Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 14, 2009 4:58 PM
Aug 2009
Ok i know people have diffrent tastes and such but u know this anime is really go- no wait..calling it an anime compared to most of the shit that comes out is an insult :P ok lets go with treasure,anways It Makes you feel the dream of the chars and its a very long Adventures anime with good chars and better enjoyment than most of the others.

Some people might also say ''its too long'' haha....Belive me , youll be wishing for more episodes once u reach The arabasta arc

Look ill tell u this , no matter wat ure reason is , if ure even free wondering ''Wat anime should i watch next'' Go watch it,if u didnt like ep 1 , continue up until 4-8 eps ,if u dont like it ,n continue , but wait if u cant stand it ,drop it
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2009 10:00 PM

Sep 2009
I agree! One Piece= GREATEST COMIC/SHOW EVER CREATED! HANDS DOWN!
Sep 14, 2009 10:09 PM

Nov 2008
One Piece RULES..!
Sep 14, 2009 10:12 PM

Nov 2008
I would like to explain it myself...but I'm lazy, so I'll have someone else do the work.

http://www.baka-raptor.com/2009/08/01/three-strikes-for-one-piece/
Sep 14, 2009 10:49 PM

Feb 2008
Forget about it. Haters are dime a dozen. If you enjoy One Piece, then that should be good enough.
Sep 14, 2009 10:53 PM

Apr 2009
I don't hate One Piece, I just don't really like it. It is just a meh and I never got into it.

The story moves at snails pace, I dislike the art, the characters don't really interest me and it still has that weekly shounen jump feel.
Sep 15, 2009 12:20 AM

Apr 2009
one piece is above the usual shounen animes like naruto/bleach...

the art is amazing i'd like to say...
and OP has more humour and drama than other shounen series...
Sep 15, 2009 2:06 AM
Jun 2009
one piece = win
Sep 15, 2009 8:35 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Because a lot of people love One Piece I guess.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 15, 2009 8:37 AM

Nov 2008
Because they have the right to hate it.
If they haven't, they wouldn't hate it.
Sep 15, 2009 8:38 AM

Apr 2009
cyruz said:
Because a lot of people love One Piece I guess.

The fanbase is a huge turnoff as well, yes. Not because of the size, but of the attitude.
Sep 17, 2009 4:36 AM

May 2009
I just dont get it when people complain about the art style, its like complaining about a video game with average graphics, as long as the core of it is good fun, it shouldn't matter what the outside looks like. (This doesn't apply to chicks tho)
Sep 17, 2009 6:07 AM

May 2007
Stythys said:
I would like to explain it myself...but I'm lazy, so I'll have someone else do the work.

Lol, that was a funny read. I love how people will judge the entire 400+ episode series on 20 or so episode. That's the same as judging a normal 26 episode series on the first episode.

Of course, that is a big weakness of the One Piece anime. The first 20 or so episodes do not reflect the best parts about One Piece. And watching those beginning episodes does take some patience.
Sep 17, 2009 9:41 AM
Jun 2009
i think one piece is a pretty cool guy. eh fights with lots of super powers and doesnt afraid of anything.
Sep 17, 2009 9:48 AM
Aug 2007
Who cares what they think? If you enjoy it, you enjoy it. Their opinions shouldn't bother you.
Sep 17, 2009 9:54 AM

Dec 2008
Because of the art. Which just shows how stupid some people are.
PineappledishesSep 17, 2009 10:39 AM
Sep 17, 2009 10:08 AM
Sep 2009
most people dont hate one piece, if they say they hate it,

its not because they watched it and hated it.
its because they never watched it and never gave it a chance.

anyone who gives one piece a chance would fall in love with it. guaranteed.

people love naruto more, why? because of publicity, but in japan, one piece runs on a weekly basis, people are exposed to it even if they once loved naruto more, its like leaving the tv on while you do other things, but slowly once they watch it a few times, they realize one piece is definitely the best.

hence why one piece is #1 in japan. anywhere else = lack of exposure, and some people who posted before me proves my point. they never gave one piece a chance.

imo, naruto and bleach has their up and downs. and when they have their downs, its completely miserable, you just want to beat up the people writing the storyline.

but!!!! one piece.. NEVER has downs... its always UP UP AND UPPPPPPPP. hence one piece rules. and people who never give it a chance..... thats too bad, they TRULY dont know what they are missing.

p.s. yea the art has something to do with why some ppl never gave it a chance.

for me... it was the idea of catching up on the series.

i spent the last week of summer vacation watching 1-410 & reading the manga afterwards to update myself. it was AWESOME.
Serah_Sep 17, 2009 10:12 AM
Sep 17, 2009 10:55 AM

Apr 2009
#17 yeah, +1

but personally i love the simple ART... that is perfect.

and the humour also pwnes)))
Sep 17, 2009 6:12 PM
Oct 2007
jedimagician said:
i think one piece is a pretty cool guy. eh fights with lots of super powers and doesnt afraid of anything.

I think you have no idea what you're talking about.
Sep 17, 2009 6:14 PM
Aug 2007
Annisa said:
jedimagician said:

It's a meme.
Sep 17, 2009 6:14 PM

Jul 2008
Annisa said:
jedimagician said:

Don't take him seriously, it's a pun with a meme.

I don't dislike one piece, well I dislike the anime of one piece. To begin with the animation is average and we get a lot of still shot in fight, the color used suck ass.

The manga is great imo even tough I stopped reading it a while ago.
Sep 18, 2009 12:50 PM
Aug 2009
Serah said:

anyone who gives one piece a chance would fall in love with it. guaranteed.

people love naruto more, why? because of publicity, but in japan, one piece runs on a weekly basis, people are exposed to it even if they once loved naruto more, its like leaving the tv on while you do other things, but slowly once they watch it a few times, they realize one piece is definitely the best.

hence why one piece is #1 in japan. anywhere else = lack of exposure, and some people who posted before me proves my point. they never gave one piece a chance.

imo, naruto and bleach has their up and downs. and when they have their downs, its completely miserable, you just want to beat up the people writing the storyline.

but!!!! one piece.. NEVER has downs... its always UP UP AND UPPPPPPPP. hence one piece rules. and people who never give it a chance..... thats too bad, they TRULY dont know what they are missing.

p.s. yea the art has something to do with why some ppl never gave it a chance.

for me... it was the idea of catching up on the series.

i spent the last week of summer vacation watching 1-410 & reading the manga afterwards to update myself. it was AWESOME.

UP UP UP UP U are soo right
Sep 18, 2009 1:08 PM
Aug 2009
wtf http://www.baka-raptor.com/2009/08/01/three-strikes-for-one-piece/
is this guy a retard or what???

This is what he posted

In every arc, Luffy is guaranteed to do something utterly retarded that directly jeopardizes the well-being of those he supposedly cares about. Then he’ll invariably spout a few tear-jerking lines about fighting with everything he’s got to protect them. Sorry Luffy, fuck you. Where were your themes of friendship when you:

Got hypnotized as Usopp repeatedly yelled at you not to stare at the guy who was obviously trying to hypnotize you
Embedded your feet in concrete, thereby rendering yourself helpless in battle and allowing yourself to be conveniently sunk to the bottom of the ocean
Got stuck between two walls for a week when all it took to break free was a little willpower.

Wtf!? the Creator made luffy that way to make it more entertaining and funny!!

This guy is such and idiot omg!
Sep 18, 2009 1:13 PM

Apr 2009
yeah, just dont pay atention to that lol....
Sep 18, 2009 3:53 PM

Jun 2008
actually the one piece anime isn't that good. The whole style doesnt even resemble the general anime way.
Oh and that new vest luffy got.. fail
the manga is fantastic though
Sep 18, 2009 3:59 PM

Aug 2009
At first I thought One Piece was overrated. That is until I gave it a chance and started watching the anime and reading the manga. Now Its one of my favorite anime and manga. Doesn't have much fillers compare to Naruto and Bleach.
Sep 18, 2009 11:59 PM
Aug 2009
SoFarGone said:
At first I thought One Piece was overrated. That is until I gave it a chance and started watching the anime and reading the manga. Now Its one of my favorite anime and manga. Doesn't have much fillers compare to Naruto and Bleach.

:D only fillers that are not about the storyline are the Old japan fillers,The other ones(Visiting islands) are not filler,they are the story because its true that when travelling you need to stop in islands :P
Sep 19, 2009 1:11 AM
Sep 2008
bleach sucks but i cant stop watching hoping it will get better if you watch 5+ eps at one time bleach rox but 1 every week is killing you with boredom

narutoo gets annoying every1 is to friendly to much i wanna save my friend but its still good

KHR (hitman reborn) rox! but every week you only get like 10 mins of show and 5 mins of review and 3 mins of previews so you end up with 7 mins of show a week it gets annoying

one piece has a packed episode but the arcs are long and draged out sure some1 crys every now and then thats how they become a man its a show about wimps getting their act together and growing up as well as a show about fallowing you dreams

dreams are very important part of one piece with out them we wouldnt have a pimp crew like we got

they are pulled together to aid each other reach their goal

i dont know of any better lesson then friendship and dreams
Sep 19, 2009 3:36 AM

Jan 2008
One Piece ftw, and that dude from
should watch more of OP than some episodes from 10 years ago. Go die (to author of the article).
Sep 19, 2009 3:41 AM

Apr 2009
See, this is what I was talking about when I said the attitude of the One Piece fan puts you off reading the manga. So obnoxious and butthurt it is impossible to believe.
Sep 19, 2009 7:05 AM
Aug 2009
tazfelis said:
One Piece ftw, and that dude from
should watch more of OP than some episodes from 10 years ago. Go die (to author of the article).

Dying isnt enough!!! Burn in Hell!!! Author
Sep 19, 2009 7:09 AM

Jun 2009
Serah said:

I hate it because I watched it....

I dunno,,I just can't like this anime...
Sep 19, 2009 8:26 AM

Apr 2009
IZUMI64 said:

lol i this came froma lucky star fan then everything is clear X)
Sep 19, 2009 8:42 AM

Jun 2009
smokes said:
IZUMI64 said:

lol i this came froma lucky star fan then everything is clear X)

I watched JUMP anime,,and like most of them...but just this anime I can't -I wonder why-

actually I want to like it,,but....
Sep 19, 2009 9:20 AM

Apr 2009
they how can you like fairy tail ? o_O
its the same art.

you just have to watch the anime with pleasure, enjoy it.
Sep 19, 2009 9:24 AM

Jun 2009
good question...

yeah,,actually I read Fairy tail because One piece...

mangaka said fairy tail was inspired by One piece,,than I curious and started to read,,

till now,,I became to like it... even Natsu and Luffy similar...
Sep 19, 2009 9:44 AM

Apr 2009
watch this clip x)
maybe you'll like brook :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LapJoVn5zbg
Sep 19, 2009 5:10 PM
Jan 2008
I'd say the fanbase...
Before I picked up one piece I was always on the bleach boards reading about how 'bleach sux...one piece FTW!!!'
I only caved in when Smokes (our very own one piece promoter on this site ;p) got me into watching it, and I've enjoyed it ever since.
Sep 19, 2009 8:34 PM

Jul 2006
TrowaBarton141 said:
I'd say the fanbase...
Before I picked up one piece I was always on the bleach boards reading about how 'bleach sux...one piece FTW!!!'
I only caved in when Smokes (our very own one piece promoter on this site ;p) got me into watching it, and I've enjoyed it ever since.
Ah man, you beat me to it.

One Piece fans know they like the better shounen, and seem to always like to bring it up whenever they are given the chance. Hell, a few posts in this thread are just like that. That's beyond irritating, and I can imagine people not liking it for that reason.

Shounens will always be under scrutiny just because they are shounens that follow some kind of "shounen formula" XD and this turns people off. Why? I dunno. I think those guys are silly. Moe anime is by far more generic than any shounen out there.
So One Piece is hated for that also.

Oh, and back in the day people would always complain about the animation/art style.
The anime's art style oscillates between amazing and utter shit. The manga is just magnificent. etc etc

and One piece is gay. Who the hell likes pirates? Ninjas are so much cooler.

Sep 19, 2009 8:36 PM

Mar 2009
No idea. I've never watched it.
Sep 19, 2009 10:13 PM

Feb 2008
Haylias said:
See, this is what I was talking about when I said the attitude of the One Piece fan puts you off reading the manga. So obnoxious and butthurt it is impossible to believe.

You talk like ONLY One Piece fans are guilty of this. If something has a strong fan following there is a greater chance that obnoxious and pretentious elitists will ruin it for everyone else. For every crazed One Piece fanatic that screams "One Piece!11" there is an equal amount of Naruto fans who are not so different. I'm not trying to single out Naruto here either, it's just the first thing that came to mind.

Instead of blaming the fans, why not give it a chance yourself and draw your own conclusions?
Sep 19, 2009 10:28 PM

Apr 2009
seraphjei said:
Haylias said:

You talk like ONLY One Piece fans are guilty of this. If something has a strong fan following there is a greater chance that obnoxious and pretentious elitists will ruin it for everyone else. For every crazed One Piece fanatic that screams "One Piece!11" there is an equal amount of Naruto fans who are not so different. I'm not trying to single out Naruto here either, it's just the first thing that came to mind.

Instead of blaming the fans, why not give it a chance yourself and draw your own conclusions?

I already pointed out my quarrels with the series a little while back. If your main plot point is finding treasure, if you haven't found it after 500 chapters something is wrong with your pacing.

Also, Naruto + Bleach fans usually admit that what they like is trashy and don't mind if people bash it. One Piece fans get amazingly insecure and defensive.
Sep 19, 2009 11:02 PM

Feb 2008
Haylias said:

I already pointed out my quarrels with the series a little while back. If your main plot point is finding treasure, if you haven't found it after 500 chapters something is wrong with your pacing.

Also, Naruto + Bleach fans usually admit that what they like is trashy and don't mind if people bash it. One Piece fans get amazingly insecure and defensive.

If those are your qualms with the show then so be it, I really have no right to intrude on your own opinions.

So are you saying striving for mediocrity is something that should be lauded? Commendable indeed, if that was the point you were trying to make. But my point wasn't knocking Naruto for being trashy at all was it? I was simply using that to exemplify that every fanbase has an overzealous and over-defensive sub-population. Which is true of both One Piece AND Naruto. Are you trying to tell me that Naruto and Bleach is not subject to fanatical fanboys?

And your last point, Feel free to bash One Piece all you want, it won't detract away from my enjoyment of the series. I can honestly say you are making the mistake of thinking that a small portion of a population accurately reflects the mindset of the entire majority. There is good and bad of both. Once again, I am not entirely sure whether or not you have seen One Piece as I can't seem to find it on your list (although it sounds you are familiar with it). But if you have not given a try, I suggest you do so before criticizing it so harshly.
Sep 19, 2009 11:05 PM
Aug 2009
Umm....Another thing i wanna point out...

Unlike Bleach and naruto

Bleach:I wanna protect my friends/I wanna kill aizen but i dont wanna hurt humans!
Naruto:I wanna rescue that fag sasuke and hit orochimaru until he crys and says he wants to be friends
One piece:I wana become the pirate king and find one piece!!

See the diffrance ? :P One piecea acctualy has a Goal unlike those Half-assed principles

And haylias...Yes the story drags on but isnt it better than naruto (100 filler Arc) and bleaches(Filler that has nothing to do with the story!! For example:Grimmjow vs ichigo...Then by magical uses they are back in the real world O.o w t f!!!!

Heck even one piece filler/Movies are 10 times better than other anime fillers!

One piece ftw!

And as for moe anime,imo It doesnt compare to any anime,moe are made to make money ;S and to me are the least entertaining genre of anime
buzbeSep 19, 2009 11:10 PM
Sep 19, 2009 11:09 PM
Aug 2009
seraphjei said:
Haylias said:

But if you have not given a try, I suggest you do so before criticizing it so harshly..

Please give one piece a try Haylis!!

Watch till the Arlong arc in ep 40!! the real fun starts then

Omg i remember the days i used to watch one piece,A n w Root beer on 1 hand and Lunch on the other....Kick back and get excited sooo much

This anime gave me soo much good memorys!

i suggest u watch it m8
Sep 19, 2009 11:56 PM
Oct 2008
ALRIGHT,

first of all, i am not an anime list guy, tho i do watch a LOT of anime... SO, ppl who would look at my list and try to find out my taste, dont, cus i only keep this account to msg few of my friends.

One of my friend showed me to the link to this, and too bad, i cannot keep my mouth shut and watch those "ONE PIECE ROCK" "argument"....

ONE PIECE. is an epic, if you have never read an epic before, or dont know the definition of it, go wikipedia it- -.

THEREFORE, for some 1 whom is confused, getting the treasure is NOT THE POINT OF THIS ANIME! tho wtf is the one piece still beats me....

Tho, i am going to avoid the fanbase topic, because there r always that 1% or even 10% of the ppl that are literally retarded saying stuff w/o even knowing what hes saying.

still~ one piece is amazing for a lack of a better word, the author has done some really deep research in history, western culture, etc etc etc... the story itself is exquisite, it is suitable for all ages yet grown ups can still enjoy it as much as the kids will, if not, even more.

The art, for ppl who dislike it, it is a style, as its theme its the pirate age, and pirates are known as a western thing,,, therefore, western comic style is commonly used in this series(how can you say the art is not good?!?!!?!) the purpose of the art, in a comic book, in an anime is to TELL THE FUCKING STORY! not to impress you how pretty they are good at imagining a perfect girlfriend, well, if in that case, its fine if it is complimentery, but it is not suppose to distract you from the story. so for those ppl who thinks one piece has "shitty art" tell me, what style would you use? and i believe if you do watch it, you will notice the author is really detailed about scenery, and if you do watch...you will find its beauty just like how people would find beauty in the art of piccaso.

just finished downlaoding an ep,,, now im gona hurry up and end --

for those who thinks one piece moves in a snail pace...
i would have to agree w/ a post earlier, you would wish there r more eps...

for ppl who is not interested in one piece's character, i'l have to say you must watch it, each character has complications in emotions/character/background story in their own way...

LAST WORDS
for those who hates one piece, truely, go watch it before you judge, i hate naruto now, but i still watch every single ep thats out.... for those who thinks their time is too valueble and precious and dont want to waste it on a long show- stop watching anime.
Sep 20, 2009 2:39 AM

Apr 2009
seraphjei said:
Haylias said:

If those are your qualms with the show then so be it, I really have no right to intrude on your own opinions.

So are you saying striving for mediocrity is something that should be lauded? Commendable indeed, if that was the point you were trying to make. But my point wasn't knocking Naruto for being trashy at all was it? I was simply using that to exemplify that every fanbase has an overzealous and over-defensive sub-population. Which is true of both One Piece AND Naruto. Are you trying to tell me that Naruto and Bleach is not subject to fanatical fanboys?

And your last point, Feel free to bash One Piece all you want, it won't detract away from my enjoyment of the series. I can honestly say you are making the mistake of thinking that a small portion of a population accurately reflects the mindset of the entire majority. There is good and bad of both. Once again, I am not entirely sure whether or not you have seen One Piece as I can't seem to find it on your list (although it sounds you are familiar with it). But if you have not given a try, I suggest you do so before criticizing it so harshly.

I only really use the manga part of my list to keep track of what I am reading, don't bother with a dropped pile (unlike my Anime list). I gave One Piece (manga and anime (4kids, admittedly)) a shot and it just wasn't for me, ah well.

And it is probably just my experience with fans of this certain show. I rarely discuss anime/manga seriously outside of /a/ and the One Piece fans are horrendous and most people tell me that they are not a completely off representation of the fanbase in general. I was kind of inclined to believe that.

Maybe I will give One Piece another go, if I run out of things to read. The size is certainly daunting though.
Sep 20, 2009 3:02 AM
Aug 2009
xieandy said:
ALRIGHT,

first of all, i am not an anime list guy, tho i do watch a LOT of anime... SO, ppl who would look at my list and try to find out my taste, dont, cus i only keep this account to msg few of my friends.

One of my friend showed me to the link to this, and too bad, i cannot keep my mouth shut and watch those "ONE PIECE ROCK" "argument"....

ONE PIECE. is an epic, if you have never read an epic before, or dont know the definition of it, go wikipedia it- -.

THEREFORE, for some 1 whom is confused, getting the treasure is NOT THE POINT OF THIS ANIME! tho wtf is the one piece still beats me....

Tho, i am going to avoid the fanbase topic, because there r always that 1% or even 10% of the ppl that are literally retarded saying stuff w/o even knowing what hes saying.

still~ one piece is amazing for a lack of a better word, the author has done some really deep research in history, western culture, etc etc etc... the story itself is exquisite, it is suitable for all ages yet grown ups can still enjoy it as much as the kids will, if not, even more.

The art, for ppl who dislike it, it is a style, as its theme its the pirate age, and pirates are known as a western thing,,, therefore, western comic style is commonly used in this series(how can you say the art is not good?!?!!?!) the purpose of the art, in a comic book, in an anime is to TELL THE FUCKING STORY! not to impress you how pretty they are good at imagining a perfect girlfriend, well, if in that case, its fine if it is complimentery, but it is not suppose to distract you from the story. so for those ppl who thinks one piece has "shitty art" tell me, what style would you use? and i believe if you do watch it, you will notice the author is really detailed about scenery, and if you do watch...you will find its beauty just like how people would find beauty in the art of piccaso.

just finished downlaoding an ep,,, now im gona hurry up and end --

for those who thinks one piece moves in a snail pace...
i would have to agree w/ a post earlier, you would wish there r more eps...

for ppl who is not interested in one piece's character, i'l have to say you must watch it, each character has complications in emotions/character/background story in their own way...

LAST WORDS
for those who hates one piece, truely, go watch it before you judge, i hate naruto now, but i still watch every single ep thats out.... for those who thinks their time is too valueble and precious and dont want to waste it on a long show- stop watching anime.

I agree with trying to watch it!

I watched Ouran host club/naruto/Kimikiss pure rogue even though i hated all of them deeply(Naruto in shippuuden) when i finished them!

And some i loved Like Baccano! i watched the first ep..Im like..Wtf is this stupaid stuff

11 eps later...OMG THAT WAS EPIC

Give something a chance!!!

And think about it ...What if u never tried anime cause u thought it was ''For kids'' or ''stupaid cartoons'' or ''Pictures'' ??? see alot of people Judge something before they Look at the true meaning!

And as the true meaning of One piece

IMO : The creator is trying to say dont give up on ure dreams, Even if u screwed up badly(Eg:When luffy fights lucchi and hes on the floor) Get up and Do what u have to do(Jet gatling the mF!)

And i guess its trying to Show us some pirates :)

and as for the main plot

Luffy wants to be the Pirate king and wants to find one piece!!

This is the main Goal of the series..Yes its not all he wants...But still this is the main goal!! why else would they want to go to the grand line!!

Luffy promised shanks hes gona be a better pirate than him and find one piece!!!! which is the main point!!!

''I only really use the manga part of my list to keep track of what I am reading, don't bother with a dropped pile (unlike my Anime list). I gave One Piece (manga and anime (4kids, admittedly)) a shot and it just wasn't for me, ah well.

And it is probably just my experience with fans of this certain show. I rarely discuss anime/manga seriously outside of /a/ and the One Piece fans are horrendous and most people tell me that they are not a completely off representation of the fanbase in general. I was kind of inclined to believe that.

Maybe I will give One Piece another go, if I run out of things to read. The size is certainly daunting though.''

WTF 4KIDS???? THAT EXPLAINS IT!! STFU AND GO WATCH THE JAPANESE ONE]

They are 2 diffrent animes!!!

Belive me the editing they did looked faker than the moon landing!!!

Go watch the jap version now!!!!! until u reach ep 40 in japanese dont post anything
buzbeSep 20, 2009 3:09 AM
Sep 20, 2009 9:28 AM
Oct 2008
Haylias,
PLEASE,JUST DON'T CRITICIZE SOMETHING WITHOUT TRULY UNDERSTAND IT.
Shakespeare is beautiful, in modern time like today a lot of people dont like his works, because they cannot understand, even worse, many don't even bother open the book and said "this sucks". HE is still legend, that explains why there's a class in college called Shakespeare. Just, go watch it, ignore the fans, ignore what you have heard before, just go watch it... there is a reason why this show is 400 eps long and still not even half way through w/ it.

just going to go off topic here, #48

i do not think you can simply cover the main idea of the show by just "dont give up ur dream even when u are fucked up" ?
tho it is certainly a theme.
And the idea of luffy promised shanks to be a better pirate than he is, it is nothing more than a motif. if you would insist that is the theme i then will argue that the idea of the D middle name is the main point!!!!! we should all name our sons w/ middle name of D!!!! then he can be awesome!!!!!! -___-...

and yes, he wants to become pirate king, but most importantly, do we care when? just HOW he becomes pirate king interests us, i mean, why else would we watch the show. IF THAT IS WHAT HE WANTS, he could have asked Roger's right hand man in soap island where roger hid his treasure and what it is and be done w/ it right? plus, do we even know ONE PIECE really exist?

Roger introduced anarchism into the corrupted world when he was about to die and sees there is nothing more he can do w/ his life. instead of waiting to die, he ended it w/ glory and the flame to ignite the dreams deep down of everyone. Tho, adventure, to put ur lives on the table, to fight for ur dream, accept the consequences, much like transcendentalism would probably be one of the themes. there are too many in this show, each arc probably has several...

There are much more in one piece, i am not going to summarize it for you...if you still think those what you have said was the main point...go re watch this shit and learn how to appreciate this show besides the action.
xieandySep 20, 2009 9:32 AM
Sep 20, 2009 9:30 AM

Nov 2008
Why do alot of people ''love'' one piece
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

53 by AlexoYuki »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
Today, 8:09 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.