll have plenty of show to watch. n_n
Oct 21, 2009 11:38 AM

Jan 2009
I haven't posted in this thread yet...that's a shame.

One Piece art never really got to me, i actually enjoyed it. It was a nice change from all of the generic crap that kept coming out(I didn't start watching One Piece till somewhere around 2007-08).

But what made One Piece great is the amazing writing of Oda. For this type of genre Oda is truly a rare gem. He is a master story teller and is able to depict everything so clearly. He does not cut corners when exploring his characters. His characters back story's are some of the best i have come across, and each and every of his main character's go through some sort of development.

He takes the time to make sure the reader truly understands how vast this world is. The reason why they haven't found One Piece yet, is because it is truly that hard to make it to the end of the grand line, it would have a lot less impact if a new pirate was able to come in and find One Piece in a couple of years, when the likes of the entire Navy or greats like Whitebeard could never find it.

The entire story of One Piece has sucked me in, just the huge plot twist that you never see coming, amazing characters, huge universe and really great action make this anime/manga truly a wonderful ride.
Oct 21, 2009 11:31 PM

Mar 2009
whats so good about moe shows then ?

the art? (loli with big eyes?)

the plot? (school harem?)

the characters? (the male lead that looks like every other male lead?) or (the females who all have a set formula: quiet one, tomboy, childhood friend, sister, loud one)

the romance? (dialogue is basically.. male lead goes "ummm" and the female falls in love just from that, then they call each other name back and forth, throwing "ummm" in there once in while

the comedy? (how many times is every moe show gonna go to the beach/hot springs/festival/theme park)
Oct 22, 2009 12:26 AM

Apr 2009
mrbushido said:

ahh dont bother to respond..

there's no point talking to him
Oct 22, 2009 1:50 PM

Mar 2009
To be completely honest, when I first heard of One Piece I really wanted to try it out but the amount of episodes put me off. Also the art style looked pretty awful because it was 'old' and so turned me off almost completely.

About a year later, I became friends with someone on Youtube and they told me to try it out, guaranteeing I'd love it. So I went off and downloaded the first 10 episodes. The next thing I knew I was through about 120 episodes because it just grabbed me and wouldn't let go. Now I am up to date with both anime and manga, being #1 on both my lists. I now love the art style too, it's original and grows on you during the course of the anime.

If anyone hasn't given this anime a chance, at least 30 episodes, and say they hate it then they're some extremely unbright people. Don't judge a book by it's cover, read the first few chapters and then you have the right to judge it.

{{ TCO }} {{ ACP }} {{ TSC }} {{ LAC }}
Oct 25, 2009 1:40 AM

May 2007
who cares , I like it that's what matters
Oct 26, 2009 1:48 AM

Feb 2008
DarkFlash said:
who cares , I like it that's what matters

Amen brother.
Oct 26, 2009 4:02 AM

Jul 2009
one piece is a series which i found average at the start but however it kept getting better and better , and now it is getting the credits which iit deserves
Oct 26, 2009 8:21 AM

Mar 2009
smokes said:
mrbushido said:

ahh dont bother to respond..

there's no point talking to him

ill respond to myself then! since it was kinda trick question :D

the answer is.. those things i listed are the good things about moe shows,, some people like that about them and some dont, its the same for every genre, theres always gonna be little internet vs conflicts but

the lesson would be... if u gonna talk crap then expect crap back
Oct 26, 2009 11:24 AM
Oct 2009
I tried watching One Piece I really tried. made it to episode 155
Now I cant personally hate the series just all the ridiculous hype. One Piece... well.. its just sucks. You can call me hypocrite for saying this because im probably the biggest DB/DBZ fanboy. and just like the poster above me said, since everybody love to bash DB/DBZ Im gonna bash their beloved shows. I tell you why I think it sucks: WARNING!! WALL OF TEXT

You might think One Piece is something new but it is seen quite often in video games and many shows that came before it. Im not saying it should do something that has never been done before. Its just when you've seen the same stuff 100 times before the 101st time will be about as boring as watching dishes. What irritates me the most is One Piece fans go out of the way and say that its better than Naruto or Bleach or DBZ when it does the same exact shit. Yea so what if Naruto and Bleach has fillers. Well So does One Piece with its Island of the month(s) formula. Seriously how long do they have to take the find the freaking treasure. How many Island background checks we have to go through, and How many lame villains they have to fight. which lead me to the next reason

Most of the villains are just plain stupid, they really have no motives other than to be complete douchebags. Neither of them have no personality other than their evil characteristics. Honestly why the hell arlong taxed a entire island for years other than to stoke his ego. What does Crocodile gain after killing off millions of people. They dont have any reasons they're just evil. Kim possible have better villains.

I also hate how One Piece has this Goku syndrome. Like how Luffy like food and acts stupid but is a good guy(Ignorance is bliss after all *rolls eyes*), and no matter how hard the side characters fight they can never beat the big bad guy without Luffy's help. I hate when this happen, I mean this is like a direct insult to normal people. Mostly all fantasy anime does that though. I use to like Luffy's crew but since they dont show any character development(with the exception of maybe Zoro) after they leave their home island. They become boring watch and you just want them to hurry with their fights, repetitive flashback scenes or typical dialogue so Luffy can kick the big bad's ass and move on.

I stopped watching after the croc arc or was it the beginning of sky island? I just cant really get myself to watch this anymore. In a way this show is like pokemon inuyasha and dragonball(not Z) stirred up with pirate myths.

maybe I should just make my own manga for my own amusement than I probably wont waste my time watching shows like these
Oct 26, 2009 11:26 AM

Apr 2009
I liked the anime before they changed all the voices.. Never really read the manga, excluding a couple or chapters in SJ.
"To avoid criticism; Say nothing. Do nothing. Be nothing."
OutouCiel

Oct 26, 2009 12:21 PM

Apr 2009
OutouCiel said:
I liked the anime before they changed all the voices.. Never really read the manga, excluding a couple or chapters in SJ.

when did they changed all the voices ? O_o
that didnt happen... maybe you missunderstood something
Oct 26, 2009 2:36 PM

Jan 2009
BigAnon said:

You might think One Piece is something new but it is seen quite often in video games and many shows that came before it. Im not saying it should do something that has never been done before. Its just when you've seen the same stuff 100 times before the 101st time will be about as boring as watching dishes. What irritates me the most is One Piece fans go out of the way and say that its better than Naruto or Bleach or DBZ when it does the same exact shit. Yea so what if Naruto and Bleach has fillers. Well So does One Piece with its Island of the month(s) formula. Seriously how long do they have to take the find the freaking treasure. How many Island background checks we have to go through, and How many lame villains they have to fight. which lead me to the next reason

Most of the villains are just plain stupid, they really have no motives other than to be complete douchebags. Neither of them have no personality other than their evil characteristics. Honestly why the hell arlong taxed a entire island for years other than to stoke his ego. What does Crocodile gain after killing off millions of people. They dont have any reasons they're just evil. Kim possible have better villains.

While it's true One Piece has filler's, they are no where near as long or bad as Naruto and Bleach. One Piece filler's are integrated into the story amazingly well. Honestly until i went back and read the manga i seriously thought that most of the filler's were just another stop on their very long jounry.

This isn't true at all, if you had paid attention to Croc's true intentions you would've noticed his true plan. He wasn't doing it to just be evil, he actually had a greater plan it was well explained.

BigAnon said:
I also hate how One Piece has this Goku syndrome. Like how Luffy like food and acts stupid but is a good guy(Ignorance is bliss after all *rolls eyes*), and no matter how hard the side characters fight they can never beat the big bad guy without Luffy's help. I hate when this happen, I mean this is like a direct insult to normal people. Mostly all fantasy anime does that though. I use to like Luffy's crew but since they dont show any character development(with the exception of maybe Zoro) after they leave their home island. They become boring watch and you just want them to hurry with their fights, repetitive flashback scenes or typical dialogue so Luffy can kick the big bad's ass and move on.

While i will agree with you on the Luffy Goku thing, as the whole eating food is a comedy skit used in many anime outside of shounen. While it's true in most shounen the main character will take down the biggest bad guy, and One Piece isn't really an exception. However while it may be Luffy bringing down the bad guy it is always his crew supporting him(This can be seen in Sky Island and Thriller Bark, because without his crew there was no way he would've survived).

And no the characters do not stop going through development. In fact One Piece has some of the best character development in any Shounen or anime for that matter. Character's struggle with their own personality and ability flaws each and every arc and somehow come out different each and every time.

While the Flashback's may seem annoying, it is necessary. Remember this anime is over 400 episode's long and those flashback's are put in there for people who continue to follow the series. You can't possible expect someone to remember something from over 200 episode's ago(Especially when it aired 4-5 years ago).
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

11 by ThaTOnEGuY4_ »»
2 hours ago

» One Piece should be a bi-weekly release

Zeverinsen - Aug 8, 2019

2 by cerise_serris »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
9 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 9 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.