MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Claymore »» Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

7 43.75%
4 out of 5: Liked it

7 43.75%
3 out of 5: It was OK

2 12.50%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 16

09-14-09, 4:32 PM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Claymores are silver-eyed demon killers that are half-demon themselves. They make the demons part of themselves?

The drawing style is a little different--it seems like their eyes are smaller and the foreheads bigger than normal for manga.

Claire is the female protagonist and she seems icy cold and quite lonely. I think she is afraid of forming relationships--perhaps she was hurt in the past? Maybe she regrets being one of the Claymores or perhaps she feels closer to the demons yet she is paid by humans to hunt and kill them.

04-22-10, 9:52 AM

This was different from the first and only episode of the animation series i saw..

04-25-10, 8:49 AM

The artwork of Claymores (Clare) in chapter 1 makes them (her) look like aliens (an alien).

I have a strong feeling that Yagi will improve his artwork gradually in future chapters.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clare is a "show-off".

or

did Clare require the extra force of gravity from falling through the ceiling of Raki's uncle's house, to slice (or try to) the (normal) yoma without releasing yoki yet, in order to keep her surprise/stealth for that initial entrance/attack/atempted attack.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clare talks about how "a name" will be soon forgottened...

Is she refering to someone important in her life that has become forgotten by everyone else?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clare struggles to kill (normal) yomas, having to use a lot of yoki to slice them in half.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Clare releases yoki her eyes turn yellow/golden

When Clare releases more yoki, her veins bulge up on her arms and legs.

Her face gets bulging veins on it too.
Modified by HegemonKhan, 04-25-10, 8:53 AM

04-25-10, 9:01 AM

also...

they have NO official name

they have two UN-official names: Claymores or Silver-Eyed Witches

Claymore comes from the reference to the huge swords (claymores) they carry/use/wield.

Silver-Eyed Witches comes from the fact that they DO have silver eyes, and that they are female.

their hair is either blond or light colored

they are at least as tall as the human males, or ~ 6 ft tall. the human women are under 6 feet tall, maybe ~ 5'6'' tall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raki:

mom = eaten by the (normal) yoma
dad = eaten by the (normal) yoma
brother = Zaki = eaten by the (normal) yoma and it uses his form/body afterwards
uncle = eaten by the (normal) yoma

1st encounter with the (normal) yoma = Raki faints. (his brother gets eaten by the normal yoma while he is unconscious).

2nd encounter with the (normal) yoma = Raki tries unsuccessfully to punch it. (lol)

Raki smells delicious to the (normal) yoma.
Modified by HegemonKhan, 04-25-10, 9:10 AM

03-10-11, 12:48 AM

'Claymores' wielding claymores onehandedly. Compared to Berserk, this might seem somewhat more realistic if she's indeed part-monster, instead of just human
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

12-02-11, 10:39 AM

Ah its good to see Clare be so forward and so far it feels good rereading this..

I Believe In hate at First sight. [Imagination, Bliss with No Cost.]

03-31-12, 9:44 AM

I feel bad for Raki. That has to be something. Your older brother was the monster the whole time? Smfh. And I wonder where Claire is going now?

08-08-12, 5:59 AM

I don't find art and composition easy to see, but wouldn't call it bad. Sure hope it'll improve along the way. Nice introduction for Clare. Even though form sure is deceptive with Claymores, Clare looks like she has a sensitive side and also somewhat lonely. Raki is a good kid, he'll need more luck though from now on.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

09-28-12, 8:52 PM

the monster looks like Kitano tho :P

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices